Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thor_Beyond769
    I've started reading over several. It's amazing how so many others can see the brighter side. Oooober can be amazing at times as well as others. This is what makes it so worth while to come here and visit.
    **I'm starting to feel better. It took a day and a half to get that off my shoulders.
    Aw shucks.

Please keep in mind that criticizing Sam is a-okay. I have nothing wrong with Carter fans who didn't like what happened. In fact, I enjoy debating them because then we can each share how we feel and it's all done in a respectful manner. This is why I love Samanda. We don't always agree but we can discuss and debate without name calling and cruelty. Yay!

I have a problem with those who hate Sam, single out her mistakes as though she has to be perfect (oh and of course complain when she is perfect) and demand that she be called to the mat for her actions.
    Spoiler:
    See the way I saw it, this was only one item in a long chain of actions that allowed what happened to happen...yet SAM gets singled out???
    I wasn't thrilled with what happened...I simply saw it as the lesser of two evils. I'm not pleased with the writers for putting her in that position and then making her reasons seem more ambiguous AND making her be the "official apologizer when things go wrong girl" again.

But had she not done what she did, I think that would have been extremely out of character and the ramifications against her and throughout fandom would have been even worse.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      DOB: 29/12/68
      d'oh

canadianisms strike again.

the us military would write it 12-29-68
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        d'oh

29 Dec 1968. At least that is how they always had me write dates.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Sorry I can't green you, RoX, but this is exactly how I feel, too. And I'm still very cranky, myself.
          Yep me too. I can still not believe what I have seen. I feel like someone just ripped my heart out! I really feel like someone wanted to hurt me really bad! And they did.
          I mean I really can not believe that they did such a thing to Sam! and to the show!they ruined it all for me!!!
          Ok I am still not to my old self again!

Comment

d'oh

But at least we Canadians do it right

29/12/68
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

d'oh

Are you certain of this? When I worked for a military contractor, I picked up their style of writing dates, which would be 29 Dec 68. I'm not certain of the all numbers variation though.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i could be wrong. maybe the military does adopt the international way of doing dates

usually it's not that bad,but when you get to 2/5/06, is it feb 5 or may 2????
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In season 3 the episodes, The Devil You Know and Jolinar's Memories, Apophis reaches into sam's mind and there she relives the day when her father comes home and tells her that her mother was killed. So we do know that the writers did do a backstory for sam.

Comment

That’s why 29 Dec 68 is superior. No ambiguarity (<<< I have no idea how to spell that word.. but you get the point
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      That’s why 29 Dec 68 is superior. No ambiguarity (<<< I have no idea how to spell that word.. but you get the point
                      am·bi·gu·i·ty Pronunciation Key (am’bi-gyooi-te)
                      n. pl. am·bi·gu·i·ties

1. Doubtfulness or uncertainty as regards interpretation: “leading a life of alleged moral ambiguity” (Anatole Broyard).
                      2. Something of doubtful meaning: a poem full of ambiguities.

//Ooooooooooober ducks

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        am·bi·gu·i·ty Pronunciation Key (am’bi-gyooi-te)
                        n. pl. am·bi·gu·i·ties

1. Doubtfulness or uncertainty as regards interpretation: “leading a life of alleged moral ambiguity” (Anatole Broyard).
                        2. Something of doubtful meaning: a poem full of ambiguities.

//Ooooooooooober ducks
                        I didnt realize this was a discussion about Vala .

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                          Yep me too. I can still not believe what I have seen. I feel like someone just ripped my heart out! I really feel like someone wanted to hurt me really bad! And they did.
                          I mean I really can not believe that they did such a thing to Sam! and to the show!they ruined it all for me!!!
                          Ok I am still not to my old self again!
                          I assume you are talking about 'Insiders' which I have just had the *pleasure* of watching and I have to say I agree whole-heartedly!

I love Sam Carter and I love Amanda Tapping but for Heaven's sake what the HELL are TPTB doing to our beloved character?!?

Spoiler:
                          Firstly,

1. Why was Sam taking point in a foothold situation unarmed? (Although I suppose the fact that she was taking the lead is something.)
                          2. Why did Colonel "MacGyver" Carter just stand staring at the locked door until Mitchell opened it for her?
                          3. Why did she just agree to back down when Ba'al issued his first threat? (And for BARRETT?!?)
                          4. Why on Earth did Sam give Ba'al the *correct* information when I'm sure she could've found a way to give him junk files?
                          5. Why is the whole thing, once again, Sam's fault?!?

ARGH! I'm sorry, you guys have probably had a few days to calm down but I'm *REALLY* p'd off right now! I wanna hit something... where's Cam when you need him?

1000 apologies, spoiler tags fixed
                          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                            I assume you are talking about 'Insiders' which I have just had the *pleasure* of watching and I have to say I agree whole-heartedly!

I love Sam Carter and I love Amanda Tapping but for Heaven's sake what the HELL are TPTB doing to our beloved character?!?

Spoiler:
                            Firstly,

1. Why was Sam taking point in a foothold situation unarmed? (Although I suppose the fact that she was taking the lead is something.)
                            2. Why did Colonel "MacGyver" Carter just stand staring at the locked door until Mitchell opened it for her?
                            3. Why did she just agree to back down when Ba'al issued his first threat? (And for BARRETT?!?)
                            4. Why on Earth did Sam give Ba'al the *correct* information when I'm sure she could've found a way to give him junk files?
                            5. Why is the whole thing, once again, Sam's fault?!?

ARGH! I'm sorry, you guys have probably had a few days to calm down but I'm *REALLY* p'd off right now! I wanna hit something... where's Cam when you need him?

1000 apologies, spoiler tags fixed
                            Yes I was talking about insiders and even Iif I had some time to think about it I still I am mad, really mad. I Just can find any words to tell you how I feel about it atm. I mean I am most of the time an optimistic person but now I am not anymore. I really can not see anything positive about it. and I know TJ and Über and some others have presented me with some positive things I just can not see them. And that is so frustrating!

Comment

i could be wrong. maybe the military does adopt the international way of doing dates

usually it's not that bad,but when you get to 2/5/06, is it feb 5 or may 2????
                              I always assumed that the US military would use the international standard... for example, today is 6.8.2006. I know for a fact that they use the European standard for times... as in, now is 22h39, not 10:39.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                                I didnt realize this was a discussion about Vala .
                                Oooooh, I'm SOOOOOOO gonna tell Sunny what you said!

*yer gonna get it...yer gonna get it...yer gonna get it...*

Comment

Working...
                                X