Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    Yes, indeed it is. Along with every afternoon and evening. I'm loving the smilie, very cute.
    And let's not forget those midnight snack runs! Strawberries and chocolate syrup for the win!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And for today's offering.. I bring you another 1600 words of Sparky angsting in a new chapter of my fic

Chapter 3 - Promises to Keep

Spoiler:
      A week after the explosion, Dr Elizabeth Weir was finally allowed to leave the Stargate Command infirmary, if only to move into one of the staterooms on the base until full reason behind what the Police were calling was a murder attempt on her life was uncovered. They had pieced together several explosive charges within the lecture hall and concluded that she had been the intended target of the explosion, with the rest of the students merely collateral damage.

Unable to use crutches due to her broken arm, she was forced to rely on the help of others to get around in a wheelchair, something her wounded pride did not take well to. John had requested leave until she was able to return home, but Elizabeth had insisted that he keep working, and despite his protests to the contrary, explaining that she had plenty to keep her occupied even restricted to the base. He had reluctantly agreed and assigned an airman to assist her as necessary, leaving strict instructions that she wasn’t to overexert herself.

On the second day after she’d been released from the infirmary John came to her stateroom in the afternoon, a concerned expression on his face. He excused the airman and closed the door, ensuring them a few moments of privacy away from the prying ears of others.

“ Elizabeth… we’ve got a problem” He said simply, plonking himself down on the couch next to her, careful not to jostle her elevated ankle. He watched the colour drain visibly from her face as she prepared herself for whatever news he had to tell her.

“ Our house was broken into. They’ve taken the safe, and your computers. I’d just popped home to pick up some fresh clothes for you when I found out. ” John said slowly, focusing now on his hands as though there was some way he could have prevented this.

“ When?” She asked, the worry and concern in her eyes evident. She still hadn’t told John about the artefact she’d been working on… and how it may have been connected to the explosion.

“ It’s hard to tell, but the Cops think it was the morning of the explosion.” John explained, wondering why the timeframe was suddenly important to her.

The pieces slid into place in Elizabeth’s mind, still not knowing the ‘Who’, but now figuring out the ‘Why’. Now was a good a time as ever.

“ Daniel had me translating an Ancient artefact, I’d been working on it on and off for a couple of weeks and had it stored in the safe. I’d just finished the translation the evening before the explosion, and it looked to be a genome resequenser, kinda like the ‘ascension’ devise Rodney found back on Atlantis, but instead turning the subject into a ‘super human’ and keeping them that way. I’d emailed the encrypted translation to Daniel before I left for the university that morning.” She explained, watching the different emotions battle for supremacy on John’s face. He was angry that she’d kept information from him, concerned that she was so heavily involved in something that had already cost the lives of so many people, and terrified for her future safety.

“ Do you know who might have intercepted that email?” He asked, holding her good hand to provide a small semblance of comfort.

“ No, and I don’t know who tried to blow up the lecture hall. All I know is that they have the device they were after, and they wanted to kill everyone associated with it to prevent any further problems.” Elizabeth dropped her head, her dark curls obscuring her face from his eyes.

“ You said the email was encrypted, yes?” John’s mind buzzed with various contingencies, none of them coming up with anything remotely resembling positive outcomes.

“ Yeah, I always encrypt my emails when I translate for Daniel... just in case” She replied from behind her hair.

“ What if they hadn’t been able to crack the encryption?” He prodded, trying to bring at least a little hope to the conversation.

“ Then both Daniel and myself have a price on our heads” Elizabeth moaned “ Damnit... now he’s in danger as well”

“ I’m gonna to have a chat to Landry and sort out protection for Daniel, you stay here ok?” He squeezed her hand before releasing it and kneeling in front of her, gently raising her chin to meet his gaze.

“ We’re gonna get through this… I’m not gonna let anything or anyone harm you” He reassured, sealing the promise with a kiss before leaving and heading up to Landry’s office.

Not long after John had left the airman returned to the room, saying that Dr Lam wanted to run some more test and had asked him to bring Elizabeth to the infirmary. He assisted her into the wheelchair and headed towards the elevators, swiping his security card as they arrived at the large metal doors. A quick look around him told him there was only one security camera watching this location. That small issue was quickly resolved by a single bullet from his weapon, complete with silencer. Before she had a chance to cry for help a cloth soaked in a chemical she couldn’t identify was clamped over her mouth and nose, forcing her to inhale its toxic contents. Her last conscious thoughts were of John’s safety, and how she may never see him again before the darkness claimed her. The airman moved quickly, pushing the wheelchair into the elevator as soon as the door slid open. He carefully positioned her so that she appeared to be sitting under her own power, merely asleep. Jabbing the button for the car-park he shot the camera in the elevator, knowing that by the time anyone realised what was going on, he would be long gone.

A moment later the wheelchair was stashed in a stairwell next to the naked body of the airman who’s uniform he has stolen, and Elizabeth stuffed into the boot of an plainly nondescript car with false number plates. He quickly tied a gag over her mouth, and bound her hands together, knowing she would probably remain unconscious but not willing to take any chances. The guards at the gate checked his creditionals as he left, not catching on to the fact he had entered under a completely different ID. Not daring to hasten his escape he smiled in thanks to the guards and headed down the mountain, waiting until he was well out of earshot before flooring the accelerator and hightailing it to his rendezvous location.

Meanwhile John had just finished organising protection for Dr Jackson and informed the SG1 member of the changes to his daily living that would have to take place. He would be confined to the base until the mess has been sorted out, and taken off the off-world teams and missions. Daniel had fumed at the restrictions but grudgingly accepted that it was for his own safety.

Leaving the grumbling archaeologist to his own bad mood, John headed back to the stateroom where he had left Elizabeth, noting that the airman who had stood guard by the door was missing. He tapped on the door with his knuckles before pushing it open, growing concerned as he found it empty. He searched for any sign of her, and found nothing… she was simply… gone.

His heart sank and his guts twisted into a thousand knots as he picked up the phone and called Dr Lam in a last ditch attempt to find Elizabeth. The Dr knew nothing about where Elizabeth had gone, sealing John’s suspicions that something was very very wrong.

He picked up the phone again and dialled General Landry, informing him that Elizabeth was missing and to keep a close eye on Dr Jackson. He hung up and bolted for the security area, startling the poor Captain who had been keeping an eye on the monitors.

“ Captain, pull up the security footage for the camera outside the stateroom for the last 30 minutes” John ordered, his voice thankfully more steady that he had feared it might be.

A few taps of the keyboard later and the airman appeared on screen, assisting Elizabeth into her wheelchair and pushing her out the door towards the nearest elevator. Before she was even asked the Captain pulled up the sequence from the camera near the elevator, her face paling as the screen showed the airman pulling a pistol with a silencer before the footage abruptly ended.

“ Oh no…” The Captain whispered as she found nothing but static in the elevator camera as well. Sheppard bolted for the phone and ordered a security lockdown of the base, hoping to catch the kidnapper before he made his escape.

“ Wait… I think I have something” The Captain interrupted, pulling up a camera from the staff car-park, not an ideal view as the camera wasn’t in the direct line of the airman, but still it showed all they needed to see in a badly pixelated but still discernable image. Elizabeth was shown being hauled from the wheelchair, clearly unconscious by her lack of struggle and stuffed into the boot of a car before it was driven out of the car-park and towards the surface.

“ Should I alert the security gates?” The Captain asked.

“ Don’t bother, they’re long gone” John replied despondently, realising that he may never see Elizabeth again. Kicking the door in frustration he ordered the security tapes send to the labs for further analysis and went to break the news to Landry so they could formulate a plan. He couldn’t help but feel the sinking feeling that as seconds and minutes ticked by, so did the chances of finding Elizabeth alive.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
        And for today's offering.. I bring you another 1600 words of Sparky angsting in a new chapter of my fic

Spoiler:
        A week after the explosion, Dr Elizabeth Weir was finally allowed to leave the Stargate Command infirmary, if only to move into one of the staterooms on the base until full reason behind what the Police were calling was a murder attempt on her life was uncovered. They had pieced together several explosive charges within the lecture hall and concluded that she had been the intended target of the explosion, with the rest of the students merely collateral damage.

Unable to use crutches due to her broken arm, she was forced to rely on the help of others to get around in a wheelchair, something her wounded pride did not take well to. John had requested leave until she was able to return home, but Elizabeth had insisted that he keep working, and despite his protests to the contrary, explaining that she had plenty to keep her occupied even restricted to the base. He had reluctantly agreed and assigned an airman to assist her as necessary, leaving strict instructions that she wasn’t to overexert herself.

On the second day after she’d been released from the infirmary John came to her stateroom in the afternoon, a concerned expression on his face. He excused the airman and closed the door, ensuring them a few moments of privacy away from the prying ears of others.

“ Elizabeth… we’ve got a problem” He said simply, plonking himself down on the couch next to her, careful not to jostle her elevated ankle. He watched the colour drain visibly from her face as she prepared herself for whatever news he had to tell her.

“ Our house was broken into. They’ve taken the safe, and your computers. I’d just popped home to pick up some fresh clothes for you when I found out. ” John said slowly, focusing now on his hands as though there was some way he could have prevented this.

“ When?” She asked, the worry and concern in her eyes evident. She still hadn’t told John about the artefact she’d been working on… and how it may have been connected to the explosion.

“ It’s hard to tell, but the Cops think it was the morning of the explosion.” John explained, wondering why the timeframe was suddenly important to her.

The pieces slid into place in Elizabeth’s mind, still not knowing the ‘Who’, but now figuring out the ‘Why’. Now was a good a time as ever.

“ Daniel had me translating an Ancient artefact, I’d been working on it on and off for a couple of weeks and had it stored in the safe. I’d just finished the translation the evening before the explosion, and it looked to be a genome resequenser, kinda like the ‘ascension’ devise Rodney found back on Atlantis, but instead turning the subject into a ‘super human’ and keeping them that way. I’d emailed the encrypted translation to Daniel before I left for the university that morning.” She explained, watching the different emotions battle for supremacy on John’s face. He was angry that she’d kept information from him, concerned that she was so heavily involved in something that had already cost the lives of so many people, and terrified for her future safety.

“ Do you know who might have intercepted that email?” He asked, holding her good hand to provide a small semblance of comfort.

“ No, and I don’t know who tried to blow up the lecture hall. All I know is that they have the device they were after, and they wanted to kill everyone associated with it to prevent any further problems.” Elizabeth dropped her head, her dark curls obscuring her face from his eyes.

“ You said the email was encrypted, yes?” John’s mind buzzed with various contingencies, none of them coming up with anything remotely resembling positive outcomes.

“ Yeah, I always encrypt my emails when I translate for Daniel... just in case” She replied from behind her hair.

“ What if they hadn’t been able to crack the encryption?” He prodded, trying to bring at least a little hope to the conversation.

“ Then both Daniel and myself have a price on our heads” Elizabeth moaned “ Damnit... now he’s in danger as well”

“ I’m gonna to have a chat to Landry and sort out protection for Daniel, you stay here ok?” He squeezed her hand before releasing it and kneeling in front of her, gently raising her chin to meet his gaze.

“ We’re gonna get through this… I’m not gonna let anything or anyone harm you” He reassured, sealing the promise with a kiss before leaving and heading up to Landry’s office.

Not long after John had left the airman returned to the room, saying that Dr Lam wanted to run some more test and had asked him to bring Elizabeth to the infirmary. He assisted her into the wheelchair and headed towards the elevators, swiping his security card as they arrived at the large metal doors. A quick look around him told him there was only one security camera watching this location. That small issue was quickly resolved by a single bullet from his weapon, complete with silencer. Before she had a chance to cry for help a cloth soaked in a chemical she couldn’t identify was clamped over her mouth and nose, forcing her to inhale its toxic contents. Her last conscious thoughts were of John’s safety, and how she may never see him again before the darkness claimed her. The airman moved quickly, pushing the wheelchair into the elevator as soon as the door slid open. He carefully positioned her so that she appeared to be sitting under her own power, merely asleep. Jabbing the button for the car-park he shot the camera in the elevator, knowing that by the time anyone realised what was going on, he would be long gone.

A moment later the wheelchair was stashed in a stairwell next to the naked body of the airman who’s uniform he has stolen, and Elizabeth stuffed into the boot of an plainly nondescript car with false number plates. He quickly tied a gag over her mouth, and bound her hands together, knowing she would probably remain unconscious but not willing to take any chances. The guards at the gate checked his creditionals as he left, not catching on to the fact he had entered under a completely different ID. Not daring to hasten his escape he smiled in thanks to the guards and headed down the mountain, waiting until he was well out of earshot before flooring the accelerator and hightailing it to his rendezvous location.

Meanwhile John had just finished organising protection for Dr Jackson and informed the SG1 member of the changes to his daily living that would have to take place. He would be confined to the base until the mess has been sorted out, and taken off the off-world teams and missions. Daniel had fumed at the restrictions but grudgingly accepted that it was for his own safety.

Leaving the grumbling archaeologist to his own bad mood, John headed back to the stateroom where he had left Elizabeth, noting that the airman who had stood guard by the door was missing. He tapped on the door with his knuckles before pushing it open, growing concerned as he found it empty. He searched for any sign of her, and found nothing… she was simply… gone.

His heart sank and his guts twisted into a thousand knots as he picked up the phone and called Dr Lam in a last ditch attempt to find Elizabeth. The Dr knew nothing about where Elizabeth had gone, sealing John’s suspicions that something was very very wrong.

He picked up the phone again and dialled General Landry, informing him that Elizabeth was missing and to keep a close eye on Dr Jackson. He hung up and bolted for the security area, startling the poor Captain who had been keeping an eye on the monitors.

“ Captain, pull up the security footage for the camera outside the stateroom for the last 30 minutes” John ordered, his voice thankfully more steady that he had feared it might be.

A few taps of the keyboard later and the airman appeared on screen, assisting Elizabeth into her wheelchair and pushing her out the door towards the nearest elevator. Before she was even asked the Captain pulled up the sequence from the camera near the elevator, her face paling as the screen showed the airman pulling a pistol with a silencer before the footage abruptly ended.

“ Oh no…” The Captain whispered as she found nothing but static in the elevator camera as well. Sheppard bolted for the phone and ordered a security lockdown of the base, hoping to catch the kidnapper before he made his escape.

“ Wait… I think I have something” The Captain interrupted, pulling up a camera from the staff car-park, not an ideal view as the camera wasn’t in the direct line of the airman, but still it showed all they needed to see in a badly pixelated but still discernable image. Elizabeth was shown being hauled from the wheelchair, clearly unconscious by her lack of struggle and stuffed into the boot of a car before it was driven out of the car-park and towards the surface.

“ Don’t bother, they’re long gone” John replied despondently, realising that he may never see Elizabeth again. Kicking the door in frustration he ordered the security tapes send to the labs for further analysis and went to break the news to Landry so they could formulate a plan. He couldn’t help but feel the sinking feeling that as seconds and minutes ticked by, so did the chances of finding Elizabeth alive.
        Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! *flails* Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!
        Spoiler:
        LIZZIE!!!!! They've got the device, they've got Lizzie, could this day get any worse? Gee, with the cliffhangers, it's almost like an episode of 24. Except, you know, it takes place over more than a single day.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post

Spoiler:

Awesome new chapter!! Can't wait to see where you're taking this...
          Totally loving it so far...
          Spoiler:
          John must be beating himself up right now as he promised to protect her and then she gets kidnapped right from under his nose.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            I swear, I crack up every time I see that smilie because of the way that John's eyes bug out while Lizzie's snogging him. He really never sees it coming, does he?
            I hadn't noticed the eye-popping until you pointed it out. Unobservant much?

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Awesome new chapter!! Can't wait to see where you're taking this...
            Totally loving it so far...
            Spoiler:
            John must be beating himself up right now as he promised to protect her and then she gets kidnapped right from under his nose.
            Yikes, he has to spring into action soon.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

AXN posted the JF Q&A:
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=141262
              some interesting (and some cute) stuff!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                AXN posted the JF Q&A:
                Thanks for letting us know. His answers are certainly interesting. Especially to the ones about the actors and how the producers feel about them. *fistpump*

Looks like our Joe is in rare form once again.

And doing a movie!
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Can't wait to find out about the movie. He's so cute, especially about his kids.

And love that he was so direct about his opinion on why SGA was cancelled.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

AXN posted the JF Q&A:
                    *cries* I can't read it! I think my firewall doesn't like that site.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
                      *cries* I can't read it! I think my firewall doesn't like that site.
                      Alipeeps from the Whump thread kindly posted the Q & A:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=141276

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=141277
                      sigpic

Comment

Whoo hoo! That's a huge help, thanks!

Comment

Thank you for posting the links. It's a great interview. Too bad nothing was asked about Sparky... but then again, nothing was asked about Sheyla either

I totally love his answer about the difference between actors and producers/writers. I totally and utterly agree with him.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Thank you for posting the links. It's a great interview. Too bad nothing was asked about Sparky... but then again, nothing was asked about Sheyla either

I totally love his answer about the difference between actors and producers/writers. I totally and utterly agree with him.
                            He didn't answer all of the questions, questions were asked regarding both ships IIRC
                            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                              He didn't answer all of the questions, questions were asked regarding both ships IIRC
                              I'm hoping he didn't see all the questions - some of them were pretty embarrasing!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                Yeah, I noticed that after my post
                                So, can you still ask questions or was it just a one time thing?

I'm hoping he didn't see all the questions - some of them were pretty embarrasing!
                                Hehe, true... It's amazing what people dare asking and saying...
                                Maybe the site mods filtered them before sending them to him.
                                At least I hope they did

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X