Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys

Because you have accountants on Samanda?

Oh My God ! Look at the Aschens! They were from a planet of accountants!
    In defense of our dear Royal Accountant, Coley ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Gal/Mollem.jpg

Mollem: "I do not understand, Colonel Carter. What is it about your race of people?"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/IceSam3.jpg

Carter: "You just don't get it, do you, Mollem? There is more to life than just counting beans ...."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Accountant.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/IceSam2.jpg
    Last edited by ChopinGal; 04 July 2005, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Ahhh at last

HAPPY 4 JULY EVERYONE ACROSS THE POND. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

Comment

The Royal Accountant, Official Bean Counter of Samanda, atop Snowdonia! Definitely, a Sam Carter moment!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/Snowdon.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Let it henceforth be known that our new Samandan, Lys, has accepted the royal position of Pharmacist and will be running the apothecary shoppe in the kingdom. And, in honor of her return, Lida has been reappointed to her former position of Royal Physician and Therapist.

The changes have been made to the Royal Roll Call found listed at top of Page 442.

In order to allow kindness its constant reign in the kingdom, we will not be accepting nor filling any positions in organized-health care or claims adjustment. The only "HMO" allowed will be the Royal Physician's or Pharmacist's report that "Her Majesty's Okay".

I am most honored to once again be the Royal Physician and Therapist. I also would like to congratulate Lys on her appointment as Royal Pharmacist. I will certainly try and not keep her too busy.

I hope everyone who is in the states is having a great 4th! I was supposed to bring beer, but with the forum down and other things, I was unable until now. So, for those who like a cold one, you may now enjoy a beer, in moderation and only if you are NOT driving.

On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            i think it's very possible that amanda will bring olivia to the con, but we wont' see her. the little princess will likely stay in the green room with her nanny

i don't blame amanda for being cautious. rda has been of wylie, in fact, i think all the boys have been of thier children. i don't recall ever seeing any pics of any of thier kids (even though i may have missed them, i dont' hang much in the daniel side of the fandom)

i remember when rda was on wayne brady. he had wylie with him and the camera got a shot of her. then the audience applauded and she got scared and ran up into daddy's arms and his remark was 'your mother is going to kill me' they try to keep thier kids private.

especially in amanda's case, i don't blame her. she's had some very real stalkers at cons. even a few years ago, before security became an issue, she had to have 'real' security folks accompany her because she had a couple of overenthusiastic fans
            Very on-target, Sky. Some folks are just nuts, and the rest of us suffer for it with cumbersome rules, regulations and restrictions. But, that's true of our society as a whole.

I read your anecdote above with interest. What a cute story! I have seen several photos of RDA and Wylie, and she definitely got her dad's good looks! I didn't realize RDA had appeared with Wayne Brady. Do you suppose that's how Brady ended up playing a Jaffa in IGTBK?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              I've posted Chapter 2 of Ten-Thousand Suns at:
              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2454418/2/
              Now, I did mention that this is a Sam/Janet we're-going-to-confess-our-love-for-each-other story, right?
              Strix had this reader on tenterhooks from the get-go. I'm guessing this is a mid-S6 story? Bringing in Ascended!Daniel is a splendid inspiration, while the characterization of O'Neill is dead-on: bringing levity to a tense situation by playing around with his latest techno-toy (in this case, the remote video camera). Also, this is the *first* fanfic I've read that makes plot-related use of Janet's microscopic stature.
              Elsewhere, I've read that a lot of the post-S7 fanfics are slugged as "AU" only in the sense that Janet is still a character—b/c people don't want to stop writing for her. Awwwww! Hear that, PTB? We miss our little CMO.

Kudos to all the creativity displayed in the flag designs. I think we're going to need to have a vote-off or something. IMO, Lys started out w/ a really strong design but the addition/subtraction/rearrangement of various elements has meant that each subsequent iteration is a bit watered down, IMO. Strix's design seems to get stronger w/ each revision, OTOH. Is anyone else planning to enter the lists?

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Dear Samandans,

The Royal Pharmacist is very pleased to give you good news of Her Majesty.

It has been brought to our attention that Her Majesty follows a secret diet based on a special medicine.

Let say that Her Majesty is in a really cheerful mood and very good health and that Her main goal is to kick bad guys asses when She comes back to Her loyal Samandans in Beach Head.
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave

Kudos to all the creativity displayed in the flag designs. I think we're going to need to have a vote-off or something. IMO, Lys started out w/ a really strong design but the addition/subtraction/rearrangement of various elements has meant that each subsequent iteration is a bit watered down, IMO. Strix's design seems to get stronger w/ each revision, OTOH. Is anyone else planning to enter the lists?
                  Interesting opinion ... I'm wondering if it's a male/female perspective ... I like the toning down and rebuilding of the original design and think Flag #5 is the most aesthetically pleasing. Whereas, CS, you seem to favor the more bold look of Strix ...

Fellow Samandans ... oh yea, take a look at all the many great variations both Lys and Strix have been doing for flag design ... on past few pages ... and weigh in, like CS and I, on your favorite! What say?

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    I am most honored to once again be the Royal Physician and Therapist. I also would like to congratulate Lys on her appointment as Royal Pharmacist. I will certainly try and not keep her too busy.

I hope everyone who is in the states is having a great 4th! I was supposed to bring beer, but with the forum down and other things, I was unable until now. So, for those who like a cold one, you may now enjoy a beer, in moderation and only if you are NOT driving.

Indeed, this will go well with Royal Chef's bratwurst! However, I've already polished off a bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade and that's my quota for the holiday!

If you notice above ... our Queen is imbibing some royal liqueur of the gods herself! Hmm ... or was this a prescription of happy juice from the Royal Apothecary?!

Thanks for the good wishes, Lida, and glad to see you've accepted your former position.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                      Dear Samandans,

The Royal Pharmacist is very pleased to give you good news of Her Majesty.

It has been brought to our attention that Her Majesty follows a secret diet based on a special medicine.

Let say that Her Majesty is in a really cheerful mood and very good health and that Her main goal is to kick bad guys asses when She comes back to Her loyal Samandans in Beach Head.
                      ROFL....you all are too much. I've been reading through 4-5 pages of posts and laughing the whole time. I miss one day and it's like a week.

I can see the Royal pharmacist and I are going to work well together. My Latin is not very good anymore ( to be honest, it was NEVER very good), is that absolutely beautiful antique apothecary jar labeled Blue Liquid/fluid or Liquor???

To Chopingal and ForeverSg-1, sorry I missed your post milestones, so CONGRATS!!!!!!! a tad late.

SamFan31, Fantastic plaque.....better than a Coat of Arms!

And have we selected a flag yet? I thought 5 was a beaut! I haven't even tried to make one yet.

Maybe after dinner (I'm the chef tonight.....I love grilling), I'll make a feeble attempt at a flag.

Later, my fellow Samandans!
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I can see the Royal pharmacist and I are going to work well together. My Latin is not very good anymore ( to be honest, it was NEVER very good), is that absolutely beautiful antique apothecary jar labeled Blue Liquid/fluid or Liquor???
                        Dear Royal Physicist,

This beautiful apothecary jar is labeled "blue jello" thanks to my old Latin dictionnary and some Photoshoping.
                        I am very pleased and honoured that you're considering our association to work well. I hope we will both keep in a healthy state the Kingdom of Samanda.
                        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Any liquid assets remaining after the 4th celebrations can be deposited in the Royal Liqor cabinet after my, cough approval (I allow only the finest wines spirits and beers to be held as stock)!

Cheers to you all!!

Comment

In honor of U. S. Independence Day,
                            I thought I'd post a picture of our Queen in her dress blues.

(I posted this a little earlier, but deleted it until I could resize the photo. It was just too big.
                            So if you thought you saw it briefly, you did. Grrrrrr! Gotta get Photoshop installed on the home PC!)

Comment

ROFL....you all are too much. I've been reading through 4-5 pages of posts and laughing the whole time. I miss one day and it's like a week.

To Chopingal and ForeverSg-1, sorry I missed your post milestones, so CONGRATS!!!!!!! a tad late.

SamFan31, Fantastic plaque.....better than a Coat of Arms!

And have we selected a flag yet? I thought 5 was a beaut! I haven't even tried to make one yet.

Maybe after dinner (I'm the chef tonight.....I love grilling), I'll make a feeble attempt at a flag.

Later, my fellow Samandans!
                              Methinks, oh Royal Doc, with all that beer on your shelf, that the flag design may be a bit scattered tonight ....

However, like you, I vote for #5 from the Royal Pharmacist who, indeed, has some kind of "heavenly liqueur" that she's been peddling to our Queen! You may be called upon for some addictions counseling if this keeps up!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                Dear Royal Physicist,

This beautiful apothecary jar is labeled "blue jello" thanks to my old Latin dictionnary and some Photoshoping.
                                I am very pleased and honoured that you're considering our association to work well. I hope we will both keep in a healthy state the Kingdom of Samanda.
                                Holy Hannah ... I translated it as liquor of the gods! (Hic!)

Comment

Working...
                                X