Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I just had a scare that is about as off-topic as it gets...but I wanted to share it my Samandan friends.

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.
    ((((((Uber)))))

Big hugs to you and your family. I can't imagine how hard it was for little Ezra's parents.
    I'm really glad to hear that he will be allright.
    And yes, medicine helps really with acid reflux until it gets better.
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Ok, this is wildly OT... but your avatar gatebee - everytime I see it, it always looks to me as if Sam is doing something naughty to Jack...
      And If you look at Jack, he seems to be quite enjoying it.

Comment

Happy Birthday 1speed4sam !

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          leave it to amanda (again) to be the one to acknowledge rda participation.

sally

You know, I'm not sure if TPTB realize how much of a little pep squad they have in Amanda. Because more than anything, it's her genuine kindness and wanting to make everyone feel welcomed and appreciated that has made the show seem so close knit to me.

With other shows, when someone leaves you always seem to hear about the animosity that surrounded the set while that person was a part of the show, and yet with Amanda, she always goes out of her way to express the positive contributions that each person made/makes. She did it with Michael, Cormin, David and she's doing it yet again with RDA. It's for this reason that I admire her so deeply.

It's very easy for each of us to see the negative aspects of life when we are down or frustrated. I know, I for one, am very much like this; but Amanda seems to have this wonderful ability to look past the negatives and find something good in almost every situation. Even when people constantly push the negatives in her face, via questions/interviews, she will often agree that they exist and yet offer a positive side as well. I truly commend her for being such a uplifting and genuinely thoughtful person. I can't express how much she has changed my views on life itself since I began to learn about her.

I know many people look at Sam Carter and see this wonderful role model, a strong and intelligent woman who has achieved and done more than most of us have ever dreamt; and yet when I look deep down inside myself and think of all the things I wished I had become or done, nothing seems as important to me as wishing I were more compassionate, understanding, giving, nuturing and loving.

Try as I might, I feel as if it's a daily struggle to improve these aspects of myself. And yet just when I feel as if I might give up, I need only look at Amanda and see her genuine kindness towards others and all my doubts seem to go away. It's as if she's become this beacon of hope that makes me want to strive a bit harder, to reach down a bit deeper and become the person I know I'm truly capable of becoming.

This may seem very silly to others, but over the past year there has been one thing about myself that I have tried desperately to change. It's such a tiny, little thing; and yet I never realized until I had become so captivated by Amanda how much it could change my life... and that was simply to greet each new day with a smile upon my face. It seemed like such a simple request at first. Smile. Yes, it's easy enough to make yourself smile at will. To smile at your child, your spouse, the mailman...the clerk at the grocery store. Perhaps I am in the minority but to remove the perpetual frown from my face and replace it with a smile has been a very hard task to accomplish, but I'm finding it's well worth it.

So I'll just tack 'smile' down to the long list of things of why I truly admire Amanda.

A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give. ~Unknown

Comment

1speed4sam you turn _ _ today!
            WOW!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
              I am truly sorry to hear about the postponement. You say you have a "very cute doc"? Does that mean your surgeon is:

(The temptation was too great to resist!)
              Oh you naughty man ... I'm ROTFLOL ... keep reading Ten Thousand Suns is all I can say!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                You know, I'm not sure if TPTB realize how much of a little pep squad they have in Amanda. Because more than anything, it's her genuine kindness and wanting to make everyone feel welcomed and appreciated that has made the show seem so close knit to me.

With other shows, when someone leaves you always seem to hear about the animosity that surrounded the set while that person was a part of the show, and yet with Amanda, she always goes out of her way to express the positive contributions that each person made/makes. She did it with Michael, Cormin, David and she's doing it yet again with RDA. It's for this reason that I admire her so deeply.

It's very easy for each of us to see the negative aspects of life when we are down or frustrated. I know, I for one, am very much like this; but Amanda seems to have this wonderful ability to look past the negatives and find something good in almost every situation. Even when people constantly push the negatives in her face, via questions/interviews, she will often agree that they exist and yet offer a positive side as well. I truly commend her for being such a uplifting and genuinely thoughtful person. I can't express how much she has changed my views on life itself since I began to learn about her.

I know many people look at Sam Carter and see this wonderful role model, a strong and intelligent woman who has achieved and done more than most of us have ever dreamt; and yet when I look deep down inside myself and think of all the things I wished I had become or done, nothing seems as important to me as wishing I were more compassionate, understanding, giving, nuturing and loving.

Try as I might, I feel as if it's a daily struggle to improve these aspects of myself. And yet just when I feel as if I might give up, I need only look at Amanda and see her genuine kindness towards others and all my doubts seem to go away. It's as if she's become this beacon of hope that makes me want to strive a bit harder, to reach down a bit deeper and become the person I know I'm truly capable of becoming.

This may seem very silly to others, but over the past year there has been one thing about myself that I have tried desperately to change. It's such a tiny, little thing; and yet I never realized until I had become so captivated by Amanda how much it could change my life... and that was simply to greet each new day with a smile upon my face. It seemed like such a simple request at first. Smile. Yes, it's easy enough to make yourself smile at will. To smile at your child, your spouse, the mailman...the clerk at the grocery store. Perhaps I am in the minority but to remove the perpetual frown from my face and replace it with a smile has been a very hard task to accomplish, but I'm finding it's well worth it.

So I'll just tack 'smile' down to the long list of things of why I truly admire Amanda.

A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give. ~Unknown
                And, dear Kat, I'm smiling big-time just reading your beautiful post and tribute to AT. It is so true ... the world is not a very happy place at times and we can choose to be a part of the problem or a part of the solution.

Lovely thoughts and thank you for being so refreshingly honest!

Hic Comitas Regit

This motto really does fit our Queen and her loyal Samandan citizens too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Happy Birthday 1speed4sam !

What a terrific birthday photo! Captures 1speed's adventurous nature!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                    Hi all and sorry for being ot, i've bought speakers for my pc and i was wondering if any of you might have links for any interviews that Amanda has done on video or audio, also i've seen screen caps of the movie Stuck would you have the link for that please?
                    Oh and any Sam and Jack music videos would be lovely too
                    Thanking you while i jump up and down waiting to hear as well as see Amanda on my pc lol!
                    Hey Tara, I don't have any links to interviews or anything, but Astro has posted links to a great bunch of music videos here:
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/599721/

Enjoy!

Hugs,
                    Strix

My LJ

Comment

The Royal Reporter just sent this bit of news in ... it seems that Jester and Royal Accountant are on their way to the Royal Security Headquarters with all the birthday mail for 1speed.

RA: "Here we go again, he's turning another year older and women keep throwing themselves at his feet."

Jester: "You know, I'm getting tired of lugging all this fan mail every year. Why do we always get the job?!"

RA: "I think it's because we've been known to hang out with the bloke off hours and help him get in gear, so to speak. So I guess we're seen as his associates in crime."

Jester: "Crime? What crime?! Blimey ... be careful what you say about the three of us ... security staff may get the wrong impression. Just because you had to use those mechanical restraints to anchor him for the viewing of Stargate reruns is no reason to be accused of a crime. I admit, I did supply the Fiddler's Elbow that night ... but it was all good clean fun! And he did not cycle under the influence ... when last seen, 1speed was sleeping it off with Hugo licking his face. Jolly good show!"

RA: "Damn ... this mailbag is heavier than my backpack. I don't envy his having to write back to all these gushing declarations of adulation and puppy love."

Jester: "Puppy love? I thought that was Hugo licking his face ...."

RA: "Sometimes, Jester, you are several beans short of a full jar."

Many Happy Returns of the Day to our Royal Guard!
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 06 July 2005, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Hi everybody *waves*

Thanks for the birthday greetings and cakes - I hope you're all going to help me eat them, otherwise there'll be bulges in my cycling shorts where there shouldn't oughta be any. Anyway, to celebrate the occasion, here's what could well be my first ON-TOPIC POST EVER!!!

*drum roll*

Yes, I'm pleased to announce that last night I finally reached the end of Season 1. It's taken a while, but I made it, and now can't wait to get stuck in to Season 2.

As somebody who doesn't watch much (if any) regular TV, I have to say my hopes have all been realised. At last, here's something I can happily sit down and watch, knowing I'm going to be entertained, exhilarated, and have my thoughts and emotions provoked. Admittedly (and this is probably going to sound very bloke-ish), I do tend to prefer those episodes which contain more in the way of flash-bang-wallop, weirdness and humour than *serious* emotional or shippy stuff (sorry all you shippers ), but you never know, now I've hit my mid-forties I might start to mature a wee bit, and crave more than just explosions and chuckles...

Favourite eps so far? In (hopefully) chronological order, I reckon "Broca Divide", "The Nox", "Tin Man" and "There But... ", with honourable mentions for "Fire and Water", "Bloodlines", "Singularity" and "Solitudes". And, er, "Hathor", of course...

Right, assuming anybody's still awake after all that, please help yourselves to cake (and a drop of something from the Royal Liquor Cabinet while the Royal Accountant's not looking ).

1s4S

Comment

EEK!

i'm glad little ezra's ok.

you know what's cool? Ezra was my gread grandfather's name
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Hi everybody *waves*

Thanks for the birthday greetings and cakes - I hope you're all going to help me eat them, otherwise there'll be bulges in my cycling shorts where there shouldn't oughta be any. Anyway, to celebrate the occasion, here's what could well be my first ON-TOPIC POST EVER!!!

*drum roll*

Yes, I'm pleased to announce that last night I finally reached the end of Season 1. It's taken a while, but I made it, and now can't wait to get stuck in to Season 2.

As somebody who doesn't watch much (if any) regular TV, I have to say my hopes have all been realised. At last, here's something I can happily sit down and watch, knowing I'm going to be entertained, exhilarated, and have my thoughts and emotions provoked. Admittedly (and this is probably going to sound very bloke-ish), I do tend to prefer those episodes which contain more in the way of flash-bang-wallop, weirdness and humour than *serious* emotional or shippy stuff (sorry all you shippers ), but you never know, now I've hit my mid-forties I might start to mature a wee bit, and crave more than just explosions and chuckles...

Favourite eps so far? In (hopefully) chronological order, I reckon "Broca Divide", "The Nox", "Tin Man" and "There But... ", with honourable mentions for "Fire and Water", "Bloodlines", "Singularity" and "Solitudes". And, er, "Hathor", of course...

Right, assuming anybody's still awake after all that, please help yourselves to cake (and a drop of something from the Royal Liquor Cabinet while the Royal Accountant's not looking ).

1s4S
                            My good man ... so glad to see that your indoctrination into all things Samanda and Stargate is coming along so well. However, do you really expect me to believe that your mind was on the weapons being fired in Broca Divide and not the Queen's locker-room scene?!

As to enjoying your birthday, please return to Post 10835 for the full scoop! You're going to be quite busy answering your fan mail!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Gulp!!! Lovely stuff, Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                My good man ... so glad to see that your indoctrination into all things Samanda and Stargate is coming along so well. However, do you really expect me to believe that your mind was on the weapons being fired in Broca Divide and not the Queen's locker-room scene?!

As to enjoying your birthday, please return to Post 10835 for the full scoop! You're going to be quite busy answering your fan mail!
                                The Queen had a locker-room scene?!!! I don't believe you - next thing, you'll be telling me she was wearing a tight-fitting skimpy top as well...

And I've seen Post 10835, thanks very much. Hope neither of you have strained yourself too much.

BTW, the picture wouldn't load - now, could that be because t'interweb's running ridiculously slowly round here, or because it isn't work-safe?

1s4S

Comment

Working...
                                X