Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAPPY FEET!!!

Not working in cubicles either... open space and lots of sharing.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Now I'm curious. Do a lot of people in France work in cubicles? Over here almost everyone does unless you have a lot of experience and have moved up in the company.
      According to my French book, they do. Because Camille Papin in Lection 2 works dans un bureau sans cloisons and complains that it is bruyant and that le directeur always checks up on them as he works in the same room.
      Although sans cloisons kind of implies that there aren't even cubicles...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
        According to my French book, they do. Because Camille Papin in Lection 2 works dans un bureau sans cloisons and complains that it is bruyant and that le directeur always checks up on them as he works in the same room.
        So I guess it's pretty much world wide. Cubicles here vary in size and height. If you're lucky, you get one that's a bit private. And not too near the boss. LOL
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

My "office" is basically a former closet that we share with 5 people *g* And before you get any ideas, it's not the Sparky kind of sharing
          But I guess I should be happy that I at least have a desk and don't have to write my PhD thesis on top of a centrifuge or something.

So what episode do I watch now *sigh*

Comment

So I guess it's pretty much world wide. Cubicles here vary in size and height. If you're lucky, you get one that's a bit private. And not too near the boss. LOL
            Negative on both fronts, Sparky. That's, unfortunately, exactly the opposite of my location. Which is why I have to hide my super sekrit visits here.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

An Emmy Eri!? That's so cool!
              I've never worked in a cubicle, and never want to...and I've only ever had my own desk once...('course, I used to work in daycare/taught preschool)....
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

My "office" is basically a former closet that we share with 5 people *g* And before you get any ideas, it's not the Sparky kind of sharing
                But I guess I should be happy that I at least have a desk and don't have to write my PhD thesis on top of a centrifuge or something.

So what episode do I watch now *sigh*
                Why not go way back and watch BIS? That should give you a good Sparky feeling.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                I've never worked in a cubicle, and never want to...and I've only ever had my own desk once...('course, I used to work in daycare/taught preschool)....
                Yeah, me too. I taught everything from grades 4-8 at one time or another. I always seemed to end up with the oldest desk in the building with at least one drawer that stuck. And when I taught middle school, the teachers moved from room to room. I had a rolling cart for a desk. LOL Boy am I glad those days are over.

Speaking of which, why did we never see John's office? It would have been fun to see if his desk was messy. His room always seemed pretty military neat. I'll bet since he obviously didn't spend much time there, his office was too.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, me too. I taught everything from grades 4-8 at one time or another. I always seemed to end up with the oldest desk in the building with at least one drawer that stuck. And when I taught middle school, the teachers moved from room to room. I had a rolling cart for a desk. LOL Boy am I glad those days are over.

Speaking of which, why did we never see John's office? It would have been fun to see if his desk was messy. His room always seemed pretty military neat. I'll bet since he obviously didn't spend much time there, his office was too.
                  I had a plastic storage cabinet to store all my stuff...

I bet his office would be super neat, with a nice tall stack of unfinished paperwork sitting on the corner of his desk (all the better for scattering, should the desk be used for...um...other things...)
                  My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                  sigpic

Comment

I watched Echoes.

"No, thank you!"

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                      Thanks! It was pretty cool because we weren't expecting to win.

I never would have thought John would have had an office--but I guess he would have had to, huh? I just thought he did all his paperwork in his room.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Wow.. Fionnait, we have the same avatar. When I saw the pic of Elizabeth, I was saying "I posted messages without notice them..." But it was you. I'm a little tired.lol

Yeah I know what you mean. He has a really cute expression on his face there. It was his face you were referring to?

Now I'm curious. Do a lot of people in France work in cubicles? Over here almost everyone does unless you have a lot of experience and have moved up in the company.
                        Of course, his face.....LOL
                        For the cubicles. It depends of your job. I worked in 3 companies.
                        First company: I had to share my office with 3 others persons (same desk so very complicated).
                        Second company: open space. Lot of noises and my desk was near my boss. He was nice so not a problem.
                        Third company: one office for me.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        I am a Marketing creative assistant at a small Sports Network. I design billboards, web ads, print ads, and many other creative things, come up with advertising campaigns for our network, write scripts for commercials, and sometimes write features/segments for our televisions shows.

I recently won an Emmy (an American award recognizing achievement in Television) for a 'feature' I did for a sports show.
                        Cool job! Congratulations for your Emmy! (even if I'm late)

Poor girl. It's not easy to work like this.

John and office in the same sentence made me laugh.lol He has an office, seriously?
                        I think like drew.

Edit: Just read the post of Eri. I think like her finally when she said "I never would have thought John would have had an office--but I guess he would have had to, huh? I just thought he did all his paperwork in his room".
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

And because I was bored, I did this. It's not drawings but an "experience". You can hate it. We learn to write like this in my family. Yes it's strange.lol
                          It's done in bad papers so don't pay attention.

First I tried with my name to see if I remember correctly how we do this.

Spoiler:

Second: my nickname
                          Spoiler:

Third: for this thread
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

WOW Probie - that looks awesome. Next I need some medieval-looking writing, I know where to go.

I watched Echoes.
                            KATE!! *bounces*
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*runs in*

IT'S DONE!!!! I've just submitted the final draft of my SGA Big Bang fic! 60,290 words! I still can't believe I wrote that much!

So, big, big thank yous to Anuna and Southern Red for beta reading this monstrosity for me, and I hope when the site goes up in November, you'll all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

*runs out, screaming in joy*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I watched Echoes.

"No, thank you!"
                                Good choice. My favorite after Vegas.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                *runs in*

IT'S DONE!!!! I've just submitted the final draft of my SGA Big Bang fic! 60,290 words! I still can't believe I wrote that much!

So, big, big thank yous to Anuna and Southern Red for beta reading this monstrosity for me, and I hope when the site goes up in November, you'll all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

*runs out, screaming in joy*
                                *pets SK* The easiest beta job I have ever done. Your near perfect grammar made my job easy. And wait until you guys read. *squee*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X