Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Sparkies

Hehe, Torri really sounds like a tease. I had no idea, so it's fun to read that
    And I want to see those pics with Michael too

SK, after that dark and angsty fic, you owe us a fluffy one now!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I found it! It was from Creation's 2005 Stargate con in Burbank...

The con report is here; the report on the Q&A with Torri (and the pic), is near the bottom of the page. Looks like Torri's kissing the top of Michael's head, and even though Michael's looking down, he's got this absolutely demented grin on his face! So funny!
      *grins*
      Thank you for the link
      That's such a cute picture

Sig by me

Comment

And another chapter Albiet a short one.

Promises to Keep - Chapter 4

Spoiler:
        Dr Elizabeth Weir drowned in the medicated haze of semi-consciousness, barely aware of what was going on around her and utterly helpless to do anything but fight her way towards full wakefulness. After the airman had clamped the cloth over her mouth she’d instinctively held her breath, knowing it was a futile attempt at resistance but needing to do something, anything to try and help herself. Reflex forced her to inhale after a short while, and the metallic taste of the drug stung her throat to the point of almost making her gag. Before she could even take note of the rebellion of her stomach her limbs grew heavy, her mind clouding to the point of it shutting down entirely, sending her crashing into blackness.

She was aware of being moved… or more accurately moving in something. The constant rumbling and not so subtle vibrations made her conclude it was a car.. or a van she was travelling in, and the road was rough, either that or the rear suspension in whatever it was she was in was shot to hell. Slowly her senses began to return, fleetingly at first then with some semblance of normality. She found her mouth firmly gagged, forcing her to breathe through her nose. Her eyes were watering from the stench in the back of the car, the musty stale smell irritating her sinuses. It smelt like dead dog, no worse, wet dead dog. Charming. Cracking an eye open she was confronted with the boot lid only centimetres from her face, the metal as cold and unforgiving as her captors were most likely to be. With her hands bound securely behind her she was at the whim of those who had kidnapped her, unable to reach the emergency boot release, and most likely too groggy to do anything to defend herself anyway,

Thankfully the bumpy ride slowed as the road became rougher, the car crawling through the pot-hole laden road and finally stopping. Elizabeth froze, closing her eyes and evening out her breathing to make it appear she was still unconscious. A roller door could be heard rattling open, and the boot was opened. Rough hands grabbed her under the armpits and hauled her out of the car, dragging her a short distance before someone else picked up her trailing ankles. Not bothering to be careful about the cumbersome cast encasing one of them. She forced herself to remain limp despite the pain raging through her leg, radiating up her hip and side with each movement.

She was tossed unceremoniously into a cold room, a heavy door clicking and locking as the boots were heard retreating down a hallway. It was only then she dared to move, gingerly testing her fingers and toes to see if they all still worked properly. Her head throbbed as the drug wore off, made worse by the chilling cold of the concrete floor. Slowly she sat up, finding her hands still bound and her mouth still gagged. There goes screaming for help…She remembered something John always told her about survival situations. ‘What have you got and what do you need’. What she had was a cold concrete room with no windows, almost like a cool-room or temperature controlled storeroom with no furniture apart from a wooden chair and some old pallets thrown into the corner. There was a tattered blanket that smelt like the same wet dead dog that the car had reeked of. There was no way in hell she was using THAT for warmth. What she needed was a way out, and gingerly she made her way to the door, carefully trying to turn the handle. It refused to budge, confirming her earlier conclusion that the room had been locked… from the outside. She thought John would have been proud of the way she examined every detail about the room, inspecting each panel seal, the door lock, and even the roof. With great effort she pulled one of the slats from the pallet, holding it clumsily in her hands and giving it an experimental swing to judge its balance. It was crude, but she felt a little less vulnerable with it. With a sigh of frustration she hobbled back to the chair and flopped down, determined to wait until her captors graced her with their presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          has anyone read my story yet? i mean i put a lot of work into that.
          Like I said before when you pitched the idea: it has great potential, but: (and don't hate me, I'm not trying to dish you, just trying to give you helpful tips)

That was the entire story? It feels like a chapter, just a jumping board to more. It feels unfinished. You leave me wondering what happened between them.
          There's a similar story on CD with an old Elizabeth standing in front of John's grave on Earth and slowly, chapter by chapter, through her memories, you get to know the whole story of what happened between them.
          So, write more and tell us the background of what happened.

Also, the many grammatical errors are making it very difficult to read. If you post it on one of the Sparky sites, you'll get a lot of readers who won't read beyond the first 5 sentences because of that.
          So, before you 'officially' post it somewhere, try to find a beta.

But again: great potential.

Sig by me

Comment

I agree with what KR has said... is that the whole story? Or a snippet of something to come? English may not be a first language to all on here, so don't be afraid to ask for help or what we call a 'beta' reader who will proof you work for you. It takes a lot of time and practice to become a good writer, and I see great potential in your ideas

The more you write, the better you will become!

Comment

Torri kisses everybody.

Michael Shanks

http://jackcannes.skyrock.com/photo....80888907&rev=0

Cristopher Judge

http://jackcannes.skyrock.com/photo....80886159&rev=0

I need your help. How can I change the title of my links? I remember seeing someone already explained this but I can't find the page. Thank you
              Last edited by Probie; 04 June 2009, 02:06 AM.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Cute pics, just a shame she has her back to the camera and you can't actually see anything
                But pics like those make me love her even more
                Would love to see her IRL one day...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  Cute pics, just a shame she has her back to the camera and you can't actually see anything
                  But pics like those make me love her even more
                  Would love to see her IRL one day...
                  I have others pics when you see her very well.lol But the name of the links are big. I want to change the name first but I don't how to do.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have others pics when you see her very well.lol But the name of the links are big. I want to change the name first but I don't how to do.
                    If you start a new post, there's a button called 'insert link'. For me it's right below the smiley above (smiley is in between the A and the paperclip)
                    First write the word you want to use as link, select the word, then click the button and copy/paste your link to it.
                    That should do it.
                    Hope it's clear... if not, lemme know.

Sig by me

Comment

Burbank Gallery

The First page at the bottom in the left.
                      Last edited by Probie; 04 June 2009, 02:48 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        If you start a new post, there's a button called 'insert link'. For me it's right below the smiley above (smiley is in between the A and the paperclip)
                        First write the word you want to use as link, select the word, then click the button and copy/paste your link to it.
                        That should do it.
                        Hope it's clear... if not, lemme know.
                        Yeah! It works thank you.
                        Next step: post a pic to appear on the thread.lol
                        Ok now I understand why my mother don't want to learn how use a computer with me. I'm don't know how to use a computer myself. lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Burbank Gallery

The First page at the bottom in the left.
                          Thx for sharing!! Those are some awesome pics... and the one where she's kissing Michael is just toooooooooooo cute

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I found it! It was from Creation's 2005 Stargate con in Burbank...

The con report is here; the report on the Q&A with Torri (and the pic), is near the bottom of the page. Looks like Torri's kissing the top of Michael's head, and even though Michael's looking down, he's got this absolutely demented grin on his face! So funny!
                            It was fun to read both Joe and Torri's report on that site. Those were the early fun, carefree days. Notice in Joe's how he just knows Shep will never go too dark and if you read between the lines in the statement about a certain kiss, you learn that he didn't expect that ship to happen even then. Torri also was very happy and optimistic about her part and her ideas for Weir were very good. Too bad nobody listened to those two. And it's also very revealing that in those days Brad Wright was the voice of authority. Hmmm?

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                            And another chapter Albiet a short one.

Promises to Keep - Chapter 4

[snipped]
                            Poor Lizzie! Eeeekkkk!
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              It was fun to read both Joe and Torri's report on that site. Those were the early fun, carefree days. Notice in Joe's how he just knows Shep will never go too dark and if you read between the lines in the statement about a certain kiss, you learn that he didn't expect that ship to happen even then. Torri also was very happy and optimistic about her part and her ideas for Weir were very good. Too bad nobody listened to those two. And it's also very revealing that in those days Brad Wright was the voice of authority. Hmmm?

Poor Lizzie! Eeeekkkk!
                              Awww...sometimes I hate that I got into the show after the maelstrom of stupid production decisions, back when people cared and loved being around one another and had hope for their characters.

Or maybe it was better, because I don't have any expectations anymore.

I cracked up at the Weir/Teyla slash question. Torri thought it was a good idea. Why has there never been a thread for that? Just leave John out of it completely.

Michael and Chris Judge are hysterical. Gosh, I hope we get to see all of them in other things soon.

Oops...Joe losing his lunch at 9.5gs. Poor thing!
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                Awww...sometimes I hate that I got into the show after the maelstrom of stupid production decisions, back when people cared and loved being around one another and had hope for their characters.

Or maybe it was better, because I don't have any expectations anymore.

I cracked up at the Weir/Teyla slash question. Torri thought it was a good idea. Why has there never been a thread for that? Just leave John out of it completely.

Michael and Chris Judge are hysterical. Gosh, I hope we get to see all of them in other things soon.

Oops...Joe losing his lunch at 9.5gs. Poor thing!
                                Those were the best of times. Those were the worst of times. *nods*

Joe talked about that plane ride for a long time. He was very impressed by the "real" pilots. LOL
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X