No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm working on a s6 wallpaper and I was wondering, who's more important now? Keller or Carson?

Sig by me

Comment

Is it a crime if we use a name which has already been used in SG1?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Didn't we justs ay we want the name to sound bit different and alien? !
        SR said the Genii names sound Celtic, so we went into that direction for a bit.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

One part of my middle name ends with an A...

See, lots of A's in real life too... It's an A-world, coming to AAAAA you!!!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In my country most female names end with "a". To me it's only natural. My own RL name ends with "a". I don't see how it kills the name in any way.
            I have nothing with names end with "a". It's just that we see it too much in SGA. And I didn't say the "a" kills the name. It was just an french expresion that I can't translate in english. Next time I will say nothing.
            But like I said. Pick the name you want.
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

In my country most female names end with "a". To me it's only natural. My own RL name ends with "a". I don't see how it kills the name in any way.
              My real name ends with an "a" also and it's Gaelic. I think the complaint was that so many names on the show already end in "a".

How about Erienne, Brienne, Kylin, or Alayne?

Or we could just let the first writer who writes about her come up with a name.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I have a completely A-free name. Unless I take my bfs last name, in which case I will have one A. (And 3 double Ns, so I'm seriously considering not to do so *g*)

Off to bed with me, big experiment coming up tomorrow! Night everyone!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Agree and I take Tanith back: I'd like to use it in my fic, after all

Comment

How about:
                    Karyn, Janine, Pashi, Kilte, Heni, Gaye,...
                    Could go on for a while

Sig by me

Comment

I also don't think she should be related to Kolya. Neither do I think she should be Dahlia. It just seems too unlikely. I want someone new and fresh and a very strong smart character who impresses John. She has to be like Elizabeth, but he doesn't realize it. We've seen before starting with Chaya that John's judgement when it comes to beautiful women is typically male. But this time maybe we could have him be more impressed with her than she is with him. Sort of like what that blonde dimwit in Inferno could have been had she truly been smart enough to be a scientist. He has to work at winning her over and that's new for him.
                      Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      I like that--her not being swayed by him. That's good. Y'know, I always thought Larrin could have been that had they not gone 180 and made her dominatrix. But she was nicely strong. This girl should be strong, but amicable, I think--nice to meet. Just not impressed with the handsomeness. But not completely avoiding it, because I hate those storylines, too. Maybe she thinks he's cute but she doesn't have time to be bothered with his handsomeness. She has a job to do. Then, when the dust has settled and the flirting goes nowhere, its his heroism that turns her head--we can see that in Eppies 3, which is what gets them together.
                      I love this, all of it. Smart, no-nonsense, but certainly friendly if she thinks that there's something worth her while.

Just so she's not in black leather, I'm good. Or scantily clad. Let's make her classy and ladylike please.
                      *snerks* But what to put her in, I wonder? Hmmm.... *wanders off to look at costume books*

Yep, her appearances would go as follows:

- Episode 2 (Return to Pegasus, Part II): On the ship from Pegasus that is sent to recall Atlantis; acts as representative diplomat for the Genii in the Pegasus Coalition. She is the one who convinces the IOA to let Atlantis return (after our guys do, of course)

- Episode 3 (The Resolution of Todd): This follows up what happened to the Wraith at the end of the battle in Episode 2. Our girl is a major voice in what should be done with the Wraith/Todd. John does something heroic or sensible that impresses her more than his good looks. They share a moment at the end that implies mutual interest.

- Episodes 4-5: Somewhere, it is hinted that John has gone to the Genii homeworld more than once. Someone teases him about 'diplomatic relations'. We need to keep the Genii and PC presence heightened in these episodes anyway for future plots, so lip service given them will work great. [SHE'S NOT IN ACTUAL EPISODE]

- Episode 6: Perhaps we get a scene at the end with Team Shep returning from the Irati homeworld, and John's girl is sharing a meeting with Woolsey about relations with the Pegasus Coalition and the Genii. The ending scene is John informing her of the plans for the Irati retrovirus (not revealing too much, but enough) and...to the shock of the audience everywhere, they...
                      Spoiler:
                      kiss.

- Episode 7: Gives us Teyla's POV of the situation, which shows some potential jealousy (via her Sheyla AU) and also hints at this being something that she's more than a Kirkette, she's a girlfriend. At the end of her episode, though, she's made peace with it?? [NOT IN ACTUAL EPISODE]

- Episode 8: Perhaps we include her in the final scene, worried about John? Might be nice to have her come over simply because he was in trouble. Find some way to involve the Genii. But acting a little shady in Atlantis. But none of this is crucial, so if it's too much GF stopping by in episodes, we can leave her out.

- Episode 9: We'll alter the content of this episode a little to have Atlantis discover by the end the virus has been stolen, and John realizing that she's the only one who could have done it. This is where diplomatic relations with the PC end. He confronts her about it and she apologizes but says that it was the only way. Atlantis breaks off ties with the Coalition and John is bitter and upset. Add to that the discovery that the razed planets have neutronium and the revelation that Elizabeth's doppelganger Franibeth appears to have been destroyed (and the hits just keep on comin'...)

- Episode 10-11 (Primum Movens): [NOT IN ACTUAL EPISODE] We hear lip service from various people about the split with the PC and what the Genii girl has done. Some are sympathetic, some ask how she could have done this, blah, blah. John is angry, and the discovery of Elizabeth is tied into that. Perfect lead into why Elizabeth herself is anxious and uncertain and feels unloved, which brings us to Quietus.

- Episode 12: [NOT IN ACTUAL EPISODE] in Quietus, perhaps John realizes what he's doing to Elizabeth by acting out towards her inadvertently. He realizes who it is he can trust. We can mirror Elizabeth to John's girlfriend in a way, too, which might be fun.

**note that in Primum Movens and Quietus, the undercurrent story of John's girlfriend is secondary to the plot. It's only a small consideration among much bigger issues--Atlantis family always comes first, and John's whole world is not his GF.

- Episodes 13-15: [NOT IN ACTUAL EPISODE] John returns to status quo with his friends and family now restored to him. Good humor starts to abound.

- Episode 16: Blitzkrieg brings it all to a head. We get lots of discomfort as all parties are thrown together, the Irati retrovirus is being converted into a weapon, and Elizabeth takes point as a diplomat, trying to reestablish ties with the PC but not bend to their wishes. We can discuss later all the triangle stuff that we'll add, but generally speaking, the girl will realize she's lost him and John will be over her enough. Elizabeth is a major factor in both revelations. The Girl's status will be 'available if needed for future seasons'.

- Episode 17: But we will discuss what has been done to emotionally in the Gravity episode. He's ok with himself and that relationship, though, afterwards.

Make sense?
                      Sounds just fine to me! I think I'd leave her out of Ep. 8, so it doesn't feel like her appearance was tacked on, and
                      Spoiler:
                      that kiss in Ep. 6? Are we talking mouth-to-mouth, or just a peck on John's cheek?

Perfect sense. And we would also need to work in his team's reaction other than Teyla. This might be a chance for her to stop and think about John's reaction to her pregnancy and give her a better understanding of why he acted like he did. We can't gloss over or shove anything under the table here. I want, by the time, John realizes that Elizabeth is more than a friend that all his past feelings for other women have been resolved and everybody is on the same page. (Except maybe the new GF) Rodney might start out teasing him but then gentle it a bit when he realizes she's not just another alien princess. Ronon would take it all in stride and wish him the best. I'm wondering if, though, he would not be the first to suspect her.
                      Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                      What about Holly Dignard?
                      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0226597/
                      She's not a natural red, but she looks good with red hair: http://www.vfs.com/blog/wp-content/u...ly-dignard.jpg
                      She was the one who played old-Weir in Before I Sleep
                      http://www.hollydignard.com/hd.html
                      Poetic Justice!
                      Hmm... she might work.

As for names, the Genii struck me as being more Germanic than Celtic. Heck, even the 'feast' with Cowen in Underground looked like schnitzel with braised red cabbage, LOL!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Both my first and middle names end in A.

My real name ends with an "a" also and it's Gaelic. I think the complaint was that so many names on the show already end in "a".

How about Erienne, Brienne, Kylin, or Alayne?

I think that would be me (and Kitty?) I don't remember if we paired up to write the first and last eppies of the season or just the last eppy.

How about

Eilis (variation of Elizabeth! *sneaky sneaky*)
                        Ciel: Heaven
                        Mirai: Miracle
                        Miren: One who is loved
                        Arine: Light
                        Lirain: Flexible

Think about how John would say it--that's an important factor. It should sound good when John says it.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Thanks to everybody who liked (and snurched) the World Sparky Summer banner!

Wow. This Shep having a girlfriend idea might be very interesting. Excellent thoughts, Eri (and everybody else)!

She's a redhead. A diplomatic representative (costume, we need to come up with a nicer Genii costume for women than we've seen).
                          Would we still be thinking some variation on the whole military theme (just better and more feminine)? Or are we wanting something completely new here?

Um, names... (I'm making most of these up off the top of my head I'm pretty sure, so if they're too strange forgive me, lol): Liana, Kerlyn, Daelin, Coirra, Malri ... *attempting to stay away from a's at the end and failing*

That's all I've got at the moment.
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I love this, all of it. Smart, no-nonsense, but certainly friendly if she thinks that there's something worth her while.

*snerks* But what to put her in, I wonder? Hmmm.... *wanders off to look at costume books*

Sounds just fine to me! I think I'd leave her out of Ep. 8, so it doesn't feel like her appearance was tacked on, and
                            Spoiler:
                            that kiss in Ep. 6? Are we talking mouth-to-mouth, or just a peck on John's cheek?

Hmm... she might work.

As for names, the Genii struck me as being more Germanic than Celtic. Heck, even the 'feast' with Cowen in Underground looked like schnitzel with braised red cabbage, LOL!
                            No, no, an honest to goodness kiss-kiss. If he's been going off-world to visit her through episodes 4-5, they'll be to the point where we can show a kiss in Eppy 6. This is a 'girlfriend' girlfriend, so it needs to move pretty quickly. Peck on the cheek implies they've only been flirting and I don't know if that's strong enough to warrant his feeling seriously betrayed. I think it needs to be hovering around 'almost serious' by the time she betrays him.

Plus, it'll shock the heck out of everyone.

Comment

Plus, it'll shock the heck out of everyone.
                              I'm ALREADY shocked. Don't twist the knife in the wound

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                                I'm ALREADY shocked. Don't twist the knife in the wound
                                Hey, this is Joe's request. We're honoring the wishes of one of our senior staff and it's not permanent. It's 'intelligent evolution'.

Comment

Working...
                                X