Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joe

Just a quick one. I apologise if this has been asked before.

Is the character of Jay Felger going to make it into season 9?
    Even for everyone just to take the Pi*s out of him.

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions.

Tpe78

Comment

Hi Joe
      I was wondering if we will be seeing a flashback show this year.

And will we be seeing and episode where it is just the team going out to another planet having nothing to do the main storyline.

Who will be the commanding officer of SG-1
      i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Hey Joe,

I was wondering if there was any interesting tidbits of information about the episodes Avalon I & II you could pass along onto the fans. It seems that we know very little about the season opener then we do about the other upcoming episodes and in my opinion this is the most important one as it introduces both Browder's and Bridge's characters as well as explaining the absence of Carter and O'Neill.

I'm very excited for this upcoming season as I'm sure many other people are... Anything you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

Ace
        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Any chance we will see a new evolution of the Asgard this season?
          -Five minutes sir?
          -Oh Yeah.

Comment

Hey Joe,

It’s me again, sorry, but I thought of another question for you! =) What has happened to General Hammond, last year TPTB promoted him to Lieutenant General and give him this big fancy position as the Head of Homeworld Security. It has been rumored that O'Neill is now taking over that position in Season 9...

Wouldn't it have been easier, and a bit more logical, to say that O'Neill took the job of DEPUTY Head of Homeworld Security under General Hammond. After all a 1 star taking over for a 3 star is a bit unusual, even when considering O'Neill's amazing resume. =)

If he hasn't fallen off the face of the Earth, is it possible we will see a guest appearance from Mr. Davis?

Very Respectfully,

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Joe, I had to think for awhile, but finally came up with a question that I don't THINK has been asked before.

I know you've been asked if you guys look at storylines and plot ideas online and use them and the answer is no, which I can understand because of the risk of being sued for using it without compensation.

Along the same lines, what about technology ideas? Not so much for new technology, but rather explanations for how things might work and what the physics behind them might be, etc. Have you ever used any technical explanations for the science behind something in the show on the show or used it indirectly in the plot (eg knowing how it works, you get an idea for a new plot device). If yes, can you give any specific examples?

Comment

Hi Joe,
                I was just wondering about the status of Claudia Black and her character Vala. Any chance we will see her again later in the season? And how has she been to work with?

Thank you,

D

Comment

Originally posted by tpe78
                  Is the character of Jay Felger going to make it into season 9?
                  Tpe78
                  And his co-worker?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeWilliamHutchison
                    What will the credit line up be this season...
                    Will the line up be...
                    STARGATE SG-1
                    Ben Browder
                    Amanda Tapping
                    Christopher Judge
                    Beau Bridges
                    and Michael Shanks as "Dr. Daniel Jackson"
                    How about
                    STARGATE SG-1
                    Amanda Tapping
                    Christopher Judge
                    Michael Shanks
                    Don S. Davis
                    Teryl Rothery
                    Special Guest Star Richard Dean Anderson
                    and Johnny-come-latelys
                    ?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeWilliamHutchison
                      What will the credit line up be this season and will Amanda Tapping be credited in the line-up during her meternity leave.
                      Will the line up be...
                      STARGATE SG-1
                      Ben Browder
                      Amanda Tapping
                      Christopher Judge
                      Beau Bridges
                      and Michael Shanks as "Dr. Daniel Jackson"
                      My money is on this, but I would like to know if RDA's name will still be used for marketing purposes and still appear before the show name?

(Hoping you didn't miss my question about Col. Dixon )

My Favorite Jayne Quotes:
                      "Time for some thrilling heroics."
                      "These are stone killers, little man. They ain't cuddly like me."
                      "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in ruttin' command."
                      "I'll be in my bunk."

Comment

hey Joe,

my question is where do you come up with such unique names? do you look up foreign dictionaries or what? coz you guys have to come up with several for almost every episode. so what's your inspiration?
                        Save us from danger, save us from evil
                        Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Hey Joe
                          I was wondering, in Reckoning did the device activate all stargates everywhere or only the ones in our galaxy?
                          Have you ever considered exploring alien zoology and perhaps even agriculture?

Comment

Further on names, and possibly for the legal advisors:

What is the objective /need for legal clearance of character names? I have made some assumptions but would like to know the "industry standard" explanation.

(I have a vague feeling this has been asked and answered sometime in the last three years. If so, I've forgotten the answer and don't have time to research the many bulletin boards /chat or con transcripts that might contain the response.)

All the best!
                            Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Originally posted by tmp23

Thank you Mr. Mallozzi for giving us a linguist who actually speaks a different language on screen, will we see more of this?
                              - If the need arises for Daniel to speak a different language, he certainly will.
                              Does Mr. Wright still pitch idea's for SG1? (after "Lifeboat") or just for SGA now?
                              - Brad is still very much involved in SG-1, sitting in on all of the story meetings and providing notes for all of the scripts and cuts. The script I'm working on new, Convergence, developed out of an idea he pitched out last year.
                              "The Ties That Bind" sounds like an interesting episode, was it written mostly by yourself and Mr. Mullie? Or were idea's also contributed by other writers?
                              - The writing department as a whole has a hand in developing all of the stories you see onscreen. In the case of Ties That Bind, Paul and I wrote the script.
                              Can a Director change the lines in a script if he thinks it is appropriate?
                              - Sure. Although they usually check with us first.
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 28 May 2005, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                                I belive that the stargate converts matter into energy at the event horizon, transports the energy through the wormhole along with the information of the matter that was dematerialized, then it is rematerialized at the second event horizon on the recieving gate.

However Jarnin believes that the Stargate breaks matter down into its constituent atoms, and transports it through the wormhole, along with the information of that matter. Then at the event horizon of the recieving gate, it is put back into its original form.

If you could clear this up for us, it would be greatly appreciated.
                                In all fairness, this one is a Brad Wright question. Engage him in a conversation on wormhole physics and he'll talk your ear off.

Comment

Working...
                                X