Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    *cringes* Oops. Hey, I was really tired!!! LOL

    *looks across room and sees fic bunnies still sprawled out on the floor*

    ... Yeah, nothing yet.
    Hey it could be worse, you could have mistaken it for some crap by Justin Bieber

    Great now my Common Ground from Hell Nightmare where Kolya tortures Sheppard with Justin Bieber instead of a wraith is stuck in my head
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      What type of fics do you like? Fluff, angst, etc....I've got a lot of bookmarks!
      I like everything except unrealistic fics (zombie, vampire....) and I don't want AU.
      Give me what you want. Thank you.

      Edit:
      I was looking the old pages of this thread. Some interesting thing.

      First one:
      "Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?
      JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
      July 2009"

      We were so happy.lol

      and the idea of SGA Rising started just with a joke between SR and me.lol
      January, 17th 2009

      I didn't remember the fact we had a list of our jobs for the show. Guys, we are crazy.lol
      Last edited by Probie; 05 February 2011, 12:28 PM.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        That was great, I hadn't seen that before- and it led me to this vid which goes hand in hand with the Mysterious Lemons fic.

        That was pretty funny, thanks!

        Originally posted by Probie View Post
        First one:
        "Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?
        JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
        July 2009"
        That still makes me go SQUEE!!!! I love how JF gets his point across. "who was, like, my boss". Yeah, ok, could that mean anything BUT Elizabeth? LOVE IT!

        Here's a fic. John's mind turns into a child and he becomes even more adorable than usual. Child's Play

        Comment


          Originally posted by Probie View Post
          I like everything except unrealistic fics (zombie, vampire....) and I don't want AU.
          Give me what you want. Thank you.

          Edit:
          I was looking the old pages of this thread. Some interesting thing.

          First one:
          "Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?
          JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
          July 2009"

          We were so happy.lol

          and the idea of SGA Rising started just with a joke between SR and me.lol
          January, 17th 2009

          I didn't remember the fact we had a list of our jobs for the show. Guys, we are crazy.lol
          Oh how we did squee over that JF comment. Who else could it have been? That and the number of times he has expressed a wish for a "girlfriend" tells me he wasn't thinking about John being shipped with anyone else on the show.

          And after accepting the job as showrunner, I started in right away kicking shins and taking names.

          *accepts job as showrunner* Now let's move on to S6.

          Memo to all former writers for Stargate:Atlantis: There's a new sheriff in town. She's got red hair and she's possibly armed so watch it. When you come to work tomorrow morning some of you will find moving boxes in your office. If you find said boxes in your office, fill them with all personal belongings and exit the building. A security guard will be available to assist you with this endeavor. Please leave any keys to your office, the storage closets and the conference rooms on your desk. And try not to let the studio gates smack you in the behind. That is all.

          A new team of writers will be arriving to replace those who are departing. Carl Binder has been assigned as a one man welcome committee. Most of the new writers know each other from the Sparky thread on GW or on LJ but only under usernames. Our first meeting will consist of a get-to-know-you brunch with mimosas mojitos on the SGA set. Don't be late.
          sigpic

          Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Probie View Post
            I was looking the old pages of this thread. Some interesting thing.

            First one:
            "Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?
            JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
            July 2009"

            We were so happy.lol
            *happy sigh* I remember the first time I read that in the magazine, I could not stop bouncing and squeeing! He was totally talking about Elizabeth!

            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Here's a fic. John's mind turns into a child and he becomes even more adorable than usual. Child's Play
            Eeeee! That sounds like a cute fic! *runs to read*

            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Oh how we did squee over that JF comment. Who else could it have been? That and the number of times he has expressed a wish for a "girlfriend" tells me he wasn't thinking about John being shipped with anyone else on the show.
            Yup, I think Joe definitely realized there was a better idea than what TPTW had planned (or rather, made vague hand waves at).

            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            And after accepting the job as showrunner, I started in right away kicking shins and taking names.

            *accepts job as showrunner* Now let's move on to S6.

            Memo to all former writers for Stargate:Atlantis: There's a new sheriff in town. She's got red hair and she's possibly armed so watch it. When you come to work tomorrow morning some of you will find moving boxes in your office. If you find said boxes in your office, fill them with all personal belongings and exit the building. A security guard will be available to assist you with this endeavor. Please leave any keys to your office, the storage closets and the conference rooms on your desk. And try not to let the studio gates smack you in the behind. That is all.

            A new team of writers will be arriving to replace those who are departing. Carl Binder has been assigned as a one man welcome committee. Most of the new writers know each other from the Sparky thread on GW or on LJ but only under usernames. Our first meeting will consist of a get-to-know-you brunch with mimosas mojitos on the SGA set. Don't be late.
            *cackles* Good times!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              That was pretty funny, thanks!



              That still makes me go SQUEE!!!! I love how JF gets his point across. "who was, like, my boss". Yeah, ok, could that mean anything BUT Elizabeth? LOVE IT!

              Here's a fic. John's mind turns into a child and he becomes even more adorable than usual. Child's Play
              Adorable! That John is even cuter than the adult John. Love the ending too.
              sigpic

              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

              Comment


                Oh....holy....he**! One week later, I'm done. Caught up with all the Stargate Ren.....and there's no more....but-there must be more! I need more! Ahhh! *runs for liquor* Oh crap
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  Oh....holy....he**! One week later, I'm done. Caught up with all the Stargate Ren.....and there's no more....but-there must be more! I need more! Ahhh! *runs for liquor* Oh crap
                  Read 'em again, this time while playing the soundtrack mixes on your mp3 player of choice? With copious amounts of port, of course.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Adorable! That John is even cuter than the adult John. Love the ending too.
                    It's very cute, isn't it? Pen-gu-ins. I love that author.

                    Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    Oh....holy....he**! One week later, I'm done. Caught up with all the Stargate Ren.....and there's no more....but-there must be more! I need more! Ahhh! *runs for liquor* Oh crap
                    Don't get fruit punch flavored vodka. Recent personal experience tells me it's nasty!! I was watching an episode of Farscape when the main character (same actor as Cameron Mitchell on SG1) has on Stargate!Ren type clothes and is sword fighting. So I'm watching Farscape but I keep thinking it's Cameron from Stargate!Ren, not "John" from Farscape. My brain got all confused.

                    Comment


                      *pops in*

                      Hey, anybody heard from Anuna lately??? Don't think I've seen her in a bit ...

                      To all the other peeps and the lurkers ... HI!!!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        *pops in*

                        Hey, anybody heard from Anuna lately??? Don't think I've seen her in a bit ...

                        To all the other peeps and the lurkers ... HI!!!
                        Ello SW
                        BALCONIES
                        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Rant.
                          Spoiler:
                          you know i tried to find shows to keep my mind off of stargate during this break and i gotta tell ya it's not working. stupid mid season hiatus. whats with the 4 to 5 month hiatus anyway?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            It's very cute, isn't it? Pen-gu-ins. I love that author.



                            Don't get fruit punch flavored vodka. Recent personal experience tells me it's nasty!! I was watching an episode of Farscape when the main character (same actor as Cameron Mitchell on SG1) has on Stargate!Ren type clothes and is sword fighting. So I'm watching Farscape but I keep thinking it's Cameron from Stargate!Ren, not "John" from Farscape. My brain got all confused.

                            *cackles* Ah, it's so much fun to watch our Stargate cast faves in other projects and then start having flashbacks to their Stargate characters.

                            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            *pops in*

                            Hey, anybody heard from Anuna lately??? Don't think I've seen her in a bit ...

                            To all the other peeps and the lurkers ... HI!!!
                            'Nuna's been bogged down by real life lately. Hopefully we'll see her again soon.

                            Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            Rant.
                            Spoiler:
                            you know i tried to find shows to keep my mind off of stargate during this break and i gotta tell ya it's not working. stupid mid season hiatus. whats with the 4 to 5 month hiatus anyway?
                            Er... Stargate Universe was canceled. SyFy probably doesn't have any reason to hurry up to get the remaining episodes aired. (Though one hopes that with the little marathon of first-half Season 2 episodes they're doing on Tuesday, they may be getting ready to pick a start date for 2.5 soon) Learn the virtue of patience, grasshopper.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                            Comment


                              Wrote a couple of pages on the new chapters but not ready quite yet. I always have this problem that, when I know I'm getting towards the climax/end of the story, I start getting overwhelmed. This is why I have trouble completing longer stories.

                              On the other hand, went back through some stuff I wrote for Enterprise, mainly Trip/T'Pol, and there is one story that is 60 pages long! I might hafta post it on FFdotnet ... when I post my other updates ... Heh. Another ship that I haven't quite moved on from!

                              BTW, found this someplace a little while ago, but it might bode well ... spoilered:

                              Comment from Jo Graham’s LJ about the Legacy book series, in response to a question if Elizabeth would be making a reappearance similar to Trip Tucker after the end of “Enterprise” -- and Jo’s SQUEEEE reply:

                              Spoiler:
                              I really liked Elizabeth, and I hated the way her story ended. Which of course was one of our constraints in writing Legacy -- TPTB have said that "her story is over," so there are limitations on what we can do.

                              That said, from the second book on there are -- how should I put this? -- increasing hints of Elizabeth's presence. I can't be too spoilery, and the later books have not yet been through the approval process at MGM so I can't be sure what will or won't change, but Elizabeth has definitely not been forgotten. And she is, shall we say, still taking an active hand in events....


                              Of course, given that MGM went bankrupt and the movie got shelved, I wonder if the same is true for the book ...

                              Oh well. We've got SGARising, and that beats all!!!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Er... Stargate Universe was canceled. SyFy probably doesn't have any reason to hurry up to get the remaining episodes aired. (Though one hopes that with the little marathon of first-half Season 2 episodes they're doing on Tuesday, they may be getting ready to pick a start date for 2.5 soon) Learn the virtue of patience, grasshopper.
                                Patience has never been one of my virtues but i do apologize.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X