Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I haven't mentioned SGA rising because I'm waiting until it's all posted to read it.
    How do you do that?!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Oh, I admire your self control. I couldn't help but read the parts as soon as they came out.
    Same here!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    PM Act V is up. Go read and be angry that you have to wait for more. Shoo now.
    Spoiler:
    Oh my gosh, I am speechless, specially at the last part!!! So much has happened, and most of it I could easily see it being played in my head. It was great, full of tension, emotion and so much more!!! Really well done, oh my gosh!!!!

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    And that last scene I loved how it focused on the two of them, no one else existed in that moment. It was their goodbye.
    Spoiler:
    I am not sure if I will be able to look at this scene the same way, after reading PM part V!!!!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
    Spoiler:
    I just finished reading Chapter V. Oh, my gosh, this chapter... it was simply amazing. The plot is ingenious - Wraith assimilated with nanites (who would have thought of that?),
    Spoiler:
    Wraith with nanites! Yeah, that is something that has never crossed my mind!!!

Spoiler:
    Elizabeth's shock when seeing Carson,
    Spoiler:
    I loved the scene between Carson and Elizabeth. It brought tears to my eyes.

Spoiler:
    Franibeth's corruption
    Spoiler:
    Franibeth was really good at deceiving me. I was really confused about whether she was also the real Elizabeth or not before. How could I have doubts before?!

Spoiler:
    and cold confrontation with Elizabeth, a legit bombardment of the city... seriously, that was a huge plus. I've always wanted to see an episode of Atlantis being attacked without its shield, and this chapter really vividly illustrated the chaos that would ensue in a situation like this. I really loved the infirmary scenes with Elizabeth, Teyla, and Jennifer, my three favorite women of Atlantis, and I can't tell you how amazing it would be if Torri Higginson and Michelle Morgan both played Elizabeth in an episode like this. We would have the real Elizabeth, frightened yet determined to protect her people, and Franibeth, ever so sinister. This would such a huge twist, and I think a lot of people, both fans of Elizabeth and regular fans of the show, would love to see that.
    Spoiler:
    I for sure would have loved to see something like that on the show.
    Reading it was absolutely amazing!!! Most of it, I could easily see it being played in my head. It was great, full of tension, emotion and so much more!!! It was really well done!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    I just have one issue with that scene, though. John is clearly having his still beating heart ripped from his chest and all his friends leave him hanging. That bit always makes me angry.
    I know what you mean. It seems his friends were never there when he seemed to need them the most. Ok, John is not an easy person, and he would not open up to them, but at least they could have showed some kind of support. Stay by his side, or something similar, just being there with him and for him.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

S-minus 2 hours to Be All My Sins Remember'd!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        S-minus 2 hours to Be All My Sins Remember'd!
        I'm here and I think all caught up after being a day away. I'm glad PM has been such a success. We're working on Part II, so there will be a longer delay than there was between the acts of Part I. But definitely not as long as between episodes. Stay tuned.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I’m also here.

One hour to go.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I'm here and I think all caught up after being a day away. I'm glad PM has been such a success. We're working on Part II, so there will be a longer delay than there was between the acts of Part I. But definitely not as long as between episodes. Stay tuned.
            that brings me some comfort but at the same time i get this ominous feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              that brings me some comfort but at the same time i get this ominous feeling.
              No need. It's mostly written. We're just discussing the fine points of some of the science. Or at least they are. My head exploded already. Then we'll go to rewrite, grammar edit (That's where I come in.) and final rewrite. All of this we work around our real lives of course. I have to shop for a mother-of-the-groom dress this week.
              sigpic

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just reread my BAMSR review over on LJ for a refresher. Let's see if I can rein myself in with the snark.

And hey, SR, are you looking for a particular color or style of dress?

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes!

I just reread my BAMSR review over on LJ for a refresher. Let's see if I can rein myself in with the snark.
                    Awwww! But we need all the snark we can get!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Ooooh yes, that bit at the end PISSES ME OFF. What, you guys are his friends and you just leave him there?!? FAIL.

I know, right? It's not even the first time they did it. Yeah, go ahead and abandon the guy with the abandonment issues...
                      At least Ronon goes to Earth with him in Outcast.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hello everyone! I am here and ready for BAMSR.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

And hey, SR, are you looking for a particular color or style of dress?
                          Well, I had a long talk with Miss M yesterday, and today I'm suffering full info overload. We're at the point now of suddenly yelling out random thoughts and running for a post it note to write it down. Short answer is no particular color, though I'm limited because of my hair. And knee length, short sleeve summer go to church but not a fancy cocktail party dress. I'm going to start at Macy's and see what I find. I hope to find something I can wear again. With such a casual wedding, it's hard to go wrong unless you overdress.
                          sigpic

Comment

It feels a little strange being able to make a post-a-thon again. I hope I didn't leave my snark in my other shorts.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              It feels a little strange being able to make a post-a-thon again. I hope I didn't leave my snark in my other shorts.

Comment

S-minus 2 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                                X