Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    Speaking of Return: Why didn't John get any sort of reprimand after they retook the city? i mean he did disobey orders.
    Well....they did leave him in a galaxy with lifesucking aliens....
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I thought you guys would like to see the Sparkylicious RP thread my friend and I got going (it's a WIP), it's fluff....pure fluff but I think you'll like it if you would like to follow it is here:

http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Capt...wtopic=39&st=0

(Ignore the fact it's a mass crossover board.....just focus on the Sparky)
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        LOL. The handbook resides in the dark recesses of my brain. It is held together by duct tape and rubber bands and sometimes pages fall out never to be seen again. It was accumulated over the last 7 *yikes* years of hanging out in the fandom. Accuracy varies according to how my synapses are firing that day.

Oh dear. Sick kids are never fun. Best wishes.
        Love the prompts. It's quite balmy here today-in the 50's.
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Because Atlantis Rising really does stick to canon equally for all characters. Unlike some novels we could name.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I went to Disneyland! (yes, again. Hey, I have an annual pass! And they were having a Lunar New Year festival, so I got to see all sorts of martial arts and Chinese dance exhibitions! It was fun! )

*hugs SMB_BOOKS* Hope the kiddo is okay! Fevers aren't fun.

Aaaaahhhhh! I love it when the Atlantis betting pool runs amok! Now John, stop rabbiting off and go snog Lizzeh! You're making her sad!
        SR & SK - thanks for the wishes and hugs - she has strep throat. But, she's on antibiotic now, so she'll be better soon!

Ahh.....the good ol SGA days - we just need someone to photoshop Kate & Zelenka in - anyone else???

Spoiler:

sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

I bet y'all think I disappeared!!! Well, I did for a while... But I thought I'd pop on in and say "Howdy" to all my fellow sparkies. I see the usual suspects are here: SK, SR, SMB, LTCJS, FH, gateraid, Anuna, Eri, and Probie (my homie). And I see a few new faces too. So welcome to our cracked out little piece of fandom. The "old timers" might recognize this one, but the new fellas might enjoy this little chestnut in the wake of my absence.

Spoiler:
          The Hot Cycle

John Sheppard carried his laundry basket through the halls of Atlantis frustrated at how the day had been going. He almost got blown up by the Wraith, the mess hall ran out of turkey sandwiches, and now most of the water was out in the city. The transporters were also down for routine maintenance, so he was forced to carry his laundry to the other side of the city where the only functional set of washing machines were located.

“Excuse me John,” Teyla stopped approaching John.

“Hey Teyla, what’s up?” John asked.

“You dropped these,” Teyla crinkled her face and held out a pair of green boot socks.

“Thanks. This water thing is a killing me,” John replied.

“It has many people in the city upset,” Teyla responded.

“Well, I better hurry and get a washing machine before they’re all taken,” John said as he gestured at his basket.

“Your clothes are in a great need for washing,” Teyla face crinkled again thinking about John’s smelly socks.

John continued on his way to the laundry room. He wondered why Teyla would comment about his laundry. He grabbed a t-shirt and gave it a sniff. John’s face contorted and he agreed with Teyla; his clothes definitely needed a good washing.

He finally arrived in the laundry room and saw six out of the seven washing machines in use. Zelenka was repairing one and John could hear his Czech friend cursing in his native tongue.

“Good afternoon, Colonel,” Lorne came into the laundry.

“Good afternoon, Major,” John returned.

“Well sir, I’m pulling out my load. The washer is all yours,” Lorne spoke as he started moving his clothes from the washer to the dryer.

“Cool thanks. I don’t suppose you happen to have a turkey sandwich on you?” John joked.

“No sir,” Lorne responded with a laugh and exited the room.

“I think these are yours,” Elizabeth grinned and held up a pair of boxers with yellow smiley faces on them.

“Um, yeah,” John took the boxers trying to hide his embarrassment.

“Are there any open machines?” Elizabeth asked.

“I was gonna wash my stuff, but you can go first,” John answered.

“No, I can wait,” Elizabeth replied.

“It’s cool.”

“I wouldn’t want to line jump.”

“I don’t mind.”

“From what I can smell, you need to go first.”

John gave Elizabeth a look and she answered with a brow raise. He really did need to wash his clothes, but John was still old fashioned and thought ladies first.

“We can wash our clothes together,” Elizabeth offered as a compromise.

“You sure you want them mixing with my stinky skivvies,” John threw back in sarcasm a little upset about Elizabeth’s smell comment.

“John. I was just kidding. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings,” Elizabeth set down her basket and put her hand on John’s shoulder.

“Don’t expect us to start having slumber parties and braiding each other’s hair,” John replied dryly.

“We could just paint our nails,” Elizabeth responded in kind.

John and Elizabeth started putting their clothes into the washing machine. Despite popular belief on Atlantis, he was not a cad. He tried focusing on his own laundry instead of ogling Elizabeth’s underwear. But alas; John Sheppard was still a man.

“What?” Elizabeth grinned at John.

“Oh, uh, nothing,” John averted his gaze at a pair of lacy red panties Elizabeth was putting in the machine.

“John Sheppard, don’t tell me you’ve never seen a pair of women’s panties,” Elizabeth was starting to enjoy teasing John.

“No,” John began with a look of surprise, “I’ve seen lots of women’s underwear.” John turned on the washing machine.

“Really... Kirk,” Elizabeth grinned and raised her brow.

“Whoa, not like that.”

“How then?”

“Like you know, when you go to the store. You gotta walk by other stuff.”

“Oh, yeah sure.”

“What? I mean I do okay with the girls. Not that I go out trying to do that... I’m not a ‘player’... or something.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Open foot insert mouth.”

Elizabeth finally broke into a full out laugh. John looked at her stunned, then started laughing himself. The two continued to converse while the washing machine ran. Instead of missions, supplies, and the Wraith dominating the conversation, John and Elizabeth shared friendly banter back and forth.

John and Elizabeth forgot about Zelenka in the corner fixing a broken washing machine. He shook his head and mumbled something about “teenagers in love” in his native tongue. He could not wait to get this little laundry day episode into the grapevine.

“Washing machine’s done,” John heard the buzzer.

“Okay, I’ll grab a Bounce dryer sheet,” Elizabeth reached for the box in her basket.

“What the hell!” John yelled seeing all his white underwear and t-shirts had turned pink.

“What happened?” Elizabeth paused from moving clothes to the dryer while she held one of her red shirts.

“They’re pink,” John’s shoulders dropped and dejection on his face.

Elizabeth looked at the settings on the washing machine.

“John, you left the wash cycle on hot,” Elizabeth began laughing.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

pkprd869 Why hello there stranger! Thanks for "The Hot Cycle" redux - fun fic!

And, I'll try to get back on track with the SGA meme - missed a few days there...

Day 7: A scene you had to pause during to remind yourself it’s not real

Hmmmm - that's a tough one. I don't usually get that immersed in a show that I forget it's all make-believe.

I guess I'll pick "Irresponsible" - the whole damn episode. Mainly because I kept asking myself throughout the whole thing questions like "Really? They brought this idiot (Lucius) back?" And the question heard the world over "WTF? Why did the kill Kolya off?" I kept hoping it all be a bad dream and somebody would wake up at the end. Alas, no such luck.
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Why John Sheppard allows himself to get Whumped
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Not me. Although I did hear the odd update on the radio. However I did manage to find Eri13's Echoes recap, Return I and Return II
                Her recaps are so awesome!! (Gotta go find the Tao of Rodney one)

All the talk about the OOC-ness between John and Elizabeth in The Return I made me think about Gero, and what his issue was. My personal theory about Gero is that he finally saw the Sparky chemistry when he was commenting on Coup D'etat (his "so, do they hook up after this?" comment). And he realized he couldn't even give them a scene together about the history of coups without it turning completely flirty. Cause it seems after that he didn't give them many scenes together anymore. That unintentional fool But like Eri said, you get them together at the dinner and the sparks fly across the screen.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                I bet y'all think I disappeared!!! Well, I did for a while... But I thought I'd pop on in and say "Howdy" to all my fellow sparkies. I see the usual suspects are here: SK, SR, SMB, LTCJS, FH, gateraid, Anuna, Eri, and Probie (my homie). And I see a few new faces too. So welcome to our cracked out little piece of fandom. The "old timers" might recognize this one, but the new fellas might enjoy this little chestnut in the wake of my absence.

Spoiler:
                The Hot Cycle

John Sheppard carried his laundry basket through the halls of Atlantis frustrated at how the day had been going. He almost got blown up by the Wraith, the mess hall ran out of turkey sandwiches, and now most of the water was out in the city. The transporters were also down for routine maintenance, so he was forced to carry his laundry to the other side of the city where the only functional set of washing machines were located.

“You dropped these,” Teyla crinkled her face and held out a pair of green boot socks.

“Well, I better hurry and get a washing machine before they’re all taken,” John said as he gestured at his basket.

“Your clothes are in a great need for washing,” Teyla face crinkled again thinking about John’s smelly socks.

John continued on his way to the laundry room. He wondered why Teyla would comment about his laundry. He grabbed a t-shirt and gave it a sniff. John’s face contorted and he agreed with Teyla; his clothes definitely needed a good washing.

He finally arrived in the laundry room and saw six out of the seven washing machines in use. Zelenka was repairing one and John could hear his Czech friend cursing in his native tongue.

“Well sir, I’m pulling out my load. The washer is all yours,” Lorne spoke as he started moving his clothes from the washer to the dryer.

“Cool thanks. I don’t suppose you happen to have a turkey sandwich on you?” John joked.

“I think these are yours,” Elizabeth grinned and held up a pair of boxers with yellow smiley faces on them.

“It’s cool.”

“I don’t mind.”

John gave Elizabeth a look and she answered with a brow raise. He really did need to wash his clothes, but John was still old fashioned and thought ladies first.

“You sure you want them mixing with my stinky skivvies,” John threw back in sarcasm a little upset about Elizabeth’s smell comment.

“John. I was just kidding. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings,” Elizabeth set down her basket and put her hand on John’s shoulder.

“Don’t expect us to start having slumber parties and braiding each other’s hair,” John replied dryly.

John and Elizabeth started putting their clothes into the washing machine. Despite popular belief on Atlantis, he was not a cad. He tried focusing on his own laundry instead of ogling Elizabeth’s underwear. But alas; John Sheppard was still a man.

“Oh, uh, nothing,” John averted his gaze at a pair of lacy red panties Elizabeth was putting in the machine.

“John Sheppard, don’t tell me you’ve never seen a pair of women’s panties,” Elizabeth was starting to enjoy teasing John.

“No,” John began with a look of surprise, “I’ve seen lots of women’s underwear.” John turned on the washing machine.

“Whoa, not like that.”

“How then?”

“Oh, yeah sure.”

“What? I mean I do okay with the girls. Not that I go out trying to do that... I’m not a ‘player’... or something.”

“Uh-huh.”

Elizabeth finally broke into a full out laugh. John looked at her stunned, then started laughing himself. The two continued to converse while the washing machine ran. Instead of missions, supplies, and the Wraith dominating the conversation, John and Elizabeth shared friendly banter back and forth.

John and Elizabeth forgot about Zelenka in the corner fixing a broken washing machine. He shook his head and mumbled something about “teenagers in love” in his native tongue. He could not wait to get this little laundry day episode into the grapevine.

“Okay, I’ll grab a Bounce dryer sheet,” Elizabeth reached for the box in her basket.

“What the hell!” John yelled seeing all his white underwear and t-shirts had turned pink.

“What happened?” Elizabeth paused from moving clothes to the dryer while she held one of her red shirts.

Nice to meet you! That was a really great fic! I especially loved Zelenka.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

And, I'll try to get back on track with the SGA meme - missed a few days there...

Hmmmm - that's a tough one. I don't usually get that immersed in a show that I forget it's all make-believe.

I guess I'll pick "Irresponsible" - the whole damn episode. Mainly because I kept asking myself throughout the whole thing questions like "Really? They brought this idiot (Lucius) back?" And the question heard the world over "WTF? Why did the kill Kolya off?" I kept hoping it all be a bad dream and somebody would wake up at the end. Alas, no such luck.
                You got that right! They used Kolya in a Lucius episode???? WTF?

I hope your daughter feels better soon!!!

Comment

Heylo!!! The new chapters are almost done, should be posted tomorrow!!!

Need to be asleep in an hour, but I wanna end my night on a Sparky note!

Spoiler:
                  The Hot Cycle

“It’s cool.”

“I don’t mind.”

“Whoa, not like that.”

“How then?”

“Oh, yeah sure.”

“Uh-huh.”

Awesome lil fic!!! Good to see you again, pkprd!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                    The Hot Cycle

“It’s cool.”

“I don’t mind.”

“Whoa, not like that.”

“How then?”

“Oh, yeah sure.”

“Uh-huh.”

*tackle hug* Hey buddy! We've been missing you. As you can see, the thread has been busier than ever. We have some great new members who are just dying to get to know you. Sparky has never been better.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    Yep, and why he whumps himself more than anyone else ever could.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Yep, and why he whumps himself more than anyone else ever could.
                      I have another theory........maybe he whumps himself to get some TLC from his beloved Elizabeth.....oh I see a Sparky fic Challenge IDEA!
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        The Hot Cycle

“It’s cool.”

“I don’t mind.”

“Whoa, not like that.”

“How then?”

“Oh, yeah sure.”

“Uh-huh.”

Hey, buddy! Long time, no see!

Ah, The Hot Cycle! That fic is classic comedy, and it's always a pleasure to reread!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Her recaps are so awesome!! (Gotta go find the Tao of Rodney one)

All the talk about the OOC-ness between John and Elizabeth in The Return I made me think about Gero, and what his issue was. My personal theory about Gero is that he finally saw the Sparky chemistry when he was commenting on Coup D'etat (his "so, do they hook up after this?" comment). And he realized he couldn't even give them a scene together about the history of coups without it turning completely flirty. Cause it seems after that he didn't give them many scenes together anymore. That unintentional fool But like Eri said, you get them together at the dinner and the sparks fly across the screen.
                        Ahahahaha! You know, that wouldn't surprise me.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I found Eri13's Tao of Rodney recap. Wonderful analysis!!

Did she ever do one of Vegas? I'd love to read the analysis on that episode!

And I have to hang my head in shame... I just now saw that sometimes "JT" is used for John/Teyla ship. Oopsie! I certainly didn't mean that when I chose this username. As John would say "crap!" JT is just my nickname in real life. ::headdesk::

Comment

Spoiler:
                            The Hot Cycle

“It’s cool.”

“I don’t mind.”

“Whoa, not like that.”

“How then?”

“Oh, yeah sure.”

“Uh-huh.”

And if washing their clothes together wouldn't be enough to light up Vegas- we get pink underwear (now if they only would have forgotten the dryer sheet we could have ended up with the red thong stuck to the back of his shirt!)!
                            “Like you know, when you go to the store. You gotta walk by other stuff.” LMAO! Got to love an articulate man.

Very nice!
                            sigpic

Comment

And I have to hang my head in shame... I just now saw that sometimes "JT" is used for John/Teyla ship. Oopsie! I certainly didn't mean that when I chose this username. As John would say "crap!" JT is just my nickname in real life. ::headdesk::
                              Eeh, don't worry about it!!! Besides, if anyone were to look through your posts, they would all be Sparky instead of John/Teyla, so I think they'd get the idea. No worries, mon!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by SMB_BOOKS

Irony being I always wanted to introduce Lucius to Koyla (you know, for when Koyla decided to get a new pet) who knew it'd turn out like that!

I hope your kiddo recovers quickly, that's rotten for her. I think I'm finally getting to that south of the border prompt but if not, I should have chapter 3 of the Hot Button done by the weekend and I am fairly confident that it will help you thaw out after the snow

Spoiler:
                                I have another theory........maybe he whumps himself to get some TLC from his beloved Elizabeth.....oh I see a Sparky fic Challenge IDEA!
                                There you go whumping up on 'Lizabeth's sweetie again
                                Yes, we can fix it all with a fic!

I must have sparky tunnel vision- I had no idea. Well, they say you are judged by the company you keep so you got nothing to worry about
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X