Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    somebody should ask Joe what his favorite NFL team is.
    Indeed. Strange it hasn't come up before, at least not in any Con footage or interview I've seen. Maybe we can tweet DH to see if he can get JF to stop being a twitter slacker and we can ask him. I've been worried that the lingering effects of Disney Hell have taken hold of him!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Disney Hell?

Comment

Disney Hell?
        Yep. He's only tweeted a few times since then...must have been a traumatic experience

Spoiler:

http://twitter.com/JoeFlanigan (All below are copies of his tweets)
        Also, word of warning, the Magic Kingdom is dry. Must the be the ninth circle of Dante's Inferno.
        7:15 PM Oct 19th, 2010 via Twitter for iPhone

Barely alive. 24 hours left in DisneyHell. Fighting zombie mind-control techniques, but outnumbered
        1:09 PM Oct 19th, 2010 via Twitter for iPhone

Countdown to DisneyHell: 48 hours...tick tock. If Florida can make missing chads dissappear, can't they do the same with DisneyWorld?
        9:56 AM Oct 14th, 2010 via Twitter for iPhone
        sigpic

Comment

I would have liked to have seen the eppisode where Shep explained the half-time festivities to Ronon and Teyla.
          Spoiler:
          "Those are the Black Eyed Peas." Shep
          "Peas?" Teyla arches her eye.
          "Your people dress funny." Ronon.
          "Well...we only wear the glittery shoulder pads on very special occasions." Shep.
          "John...If I may make a suggestion. If Atlantis ever decides to host a diplomatic event...it may be best to consider dance lessons from the Athosians. I'm not sure the people in this galaxy would understand your style of... dance." Teyla.

Elizabeth enters room. "I'll be your partner John, I love to dance."

All proceed to clean up beer and popcorn Shep knocks all other the floor.
          Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 06 February 2011, 04:27 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Indeed. Strange it hasn't come up before, at least not in any Con footage or interview I've seen. Maybe we can tweet DH to see if he can get JF to stop being a twitter slacker and we can ask him. I've been worried that the lingering effects of Disney Hell have taken hold of him!
            I'm not watching the Super Bowl. Mr. SR and I are strictly college football only. The NFL is just a bunch of overpaid egos. I would imagine Joe would be a fan of one of the western teams if he's a fan at all. I know he mentioned once at a con about his cable going out during the Super Bowl so I think he watches.

I don't think he tweets much when he's home with his family. Didn't he say in Sweden that they keep him pretty busy? Maybe when he goes to the UK in April to do that other movie, he will get bored enough to tweet again.

Instead of the game, we watched Romancing the Stone and I imagined it being Sparky.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I'm not watching the Super Bowl. Mr. SR and I are strictly college football only. The NFL is just a bunch of overpaid egos. I would imagine Joe would be a fan of one of the western teams if he's a fan at all. I know he mentioned once at a con about his cable going out during the Super Bowl so I think he watches.

I don't think he tweets much when he's home with his family. Didn't he say in Sweden that they keep him pretty busy? Maybe when he goes to the UK in April to do that other movie, he will get bored enough to tweet again.

Instead of the game, we watched Romancing the Stone and I imagined it being Sparky.
              I'll be cackling all the way to bed thinking about that. Sparky Romancing the Stone. I'm strangely thirsty for a mudslide now
              sigpic

Comment

It has been quiet today and this...this made me smile. BTW I saw your jibjab, don't know how I missed it. Nice job, much better cropping than mine and loved Koyla's head. Priceless.
                I am glad to be at your service and thank you it was the funniest kolya face i could find!
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

And before I retire on this fair eve...I humbly offer the second chapter of The Hot Button. Hopefully Torri012 and Erin87 will still enjoy the product of their prompts...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Apparently every US-GW'er cause it's been very quiet all day.

I'm watching Farscape.
                    I've got the game on, but it's not holding my interest. I'm much more involved if it's my home team (Patriots) or my favorite team (Raiders) playing. Guess that doesn't make me a very good fan.

Speaking of Farscape.... (Farscape inspired RANTING ahead) Farscape's season 4, while certainly not perfect, was altogether pretty darn good. Yet it didn't get picked up for a 5th season. Now SGA, on the other hand, had a craptastic season 4, and DID get a 5th season.

Also, Farscape saw the smoking hot chemistry between its leads, and took full advantage of it. If only all shows were that smart.

I would have liked to have seen the eppisode where Shep explained the half-time festivities to Ronon and Teyla.
                    Spoiler:
                    "Those are the Black Eyed Peas." Shep
                    "Peas?" Teyla arches her eye.
                    "Your people dress funny." Ronon.
                    "Well...we only wear the glittery shoulder pads on very special occasions." Shep.
                    "John...If I may make a suggestion. If Atlantis ever decides to host a diplomatic event...it may be best to consider dance lessons from the Athosians. I'm not sure the people in this galaxy would understand your style of... dance." Teyla.

Elizabeth enters room. "I'll be your partner John, I love to dance."

All proceed to clean up beer and popcorn Shep knocks all other the floor.
                    Good one!

I always loved Teyla's and Ronon's "these Earth people are on crack" expressions.

Comment

And before I retire on this fair eve...I humbly offer the second chapter of The Hot Button. Hopefully Torri012 and Erin87 will still enjoy the product of their prompts...

Aaarrrggghhh! I loved that. More please. Patience is not one of my strong points.
                      sigpic

Comment

That was adorable! I always love it when they all gang up together like that (FORD! sorry, had to get that out) Looking forward to the next chapter.

Comment

Wow 16 guests! Come out and play we don't bite.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh you're talking about Super Bowl!
                            Be ready to hear me talking about football wednesday (Portugal/Argentina). If someone starts talking about soccer vs football, a war will start.lol

Hey maybe we can start (3 times I used this word lol) a new game. Ideas?
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you - that's all I needed to know.
                              You don't want to open the s/z can of worms Not to mention the re/er, our/or..........

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              Thanks it's one of those fluffy things you cant read without having a Sh*t eating grin after it!
                              I've never understood that expression - why would anyone grin after eating poo?

Whose watching the super bowl?
                              Apparently every US-GW'er cause it's been very quiet all day.
                              Not me. Although I did hear the odd update on the radio. However I did manage to find Eri13's Echoes recap, Return I and Return II

I'm watching Farscape.
                              I thought about watching that a while back, but the spoof they did of it on SG-1's 200 put me off

Looks like you hit a couple of hot buttons with the mention of the Legacy books. LOL Ditto on what everybody else said. Those books are not canon, are aimed at one tiny segment of fandom and from what I can gather are not doing so well. Reviews have been horrible from anyone not a member of the target group. I hope they keep their paws off Elizabeth because if Jo Graham writes her like she did in her fanfic under another name, it will be a disaster. The only remaining question I have is how this bilge ever got past the MGM approval department. And I'm not just talking about the radical ship change but everybody seems to be OOC. Some reviews have said it seems to be an AU.
                              Oh no. It makes me so sad that these books are not getting a good reception Actually it does, I'd like to see the franchise as a whole do well, even if I don't agree with some aspects of the novels

I wonder if he played? He seems like an ice hockey fan to me, not sure where that came from. He's a bloke, any sport will do in a pinch.

Oh, I thought it was because of that criticism he got a while back. ^ makes more sense

Not as good as the first one, but sequels seldom are.
                              Last edited by gateraid; 07 February 2011, 02:23 AM. Reason: Recaps
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

I wonder if he played? He seems like an ice hockey fan to me, not sure where that came from. He's a bloke, any sport will do in a pinch.
                                *reaches back into Joe handbook* He was a competitive downhill skier in college and I think I heard he played tennis. I'm not sure if that was high school or college. He tells a funny story about playing basketball in high school until an embarassing throw into the wrong net. Ouch. He's too small to have played football and soccer wasn't very popular in those days above middle school.

I think you got the ice hockey idea from reports that he and Michael Shanks were trading hockey taunts at a con. Joe also said his boys are LA Lakers fans but he's not so much into it. And I think the Irish hurling game he went to with Jason last year proves that any sport will do. Oh, and he also loves Nascar.

Not as good as the first one, but sequels seldom are.
                                Romancing the Stone is the first one. I think the second is called Jewel of the Nile and did indeed stink.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X