Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Ok I have been thinking about it and actually I can not come up with one question but here are some of the questions (and I know that they are not really original but well...):

*If you could change one thing about the world and what is happening in the world what would it be and why?

*what would you love to do the most as in acting: stargate sg1 or something totally different and why?

*What was a big experience for you if it comes to acting and why?

*If you could change one thing about you, what would it be?

*what do you think about season 9 and 10 of stargate?

*If you could relive your acting carreer what would you change? and why?

*what scene in stargate did you like the most to do? and why?

that are really good questions, and i still can't think of one
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      The Sam Carter ficathon deadline is Monday 21st August, so assuming everyone gets their stories in by the deadline they should go up shortly after that. For the first week the authors' identities are secret.

And a public thank you to the organisers from me. I'm really keen to read all the Samness:
      *does happy dance*

I just submitted mine , and before the deadline!!!
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
        *does happy dance*

I just submitted mine , and before the deadline!!!
        w00t! another one's in
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by aske
          You seem as if you live in a state of constant wonder and amazement. Like seeing and experiencing life through the eyes of a child. Is that really you?

No offense aske...but You don't know Sky very well yet do you?

*ducks the flying objects coming from Sky's general direction

Sky, you know I lurves you!
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

"how do you feel about the changes sam has gone through in the past two seasons?" the more direct version being "do you think the BAB are destroying sam? if so, in what way(s) and and why?" but i guess that's not particularly realistic.
            "would you like to star in your own stargate spin off? if so, what about and with whom?"
            "What was your favorite situation to play sam in?" anything from a character she enjoyed playing off of, to a character arc, to AU!Geek!Carter, to just a subtle attitude she liked to exhibit through sam. my grammar is horrible today.

You seem as if you live in a state of constant wonder and amazement. Like seeing and experiencing life through the eyes of a child. Is that really you?
            <suppresses giggle> ... <fails to suppress giggle> aww, sky, we love you.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

*attempts to match this description with Sky's self-labelled title of Miss Negativity*
              yeah, they both fit

It's hard not to be filled with wonder and amazement while chatting about such a great character and amazing actress amongst the people of Samanda.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                No offense aske...but You don't know Sky very well yet do you?

*ducks the flying objects coming from Sky's general direction

Sky, you know I lurves you!
                While I am NEVER opposed to Skydiver being the brunt of all this much needed ribbing, I think the "constant wonder and amazement" thing was actually part the "what if" question FOR AMANDA. And she is full of constant wonder and amazement. She shows it in her eyes and mannerisms.

But Skydiver, that's not to say that you aren't full of...erm...something.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  While I am NEVER opposed to Skydiver being the brunt of all this much needed ribbing, I think the "constant wonder and amazement" thing was actually part the "what if" question FOR AMANDA. And she is full of constant wonder and amazement. She shows it in her eyes and mannerisms.
                  ohhhhhh. in that case, (am i allowed to propose a possible answer? 'cuz i am) i think she'd say something about how much she's grown up on the show, and that at the beginning both she and sam had the sort of wonder, but now they're old (pretty) hats and more relaxed.

Originally posted by ooob

constant wonder and childlike amazement would definitely be...something in sky.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    ok, here's a question
                    Let's play 'Let's Pretend'
                    Let's pretend that you can ask Amanda a question:
                    What would you ask her?
                    (and yes, let's keep these 'real' please, nothing off color
                    Good morning everyone!!! I'm just popping in quickly before work...trying to get some spoilers in before I leave so I can be squeeeing/smiling all day while I miss all the action.

If I could ask Amanda a question...does it have to be one??...I would ask her:

"What do you find is the most challenging thing about working on the set of Stargate?"

or I might ask:

"How do you manage juggling motherhood with your schedule on Stargate?"
                    (is that too personal you think??)

or:

"What would you like most to happen to the character of Sam Carter...how would you like to see her develop and what issues would you like to see resolved once and for all?"

I couldn't think of just one question..I have so many more but I'm hoping to one day ask them myself personally...I can dream can't I?!!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      whee....ficathon fic done and shipped off to the beta

sigh

scratches one more thing off my todo list
                      What is a "todo" list?

Suse
                      bats eyes innocently
                      then runs away verrrrrrrryyyyyy quickly
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                        What is a "todo" list?

Suse
                        bats eyes innocently
                        then runs away verrrrrrrryyyyyy quickly
                        List were you write what you need to do

Or was is some common joke I'm not aware off?

Comment

The special has begun. It starts with

Spoiler:
                          Gary Jones heading into Bridge Studios to find out if he's in 200. He goes in to talk to RCC. Then a cut to Wormhole X-Treme and an opening montage.

Amanda says hi. Then RDA says, "Possibly after 10 years we might share a romantic moment....O'Neill might get pregnant."

Chris Judge talks about whether Teal'c and Daniel might kiss--no.

MS says you'll see the best special effects....

Beau says it's about more than special effects and aliens. It's also about laughs.

Then Amanda says, "10 years, 200 eps."

Cut to commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
                            If I could ask Amanda a question...does it have to be one??...I would ask her:

"What do you find is the most challenging thing about working on the set of Stargate?"(is that too personal you think??)
                            I believe someone asked her a question similar to this at Shore Leave in July. It might have been more like 'What is the worst thing about working on Stargate?' though. I don't remember exactly.

She said the weather when on location was sometimes tough to deal with - working long hours when its cold or raining. She also mentioned something about a certain co-star's penchant for passing gas on set (and I think we all know who she was talking about ).

She then related a story about a difficult day she had during the filming of "Grace Under Pressure." This also sort of relates to your question about how she balances motherhood and acting. Spoilers for "Grace Under Pressure" (just in case):

Spoiler:
                            It seems she had to wear a wetsuit under her costume to stay warm while filming under water. So she had at least a couple of layers of clothing on. She was also breast feeding in between scenes at the time. So she would film for a while in the tank, then rush to her trailer soaking wet to feed Olivia. She couldn't go inside and sit down with Olivia b/c she would have gotten water all over the place. She couldn't change into dry clothing, b/c she had to go back to set and get back into the tank after the break. But she had to feed the baby.

So she stood in the doorway of her trailer to breastfeed Olivia. Because the costume/wetsuit were not conducive to breastfeeding, she had to basically take her top off and pull down the wetsuit underneath. Needless to say, she felt just a bit exposed standing out in the doorway of her trailer for any passing person to look at.

After she told that story, it hit home about just how un-glamorous acting is. That must have been a very uncomfortable experience. It also hit home about what a trooper AT is. I know I wouldn't have endured something like that with as much grace as she did.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                              What is a "todo" list?
                              Sky's List Of Everything™?

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Whack!!!
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X