Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    This morning, about 30 minutes after I write and post this, NASA will try some real life science 83-million miles away from Earth. A probe launched from Earth will attempt to intercept a passing comet. As they meet, the Earth probe will launch a second, smaller (about the size of a washing machine) probe into the comet to gather info about what comets are really made of.

Scientists believe that comets are actually dirty balls of ice hurtling through space, and that they pick up other debris along the way. This is our first chance to gather data on the elements, minerals, etc., that are in comets. The mission has been described as one bullet intercepting a second bullet in mid-air, as one of the guns tries to fire another bullet into the mix.

Obviously, this is exciting stuff, and I thought other sci-fi fans might want to know. If you'd like to know more, you can go to www.nasa.gov. Once there, go to the search bar and enter "Deep Impact Project." The search engine should take you to the project's home page. If it works, photos should be posted there sometime on Monday.
    Yep and it was a success! I was a bit worried though that they may have to call in Sam and team to correct the trajectory if it started hurtling towards Earth!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      Congrats on the post 1100 ChopinGal !
      You're not driving me crazy, you know.
      Itried to apply your suggestions on the last versions. Here are one with the Earth patch and one with the Stargate. And I have all the variations if you want to vote. By the way this is going, I think I'm going to have one for each season ! Maybe the ninth version will be the right one.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag5.jpg
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag6.jpg
      Omigosh - Flag 5 is just stupendous! The beauty of Sam surrounded by kindness and blue jello! What more could we ask?!

Let's have our fellow Samandans start to respond to what you've been doing ... but #5 is really sterling (in my book)!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
        Aah ! No ! Don't give up ! Please ! The more the merrier ! I want my hat to fit my head, and if anyone keeps praising my little attempts at Photoshop, my head is going to explode soon !
        Aha ... but you're a pharmacist ... so, take two aspirin in the morning and call us if your head (and ego) expand any more!!

We also have a resident psychiatrist around to help you deal with all this Samandan praise and adulation!

BTW - the Kingdom can use a good apothecary - may we add you to the Royal Roll Call as Royal Pharmacist?!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
          I haven't totally given up, just switched gears. Since we have a kingdom, a queen, a citizen population and shortly, a flag I thought perhaps we could use a family crest/coat of arms/plague (I don't know what to call it!)

Anyway, I hope to post something tomorrow (oops, I guess that's actually today)!
          What a productive Samandan weekend: motto, flag, and coat of arms!

Whee! Can't wait to see the designs for the Samandan coat-of-arms!

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
            Double congratulations to Atteria, first for a successful recovery from surgery and secondly for making an SG-1/Sam fan out of her husband.
            God willing, etc., I should be at the Burbank Creation event, although Teryl Rothery's 11th-hour cancellation (something about landing a role in a TV pilot) really took the air out of my tires. It may be heresy to say this on a Sam-centric thread but if Teryl weren't on the bill I wouldn't have booked the trip to start with. Besides, I don't know if I'm ready to handle meeting The Blonde One face-to-face yet. I'd probably have a very, very bad fanbody moment.
            Anyway, wish me luck.
            CS, first of all ... are you in touch with Atteria and know for sure that her surgery has been completed and all is well? I thought it was happening later this month. Please keep us all in touch and send well wishes to our dear Royal Baker!

Secondly, does a "very bad fanbody moment" = an out-of-body experience?!

Third, get thee to the fanfiction archives and start reading Strix's latest, Ten Thousand Suns, as a panacea for missing TR at the con!

Comment

i think it's very possible that amanda will bring olivia to the con, but we wont' see her. the little princess will likely stay in the green room with her nanny

i don't blame amanda for being cautious. rda has been of wylie, in fact, i think all the boys have been of thier children. i don't recall ever seeing any pics of any of thier kids (even though i may have missed them, i dont' hang much in the daniel side of the fandom)

i remember when rda was on wayne brady. he had wylie with him and the camera got a shot of her. then the audience applauded and she got scared and ran up into daddy's arms and his remark was 'your mother is going to kill me'

they try to keep thier kids private.

especially in amanda's case, i don't blame her. she's had some very real stalkers at cons. even a few years ago, before security became an issue, she had to have 'real' security folks accompany her because she had a couple of overenthusiastic fans
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                What a productive Samandan weekend: motto, flag, and coat of arms!

Whee! Can't wait to see the designs for the Samandan coat-of-arms!
                I don’t think this will qualify as a “coat of arms”. Everything I saw on the web had guns and swords and other unkind things. Of course, I could have supplied guns and swords, but Samanda is such a friendly and kind place I decided to decline.

As I said to Lys earlier, I don’t know what this should be called. I guess the closest is a plaque. Anyway, here it is and I look forward to suggestions for improvement! I hope to be able to keep up with Lys….

Samanda Plaque

Thanks to Kat for the Kingdom pic and Astrog for the gate and jello! Couldn't have done this without their help.
                Last edited by SamFan31; 13 July 2005, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I don’t think this will qualify as a “coat of arms”. Everything I saw on the web had guns and swords and other unkind things. Of course, I could have supplied guns and swords, but Samanda is such a friendly and kind place I decided to decline.

As I said to Lys earlier, I don’t know what this should be called. I guess the closest is a plaque. Anyway, here it is and I look forward to suggestions for improvement! I hope to be able to keep up with Lys….

Samanda Plaque

Thanks to Kat for the Kingdom pic and Astrog for the gate and jello! Couldn't have done this without their help.
                  Oh this is cool, this is very cool! It looks very realistic and I can see it hanging on the castle walls already! Great job! Let's wait for more input from fellow Samandans ....

Comment

Samanda Plaque

that is a gorgous plaque!!!

wonderful job
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Oh this is cool, this is very cool! It looks very realistic and I can see it hanging on the castle walls already! Great job! Let's wait for more input from fellow Samandans ....
                      Castle ? Castle ? Do we have a castle ? If not we absolutely need one for our Queen.

SamFan, I love your plaque ! It's really beautiful. One thing you could add to make it seem like real arms is a crown on the top and some figures on the sides to support the plaque (maybe the guys of SG1 )

Here are examples of what I mean. I'm not sure I can explain it very well. I'm not an expert on heraldry.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...G/Carentan.gif
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...co20blason.jpg (imagine the guys of SG1 instead of the monks here ! )

And here's a royal crown for Her Majesty :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...dar-anjou2.jpg
                      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

In the spirit of Samanda ... let me share some photos of a bonafide castle and tower I was visiting last September ... should anyone find these helpful to use towards your graphic designs or layouts, please feel free to copy and adapt!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904142.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904143.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904079.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...dII0904074.jpg

I have more of the castle from different angles and please PM or email me if you want to work with some of these as layouts! I can then send a couple more views on to you.

This is fun, isn't it?! We're building Samanda!!!
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 04 July 2005, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Samanda Plaque

Wow, that is one great... well, work of art!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            i think it's very possible that amanda will bring olivia to the con, but we wont' see her. the little princess will likely stay in the green room with her nanny

i don't blame amanda for being cautious. rda has been of wylie, in fact, i think all the boys have been of thier children. i don't recall ever seeing any pics of any of thier kids (even though i may have missed them, i dont' hang much in the daniel side of the fandom)

i remember when rda was on wayne brady. he had wylie with him and the camera got a shot of her. then the audience applauded and she got scared and ran up into daddy's arms and his remark was 'your mother is going to kill me'

they try to keep thier kids private.

especially in amanda's case, i don't blame her. she's had some very real stalkers at cons. even a few years ago, before security became an issue, she had to have 'real' security folks accompany her because she had a couple of overenthusiastic fans
                            Sky, you're absolutely right. I'm sure AT will travel with baby because of the nursing issue (although there is a way to handle that from a distance - I'm familiar with this stuff from my own daughter and daughter-in-law). But I would think the nanny and baby will be there behind the scenes.

Security is the #1 issue and safety of the "celebrity kiddies". It's a crazy world we live in and AT's right on about the "lack of kindness" factor. Some fans get so caught up and almost obsess about their idols that they then extend that to star's family too. I remember seeing a "celebrity babies" website a while back which had to be closed down because photos kept popping up without the permission of the stars. It was a glaring breach of boundaries and you couldn't blame the stars, themselves, for saying no.

As much as we would all love to see this beautiful baby, we can also understand and respect AT's privacy too. She'll decide when to share a pic or two if possible. What a job to land ... I wonder who really is Olivia's nanny?!

Comment

Let it henceforth be known that our new Samandan, Lys, has accepted the royal position of Pharmacist and will be running the apothecary shoppe in the kingdom. And, in honor of her return, Lida has been reappointed to her former position of Royal Physician and Therapist.

The changes have been made to the Royal Roll Call found listed at top of Page 442.

In order to allow kindness its constant reign in the kingdom, we will not be accepting nor filling any positions in organized-health care or claims adjustment. The only "HMO" allowed will be the Royal Physician's or Pharmacist's report that "Her Majesty's Okay".

Comment

Thank goodness the forums are back up! The Royal Researcher was just bursting to post this! Darren must have discovered they were down when he posted the new TV Guide covers to the GW home page a little while ago. Thanks, Darren!

Here is the cover featuring our Queen. I would prefer it if BB was standing slightly behind her, but.....

If you want to see the others (3 of the four are posted), go to:
                                http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...fifriday.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                X