No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi deepspace! (waves) You're not alone. I'm just catching up on all the overnight posts.(overnight for me, that is)

Here's another question and answer from Joe M.

Originally Posted by LOL4JACK
    Hi Joe,

Shipper here

We read over the weekend an interview from Amanda Tapping in a French magazine http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/telestar.jpg she was asked about Sam and Jack's relationship.

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT:However, waiting for Richard to come for one or two episodes, Samantha says to who wants to hear, that she is not single... for you to judge!

So my question is: Are Jack and Sam together as a couple in S9?

Thanks!

Joe’s answer:
    Hmmm. Maybe Amanda knows more than we do. Seriously though - if you're referring to the French article I think you're referring to, that quote could be translated either of two ways.

Looking ahead to season 9 however - I'm pleased to report that none of the stories we've done to date focus on Carter's romantic life.

NC

Comment

Hi guys.
      Sorry to sound so pathetic, it's just I'm used to this thread going so fast that I can't keep up!

And sorry Sky, I'll be having to go to bed in a while, it's getting late, so I probably won't be on in a few hours.

Interesting new Malozzi quote NC. Without meaning to be mean to the shippers, I won't at all mind if the emphasis is taken off of Sam's romantic life for a while. I never minded it, it just got a bit dominant over other story plots involving Sam.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

deepspace, I agree with you about avoiding ship for a while. It just seems to give the Sam-bashers too much ammunition.

Now I better go get ready for work. Only a couple more weeks of summer school, thank goodness, then I can start my summer vacation.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          Interesting new Malozzi quote NC. Without meaning to be mean to the shippers, I won't at all mind if the emphasis is taken off of Sam's romantic life for a while. I never minded it, it just got a bit dominant over other story plots involving Sam.
          Yeah I agree there. More Action!Sam I say
          Also:
          Originally posted by JMallozzi
          Originally posted by jckfan55
          Following up on this question: (I don't think this has been asked)will there be any scenes with Vala and Carter? If they overlap at all, I bet there could be some good interaction.
          thanks for your time.
          Yup. Check out Beach Head.
          Should be interesting...

What is even more tragic is that it's been five hours since I was last online, and the thread is still on Uber and I. Why is it that when I finally have time to spend on the internet,nobody is here?

--deepspace, talking to herself again
          Sorry lol, I'm a bit distracted by the Battlefield 2 demo lately...

Comment

Gee, my rep machine just told me that I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours. I've never gotten that message before.
            Am I wrong or does it get harder and harder to give out rep to people as you gain rep? On many occasions I've been told that I have to spread rep around before giving it to a particular person again, but I've never been locked out completely. I wonder if I will ever fully understand the way the system works?
            Well, blue jello for everyone then, cause I couldn't rep you.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              I appreciate everyone's patience with regard to the group photo as I simply haven't had a chance to work on it thanks to a bunch of real life work projects I have to complete...

...so if you haven't sent in your picture, there's still time!
              Über, here's a picture of me:
              http://www.gyrfalcon.net/vikingchick/lesincal4.jpg

Hugs,
              Strix

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Hey...I was demoted quite a while back...lost my System Lord status and everything.

All my Jaffa left.

No one feared me anymore.

It really sucked.
                It wasn't a demotion, it was a re-assignment. (wink wink)

And we all still love you!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                  Looking ahead to season 9 however - I'm pleased to report that none of the stories we've done to date focus on Carter's romantic life.

NC
                  that is good news to me. these boys just can't do romance well, and personally, i'd rather they not do it at all.

let's get back to sam being sam (trust me, shippers will project what they want to see, they're good at that )
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Gee, my rep machine just told me that I've given out too much rep in the last 24 hours. I've never gotten that message before.
                    Am I wrong or does it get harder and harder to give out rep to people as you gain rep? On many occasions I've been told that I have to spread rep around before giving it to a particular person again, but I've never been locked out completely. I wonder if I will ever fully understand the way the system works?
                    Well, blue jello for everyone then, cause I couldn't rep you.
                    i've done that a few times. i don't know the numbers but you are limited to how many reps you can give out, and how many different people you have to give them to

the limits did change recently when the other stuff with the reps changed

i get locked out quite frequently from the green jello fridge

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      that is good news to me. these boys just can't do romance well, and personally, i'd rather they not do it at all.

let's get back to sam being sam (trust me, shippers will project what they want to see, they're good at that )
                      Yep, because with or without Jack there... all S/J shippers (even the ones walking the fence and the closet ones) know that Sam and Jack are together, so we don't need to have it as the focus of an episode. (Ok, well I don't need it as the focus).

JM never said there wouldn't be any romance for Sam in season 9, he just said it wouldn't be the focus of any episode. *wink wink* Which is really good because without RDA around, an entire episode with Sam chatting with Jack on the phone would get pretty tiresome even for those of us that enjoy a bit of ship here and there.

Kat

Comment

Hi guys.
                        Sorry to sound so pathetic, it's just I'm used to this thread going so fast that I can't keep up!

And sorry Sky, I'll be having to go to bed in a while, it's getting late, so I probably won't be on in a few hours.

Yeah...thinking about it, I'm not sure why they even went down that road with Pete in the first place. I'm pretty sure that after the 'reproductive organs' line, Amanda did a deal with the writers saying that 'You just write a scientist + soldier - I'll provide the female.'. And so they threw in Chimera...where the Sam part of the plot had no relation to scifi whatsoever...why exactly?
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                          Yeah...thinking about it, I'm not sure why they even went down that road with Pete in the first place. I'm pretty sure that after the 'reproductive organs' line, Amanda did a deal with the writers saying that 'You just write a scientist + soldier - I'll provide the female.'. And so they threw in Chimera...where the Sam part of the plot had no relation to scifi whatsoever...why exactly?

other then giving DdL a job????

Just kidding, i'm not bashing the guy really

chimera, to me, was the meshing of two half baked ideas, breaking the black widow curse (and since they couldn't use jack, had to create a new character) and dealing with the osiris/sarah issue

unfortunately, to me, they gave emphasis to the wrong one. I'm sad that sarah has pretty much dropped of the radar. she could have been a fascinating chance to explore ex-hosts and all they go through. or how about her and sam? everytime sam has seen sarah, sarah has tried to kill her. gotta be some bad blood there.

or how about the sgc trying to get intelligence from sarah. osiris had to have known a lot

the whole thing was such a wasted opportunity for something more than 'sam gets laid' (although, poor girl, it HAD been 7 years or more)

sigpic

Comment

other then giving DdL a job????

Just kidding, i'm not bashing the guy really

chimera, to me, was the meshing of two half baked ideas, breaking the black widow curse (and since they couldn't use jack, had to create a new character) and dealing with the osiris/sarah issue

unfortunately, to me, they gave emphasis to the wrong one. I'm sad that sarah has pretty much dropped of the radar. she could have been a fascinating chance to explore ex-hosts and all they go through. or how about her and sam? everytime sam has seen sarah, sarah has tried to kill her. gotta be some bad blood there.

or how about the sgc trying to get intelligence from sarah. osiris had to have known a lot

the whole thing was such a wasted opportunity for something more than 'sam gets laid' (although, poor girl, it HAD been 7 years or more)
                            I agree,I didn't even like Pete....Really I straight up HATED him from the whole "Box of wine,-something with a duck on the front" line. I think they should have touched more on the fact that sarah/osiris was getting into dannys mind.I just think the should have kicked the Chimera Idea out the window ,while it was still on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                              It wasn't a demotion, it was a re-assignment. (wink wink)

And we all still love you!
                              Demotions or reassignments it doesn't really matter.... we are all Citizens of Samanda

Comment

Thank goodness. Sam's character took such a hit on the "get a life" story line. Couldn't they have found another way to get Sam and Jack together. Why did they have to make Sam look bad in the process. Jack came out smelling like a rose.
                                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Working...
                                X