Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carterslave
    Word to what Oma-1 said. Major 'word.' I just got done watching Upgrades & Anise just made me want to crawl under my chair. 'Tacky' doesn't begin to cover it. (Although it was almost worth it for Teryl Rothery's kaleidescope of disdainful/incredulous expressions.)

On another front: Why are the Region 1 DVDs so 'bare bones' as far as extras as concerned, while the Region 2 discs have all manner of 'goodies'?
    And is there any hope of incorporating the deleted scenes that are sometimes including on the SciFi Channel's Web pages?
    (If a 'special edition' DVD rerelease is ever contemplated, there are plenty of bells & whistles that still can be added.)
    Sorry. I have no control over DVD content. I'm the guy who suggested they include outtakes. Let me know when they finally make their way onto an Extras menu.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      I've got a few questions that will more than likely fall into the STUPID QUESTION category...but what the hey...I've been wondering about them for a while now.

1. At the end of Upgrades, Jack ordered Teal'c to take Daniel to the gate and told Carter to come with him. My question is...where the heck were they going? They had already planted the C-4 and the coolant pipes were already set to blow (Carter had already pointed out how little time they had left). What else were they supposed to have accomplished that they couldn't leave with Teal'c and Daniel? (Or was there real no reason and that sequence was necessary just to set up the cool lead in scene for Divide and Conquer)?

- To be honest, I don't remember that particular sequence. You could wait until I rescreen the episode to get your answer or you could ask Robert Cooper and Brad Wright at their upcoming con appearance in London.

2. I'm a huge fan of the show (thus the username ÜberSG-1Fan) and practically know each ep by heart...and I've noticed something fairly consistently that makes me scratch my head. Okay...typical scenario: SG-1's in a hurry and rushing for the gate...Daniel starts dialing the 7 symbols and as soon as he pushes the great big red button in the middle, we get the kawoosh...but no spinning. Why is it that offworld gates don't seem to spin when we're dialing out? I mean if our guys are running for their lives, which is what they're doing most of the time, there's no way they could wait for the spinning anyway...but even in eps when we only hear the dialing sequence...like in Demons...there's still no spinning noises, just dialing and kawooshing sounds (okay, Demons is not the best example due to the unfortunate extra dialing sound...but stay with me here if you could please). If the answer is "because we don't have our own DHD" then does that mean that Stargates aren't supposed to spin naturally? What am I missing here?

You're not missing anything. The fact is, some off-world gates do spin. Others don't. If you check, you'll see that we've been fairly consistent in our inconsistency.

3. And lastly, how do we know for a fact that the Foothold alien impersonating Daniel Jackson really expired? All we have is Maybourne's word for it...
      Mary Beth
      What? You don't trust Maybourne?

Comment

Originally posted by Imac
        Hey Mr M
        Have you ever read Chariots of the Gods?
        Do you frequent any other online boards?
        Nope and not really.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Hi, Joe! I saw the following post from a fellow "shipper" today, and thought the emotion was so raw that you should see it. Many people who post on the "Sam & Jack" and "Sam's a great character" threads feel you're a shipper. I'm not sure, but this person's post seemed so heartfelt that I wanted to make sure you saw it.

My question: can you promise us a happy ending for this wonderful pair?

Thanks!
          Truth is, I can't promise a happy ending for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Saqqara
            I had asked Martin Gero this Question and he posts it's actually a question for Joe so here goes

I'm working on an SG-1 book at the moment and even tho I have a degree in Ancient Civilizations/Religions I did tons and tons of research for the characters, and without deviating from what all you had originally outlined, how much time do you all actually spend on researching say a character like Baal?
            The amount of research that goes into a goa'uld depends on the amount of backstory/mythology we'd be looking to explore in a given episode. In the case of Baal, we have yet to fully explore his Canaanite background.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I've already pestered poor Martin with this question, but figured it'd only be fair to go to the source: Joe, 'fess up- are you a Furling?? It would explain a lot.
              Did Martin say I was a Furling?! He promised he wouldn't say anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                Dear Joe

Do you think the producers will use some women writers in season 9 SG1 ?!!

because I think it needs it to make more sense of the ship in the show

It screams for it really

Caty
                To be perfectly honest, we have auditioned several female writers over the past couple of years.

Comment

There were a lot of episodes in S8 that featured one or two characters, and not as many that had the whole team together solving a problem. Will S9 follow the same pattern or will it be more team-oriented like the earlier seasons were?

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                    To be perfectly honest, we have auditioned several female writers over the past couple of years.
                    I notice that you're on now. Hi!

It would be interesting to have an episode that focuses on the lives of some of the women in Stargate Command. To tell you the truth, I can't think of any except Carter and Lexa Doig's new character. I'm not suggesting "Soap Opera" stuff, just an episode showing women doing wonderful, heroic things. Will we have any episodes like this?
                    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Hi Joe,

Are the secondary military roles written for a minor character (eg. Reynolds or Pierce) or are they written unspecifically and just filled in with whomever can work that week?

Comment

Hi Joe, did you always intend to go for the Deus ex machina ending to "Full Alert", or was there a longer ending planned?

Comment

This may be a stupid question, but isn't there a way to increase RDA's involvment with S9? I was thinknig along the lines of writing a whole load of scenes for several episodes, then, if you can only get him for time equivilant to shoot a single episode, instead shoot a whole series of these scenes, which can then be inserted into episodes throughout the season, for the same amount of shooting time.

Unless, of course, the episode in question is the one all S/J shippers are waiting for.

Thanks
                          -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
                          -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
                          -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Hi Joe,

you probably know that Ben Browder wrote 2 BRILILANT episodes for "Farscape" series (Season 3 "Green Eyed Monster" and Season 4 "John Quixote"). Are you going to invite him to the writers' office on SG-1?

Comment

Can you give us some more information about "The Order"? plot? episode number? I only know that Harrid and Sallis will return, and Bratac will guest star.

Comment

Hey Joe,

I heard the other day that the show, "Joan of Arcadia," was cancelled. Although I feel bad that Michael Welch doesn't have that full-time gig anymore, I would imagine it might free him up to return to SG-1 as young Jack. Any word on his availability, and any plans to write another young Jack storyline if he is free to return to the SG-1 set?

Also, my favorite computer game ever is a game called Star Control II that was released in 1992. Interestingly enough I find a lot of similarities between characters/storylines in the game and characters/storylines in SG-1 (i.e. The Ancients/The Precursors, the Goa'uld/the Dnyarri, the Jaffa/the Ur-Quan). So my question is, "Have any of you writers ever played this game? And if you have, do you think that consciously or subconsciously you may have picked up on these characters when writing for the show?"
                                Last edited by The Mighty Musnud; 21 May 2005, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X