X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Not nearly enough, though.

Hee! *joins in petting John*
    he's a human being not a love sick puppy dog oh wait maybe he is one. ha ha.

Comment

Elizabeth fainted! John's carrying her into the infirmary! SQUEE!
      Yay!! *bounces*

Not nearly enough, though.
      Very true... not a mistake we'll be making.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        he's a human being not a not a dog.
        Excuse much. We're allowed to comfort him when he's sad.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Yay!! *bounces*
          *cackles* Gee, does this mean we need to start a Weir whump thread? Or is there already one?

Very true... not a mistake we'll be making.
          Indeed. We actually know how to write for her.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My fellow sparkies, I'm off to bed... my own bed
            But maybe that'll mean I'll finally get some decent shut-eye
            I think I'll be dreaming of Joe and Sparky tonight

*Hugs thread*

Sig by me

Comment

My fellow sparkies, I'm off to bed... my own bed
              But maybe that'll mean I'll finally get some decent shut-eye
              I think I'll be dreaming of Joe and Sparky tonight

*Hugs thread*
              *hugs Kris* Nighty-night and pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

im sorry if i offended you SK.

Comment

I'm so glad you guys had such an awesome time meeting everyone!! It was indeed made of squee. *hugs everybody*

And those were AWESOME prompt ficlets SR and Eri!!

No kidding it's hard to sleep, LOL! I'm sitting here in my PJs watching Sunrise Earth (today they're at a garden in Japan), which should normally be quite calming, but I'm still bouncing!

And I second the motion to extend World Sparky Weekend to World Sparky Summer! That sounds like a great idea!
                  Ooo, I like that idea!

Originally posted by Ankareeda View Post
                  YAY, GW is back up and running smoothly...

Here is promised picture of the autograph (click on the pic to see it bigger):

http://pics.livejournal.com/ankareeda/pic/001apeat/s320x240

Hey! *waves back* Thank you. Yeah, that would be awesome.

*lol* Yes and the way he said it was priceless. I hope it will be on the Con DVD, so we can watch it again and again. *lol*

I'm floating with you on the squee high. *high fives back*
                  Beautiful artwork!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I think we have a new theme. Now we just need a banner. *hints*
                  *puts hint on list for spare time*
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

*snickers some more*

Hmm, I'm getting it too. Error message:

"Gateworld is out of phase...

If you see this page, it means your DNS has either updated too quickly, or we are still moving servers.

Please check back soon!"

So they're finally getting some new hardware, are they? 'Bout time.
                    Yay. Mr. SR has been saying that's what they need for a long time.

This has been an incredible weekend and it looks like it's going to continue into the new week. Happy Sparky World Summer everybody. Or is that World Sparky Summer? I get confused easily.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Here's a banner for our new event! I'll probably make some more at some point if anybody's interested.

sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Yay. Mr. SR has been saying that's what they need for a long time.

This has been an incredible weekend and it looks like it's going to continue into the new week. Happy Sparky World Summer everybody. Or is that World Sparky Summer? I get confused easily.
                        Hee! World Sparky Summer. FTW.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Here's a banner for our new event! I'll probably make some more at some point if anybody's interested.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...mmerbanner.jpg
                        Whoo hoo! That is a great banner!

And yes, we can never have too many banners, so please feel free to make more if the mood strikes you!

Comment

Oh, that is made of pure squee-ey awesomeness. I'm snurching! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Here's a little ficlet contribution to World Sparky Summer!.

Be kind, lol. I wrote it fast and only proofed it once. Usually, that's a deadly combination. Oh well, I got this little image in my head and wanted to share. I hope you all enjoy....

Spoiler:

"Dive Right In"

John, his hand shielding his eyes, stared up at the latest engineering feat of McKay and his crew. The sun was hot overhead and hardly any wind stirred on the western pier. The water surrounding the metal pier was calm and smooth. Despite the fact that he was only wearing a pair of swim shorts, he was starting to sweat already. What he wouldn’t give for an ice cold beer right at this exact moment.

Someone had rigged up a sound system outside and “Working for the Weekend” was blaring through the speakers. The crowd on the pier had steadily grown in number, once word got out of the newest addition to the recreational options in the city. John still couldn’t believe Elizabeth had okayed all this, but he was very glad she had.

“Okay people, whose going to be the first one to give it a go?” Rodney rubbed his hands together gleefully, looking up at his creation with the usual proud and loving gaze he gave all of his projects.

Most of the crowd was still looking the contraption over, not quite ready to test the thing out. John could see Ronon and Teyla watching the entire scene and trying to figure out just what all the excitement was about.

John felt a tingle run up his spine at the same time he heard the crowd start to mutter. He turned around to glance back at the doors to the pier which had just whooshed open.

Elizabeth strode through the doors, clad in black bikini boy shorts and a teal green halter bikini top. Her long hair was pulled up into a high ponytail. To say she had grabbed the attention of the entire crowd was an understatement.

“So, Rodney, why isn’t anyone test driving your latest project? I figured I’d have to wait in line. Sorry I’m late, had a quick conference call with the IOA that ran over, as usual.”

Rodney, looking perplexed, replied, “I don’t know, Elizabeth. I figured at least Sheppard would have thrown himself off of it by now at least.”

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow and grinned at John. “What’s the matter, Colonel? Chicken?”

John’s brain scrambled, trying to assert itself over the hormonal response his body was having at seeing Elizabeth in very little clothing and standing thisclose to him. “Um, no, I just hadn’t made it over there yet.”

Elizabeth chuckled and said, “Well, John, I think the relevant saying at this point would be – ‘you snooze, you lose’.” And with those parting words she jogged over to the ladder and began to climb.

John’s brain shut down again at the sight of Elizabeth’s lithe form jogging across the pier. He, and the rest of the crowd followed her, lining up along the pier to watch.

Elizabeth reached the top and walked out on the springy board. At the slightly higher elevation, a breeze fluttered through her ponytail. She took a deep breath, bounced a couple of times to gain height and jumped.

Nearly 40 people stared, open-mouthed, as Elizabeth Weir, their leader, executed a perfect one and a half somersault pike into the water.

As Elizabeth came up for air, she heard the crowd cheering. She gracefully brushed her wet hair out of her eyes and swam over to the pier, where she found a hand reaching down to help her up.

John pulled Elizabeth back on to the pier and steadied himself as she stumbled against him, trying to ignore the feel of her wet body sliding against his.

The rest of the crowd was oblivious to their exchange, having eagerly lined up to take their turn on the diving board, now having concrete proof of its sturdy construction.

“Well, Elizabeth, that was certainly surprising.” John resisted the urge to wipe away the water that was running in rivulets down Elizabeth’s body.

Elizabeth stole his towel from around his neck and started to dry off. “Why is that, John?”

“I had no idea you knew how to dive.”

Eyes twinkling, she threw his towel back at him and sauntered off to join the back of the line. Over her shoulder, she called back, “Oh I have lots of secrets, John.”

John’s brain was threatening to shut down again. Before he lost all ability of coherent speech, he managed to engage his feet and follow Elizabeth, asking as he went, “So is one of those many secrets the fact that you can also surf?”

sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                              Here's a little ficlet contribution to World Sparky Summer!.

Be kind, lol. I wrote it fast and only proofed it once. Usually, that's a deadly combination. Oh well, I got this little image in my head and wanted to share. I hope you all enjoy....

Spoiler:

"Dive Right In"

John, his hand shielding his eyes, stared up at the latest engineering feat of McKay and his crew. The sun was hot overhead and hardly any wind stirred on the western pier. The water surrounding the metal pier was calm and smooth. Despite the fact that he was only wearing a pair of swim shorts, he was starting to sweat already. What he wouldn’t give for an ice cold beer right at this exact moment.

Someone had rigged up a sound system outside and “Working for the Weekend” was blaring through the speakers. The crowd on the pier had steadily grown in number, once word got out of the newest addition to the recreational options in the city. John still couldn’t believe Elizabeth had okayed all this, but he was very glad she had.

“Okay people, whose going to be the first one to give it a go?” Rodney rubbed his hands together gleefully, looking up at his creation with the usual proud and loving gaze he gave all of his projects.

Most of the crowd was still looking the contraption over, not quite ready to test the thing out. John could see Ronon and Teyla watching the entire scene and trying to figure out just what all the excitement was about.

John felt a tingle run up his spine at the same time he heard the crowd start to mutter. He turned around to glance back at the doors to the pier which had just whooshed open.

Elizabeth strode through the doors, clad in black bikini boy shorts and a teal green halter bikini top. Her long hair was pulled up into a high ponytail. To say she had grabbed the attention of the entire crowd was an understatement.

“So, Rodney, why isn’t anyone test driving your latest project? I figured I’d have to wait in line. Sorry I’m late, had a quick conference call with the IOA that ran over, as usual.”

Rodney, looking perplexed, replied, “I don’t know, Elizabeth. I figured at least Sheppard would have thrown himself off of it by now at least.”

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow and grinned at John. “What’s the matter, Colonel? Chicken?”

John’s brain scrambled, trying to assert itself over the hormonal response his body was having at seeing Elizabeth in very little clothing and standing thisclose to him. “Um, no, I just hadn’t made it over there yet.”

Elizabeth chuckled and said, “Well, John, I think the relevant saying at this point would be – ‘you snooze, you lose’.” And with those parting words she jogged over to the ladder and began to climb.

John’s brain shut down again at the sight of Elizabeth’s lithe form jogging across the pier. He, and the rest of the crowd followed her, lining up along the pier to watch.

Elizabeth reached the top and walked out on the springy board. At the slightly higher elevation, a breeze fluttered through her ponytail. She took a deep breath, bounced a couple of times to gain height and jumped.

Nearly 40 people stared, open-mouthed, as Elizabeth Weir, their leader, executed a perfect one and a half somersault pike into the water.

As Elizabeth came up for air, she heard the crowd cheering. She gracefully brushed her wet hair out of her eyes and swam over to the pier, where she found a hand reaching down to help her up.

John pulled Elizabeth back on to the pier and steadied himself as she stumbled against him, trying to ignore the feel of her wet body sliding against his.

The rest of the crowd was oblivious to their exchange, having eagerly lined up to take their turn on the diving board, now having concrete proof of its sturdy construction.

“Well, Elizabeth, that was certainly surprising.” John resisted the urge to wipe away the water that was running in rivulets down Elizabeth’s body.

Elizabeth stole his towel from around his neck and started to dry off. “Why is that, John?”

“I had no idea you knew how to dive.”

Eyes twinkling, she threw his towel back at him and sauntered off to join the back of the line. Over her shoulder, she called back, “Oh I have lots of secrets, John.”

John’s brain was threatening to shut down again. Before he lost all ability of coherent speech, he managed to engage his feet and follow Elizabeth, asking as he went, “So is one of those many secrets the fact that you can also surf?”

Heeheehee! Way to go, Elizabeth! To paraphrase Xena, she has many skills. Not merely springboard diving, but rendering even John's silver tongue utterly speechless. *snickers* Love it!

Comment

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...mmerbanner.jpg
                                Love the banner! Happy start of World Sparky Summer everybody.
                                Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Working...
                                X