No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ncc-72452, thank you for sharing the pics. That tongue is so adorable... but then again, they both look adorable in those pics

Sig by me

Comment

I think if my mother knew to use a computer, she would register here. lol Yesterday, I watched the episode "Common Ground" when my mother comes and tells me "this is the pair of lovers." I note that this is the second time she watches the show and usually she don't have real memory.lol
      She really liked this episode. She commented on the entire episode and ends by “They are cute. It is a lovely couple.” I have to say to her that it is not a "couple" (not officially lol). She was surprised.
      So I told her all the story (Weir died, according to the producers is John and Teyla who should be together ...). Now she wants to see the entire show because she doesn’t understand that Weir and Sheppard are not together (and because she thinks that the Wraith are funny.lol). She added "it's all in their eyes."
      Yes mom, It’s called “chemistry”.lol
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

JM Blog

Spoiler:
        Kathi writes: “1. Can you please explain the relationship between Teyla and John? Are they “Almost lovers”, or like brother and sister or is there only a team- relation?

Answers: 1. There is certainly a mutual attraction there but, alas, Teyla has settled down with Kanaan.

Joshua writes: “Hey Joe; I would really not like to take comments made in interviews out of context. What is your thoughts on this statement(Just as the sentence itself, not some pissing contest with well…the other joe.)
        “If Universe is successful, the prevailing theory among the writers and producers will be that actors are dispensible and not a critical part of the show(Joe Flanigan)””

Answer: Well, anyone who has frequented this blog for any amount of time knows that isn’t true. Over the past few months, I’ve expressed my excitement about the upcoming Stargate: Universe series and, more often than not, my comments have centered on our wonderful cast. From Robert Carlyle to our local supporting players, they are all very talented, professional, and genuinely kind individuals. As I told Michael Shanks and wife Lexa Doig the last time they dropped by the office: It’s an embarrassment of riches for us this year. And, speaking of actors from our former shows, feel free to search this blog for what I’ve had to say about actors like Michael Shanks, Lexa Doig, Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Robert Picardo, Jewel Staite, Rachel Luttrell, David Hewlett, Jason Momoa, and David Nykl – to name just a few – and it will be readily apparent that we have great respect for the contribution cast members past and present have made to the franchise. Of course, it’ll be up to you, the fans, to form your opinion on this new cast. But take it from someone who has been working with them since February – every one of them is not only great at what they do, but incredibly down to earth. Not an inflated ego or demanding grandstander in the bunch.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
          I found these a while ago...

This is after Joe kissed Torri at a convention. I couldn't help but notice that her tongue is out...

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=15774
          http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...ictureid=15775

I wonder what she was doing with it before...
          Great pics that show the Joe/Torri chemistry but I think her tongue is out because she's tickled by his teasing. I doubt he really kissed her and there would certainly have been no tongue involved. That was Joe and Torri, not John and Elizabeth. We're the ones who always know the difference in actors and their characters, remember.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Do I even want to know?

No, I don't.

Wise man indeed.
          No, you don't. But I liked his answer about the women's panties. I wonder if they were clean. Probably not.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          I think if my mother knew to use a computer, she would register here. lol Yesterday, I watched the episode "Common Ground" when my mother comes and tells me "this is the pair of lovers." I note that this is the second time she watches the show and usually she don't have real memory.lol
          She really liked this episode. She commented on the entire episode and ends by “They are cute. It is a lovely couple.” I have to say to her that it is not a "couple" (not officially lol). She was surprised.
          So I told her all the story (Weir died, according to the producers is John and Teyla who should be together ...). Now she wants to see the entire show because she doesn’t understand that Weir and Sheppard are not together (and because she thinks that the Wraith are funny.lol). She added "it's all in their eyes."
          Teach her to use the computer and tell her there's at least one other lady here her age. I'd love to talk to her.

JM Blog

Spoiler:
          Kathi writes: “1. Can you please explain the relationship between Teyla and John? Are they “Almost lovers”, or like brother and sister or is there only a team- relation?

Answers: 1. There is certainly a mutual attraction there but, alas, Teyla has settled down with Kanaan.

Joshua writes: “Hey Joe; I would really not like to take comments made in interviews out of context. What is your thoughts on this statement(Just as the sentence itself, not some pissing contest with well…the other joe.)
          “If Universe is successful, the prevailing theory among the writers and producers will be that actors are dispensible and not a critical part of the show(Joe Flanigan)””

Answer: Well, anyone who has frequented this blog for any amount of time knows that isn’t true. Over the past few months, I’ve expressed my excitement about the upcoming Stargate: Universe series and, more often than not, my comments have centered on our wonderful cast. From Robert Carlyle to our local supporting players, they are all very talented, professional, and genuinely kind individuals. As I told Michael Shanks and wife Lexa Doig the last time they dropped by the office: It’s an embarrassment of riches for us this year. And, speaking of actors from our former shows, feel free to search this blog for what I’ve had to say about actors like Michael Shanks, Lexa Doig, Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Robert Picardo, Jewel Staite, Rachel Luttrell, David Hewlett, Jason Momoa, and David Nykl – to name just a few – and it will be readily apparent that we have great respect for the contribution cast members past and present have made to the franchise. Of course, it’ll be up to you, the fans, to form your opinion on this new cast. But take it from someone who has been working with them since February – every one of them is not only great at what they do, but incredibly down to earth. Not an inflated ego or demanding grandstander in the bunch.
          JM's blog.
          Spoiler:
          I don't know how many times he's going to patiently answer that first question. Maybe until it makes sense. LOL

As for the second, I was hoping they wouldn't go running to tell him about what JF said. Notice his list of actors he likes and notice who is missing. It's also obvious in his last sentence who he's talking about. For some reason, he doesn't like JF who has never said anything directly negative about him. JF even said JM was a nice guy. But it's interesting that the fans always agree with JF and JM is the one vilified all across every forum I've ever been on. If you think GW is critical, you should see Television Without Pity. Whoa!

The fact is JF had a lot of ideas about his character and felt very protective of the other actors who considered him their "spokesman" of sorts. He intervened with TPTB for them and took whatever negative reaction they gave him to his ideas without involving the others. Now he's angry about the way everybody was treated. If they really want to get back at him, they can leave him out of the movie. But they're not that stupid.

Now I fully expect this will be modded, but it had to be said.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            JM's blog.
            Spoiler:
            I don't know how many times he's going to patiently answer that first question. Maybe until it makes sense. LOL

As for the second, I was hoping they wouldn't go running to tell him about what JF said. Notice his list of actors he likes and notice who is missing. It's also obvious in his last sentence who he's talking about. For some reason, he doesn't like JF who has never said anything directly negative about him. JF even said JM was a nice guy. But it's interesting that the fans always agree with JF and JM is the one vilified all across every forum I've ever been on. If you think GW is critical, you should see Television Without Pity. Whoa!

The fact is JF had a lot of ideas about his character and felt very protective of the other actors who considered him their "spokesman" of sorts. He intervened with TPTB for them and took whatever negative reaction they gave him to his ideas without involving the others. Now he's angry about the way everybody was treated. If they really want to get back at him, they can leave him out of the movie. But they're not that stupid.

I was thinking the same thing...
            Spoiler:
            look who isn't on his list of actors he has great respect for... wonder if the same will happen if Robert Carlyle ever speaks his mind about tptb/tptw...

And I fully understand when JF said in the interview that so much was left unexplored of his character... he's the MAIN character and we know almost nothing about him. He's almost like a second Nowhere Man or John Doe, with the only problem that those sort of characters aren't what SGA is about...
            Yes, I like some mystery in my hot guys on tv, but there's a difference between mystery and a deep giant gaping hole in their past...

Sig by me

Comment

Teach her to use the computer and tell her there's at least one other lady here her age. I'd love to talk to her.

JM's blog.
              Spoiler:

I would like to see her here but I already tried to teach her how to use a computer. (Bad souvenirs lol) My mother has no patience.
              In addition, she does not know a word in English. Already she has trouble with the French (I said that because my parents are Portuguese). No I'm kidding. She speaks well but with an accent. If she sees what I write, I'm going to be hammered. lol
              Then, I would like to translate these sentences in English but I have already trouble with mine ...
              It's a shame because she has a lot of interesting things to say…I will try to be her "spokesman"
              Oh I love my little mom.

And for JM:

Spoiler:
              I didn't know there was a tension between them but we don't know the all story so we can't really say if there is a "conflict" between them.
              sigpic

Comment

I would like to see her here but I already tried to teach her how to use a computer. (Bad souvenirs lol) My mother has no patience.
                In addition, she does not know a word in English. Already she has trouble with the French (I said that because my parents are Portuguese). No I'm kidding. She speaks well but with an accent. If she sees what I write, I'm going to be hammered. lol
                Then, I would like to translate these sentences in English but I have already trouble with mine ...
                It's a shame because she has a lot of interesting things to say…I will try to be her "spokesman"
                Oh I love my little mom.

And for JM:

Spoiler:
                I didn't know there was a tension between them but we don't know the all story so we can't really say if there is a "conflict" between them.
                Aww, I love your mom. Please tell us what she has to say. She sounds like a smart lady.

The JF/JM controversy has been going on really since Torri left and JF spoke his mind about that. We'll never know the details but some people seem to want to keep it going by posting things about JF on JM's blog. It would be nice for once if JM took the high road and didn't respond. *waits*
                sigpic

Comment

Aww, I love your mom. Please tell us what she has to say. She sounds like a smart lady.

The JF/JM controversy has been going on really since Torri left and JF spoke his mind about that. We'll never know the details but some people seem to want to keep it going by posting things about JF on JM's blog. It would be nice for once if JM took the high road and didn't respond. *waits*
                  A smart lady with her smart daughter.
                  Tonight, Maybe we will watch "Rising".

When he gave his opinion on the departure of Torri?
                  What is reassuring is that some actors are disappointed by some choices made by the producers or writers. And I don't mean that because of the departure of Weir, but in general (disappointed by the development of characters, for example). The fans are not alone.
                  By the way, the reactions in the "Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard thunk thread" are excellent.
                  Last edited by Probie; 03 June 2009, 06:42 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, that's great! I love it. Your mom is awesome, Probie!

JM Blog

Spoiler:

Hmmm. As if I didn't already dislike that guy enough. Yeah, some very pointed leaving out of certain people in that list. And anyone who disses Joe Flanigan like that permanently loses my respect.

Great pics that show the Joe/Torri chemistry but I think her tongue is out because she's tickled by his teasing. I doubt he really kissed her and there would certainly have been no tongue involved. That was Joe and Torri, not John and Elizabeth. We're the ones who always know the difference in actors and their characters, remember.

No, you don't. But I liked his answer about the women's panties. I wonder if they were clean. Probably not.

JM's blog.
                    Spoiler:

That's very true. And no, they're not that stupid, but they probably wouldn't be above just giving him some kind of stupid ending that wouldn't fit his character. 'Cept they kinda already did.
                    Well, the one in the movie would be worse.
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

A smart lady with her smart daughter.
                      Tonight, Maybe we will watch "Rising".

When he gave his opinion on the departure of Torri?
                      What is reassuring is that some actors are disappointed by some choices made by the producers or writers. And I don't mean that because of the departure of Weir, but in general (disappointed by the development of characters, for example). The fans are not alone.
                      By the way, the reactions in the "Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard thunk thread" are excellent.
                      At several conventions and in interviews after Torri was let go, JF said he missed her and that if he had known what was about to happen he would have gone in and told them what he thought about it. He said the same about Paul.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      Oh, that's great! I love it. Your mom is awesome, Probie!

Hmmm. As if I didn't already dislike that guy enough. Yeah, some very pointed leaving out of certain people in that list. And anyone who disses Joe Flanigan like that permanently loses my respect.

That's very true. And no, they're not that stupid, but they probably wouldn't be above just giving him some kind of stupid ending that wouldn't fit his character. 'Cept they kinda already did.
                      Bite your tongue. But ITA, I dread this movie more and more. Makes me wish they'd go ahead and kill him off and get it over with. Then we could all move on with Joe to his new jobs.
                      sigpic

Comment

At several conventions and in interviews after Torri was let go, JF said he missed her and that if he had known what was about to happen he would have gone in and told them what he thought about it. He said the same about Paul.

Bite your tongue. But ITA, I dread this movie more and more. Makes me wish they'd go ahead and kill him off and get it over with. Then we could all move on with Joe to his new jobs.
                        Do you have the interviews or some videos?

It is sad to hope the end of SGA and kill sheppard but it is understandable after the last two years of "disaster". This show could have been a marvel. It was before but the potential has been wasted. What bothers me is not the "bad" quality of the show towards the end but the way that some producers (and not just JM. It's not the only one) treat the fans. Every day there is something that annoys us. I understand that it is hard to satisfy everyone but we are not complicated. Give us a good story for the movie with ALL the actors who made this show a success and above all, return to the origin: the Atlantis, the Gate, The Ancients, The Wraith, The Team and the Characters (by developing them).

In any case, I can't wait to see Joe Flanigan in his other projects and also the other actors. Especially Torri. There are no news about her. I hope she will return soon with a good project.

Erin87: Yes my mom is awesome. I can't wait to see what she will say about "Rising".
                        Last edited by Probie; 03 June 2009, 10:45 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that is extremely pessimistic of me. I'm just saying they could do it if they got mad enough.
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Do you have the interviews or some videos?

It is sad to hope the end of SGA and kill sheppard but it is understandable after the last two years of "disaster". This show could have been a marvel. It was before but the potential has been wasted. What bothers me is not the "bad" quality of the show towards the end but the way that some producers (and not just JM. It's not the only one) treat the fans. Every day there is something that annoys us. I understand that it is hard to satisfy everyone but we are not complicated. Give us a good story for the movie with ALL the actors who made this show a success and above all, return to the origin: the Atlantis, the Gate, The Ancients, The Wraith, The Team and the Characters (by developing them).

In any case, I can't wait to see Joe Flanigan in his other projects and also the other actors. Especially Torri. There are no news about her. I hope she will return soon with a good project.

Erin87: Yes my mom is awesome. I can't wait to see what she will say about "Rising".
                            Try this one. Lots of info in addition to the stuff about Torri. This was New Zealand a couple of years ago. I don't have any others bookmarked, but I think he pretty much repeated this in Australia the week before and later that fall in Burbank. Some of the things he says here are similar to what he said in the Hungarian interview.

http://liamar13.livejournal.com/12991.html
                            sigpic

Comment

Try this one. Lots of info in addition to the stuff about Torri. This was New Zealand a couple of years ago. I don't have any others bookmarked, but I think he pretty much repeated this in Australia the week before and later that fall in Burbank. Some of the things he says here are similar to what he said in the Hungarian interview.

http://liamar13.livejournal.com/12991.html
                              Oh thank you. I remember seeing a video when he talks about Torri and Paul at this convention.
                              This guy is fantastic. He says what he thinks and he is very funny as well.

Well, I'll see if my mother is ready for "Rising".
                              sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Well, it seems we're all in the mood for an Angsty Wednesday today...

JM's blog.
                                Spoiler:
                                Hmm...
                                Spoiler:
                                Is it just me, or is anyone else tempted to go over there and start posting the same questions about Weir and Sheppard/Weir over and over and over and... you get the idea. But then, maybe I'm just an evil redhead.

So, the wank continues on the Blog of Doom. Not surprised. Also not surprised that JM is once again either ignoring certain actors or taking backhanded swipes at others just to cover up the fact that he messed up and we all know it. The bloom is well and truly off the rose, folks.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                And that also wouldn't surprise me. Giving characters crappy endings after actors are supposedly "difficult" certainly seems to be par for the course for them. *sighs*

With this bunch of producers? Never gonna happen. Now, if SGU bombs and MGM finally gets a clue and fires certain obstructionists in the front office... maybe it could happen. But I'm not holding my breath, because...

You and me both. I'm more excited to see Joe (and hopefully Torri) in more, and better quality, projects in the future.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X