Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    He is too close to Teyla for my own good. LOL.
    *shudders*

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    So is Ronon. LOL.
    *snickers*

I would rather have John and Ronon cuddle than John and Teyla cuddle.
    Amen to that!

Yeah, I know the feeling. So far I've only watched the SCB thingy on the S4 DVDs and I don't know when I'll get around to watching the episodes I missed (most of them). I don't know ... I refuse to read anything without Carson or Elizabeth in it. It isn't the same.
    It totally isn't the same. And I still haven't even bought the S4 DVDs. Probably the only way I will is if they do a series boxset with new extras that weren't included with the season sets (like they did when they released the SG-1 series set).
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      EDIT: OMG GW is finally back to normal speed for me. It only took FOREVER.
      The forum was actually offline for a little while this evening... I was getting a 500 Internal Server Error message. I guess they finally got rid of that damn ad that was slowing everything down.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Probably the only way I will is if they do a series boxset with new extras that weren't included with the season sets (like they did when they released the SG-1 series set).
        I hope so too. I want more S1-S3 extras, and by "more" I mean "every damn thing they have in their archive". I want giggly-Torri bloopers and the cut Carson/Teyla kiss.

Comment

Common Ground Discussion Questions:

1) Were you glad to see Kolya again? Why or why not?

Hell yeah! He was one of SGA's most compelling villains, and always a great personal foil to Sheppard and Weir.

2) The Atlantis crew were particularly harsh to 'guest' Ladon Radim, despite the fact that he came to Atlantis willingly under peril to his own safety. Did you approve of the Atlantis attitude towards him as CG progressed?

Yes. They had little to no reason to trust him, especially considering his own less-than-stellar previous dealings with Atlantis and the fact that someone in Radim's own inner circle was also in on Kolya's little party.

3) Do you think the torture method used on John was rather brutal? Good or bad for an SGA episode?

Very good! It upped the stakes and took the episode down a dark road in a way that we should have seen more often on the show as a whole.

4) Though we've had other 'talking' wraith in the past, he-who-would-be-named-Todd was the first we've seen as a 'true' potential ally, and with a reasonable attitude. Did you like this shift in the story or would you prefer all wraith remain traitors and villains?

I like Todd. His presence makes the Wraith less of a faceless cardboard cutout and more of a real and complex enemy.

5) Though we've seen a few Elizabeth&Ronon scenes here and there, Common Ground takes time to add both tension and commiseration to their relationship. What is your perception of their relationship after CG, and how does it differ from before the episode?

I think CG goes hand in hand with Coup d'Etat for building Elizabeth and Ronon's relationship. Most of the time, we hardly ever see them interact (save for them both being present for briefings where they're only in the same room, but they don't say anything to each other), but in these two episodes, they seem to almost possess the same instinctive awareness of each other's moods and line of thinking that Elizabeth and John share. In John's absence, Elizabeth turns to Ronon as John's second-in-command and Ronon turns to Elizabeth as his commander, and they both trust each other as they do John.

6) Elizabeth is presented as a hard-nosed leader in this episode--most particularly in the unspoken authorization to Ronon to kill Kolya first chance he got. Did you like this turn of her character?

Hell yeah! It's a reminder that Elizabeth is no wimpy little pushover. She's got steel and guts, and she's not afraid to take out a threat to her people.

7) Did you like the twist of the Wraith having the ability to restore life to people? Neat plot device or cheesy?

Neat plot device. It adds some needed explanation for why people would become Wraith worshippers (the reward of being regenerated for being a good little minion), and it just makes sense that if Wraith can suck life out of someone, it can also go in reverse.

8) Should Kolya have died in this episode?

Nope. I like how he always managed to escape; it was a part of why we all love to hate him so much. At some point, he'd have to die, because letting him get away indefinitely would've gotten boring... but not for a couple more seasons.

9) Do you approve of John's having let Todd go? Realistically, was this a wise decision?

It probably wasn't a wise decision at the time. But on the other hand, it enabled the "you don't know much about Wraith"/"you don't know much about humans" parallel in the episode, and it's opened up a very useful, if not always trustworthy, line of communication with the Wraith.

10) We all gripe that CG isn't a 'perfect' SGA episode because there was no Weir/Sheppard scene after his rescue. Bearing in mind that such a scene would have to time out at about a minute or less for episode-length purposes--and keeping in mind that the great turnabout scene of the Wraith saving John/John releasing the Wraith flows nicely--how would you have ended it in canon?

I think a combination of SR's and gateraid's ideas would work best given the limit on running time for each episode. But oh, I would so love a kiss like Anuna suggested... *sighs*

Comment

Does anyone have a good pic of Elizabeth that would fit in the group shot? I already rearranged Teyla. lol. I just can't seem to find a good pic of Elizabeth.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I hope so too. I want more S1-S3 extras, and by "more" I mean "every damn thing they have in their archive". I want giggly-Torri bloopers and the cut Carson/Teyla kiss.
              YES! I want S1-S3 bloopers, darnit! And not some silly little two minutes of stuff with the producers breaking in and making stupid comments, either. I want at least five minutes' worth for each season, and no boring producers doing the talking head thing.

Comment

**omgflail**

click

ELIZABETH SHOULD BE THERE. And SHE should be cuddling with John, wtf.
                Someone remind me why I loathe new and improved SGA?

Oh yes. Because family shouldn't be left behind. *angry*
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

YES! I want S1-S3 bloopers, darnit! And not some silly little two minutes of stuff with the producers breaking in and making stupid comments, either. I want at least five minutes' worth for each season, and no boring producers doing the talking head thing.
                  I want Sparky bloopers!!!!

Comment

I would rather have John and Ronon cuddle than John and Teyla cuddle.

Comment

**cough**Gero**cough** We're looking at you.

Erm, good Elizabeth pic? There's lots of good ones of those, like on the balcony.

*sporks McKay and Keller* Woolsey and his new girlfriend, go somewhere else. McKay, tell Keller to leave or she goes over the edge. Teyla, go cuddle with Carson; you're too close to John for my liking. John, go cuddle Lizzeh once she gets here. Kate, descend, now. Now where the hell is Radek?

Comment

Oh but guys you know what this means? It means McKeller is sadly canon but certain other ship with senile eye$ex isn't. They're bro and sis like they should be. Neener - neener.

Comment

**cough**Gero**cough** We're looking at you.
                          Don't leave Mallozzi out; he was getting in the way of the bloopers too.

*sporks McKay and Keller* Woolsey and his new girlfriend, go somewhere else. McKay, tell Keller to leave or she goes over the edge. Teyla, go cuddle with Carson; you're too close to John for my liking. John, go cuddle Lizzeh once she gets here. Kate, descend, now. Now where the hell is Radek?
                          And Lorne!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Oh but guys you know what this means? It means McKeller is sadly canon but certain other ship with senile eye$ex isn't. They're bro and sis like they should be. Neener - neener.
                            Non-existent eye!sex. It's about as cold as the Arctic Ocean between those two... *snickers and high-fives Anuna*

Comment

Non-existent eye!sex. It's about as cold as the Arctic Ocean between those two... *snickers and high-fives Anuna*
                              Yes exactly. The best eye$es award of the century goes to Sparky. Hehhehe!

And whom does Teyla like? Well, not John.

That's only one of many examples and many men as I've heard Reiko, can we have some Emmet?

Comment

In canon?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X