Originally posted by Deano
    I herd a roumor that AT might be leaving is that true
    i haven't heard anything like that
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okayyyy......

Spoiler:

I loved it up until the puppets. I thought it was quick, funny and clever. Lines like "Never underestimate your fans" and "there'll be spoilers" etc were priceless little digs. Oh, and the bit where Cam says "Get someone to replace him" and gets shot down! ROFL!

The puppet scene I was torn on. I mean... it was quite fun seeing them do their famous lines, the quotes that define the characters. However, I found that section long winded and a little boring at times.

As for the actor bit at the end... I personally found it quite funny. At least the Amanda and Michael spoofs. I wasn't really taken with the Rick one. Foul language isn't something I find particularly funny. Plus, I don't think the actor bit is something that the average viewer would have found funny.

I was fully expecting the "party" on the other side with the 200 cake as featured in the papers and a big gathering of all the different races and things.

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

But...

Spoiler:
        The puppet scene was one of my favourites, just think about the amount of time it would have taken them to set up and film. They also had to build the puppets which I was very impressed with. It was the most creative thing they came up with, it was the last thing i would expect. Maybe its just my sense of humour but I was in hysterics when they were spoofing the movie and daniel was writing on the board and screen. Sure, they got that of team america but it was so insane and wacky it was funny. And when they went through the gate and their wires got cut, that was funny.
        Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

oh and amanda tapping better not leave the show. I will be devastated.
          Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Originally posted by stewsith
            But...

Spoiler:
            The puppet scene was one of my favourites, just think about the amount of time it would have taken them to set up and film. They also had to build the puppets which I was very impressed with. It was the most creative thing they came up with, it was the last thing i would expect. Maybe its just my sense of humour but I was in hysterics when they were spoofing the movie and daniel was writing on the board and screen. Sure, they got that of team america but it was so insane and wacky it was funny. And when they went through the gate and their wires got cut, that was funny.
            Oh, no! I totally agree with you.

Spoiler:

I found those bits hysterical, I really did. But I felt that the scene went on too long. The Sam and Daniel bits were great, but the Hammond/Walter and Jack bits just dragged. I also felt that it would have been good to have, say, Hammond/Walter fall asleep during the Sam bit. But, meh. What do I know?

There were other bits that would have been funny. I mean, given all the chitter about a Stargate musical, wouldn't Vala's thing about Oz been funny with a little song?

Personally, I would have cut the puppets down a tad and extended Oz. In fact, it would have been fun to just have the Oz bit (the musical bit) as an added skit at the end, maybe instead of some of the actor bits.

Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

The new official mag came in the mail today and although there’s not much about Amanda/Sam in it (lots of Daniel and MS stuff), there were a couple of really nice comments about AT.

The first was in a “Notes from the Set” article by Vincent Coates, who I think is an assistant director on the show.
              <snip>

“I am on 2nd Unit as the 1st AD on episode four, Insiders, directed by Peter Woeste. We are shooting scene 38B. It’s 9:30 pm in the SGC. I am working with Amanda Tapping and a background performer SF. He is a nice fellow but not military trained, so I watch as Amanda very graciously walks him through how to enter a room with a weapon, and scan and secure safe zones. This lady is amazing. She always knows her lines, and is a pleasure work with and was so nice to this extra. I want everyone to know how very normal Amanda really is, a very caring and grounded person.”
              <snip>

Here are a couple of quotes from the interview with Claudia Black.

Question: During the break, of course, you gave birth to your son. How are you finding being back at work with the baby?

Answer: If Amanda Tapping hadn’t had her daughter first, I don’t know if I would have been convinced it was possible. I’ll be interested to see how I’m feeling midway through the season, because it’s incredibly tough to do two things like this
              . <snip>

Then later in the same interview,

Question: How do you think season 10 is shaping up so far?

Answer: <snip> One of the most pleasant things for me was finally getting to work with Amanda Tapping, because [last year] I was here essentially while she was having her baby, and I think she’s gorgeous. I’ve been very, very grateful because she’s been so kind to me and so welcoming, and I think that shows lots of grace. It would be weird being the only woman on a show for the longest time, and then having another female come in to join. But she’s welcomed that with open arms, and I will be forever grateful.

Another bit of information came from an interview with Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright. The question was about RDA’s return this year, that it was a really big thing for SG-1. They responded that it was a big thing for Atlantis as well. They said after they determined that RDA was not only interested in doing the 200th, but wanted to do more episodes -

RCC: “So then it became a question of whether we could afford it…”

BW: “And a question of the fact that we had a lot of series episodes in development, and we wanted it to be soon. Fortunately, we had a bunch of ideas that could fit, and the network expressed a desire for him to be in Stargate: Atlantis as well, because obviously it would be a big support to that show, and so he’s in both.”

So apparently network pressure played a part in putting RDA into more Atlantis eps than SG-1. I hadn't seen anyone officially say that before, but it's not surprising.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                snip
                I am working with Amanda Tapping and a background performer SF. He is a nice fellow but not military trained, so I watch as Amanda very graciously walks him through how to enter a room with a weapon, and scan and secure safe zones. This lady is amazing.
                snip
                NC
                This is one of the most awesome things about AT. The way she carries the weapon and moves with it. The way she actually cares to make it correct. So many actors on so many TV shows dont bother. I love it when an actor works hard to make it seem as real as possible and doesnt just assume its good enough to point the gun any which way. I have never seen an actor on a TV show do this as well. Movies, yeah usually they get someone to come in and train the actors, but on a TV show not usually it seems. I love that AT took the time to help the extra get it right too.

Now if she could just help some of the guys with their salutes.... lets start with Joe F.(Sheppard).
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

And the Best Of The Best Poll is now up and active

Please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
                  but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
                  (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

>>>Link to the Best Of The Best Poll

Comment

Must do Happy Dance

After submitting my Carter fic, I got a note that there were problems with the formatting....I just got word back that after re-submitting it, everything looks fine
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEV!!!!!
                      have a wonderfull day and enjoy your day...but don't party to much
                      Yes here it is already august the 20th

Comment

Hey there my fellow Samandans! First of all, I need to answer Sky's "Let's Pretend" (I'm soooooo hoping no one's asked this yet...)

Amanda - What was your initial reaction when you got the script for "200" and learned that you'd be
                        Spoiler:
                        Chiana
                        in it and what was your reaction after seeing yourself in the
                        Spoiler:
                        Chiana make-up and costume? btw, Amanda, for the split second you were Chiana, you had her down PAT! Did you watch Farscape or did Claudia help you with it?

Now on to my thoughts about the SciFi Inside special about "200" -
                        Spoilers just in case
                        Spoiler:
                        GARY was a HOOT!!! I loved his whole bit!
                        Loved, loved, LOVED all the interviews with Amanda! She's a hoot! The rest was nice and I appreciate that they didn't try shoving Ben and Claudia down our throats one more time. I'm glad they gave (BB and CB) props (like they wouldn't have) to the cast/crew who've been with SG1 for the last 10 years.

I also LOVED the bit when Amanda and Claudia were hugging and one of them mentioned that they were going to kiss now.

I couldn't figure out why Thor was dressed like a Chinaman, but the eps revealed why!

Thoughts on "200" the eps -
                        Spoiler:
                        I my eema off pretty much during the whole eps. I think it was very well done.

Fav bits -
                        Sam and Daniel teasing Cam that Jack was his daddy!
                        InvisiaJack sneaking a peek at Sam in the shower.
                        The rips on:
                        Star Trek - Amanda batting her eyes was a hoot!
                        Farscape - They used ever FS swear word! Also, the bestest bit was Amanda as Chiana for that split second! That was awesome! She was brilliant and totally rocked.

The puppet scene (rip on Team America) was ok...a little too drawn out but I loved that they tossed in that "Just because my genitals are on the inside..." line of Sam's. The rest sadly bored me.
                        The Wormhole Xtreme actors bit at the end...eh. Some of it was funny, the chick based on Sam/Amanda was fun. The Teal'c/Chris guy at the end wasn't too bad. The Peter D scenes had me confused...was he supposed to be Jack or Mitchell? Either way...all the swearing wasn't very true to either characters, imho.

Well that's it for me.
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                          Hey there my fellow Samandans! First of all, I need to answer Sky's "Let's Pretend" (I'm soooooo hoping no one's asked this yet...)

Amanda - What was your initial reaction when you got the script for "200" and learned that you'd be
                          Spoiler:
                          Chiana
                          in it and what was your reaction after seeing yourself in the
                          Spoiler:
                          Chiana make-up and costume? btw, Amanda, for the split second you were Chiana, you had her down PAT! Did you watch Farscape or did Claudia help you with it?

Now on to my thoughts about the SciFi Inside special about "200" -
                          Spoilers just in case
                          Spoiler:
                          GARY was a HOOT!!! I loved his whole bit!
                          Loved, loved, LOVED all the interviews with Amanda! She's a hoot! The rest was nice and I appreciate that they didn't try shoving Ben and Claudia down our throats one more time. I'm glad they gave (BB and CB) props (like they wouldn't have) to the cast/crew who've been with SG1 for the last 10 years.

I also LOVED the bit when Amanda and Claudia were hugging and one of them mentioned that they were going to kiss now.

I couldn't figure out why Thor was dressed like a Chinaman, but the eps revealed why!

Thoughts on "200" the eps -
                          Spoiler:
                          I my eema off pretty much during the whole eps. I think it was very well done.

Fav bits -
                          Sam and Daniel teasing Cam that Jack was his daddy!
                          InvisiaJack sneaking a peek at Sam in the shower.
                          The rips on:
                          Star Trek - Amanda batting her eyes was a hoot!
                          Farscape - They used ever FS swear word! Also, the bestest bit was Amanda as Chiana for that split second! That was awesome! She was brilliant and totally rocked.

The puppet scene (rip on Team America) was ok...a little too drawn out but I loved that they tossed in that "Just because my genitals are on the inside..." line of Sam's. The rest sadly bored me.
                          The Wormhole Xtreme actors bit at the end...eh. Some of it was funny, the chick based on Sam/Amanda was fun. The Teal'c/Chris guy at the end wasn't too bad. The Peter D scenes had me confused...was he supposed to be Jack or Mitchell? Either way...all the swearing wasn't very true to either characters, imho.

Well that's it for me.
                          Nice post Sunny
                          and to answer your last queston

Spoiler:
                          He was supposed to be Mitchell, because his brother orignally played the Jack part, and the rest were the actors from Wormhole Xtreme

and I also could have done without all the swearing...it just wasn't funny
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I had a little SG party last night at my place - There were both longtime hardcore fans that follow online fandom to a couple folks that have started watching in the last couple of year to casual fans that never go online. Everyone here gave last nights episode a thumbs up.

My personal favorites were the "Invisible Jack" and Mitchell "Punked" clips
                            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

There's a lady on BBC News 24 who's wearing Amanda's black and white dress from the California 200 ep party! (Doesn't look as nice on the reporter tho!)
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                              X