No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First part (because it's not easy to translate lol)

My mother was happy to see MacGyver. For her, RDA is still MacGyver. Don’t say "O’Neill" or she will give you a bad look.lol She liked the episode and finds that the city is really beautiful. She wants a house like this (of course mom ...). The costumes and hairstyles (especially Teyla) made her laugh.
    Let's talk about what interests us.
    She likes Weir because she is strong and listens to others. (I love you mom)

First reaction about John/Elizabeth: The scene with the bottle of champagne. She saw THE look between them. (When Weir shows the bottle to Sheppard.) I hope I am clear.
    She asked me why John always follows Elizabeth and she liked when John says "Yes ma'am" to Weir (Don't ask me why...).
    Last edited by Probie; 04 June 2009, 01:31 PM.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I still can't watch TMC again because of all that. Joe and Torri knock it outta the park with the delicious angst-fest... but damn, it hurts too much to watch.
      I can definitely understand why.

Originally posted by Probie View Post

My mother was happy to see MacGyver. For her, RDA is still MacGyver. Don’t say "O’Neill" or she will give you a bad look.lol She liked the episode and finds that the city is really beautiful. She wants a house like this (of course mom ...). The costumes and hairstyles (especially Teyla) made her laugh.

First reaction about John/Elizabeth: The scene with the bottle of champagne. She saw THE look between them. (When Weir shows the bottle to Sheppard.) I hope I am clear.
      She asked me why John always follows Elizabeth and she liked when John says "Yes ma'am" to Weir (Don't ask me why...).
      A very nice analysis by your mom. A very smart lady. And heck, I wouldn't mind having a house like that myself. And THE look. Obvious as a sack of bricks in the face. You were perfectly clear. The look needs no explaining. Yay for Probie's mom!
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Second part:

She finds Sheppard (or “the man with crazy hair” like she said) funny but sometimes a little stupid. (HALLING: Halling./SHEPPARD: I don't know what that means/SUMNER: It's his name)

I don't want to start a new war so I hide this part
        Spoiler:
        She laughed (again) for the scene in the cave between Teyla and Sheppard. I quote "Too predictable. The handsome American soldier with the sexy alien woman. It is a cliché and therefore not credible." I swear not to have influenced her.

Balcony scene: She didn’t see this like a Sparky scene but she liked the dynamic (or the “conflict”) between them.
        sigpic

Comment

The last part

The scene at the end:
          She finds this scene cute between Teyla and Sheppard then between Weir and Sheppard. In conclusion, and I quote "It's not the words that made me think that there is something between them but it's the looks and gestures".
          Oh mom you are the best. I promise to give you a beautiful gift for the Mother Day this Sunday even if it was already planned.lol

Voilà. It was the analysis of my mother. We will watch "Hide and Seek" and "38 minutes" tomorrow or Saturday because she wants to see more.
          sigpic

Comment

Heck, I'd love to have a house like Atlantis, too!

Actually, I find some of the architecture (and especially the stained-glass windows) to be reminiscent of designs by Frank Lloyd Wright and Charles Rennie Mackintosh. Lovely stuff.

Second part:

She finds Sheppard (or “the man with crazy hair” like she said) funny but sometimes a little stupid. (HALLING: Halling./SHEPPARD: I don't know what that means/SUMNER: It's his name)

Spoiler:
            She laughed (again) for the scene in the cave between Teyla and Sheppard. I quote "Too predictable. The handsome American soldier with the sexy alien woman. It is a cliché and therefore not credible." I swear not to have influenced her.

Balcony scene: She didn’t see this like a Sparky scene but she liked the dynamic (or the “conflict”) between them.
            And that's why we like Sparky. It's not a tired old cliché.

The last part

The scene at the end:
            She finds this scene cute between Teyla and Sheppard then between Weir and Sheppard. In conclusion, and I quote "It's not the words that made me think that there is something between them but it's the looks and gestures".
            Oh mom you are the best. I promise to give you a beautiful gift for the Mother Day this Sunday even if it was already planned.lol

Voilà. It was the analysis of my mother. We will watch "Hide and Seek" and "38 minutes" tomorrow or Saturday because she wants to see more.
            Sparky's chemistry is definitely in the body language. Or, rather... eye!sex.

Your mom is a wise woman!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Second part:

Spoiler:

Your mom sounds amazing!!
              And I totally agree with her opinions
              I did view that balcony scene as sparky though because it's a forming scene and it shows how their relationship grew and from where it started.

Honestly, I'm jealous of your mom. If I even dare opening my mouth about Stargate or Star Trek, or anything closely similar, my mom just gives me this look filled with contempt and starts talking about something completely different.
              Sci-fi and TV-shows in general don't interest her at all and she's also totally not interested when I talk about it. As a kid I wasn't even allowed to watch it on TV... made up for that though when I got my own TV in my own room

Sig by me

Comment

All right, Sparkies! Fluffy fic ye want, fluffy fic ye shall have!

Chocolate Hunt, by finnstardust.
                Summary: What is John prepared to do when Elizabeth needs chocolate?

Happy Sparky reading!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The last part

The scene at the end:

Your mom is very smart. Give her a hug from me.

My husband and I are watching S1 because there's nothing on TV right now. We just watched Hide and Seek tonight and the Sparky just jumped out at me more than ever. Whenever she is there he just does not look anywhere else. And they were reading each other's minds even that early on.

Hubby likes these old ones for the humor and said they really ruined it when it went dark.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

My husband and I are watching S1 because there's nothing on TV right now. We just watched Hide and Seek tonight and the Sparky just jumped out at me more than ever. Whenever she is there he just does not look anywhere else. And they were reading each other's minds even that early on.

Hubby likes these old ones for the humor and said they really ruined it when it went dark.
                    Yeah, there's definitely nothing good on TV right now! LOL!

John has always been so totally focused on Elizabeth that the idea of him being interested in anyone else is just laughable. Between that and the mindreading, I just can't fathom that they were apparently planned to be at odds at one time. It just doesn't fit what we see on screen.

The Classic Atlantis of Seasons 1-3 will always be the series' golden age.

Comment

Second part:

Spoiler:

How I agree with your mom, about everything. Very interesting thing, about those predictable things! I always say the same thing.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

That's precisely it. Sometimes it's like he doesn't even notice other people, and if that's not plain interest, I don't know what is? Also, they connect in more ways than one, meaning they have the chemistry, which is quite blatant, but they also have the mutual understanding, respect for each other, they work well together, and they're friends. That's a mature relationship, or at least a solid base for it. John doesn't have it with anyone else on the show,not quite like he does with Elizabeth.

I really wonder if that guy writing the blog of doom ever watched this show.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        How I agree with your mom, about everything. Very interesting thing, about those predictable things! I always say the same thing.

That's precisely it. Sometimes it's like he doesn't even notice other people, and if that's not plain interest, I don't know what is? Also, they connect in more ways than one, meaning they have the chemistry, which is quite blatant, but they also have the mutual understanding, respect for each other, they work well together, and they're friends. That's a mature relationship, or at least a solid base for it. John doesn't have it with anyone else on the show,not quite like he does with Elizabeth.

I really wonder if that guy writing the blog of doom ever watched this show.
                        I wonder if any of TPTW ever watched this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          I wonder if any of TPTW ever watched this show.
                          Lol, I've always wondered about that myself

Sig by me

Comment

Evening Sparkies.. how are we all????

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              Your mom sounds amazing!!
                              And I totally agree with her opinions
                              I did view that balcony scene as sparky though because it's a forming scene and it shows how their relationship grew and from where it started.

Honestly, I'm jealous of your mom. If I even dare opening my mouth about Stargate or Star Trek, or anything closely similar, my mom just gives me this look filled with contempt and starts talking about something completely different.
                              Sci-fi and TV-shows in general don't interest her at all and she's also totally not interested when I talk about it. As a kid I wasn't even allowed to watch it on TV... made up for that though when I got my own TV in my own room

In my family, we all watched SG1 (my brother and my 2 sisters), so science fiction isn't a problem for us. We even watched same "V" (yuk). Growing up, my family has stopped watching SG1 and SGA (must be said that the show was not more programmed to the TV) from Season 2. I am the only one that continues to watch. But sometimes, we still talk about this show because we have good memories together.
                              For my mother, she likes to watch TV Shows with me especially House and NCIS. SGA is all new to her. She likes discovering new things even if she thinks that Stargate is not the best TV show.

Erin87, SK, Anuna: Thank you for my mom. She's the best.
                              SR: I will give her a hug for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

And alas.. Promises to Keep - Chapter 5
                                Spoiler:

Colonel John Sheppard stalked the office of General Landry like a caged animal. Confined within the small area he paced 5 steps in one direction, pivoted on his bootheel, then repeated, listening with only partial interest to the conversation Landry was having on the phone at the time. Dr Daniel Jackson was being placed in protective custody on the base and assigned a bodyguard at all times. SG1 had volunteered for the task of making sure their archeologist remained safe, worked in shifts to provide him 24 hour protection. John however seethed at the notion that the airman he had trusted with his wife’s life had been a fake, whose sole purpose seemed to be infiltrating the SGC and kidnapping Dr Weir.

“ Thank you Lt” Landry wound up the conversation and returned the phone to its cradle, turning his attention to the angsting Colonel in his office.

“ Quit pacing John before you wear a hole in the floor” He commented brusquely, indicating the chair opposite the large wooden desk. John seemed to regard him for a moment before dropping reluctantly into the offered chair, unable to keep the frustration from his eyes.
                                “ Sorry Sir” He grumbled as he slumped down, his eyes refusing to meet those of the Generals.
                                Landry seemed to sober a bit, tapping on his computer to clarify some information had just come through on email. He flicked through the document before regarding John again.
                                “ They’ve traced the number plates to a stolen vehicle , and the credentials the airman also used were false strangely enough. The real Airman Frolham was found unconscious in a stairway near the carpark. Dr Lam tells me he’ll make a full recovery in time” Landry said, closing the email and turning his attention back to John. “ We’re doing everything we can to trace the vehicle and the men involved, the security lab are making progress with the CCTV footage, and the local constabulary are on the lookout for anything suspicious. However, we’ve tried to track Dr Weir using the subcutaneous transmitter all Atlantis personnel were required to have implanted, but we’re not picking up anything. We did however get a lead on her location before she entered what we believe is a shielded area”

John’s head shot up at the positive news, almost not daring to hope that he might actually might see Elizabeth again.
                                “ Just tell me where…” He whispered, already on his feet and leaning over the large desk.
                                “ Not to fast Colonel, you’ll wait for backup and you’ll go in covertly. These people knew what they were after” Landry commanded, his tone leaving no room for argument. John’s heart sank a little at the order but he still itched for action. Anything was better than sitting around waiting.
                                “ Yes Sir… do you have an ETA and a location?” John queried, resisting the urge to start pacing again.
                                “ You’re taking SG3 with you, they’ll be ready topside in 15 minutes. As for the location, Dr Weir’s transmitter cut out around this area here” Landry swiveled his laptop around to show a satellite image of a disused industrial style building, its corrugated tin roof rusted with age. It was deep within a rural area, possibly used as an abattoir in years gone by. Now it seemed its purposes were even more sinister.
                                “ Thank you Sir” John tossed over his shoulder as he bolted for the armoury, swapping his jacket for a tactical vest and his sidearm for some serious armaments. Less than 10 minutes later he was waiting near the black SUV for the rest of the team, anxious to get underway.
                                SG3 jogged out of the elevator, heavily strapped with ammunition and weapons, their black attire reinforcing the covert nature of their mission.
                                “ Alright gentlemen, let’s go” John encouraged, slapping a few of the team on the back as they clambered into the SUV, settling into their seats and readying themselves for the mission ahead.
                                90 minutes later the SUV pulled over to the side of the quiet country road, double checking their location against the last known location of Elizabeth’s transponder. They were close… very close. Off to one side a narrow laneway disappeared through a cascade of drooping mass of trees, the asphalt giving way to a rutted dirt track as it meandered towards the low mountain range in the distance. A small conglomerate of buildings lay nestled at the foot of the hills, their badly decaying exteriors testament to many years of neglect.
                                “ Down there” John indicated from the passenger seat, pointing down the track. “Take us as far as you can without being in sight of those buildings… we’ll go the rest on foot” He explained, quickly checking his weapon and indicating for the rest of his team to ready themselves. The van crept forward, slowly rumbling down the pot hole ridden track, quietly and carefully as possible. About a kilometer away from the buildings, in a deep gully completely overgrown by large trees the driver pulled over and indicated this was the best location for them to disembark. Without a sound the team piled out of the SUV, the driver parking the black van between a nestle of trees that almost completely concealed it ever being there.
                                “ Good luck” The driver whispered as the team headed for the tree-line, cautiously making their way up the laneway towards the buildings they had seen previously.
                                “ Thanks... keep in touch” John replied, flicking his headset on and making sure everyone had a copy. They all nodded as his voice came through their earpieces, ensuring they all had comms. Whether it would remain that way was another thing entirely. If this building was that heavily shielded it could block a transponder, there was no doubt it could cause havoc with their radios.
                                As they neared the buildings John wished he’d been able to bring a life signs detector with him. Those things came in very handy on Atlantis, but the SGC hadn’t had time to request one through the Stargate in the moments before their rescue mission had departed. Looks like he’d had to do things the old fashioned way.
                                Catching the attention of 2 of his men as the buildings came into sign John indicated the location he wanted them to move, motioning for them to head around the back of the building and secure any exits. They nodded and split from the rest of the team, disappearing around the side of the dilapidated building within moments. John drew to a halt himself, peeking around a corner before heading towards the only entrance he could see, trying to remain as concealed as possible.
                                A blood curdling scream tore his attention away from surveillance, chilling him to his very core. That scream could only belong to one person….Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X