Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Bwahahaha!!!! Love it! Sparky is the face of Atlantis!
    Didn't we always say Sparky is made of major WIN?!

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      LOL. I was reading about Atlantis' balconies and Elizabeth with her balcony and it makes me think of Romeo and Juliet.

Now, I'm getting an obscure muse to make a pic!fic with the SGA characters as Shakespeare's characters. Rodney would so be Paris.
      : But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Elizabeth is the sun.

: *melts*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Didn't we always say Sparky is made of major WIN?!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...a_81/spark.jpg
        Oooh, John's thinking naughty thoughts again!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oooh, John's thinking naughty thoughts again!
          When is he not? Bwahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            When is he not? Bwahahahahaha!
            Good point. Heehee!

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
              Pretty!

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              LOL. I was reading about Atlantis' balconies and Elizabeth with her balcony and it makes me think of Romeo and Juliet.

Now, I'm getting an obscure muse to make a pic!fic with the SGA characters as Shakespeare's characters. Rodney would so be Paris.
              Would that make Teyla the Nurse? And who would be Friar Lawrence? Kate?

Edited to add the next wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                Pretty!

Would that make Teyla the Nurse? And who would be Friar Lawrence? Kate?

Edited to add the next wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:
                http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2738/firstkissjeqj6.th.jpg

Sig:
                http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8153/firstkissjesiggw9.jpg

Oooh, beautiful. Very Valentiney.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Oooh, beautiful. Very Valentiney.
                  agree

though we should start doing christmas arts

Comment

Yes, Xmas arts please!

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                      agree

though we should start doing christmas arts
                      You mean like these: simple and quick, no talent involved

Spoiler:
                      wallpaper

sig

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        wallpaper

sig

It's hOT! Who needs talent when you can have HOT?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          The Hawkeyes are my team. Can you imagine the screaming where I was this afternoon? I am a happy camper tonight.
                          I was screaming with you! The SEC and Big XII fans thank you for eliminating Penn State from the title game.

Quote spoiled for length. ITA on the bold part. Since they seem to have left John grieving for her it does make the events of S4 and GiTM all the more poignant. And cement the fact that she is the one in his heart.

Great about Iowa. I didn't pay much attention to football yesterday because my Hokies had a thursday night game.And beat Maryland! The offense actually played well. Maybe injuring 2 quarterbacks helped. Hee.

Congrats to USC also. Maybe they'll move back up in the rankings now. And I'm an English nerd too. In fact writing all those papers on stupid things like the use of the color white in The Great Gatsby helps me analyze Sparky. LOL

College football. Just ignore us.
                          I love that in a romance thread filled with (mostly) women we're having a football discussion.

Ah, the Great Gatsby. I had to write a paper analyzing the color 'green' in the story.

I'd argue that neither AthTart or Larrin (I need to come up with a good snarky nickname for her) or any of the other wenches of the week were important at all. They're all merely speed bumps on the road to Sparky. John may get his head turned for a moment by a pretty girl, but like a compass needle, he always returns straight and true to Elizabeth. She's ruined him for anyone else.

I hope John saved room on that jumper for us!
                          I agree. At this point I just hope they leave him alone (literally and figuratively). I don't think they can write in an effective romance, and none of the other women from the past (namely, Larrin, who's the only Kirkette to have appeared twice) would be believable as a potential romantic hook-up.

So I say leave John alone and let him remember Elizabeth in peace.

Hmm, I was thinking of nicknames that are twists on their real names, like how I turned Athar into AthTart. Larritrix, maybe? Laritrine? (Larrin + Latrine)

As for the other wenches, there's Mara (from The Tower), Teer (from Epiphany; though she doesn't irritate me like the others)... anyone else I've blocked out forgotten?

Elizabeth is John's guiding star... *thud* Anuna, I LOVE that! *runs around squeeing*
                          I can't diss Teer--at least she was effectively used (as in, it took 6 months to do anything). But I'll brainstorm a nasty name for Mara, I truly disliked her character.

Honestly, though, I think that was it as far as Sheppard's Kirkettes, right?

Now that is hot enough to melt a chilly Christmas eve. And a pretty nice gift to go around. XD
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

People! One more day to claim requests at sparky_santa! http://community.livejournal.com/sparky_santa/ Do you want to participate?

Comment

Spoiler:
                              wallpaper

sig

Those are awesome! I especially like the tag on the first one; John is totally Elizabeth's property! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                I love that in a romance thread filled with (mostly) women we're having a football discussion.
                                Ah, the irony.

I agree. At this point I just hope they leave him alone (literally and figuratively). I don't think they can write in an effective romance, and none of the other women from the past (namely, Larrin, who's the only Kirkette to have appeared twice) would be believable as a potential romantic hook-up.

So I say leave John alone and let him remember Elizabeth in peace.
                                Amen to that. And to be honest, given the series' current situation, I think there's a good chance that'll be what happens. With SGA shifting to movies after the end of this season, there will be much less opportunity to incorporate any new romantic entanglements. There's only so much story you can cram into a 90-minute movie, after all.

I can't diss Teer--at least she was effectively used (as in, it took 6 months to do anything). But I'll brainstorm a nasty name for Mara, I truly disliked her character.

Honestly, though, I think that was it as far as Sheppard's Kirkettes, right?
                                I agree, Teer was actually a pretty good character. She wasn't a pushy little tart like Mara, and as you mentioned, John was given a lot of time to get to know her, so it really didn't have the stupid "one-night stand" feel that AthTart and Mara did.

Yeah, I think that was it for the official Kirkettes.

Now that is hot enough to melt a chilly Christmas eve. And a pretty nice gift to go around. XD
                                Yup, just wrap him up in a bow and... nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X