Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    I don’t think this will qualify as a “coat of arms”. Everything I saw on the web had guns and swords and other unkind things. Of course, I could have supplied guns and swords, but Samanda is such a friendly and kind place I decided to decline.

As I said to Lys earlier, I don’t know what this should be called. I guess the closest is a plaque. Anyway, here it is and I look forward to suggestions for improvement! I hope to be able to keep up with Lys….

Samanda Plaque

Thanks to Kat for the Kingdom pic and Astrog for the gate and jello! Couldn't have done this without their help.
    Beautiful job, Samfan!
    Originally posted by ChopinGal
    In defense of our dear Royal Accountant, Coley ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Gal/Mollem.jpg

Mollem: "I do not understand, Colonel Carter. What is it about your race of people?"

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/IceSam3.jpg

Carter: "You just don't get it, do you, Mollem? There is more to life than just counting beans ...."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Accountant.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...al/IceSam2.jpg
    Wonderful pics, Chopin... and I like how you juxtaposed Sam with our Royal Accountant. Hugo looks like he's giving the RA some verbal encouragement on that jump off the rock wall
    Originally posted by Lys
    Dear Samandans,

The Royal Pharmacist is very pleased to give you good news of Her Majesty.

It has been brought to our attention that Her Majesty follows a secret diet based on a special medicine.

Let say that Her Majesty is in a really cheerful mood and very good health and that Her main goal is to kick bad guys asses when She comes back to Her loyal Samandans in Beach Head.
    Cool pic! Does Caeruleum Liquidum mean Liquid Blue? (Astrog must admit to having taken *no* Latin in school)
    Originally posted by Lys
    Congrats on the post 1100 ChopinGal !
    You're not driving me crazy, you know.
    Itried to apply your suggestions on the last versions. Here are one with the Earth patch and one with the Stargate. And I have all the variations if you want to vote. By the way this is going, I think I'm going to have one for each season ! Maybe the ninth version will be the right one.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag5.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/LysSG/flag6.jpg
    I'm with Chopingal - I vote for #5 - Great job, Lys!
    Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Thank goodness the forums are back up! The Royal Researcher was just bursting to post this! Darren must have discovered they were down when he posted the new TV Guide covers to the GW home page a little while ago. Thanks, Darren!

Here is the cover featuring our Queen. I would prefer it if BB was standing slightly behind her, but.....

I agree sg-1fanintin...

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
      I am most honored to once again be the Royal Physician and Therapist. I also would like to congratulate Lys on her appointment as Royal Pharmacist. I will certainly try and not keep her too busy.

I hope everyone who is in the states is having a great 4th! I was supposed to bring beer, but with the forum down and other things, I was unable until now. So, for those who like a cold one, you may now enjoy a beer, in moderation and only if you are NOT driving.

Roll drums !

The Royal Pharmacist inform her fellow Samandans that she will keep supplies of aspirin in her Royal Apothicary, should some of our citizens suffer from hangovers after the 4th of July festivities.

Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Holy Hannah ... I translated it as liquor of the gods! (Hic!)
        But... That's the same ChopinGal !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
          Any liquid assets remaining after the 4th celebrations can be deposited in the Royal Liquor cabinet after my, cough, approval (I allow only the finest wines spirits and beers to be held as stock)!

Cheers to you all!!
          My Dearest Royal Accountant

Methinks that you are quite anxious to get your hands on the leftover alcohol from the Fourth-of-July celebrations ... hmm ... as to "finest wines and beers", I have recently checked your private stash and the Thunderbird wine and Fiddlers Elbow will definitely have to go to make way for the Dom Perignon ....

The sloe gin, of course, is not to be sacrificed.

Jester
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 04 July 2005, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
            Save me a spot on that head-banging wall, Strix. Okay? Yes, it will feel so much better when we stop.
            Actually, Dr. Andromeda was the subject of a bit of dustup on the "Discussion of Answers from 'Ask Joe Mallozzi'" thread, after somebody slurped Joe about how Doc Rommie & Vala were bringing "stronger, more realistic" female characters to SG-1. Where is the "Barf" key on my computer?!?
            Dr. Andromeda's prominent chest hams are the ultimate confirmation of what I feared when this dubious casting gambit was first announced. Between that & Vala's Dungeon Mistress wardrobe, the horny-fratboy demographic would seem to be TPTB's most-desired demographic. Brandy Ledford & her butt-cleaving pants can't be far behind, at this rate.
            Where did you say that wall was?
            A great few posts, Carterslave. I've apparently repped you to recently to do so again, so take this red, white and BLUE jello instead.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              A great few posts, Carterslave. I've apparently repped you to recently to do so again, so take this red, white and BLUE jello instead.
              Ditto from me, Carterslave. I can't rep you either right now, but consider yourself appreciated!

Comment

My Dearest Royal Accountant

Methinks that you are quite anxious to get your hands on the leftover alcohol from the Fourth-of-July celebrations ... hmm ... as to "finest wines and beers", I have recently checked your private stash and the Thunderbird wine and Fiddlers Elbow will definitely have to go to make way for the Dom Perignon ....

The sloe gin, of course, is not to be sacrificed.

Jester
                Should I plan extra supplies of aspirin for our Dear Royal Accountant ?

Comment

After reading a few posts from our beloved Canadian friends, I felt we should honor Canada's "independence" day also, I'm only sorry I was so late. I will now never forget that July 1st is Canada Day!

So, to all from the beautiful country, just north of the US, Happy Canada Day!

Canada is surely 7th heaven on earth!

Hope you had a great time!!!!
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    smurf

i think answering your question would depend on your fic. is it shippy? if so, then yes, something about regs or being free to talk would be appropriate while if sam's marooned on an alien planet chased by jaffa 'life would be much easier if they couldn't track me' would be better

as to who sam has lost, well there was major mansfield i believe in Summit/Last Stand. Sam was with him when he died and she removed his dog tags to give to hammond. also there was elliott/lantash. and martouf
                    Not really shippy. Thinking about the character over and above the 'ship aspect, bit more about the underlying personality.
                    eg. Life would be so much easier if everyone stopped expecting me to have the answer for everything.

Thanks for the second part, I'm going to dig out the relevant eps now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      I've posted Chapter 2 of Ten-Thousand Suns at:
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2454418/2/

Now, I did mention that this is a Sam/Janet we're-going-to-confess-our-love-for-each-other story, right?

Hugs,
                      Strix
                      Nice work again, Strix. I'm glad I didn't let not being a Sam/Janet fan stop me from reading this story. I highly recommend it (so far 2 chapters) to anyone who wants good plotting and characterizations.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Very on-target, Sky. Some folks are just nuts, and the rest of us suffer for it with cumbersome rules, regulations and restrictions. But, that's true of our society as a whole.

I read your anecdote above with interest. What a cute story! I have seen several photos of RDA and Wylie, and she definitely got her dad's good looks! I didn't realize RDA had appeared with Wayne Brady. Do you suppose that's how Brady ended up playing a Jaffa in IGTBK?
                        yes. wayne is a HUGE stargate fan. when rda appeared on his show, he gave wayne a prop, the key thing maybourne used to open the doorway in Paradise Lost. (i am sooooo jealous)

and because of that, wayne got to be the jaffa

kinda like pierre bernard from Conan. he did an armchair critique thing and then hosted a version of the lowdown, and also got a cameo in a s8 eps...zero hour i think
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          After reading a few posts from our beloved Canadian friends, I felt we should honor Canada's "independence" day also, I'm only sorry I was so late. I will now never forget that July 1st is Canada Day!

So, to all from the beautiful country, just north of the US, Happy Canada Day!

Canada is surely 7th heaven on earth!

Hope you had a great time!!!!
                          And Bastille day will be coming up soon, right? July 14?

Comment

Wow, you guys move fast on this thread. Now I'm up-to-date, just to add
                            Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            Welcome aboard, Smurf! Looking forward to your Samfic when you post it - please post a link to it on this thread
                            Love the question that you posed... am mulling around for a good answer...
                            And LOL at 'Imagine pretty picture here ->'
                            Thank you!
                            Anything yet?
                            Originally posted by majorsal
                            you know the first thing that came to mind when i read your quip....

Life would be so much easier if .... i weren't a woman.

i can image sam thinking that sometimes, because i'm sure she's had to handle prejudice because of it. but i'd like to believe that by the time the story ended, sam would be dang glad she was a woman!

sally
                            That was one of my thoughts as well, especially in regards to the start of S8 when she finally got command.

If it helps any the title is going to be Bella gerant alii.

Comment

That's right !

Comment

Viva la Bastille!

Um, does that mean the Royal Baker/Chef is expected to make a French feast???

Comment

Working...
                                X