Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    Patience has never been one of my virtues but i do apologize.
    Patience is a virtue. Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver and so on and so forth.

Comment

Hey, I've still got to post today's meme entry!

Day the Fifth: Your favorite pics of your ships

Spoiler:
      Pretend all you want, Major, but I know what you were going to say...

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth:

Right where they belong:

Just remember, John agreed to do it without Thalan's help.

Why, John Sheppard! Are you defending my honor?

Damn right, I am.

We all know that secretly, John was just practicing for their wedding night.

Whadda ya think, Elizabeth, is that a good trysting spot?

Yeah, I went straight to the gutter. Of course, none of you lot mind at all.

Anyway, nighty-night, Sparkies! I'll see you all sometime tomorrow night!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        BTW, found this someplace a little while ago, but it might bode well ... spoilered:

Comment from Jo Graham’s LJ about the Legacy book series, in response to a question if Elizabeth would be making a reappearance similar to Trip Tucker after the end of “Enterprise” -- and Jo’s SQUEEEE reply:

Spoiler:
        I really liked Elizabeth, and I hated the way her story ended. Which of course was one of our constraints in writing Legacy -- TPTB have said that "her story is over," so there are limitations on what we can do.

That said, from the second book on there are -- how should I put this? -- increasing hints of Elizabeth's presence. I can't be too spoilery, and the later books have not yet been through the approval process at MGM so I can't be sure what will or won't change, but Elizabeth has definitely not been forgotten. And she is, shall we say, still taking an active hand in events....

Of course, given that MGM went bankrupt and the movie got shelved, I wonder if the same is true for the book ...

Oh well. We've got SGARising, and that beats all!!!
        *snorts* I've seen some of Graham's previous "hints" and frankly, I'm NOT impressed.
        Spoiler:
        It sounds like what she and her fellow authors are going to do is another 'dangle the character in front of the audience like a carrot and then take her away again' just like TPTW did with Weir throughout Seasons 4 and 5. Torri didn't want that, and that's why she said no to doing "Ghost in the Machine."

The fact that the authors are trying to go through with this insult to our intelligence, as well as other excerpts that portray Sheppard as being utterly indifferent to what happened to Weir (when Joe Flanigan's performance clearly showed that Sheppard was bloody devastated by Weir's loss) shows that they have no respect for Weir, no respect for Sheppard, no respect for the relationship they shared, and no respect for the actors and the fans who clearly know the characters better than these authors do.

My advice? Stay away from Legacy.
        Last edited by Scary Kitty; 05 February 2011, 10:24 PM.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Yeah, that part about anything being possible is quite a temptation, isn't it? I have to send out a great big pat on the back to all the SGARising staff and anyone involved with the planning for the project. We were tempted, oh so tempted to change canon, get rid of a certain ship that most of us hate, rush to reunite Sparky, bring back all the dead and correct all the perceived mistakes by TPTB. But we acted like grownups and went to work with things as they stood at the end of EatG.
          I for one appreciate that you are trying to stick to canon as much as possible. In my mind, that's what'll make the difference between 'episodes' that are written as such, and episodes that are written as fanfic. Fanfic generally takes only one aspect of the show and focuses on it, rather than the show as a whole. If that makes any sense.

I think Ellis may have been a bit of an attempt to do what they originally intended to do with Caldwell and create more antagonism between Weir and the military. Since, admittedly, TPTB had to give up on the plan to have a lot of contention between Weir and Sheppard, they may have felt Ellis could take up the slack. I think it would have worked given more time. Look at the nice Sparky moments it gave us in FS. If things had turned out differently, just think about how they would have had to revisit their disagreement and work things out. That would have given us some great Sparky moments.
          I sound like a broken record, but I really do thing they messed things up with Ellis. It should have been Carter (sans the you should be in charge scene) in command of the Apollo, then taking command of Atlantis in Shep's absence during Lifeline. Shock horror, there may have actually been some tension with her during her initial command.

The points you brought up the other day about Hot Zone and Common Ground (about who was in command at each particular point) seem relevant. They never really defined that properly. Perhaps an ep where he overrode a decision (other than Irresitible) mightn't have been a bad idea - or perhaps if they'd had an arguement about something behind closed doors, but then publicly she'd followed his recommendation/implied order.

I liked FS, but the ending was a bust for me (for a number of reasons, not because Weir ate glass). That unintentional fool Gero did manage to make the episode about the John & Elizabeth, the Elizabeth & Rodney and the military & civilian relationship - just like Rising.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          I like everything except unrealistic fics (zombie, vampire....) and I don't want AU.
          Give me what you want. Thank you.

Edit:
          I was looking the old pages of this thread. Some interesting thing.

First one:
          "Q: Is there anything that John didn't get to do, in your eyes?
          JF: I wish that I'd had a leading female romantic interest who was, like, my boss. I was thinking we could get some of that Moonlighting quality into the show, where it's not gratuitous nonsense and romantic excess, it's just under the surface, hidden, and consequently incredibly frustrating. You have a job to do, and you have to push your feelings aside. That makes for some of the best movies and television around.
          July 2009"

We were so happy.lol
          IIRC, I posted something along the lines of this at the time:

So you're Sheppard's boss?

Correct

Huh. Is there any UST between you two?

It depends on whom you ask

and the idea of SGA Rising started just with a joke between SR and me.lol
          January, 17th 2009

I didn't remember the fact we had a list of our jobs for the show. Guys, we are crazy.lol
          Yep, it sure sounded crazy, but it just might work

Wrote a couple of pages on the new chapters but not ready quite yet. I always have this problem that, when I know I'm getting towards the climax/end of the story, I start getting overwhelmed. This is why I have trouble completing longer stories.

On the other hand, went back through some stuff I wrote for Enterprise, mainly Trip/T'Pol, and there is one story that is 60 pages long! I might hafta post it on FFdotnet ... when I post my other updates ... Heh. Another ship that I haven't quite moved on from!

BTW, found this someplace a little while ago, but it might bode well ... spoilered:

Comment from Jo Graham’s LJ about the Legacy book series, in response to a question if Elizabeth would be making a reappearance similar to Trip Tucker after the end of “Enterprise” -- and Jo’s SQUEEEE reply:

Spoiler:
          I really liked Elizabeth, and I hated the way her story ended. Which of course was one of our constraints in writing Legacy -- TPTB have said that "her story is over," so there are limitations on what we can do.

That said, from the second book on there are -- how should I put this? -- increasing hints of Elizabeth's presence. I can't be too spoilery, and the later books have not yet been through the approval process at MGM so I can't be sure what will or won't change, but Elizabeth has definitely not been forgotten. And she is, shall we say, still taking an active hand in events....

Of course, given that MGM went bankrupt and the movie got shelved, I wonder if the same is true for the book ...

I remember discussing this a while back.

Spoiler:
          It sounds like she will be some sort of ghostly presence. I'm not sure if she will be real or imagined

And I suppose....

And then I...

(interrupts) Look, as much as I'd love to stand around listening to what I'm sure will be another of your oh so fascinating tales, I'm quite busy. Why don't you tell someone who cares?

There's no reason to be rude, Rodney

Exactly. You hurt my feelings

*sigh* You moron. I meant tell her

Oh. Well that's different then

*smirks
          sigpic

Comment

Hey you all, I'm here! If anyone can cheer me up, it's you guys. *hugs you all* What have you all been up to lately?
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Wrote a couple of pages on the new chapters but not ready quite yet. I always have this problem that, when I know I'm getting towards the climax/end of the story, I start getting overwhelmed. This is why I have trouble completing longer stories.

On the other hand, went back through some stuff I wrote for Enterprise, mainly Trip/T'Pol, and there is one story that is 60 pages long! I might hafta post it on FFdotnet ... when I post my other updates ... Heh. Another ship that I haven't quite moved on from!

Spoiler:

Lol, I hope so? JG can take her book and ... I better not be rude here. But I assume you guys already know my opinion on that, ahem, book. (I'd place it right next to Twilight series).
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

i have a question for Joe F if anybody is going to Vancouver for that con.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Hey you all, I'm here! If anyone can cheer me up, it's you guys. *hugs you all* What have you all been up to lately?
                  *hugs back*

Well, I gather the meme has been restarted. The Sparky Revival seems to be in full swing - there sure are a lot more pages since I was last here

Lol, I hope so? JG can take her book and ... I better not be rude here. But I assume you guys already know my opinion on that, ahem, book. (I'd place it right next to Twilight series).
                  Twilight has a fanbase of millions, Legacy's fanbase will be....less.
                  sigpic

Comment

JT: Thanks for the link

It's funny that Jo Graham (and I'm sure there are other authors) wants to stay close to the canon story when we talk about Elizabeth or other things but
                    Spoiler:
                    she's ready to put 2 characters together just for her pleasure even if one of them has a child and a boyfriend......you all know what i'm saying.lol
                    . But she can do what she wants. I don't have a problem with this.

Happy Birthday Krisrussel!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I've been doing... nothing much actually... attempting to write a companion piece to that christmas-fic I posted here over a month ago.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:

Looks like you hit a couple of hot buttons with the mention of the Legacy books. LOL Ditto on what everybody else said. Those books are not canon, are aimed at one tiny segment of fandom and from what I can gather are not doing so well. Reviews have been horrible from anyone not a member of the target group. I hope they keep their paws off Elizabeth because if Jo Graham writes her like she did in her fanfic under another name, it will be a disaster. The only remaining question I have is how this bilge ever got past the MGM approval department. And I'm not just talking about the radical ship change but everybody seems to be OOC. Some reviews have said it seems to be an AU.

But if writing shippy fanfic is more important to them than selling books, I guess the authors will be happy.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        I for one appreciate that you are trying to stick to canon as much as possible. In my mind, that's what'll make the difference between 'episodes' that are written as such, and episodes that are written as fanfic. Fanfic generally takes only one aspect of the show and focuses on it, rather than the show as a whole. If that makes any sense.
                        Makes perfect sense. Reminds me of certain books.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          It's very cute, isn't it? Pen-gu-ins. I love that author.

Don't get fruit punch flavored vodka. Recent personal experience tells me it's nasty!! I was watching an episode of Farscape when the main character (same actor as Cameron Mitchell on SG1) has on Stargate!Ren type clothes and is sword fighting. So I'm watching Farscape but I keep thinking it's Cameron from Stargate!Ren, not "John" from Farscape. My brain got all confused.

Now I want flavored vodka- I adore Crichton in all forms but escpecially crazy Crichton! Pizza and Margherita shooters?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Hey, I've still got to post today's meme entry!

Day the Fifth: Your favorite pics of your ships

Spoiler:
                          Pretend all you want, Major, but I know what you were going to say...

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth:

Right where they belong:

Just remember, John agreed to do it without Thalan's help.

Why, John Sheppard! Are you defending my honor?

Damn right, I am.

We all know that secretly, John was just practicing for their wedding night.

Whadda ya think, Elizabeth, is that a good trysting spot?

Yeah, I went straight to the gutter. Of course, none of you lot mind at all.

Anyway, nighty-night, Sparkies! I'll see you all sometime tomorrow night!
                          That's a lovely wake up call! The gutter is highly under-rated

Glad to see you!

HAPPY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY: May I present a little picfic

Spoiler:
                          "John- I've been waiting for you, but it's getting kind of late. Guess I'll have to reschedule our post superbowl celebration."

"Err...what?" Oh Crap.

McKay: "Eww. Problem solved, I don't want the popcorn anymore.Stupid personal shield generator, it definately does not shield my ears!"

Happy Birthday Krisrussell!
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Looks like you hit a couple of hot buttons with the mention of the Legacy books. LOL Ditto on what everybody else said. Those books are not canon, are aimed at one tiny segment of fandom and from what I can gather are not doing so well. Reviews have been horrible from anyone not a member of the target group. I hope they keep their paws off Elizabeth because if Jo Graham writes her like she did in her fanfic under another name, it will be a disaster. The only remaining question I have is how this bilge ever got past the MGM approval department. And I'm not just talking about the radical ship change but everybody seems to be OOC. Some reviews have said it seems to be an AU.

But if writing shippy fanfic is more important to them than selling books, I guess the authors will be happy.

Makes perfect sense. Reminds me of certain books.
                            Hmm. Can you let me know what that fanfic screenname is? It's like a car wreck, you know you shouldn't look but you almost have too.
                            Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 06 February 2011, 07:20 AM. Reason: typo
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Heres a post from a thread my friend and I working on in a Crossover RP site. I play John she plays Elizabeth and this littlle number is slightly inspired by one of your fics =D under the spoiler cause it could be questionable in content it's PG-13 but we wanna be safe here:

Spoiler:
                              John litterally felt his stomach do strange flips when she kissed him. Though they kissed many times before every kiss felt they kissed for the first time. But maybe that was what love truly was in the first place, it would always be exciting never boring.

Then she mentioned she was scared when.....Kolya had his way with him ever so recently. His smile slightly faded. Not too much that it could be noticable. Images of what happened flashed quickly in his mind. But he found himself snuggling closer to her. And just as it did many times before they faded.

But he remembered something else. He wasn't the only one Kolya victimized that day. He victimized Elizabeth too. He took her hand that was clasped into his and took it under his black t-shirt shivering at the sensation of her fingertips on his bare skin.

"There's no reason to be scared anymore," He said his bright smile returning to his face, "I am alive, let me prove it to you."

Her fingers brushed over his newly formed scar causing him to moan in pleasure, before resting it on his rapidly beating heart.

"See," He said with his breathing becoming deeper and slower, "I'm still here, and I wont be going anywhere for a while."
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

OT-question concerning the English language:

Is it correct if I write the word warrior with one R in the middle?
                                Like this -> warior.

My search tells me that the single R is incorrect, except for the name of a metal trash band in the 80ties called Fantom Warior and a motorcycle from Yamaha.

Help from native speakers is required here. Thank you.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X