Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Irony being I always wanted to introduce Lucius to Koyla (you know, for when Koyla decided to get a new pet) who knew it'd turn out like that!

I hope your kiddo recovers quickly, that's rotten for her. I think I'm finally getting to that south of the border prompt but if not, I should have chapter 3 of the Hot Button done by the weekend and I am fairly confident that it will help you thaw out after the snow
    Awww thanks. She is feeling better today than she was yesterday and I'm sure each day will get better, now that she is on antibiotic.

And, I'll take whatever fic you wanna throw my way. Prompty or not, I enjoy your stories!
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

There you go whumping up on 'Lizabeth's sweetie again
      Yes, we can fix it all with a fic!

Come on you know Shep whump is hot...and besides you know what it leads to on the topic of Sparky, baths, TLC, massages....comfort!smut........

Okay that's it....I a so making a fic challenge for this thread......any of you Sparklicious writers in...its by time this thread strated having fic challenges.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

As a present to myself, for my 800th POST, Chapter 11 of "Everybody's Fine" is finally posted!!!

*squees and runs out to watch Netflix*

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          And I have to hang my head in shame... I just now saw that sometimes "JT" is used for John/Teyla ship. Oopsie! I certainly didn't mean that when I chose this username. As John would say "crap!" JT is just my nickname in real life. ::headdesk::
          I admit, I did a bit of a double-take when you first joined the thread, but I'd say it's pretty obvious your loyalties lie with Sparky.

But if you're still concerned about it, you can get your user name changed, though you'll have to talk to a mod about that.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          As a present to myself, for my 800th POST, Chapter 11 of "Everybody's Fine" is finally posted!!!

Hooray!
          Spoiler:
          HAH! John guessed it was a boy! That's so funny! And John, of course Elizabeth is a genius! We've been saying that all along!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Time to catch up on the meme!

Day the Sixth: A scene that had you laughing so hard you had to pause
            "Echoes" - The scene where Sheppard and McKay are in the infirmary after they got their eardrums burst, and Sheppard's mocking everything Canadian he can think of because he knows McKay can't hear him. Priceless!

Day the Seventh - A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real
            The final scene of "Ghost in the Machine," where FRANibeth leads the rest of the Asurans through the gate to get spaced. I firmly believe that FRANibeth is NOT the original Elizabeth, but just a copy. Even so, that moment where she looks back and the absolutely gutted expression on John's face breaks my heart.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              Good morning Sparkies! Happy Monday! Took the day off because my kiddo didn't have school today, but we'll be making a doctor's run soon - she came down with a fever Saturday night - now she has sore throat and swollen tonsils. YIKES!

Okay - on to the Sparky part.....prompties! Let's go with a theme of warmth and sunshine (as I sit in my midwestern home, preparing for more snow on Tuesday...grrrrr....):

Umbrella Drinks
              Sand between their toes
              Crashing Waves
              Catching some rays
              Warm tropical breezes
              Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              SR & SK - thanks for the wishes and hugs - she has strep throat. But, she's on antibiotic now, so she'll be better soon!

Ahh.....the good ol SGA days - we just need someone to photoshop Kate & Zelenka in - anyone else???

Spoiler:

Kids - always getting in trouble somehow Glad to hear she's on the mend

Oh Wow! Stopped by to say good morning and - 24 users on the thread. 21 guests! It may be a great Monday after all.

Glad you enjoyed the fic, I am working on the next chap. The bunnies and I have made peace but I'm not allowed to bring any more cake home SR- I'd like to take a peek in the JF handbook of yours, that sounds quite interesting.

Gateraid- OT

Spoiler:
              Give Farscape a try. It really was great, pay no attention to the parody.
              Re OT

Spoiler:
              I'll probably get it out on dvd at some stage, but it wont be any time soon. I'm always late to the party

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Considering I'm up against a Dutch English-teacher, it does require some can opening. Especially since that is the first time someone (her son) told me that it's perfectly acceptable to write warrior with one R.
              It's probably acceptable in a text, but it isn't correct. Mind you, I had to adjust my phone's dictionary the other day - it didn't know how to spell bare, but could spell that word that women hate

As I went over the Echoes recap for old time's sake, I happen to stumble across one of my responses... I made myself giggle.
              I discovered why I don't like Bones. This is from an OT discussion of X-Files:

I think the Mulder/Scully switching stereotypes comment is interesting.

Mulder is not 'macho' as such, but he is still a regular guy who is driven by what he believes. Scully is competent and professional, but not the usual, well, emotionally and socially shut off ***** that that usually entails on tv. Both of those roles proved at the time that it is/was possible to be (and write for) not-the-norm.

Whereas if the X-files were written now, Mulder would be emotionally crippled, cry at every life altering event, and knit in his spare time.

Scully would be uptight, have no knowledge of social interaction. She would however have a huge bust, and could have competed in America's Next Top Model if she desired. She hates how she is always judged by her looks, and not by, like, her ability

If you remove the big boobs and knitting, that pretty much sums up Booth & Brennan

I so enjoy these! So many epps I need to re- re-watch. I'd forgotten about John and Rodney yelling when they were in the infirmary in Echoes. Priceless.

I thought the excerpt below was great and- sadly- accurate (re: the Return).
              Sad but true

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              I bet y'all think I disappeared!!! Well, I did for a while... But I thought I'd pop on in and say "Howdy" to all my fellow sparkies. I see the usual suspects are here: SK, SR, SMB, LTCJS, FH, gateraid, Anuna, Eri, and Probie (my homie). And I see a few new faces too. So welcome to our cracked out little piece of fandom. The "old timers" might recognize this one, but the new fellas might enjoy this little chestnut in the wake of my absence.
              Hey!! Welcome back!! I was just wondering where you went when I was looking for those recaps.

Her recaps are so awesome!! (Gotta go find the Tao of Rodney one)

All the talk about the OOC-ness between John and Elizabeth in The Return I made me think about Gero, and what his issue was. My personal theory about Gero is that he finally saw the Sparky chemistry when he was commenting on Coup D'etat (his "so, do they hook up after this?" comment). And he realized he couldn't even give them a scene together about the history of coups without it turning completely flirty. Cause it seems after that he didn't give them many scenes together anymore. That unintentional fool But like Eri said, you get them together at the dinner and the sparks fly across the screen.
              He seems to be one of those writers that you can pick when he is writing something because it is necessary (ie a certain situation) vs when he just lets the scene happen

I found Eri13's Tao of Rodney recap. Wonderful analysis!!

Did she ever do one of Vegas? I'd love to read the analysis on that episode!
              I missed a lot of the later ones, so I'm not sure. Probably.

And I have to hang my head in shame... I just now saw that sometimes "JT" is used for John/Teyla ship. Oopsie! I certainly didn't mean that when I chose this username. As John would say "crap!" JT is just my nickname in real life. ::headdesk::
              I noticed it, but you were signing your posts with your first name at the time, so figured it had something to do with that
              sigpic

Comment

I found Eri13's Tao of Rodney recap. Wonderful analysis!!

Did she ever do one of Vegas? I'd love to read the analysis on that episode!

Can't say I didn't notice it, but I figured it must be your initials or something. Besides we have in the past had multi-shippers here. We never have a problem with other shippers until they start dissing Sparky right to our faces. You're one of us so your name doesn't matter.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Sweet! Good ending to my breakfast.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                  I bet y'all think I disappeared!!! Well, I did for a while... But I thought I'd pop on in and say "Howdy" to all my fellow sparkies. I see the usual suspects are here: SK, SR, SMB, LTCJS, FH, gateraid, Anuna, Eri, and Probie (my homie). And I see a few new faces too. So welcome to our cracked out little piece of fandom. The "old timers" might recognize this one, but the new fellas might enjoy this little chestnut in the wake of my absence.
                  Hi Pkprd! Good to see you--and a question: are you still on as a writer for SS6? It's slow going, but we're still working on it!

Ooo, recaps! I had such fun doing those. I'm afraid I never did Vegas--I didn't get that far, I stopped right after Lifeline (I might have done a mini-cap of S4 between TMC and LL, but I don't think I actually did TMC).

Anuna, however, did a good recap of it if I remember correctly.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    Hi Pkprd! Good to see you--and a question: are you still on as a writer for SS6? It's slow going, but we're still working on it!
                    Where there's a will, there's a way! We'll get it done! *high-fives Eri*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    Ooo, recaps! I had such fun doing those. I'm afraid I never did Vegas--I didn't get that far, I stopped right after Lifeline (I might have done a mini-cap of S4 between TMC and LL, but I don't think I actually did TMC).

Anuna, however, did a good recap of it if I remember correctly.
                    It'd certainly be fun to get some Zero Point Snark-style recaps for S4-5.

Comment

Congrats to SW for the 800th post, I'm working through Everyone's Fine here and smiling happily as I do so.

I've been poking through some old interviews to distract me on my way to short lunch break and thought I'd share these. They made me smile
                      Spoiler:
                      http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...flanigan.shtml
                      JF:
                      And yeah, you see it -- actually I've watched a number of the scenes that they have written. I've watched the dailies. And they're nice. It's nice to see the characters that you're familiar with get to know each other [in] more intimate moments and stuff. They're nice. I like them. As an actor, I enjoy it quite a bit because we have very few mano a mano scenes.

It was interesting, because someone was cutting together a reel for me and we couldn't find a scene that lasted longer than 15 seconds, really. Because the show is an action show, and it's "Boom boom boom boom." Cut back and forth, intercuts, intercuts! And getting a whole scene that has an emotional arc, where two people arrive, they speak, and they then leave two pages later, slightly transformed -- that's traditional, dramatic style that I hope they inject more of that stuff into the show. Because as an actor it's a lot of fun to do.

Go Rising!

This one made me giggle...and wish it was happy hour!
                      Spoiler:
                      http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2008/...gan-Interview/
                      JF:
                      Well, when it comes to fight scenes, my solutions tend to be more Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark, pistol finishes it off sword fight sort of thing. I’m kind of sloppy. When I started, Bam Bam, (James Bamford) our stunt co-ordinator, talked to me about what kind of fighting I’d be doing.

At the beginning of the show, he thought I was going to be this martial arts expert, where I saw the character as more of this regular guy, flying by the seat of his pants, hoping to somehow get through it, lucky to pull this thing off. It’s fun to have those martial artists on the show, but chances are Sheppard’s more likely to have a beer in his time off than sparring.

What a minute- SK did you say smut? *runs to look*
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Belated congratulations to ShipperWriter for hitting the 800 post mark! I was so excited to see new fic that I completely missed that. I iz bad!

Congrats to SW for the 800th post, I'm working through Everyone's Fine here and smiling happily as I do so.

I've been poking through some old interviews to distract me on my way to short lunch break and thought I'd share these. They made me smile

Go Rising!

This one made me giggle...and wish it was happy hour!
                        Aaaah, good times! Back when life was carefree and Torri was still on the show. Don't worry, Joe, we're gonna fix everything!

Speaking of Torri, she's going to be appearing at Wizard World's Anaheim Comic Con on April 29 - May 1. And I was already planning to go, too!

What a minute- SK did you say smut? *runs to look*
                        LOL! It's a theme day. Though we haven't always been sticking to theme...

Comment

And before I forget, a quick alert for Atlantis Rising staff members: SyFy is currently showing a marathon of the first eight episodes of Season 2 of Stargate Universe. You'll remember not too long ago I did a breakdown of key information to come out of SGU that could have an impact on our planning for SGA Rising, so if you want to see some of these episodes for yourselves, now's your chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            And before I forget, a quick alert for Atlantis Rising staff members: SyFy is currently showing a marathon of the first eight episodes of Season 2 of Stargate Universe. You'll remember not too long ago I did a breakdown of key information to come out of SGU that could have an impact on our planning for SGA Rising, so if you want to see some of these episodes for yourselves, now's your chance.
                            Hey what page was that breakdown on anyway?

Comment

Hello pkprd!!!!!!! It's good to see you here, homie. Hope you're fine.

SW: Congratulations!!!!

This thread is always too fast for me. Time to read what I missed.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi sparkyliciois friends sitting here eatin some sushi hope all is wonderful and sparkily. Anyway For the Sparky writers who like to write Fan fiction, would anyone be up to having Sparky fan fic challenges over here you know maybe for fun....
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X