No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cousin did some arts and wanted me to put them on here. She has only begun but she's proud of them and I just couldn't say no to her

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      Hmmm.....if you have white zin and then a margarita, with what do you chase it?
      Straight tequila shots, That's what I'm going with when I watch the entire episode.

I watched some of SG-1 with no sound tonight while I could hear the dialogue for Hot Shots playing in the other room, it was a fun combo.

If I could ask AT a question... once actors do sci-fi, why do they seem to become stuck in sci-fi?

Comment

I just finished watching 200 for the second time. Well it's not quite over, but it's just that end bit...

First of all, I thought it was great. I didn't care for the very end that much

Spoiler:
        I thought it should have ended with the real SG-1 and all the other characters going through the gate. That was great.

Some other thoughts about the ep...

Spoiler:
        I actually really liked the part with the puppets. I used to watch the show that spoof was based on when I was a kid. That part where Daniel was trying to write the symbols and then when he drew a "circle" around the gate symbols on the computer! My sis and I were cracking up! I also thought the "Doom", Star Trek and FarScape references were priceless and of course it was very cool to see RDA agan. I loved "invisible Jack". I was wondering where Sam would be in the Wizard of OZ spoof, but now I know. I think she was supposed to be the good witch, that's what I got from it anyway.

The only part I didn't like...

Spoiler:
        The wedding was dissapointing. I thought it was cool how Sam beamed in and all that, but it was over so quick. I wanted at least the "I dos" and a kiss

Oh well. Overall, it was very enjoyable, I have to say
        Paul/Carson, Rachel/Teyla, David/Eli Supporter!!
        Proud Samandan. Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by gatenv
          Straight tequila shots, That's what I'm going with when I watch the entire episode.

I watched some of SG-1 with no sound tonight while I could hear the dialogue for Hot Shots playing in the other room, it was a fun combo.

If I could ask AT a question... once actors do sci-fi, why do they seem to become stuck in sci-fi?
          I'm sure there's a scientific answer to that question, gatenv, and I suspect it has something to do with being sucked into a black hole! Tee-hee!

My, it's been so quiet here at SAGC thread tonight. The S/J Ship Thread is flying like the wind.....and here.....where is everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Forestia

Spoiler:
            The wedding was dissapointing. I thought it was cool how Sam beamed in and all that, but it was over so quick. I wanted at least the "I dos" and a kiss
            I wanted that too. And I can't think of a good question for Amanda..not at 2 AM anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
              My cousin did some arts and wanted me to put them on here. She has only begun but she's proud of them and I just couldn't say no to her

Spoiler:

Tried to green you, but I couldn't.....so I'll just say it here. Please tell your cousin she did a very nice job, especially for a beginner.....

And thanks for sharing, Lizlove!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Tried to green you, but I couldn't.....so I'll just say it here. Please tell your cousin she did a very nice job, especially for a beginner.....

And thanks for sharing, Lizlove!
                Thanks! I'll pass the word along! She'll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                  I laughed a lot. I enjoyed it a great deal... many very funny lines. And they did poke a lot of fun at the fans, but I thought it was exceedingly well done.

I felt the same way. I was laughing out loud much of the time. TPTB poked fun at everyone, including themselves, and did a good job of it.

Comment

i know some folks have been bugged by the comments at the end. the teasing of AT and CJ and MS but you know, i figure if the actord didn't like it, it wouldn't have been put in, so i'm not letting that bug me

Spoiler:
                    and yeah, the puppets went on a bit too long and invisijack is one of the best episodes we never saw
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I herd a roumor that AT might be leaving is that true

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        i know some folks have been bugged by the comments at the end. the teasing of AT and CJ and MS but you know, i figure if the actord didn't like it, it wouldn't have been put in, so i'm not letting that bug me

Spoiler:
                        and yeah, the puppets went on a bit too long and invisijack is one of the best episodes we never saw
                        That part didn't bug me it just...bored me. I didn't think it was really that creative, PDL was obnoxious, and it just felt tacked on and dull. I would have preferred more time spent in any of the other scenarios
                        Spoiler:
                        (aside from the puppets, which was long enough, and Farscape which was perfect as it was)
                        or more time spent in reactions/discussions of the real team than dragging back the
                        Spoiler:
                        WE 'actors'

Spoiler:
                        But I loved InvisiJack. How hysterical that was, plus, Jack SO would react to being invisible like that. Finding ways to have fun with it, instead of being bent on world domination ala Kevin Bacon. So perfectly him.

Comment

I have to thank everyone for their views on 200
                          now here's my 2 cents

Spoiler:
                          I did find myself laughing at a lot of it, and did find Vala funny trying to get herself in the movie, even chasing Martin around saying she can sing And I do agree with Sky, invisible Jack was the best episode I never saw I did love the way AT played it in the shower, her facial expressions and comedic timing was great

Now for the writers, they did poke fun at themselves, but did they learn from it Esp with the quips about replacing the original character? I can see the parts where they did give nods to the fandoms...Jack being Cam's father and that being the only reason he got the job I'm just glad they didn't read about SG1 the Musical or we could have gotten a singing and dancing SG1...although I might not have minded seeing a lap dancing Cam

Now back to being serious (I think) They definitely know what fans are thinking and not liking with the show...but will they do anything about it...no matter how sound it is, and how it makes much more sense than what they have given us...I really doubt it

Overall I did enjoy most of the episode, except for the puppets (not you thor ) and the ending did suck But then again they do seem to be having trouble with endings lately
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1

Spoiler:
                            I did find myself laughing at a lot of it, and did find Vala funny trying to get herself in the movie, even chasing Martin around saying she can sing And I do agree with Sky, invisible Jack was the best episode I never saw I did love the way AT played it in the shower, her facial expressions and comedic timing was great

Now for the writers, they did poke fun at themselves, but did they learn from it Esp with the quips about replacing the original character? I can see the parts where they did give nods to the fandoms...Jack being Cam's father and that being the only reason he got the job I'm just glad they didn't read about SG1 the Musical or we could have gotten a singing and dancing SG1...although I might not have minded seeing a lap dancing Cam

Now back to being serious (I think) They definitely know what fans are thinking and not liking with the show...but will they do anything about it...no matter how sound it is, and how it makes much more sense than what they have given us...I really doubt it
                            Spoiler:
                            That is the big question...will they do anything about it. They obviously know, but will they fix it?

And Invisible Jack was priceless!!!

"Sir, are you there?"
                            *pause*
                            "Nope."
                            The look on AT's face was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove

Spoiler:

Nice...Say thank you to your cousin...so what you are trying to convince her to watch SG now??? Or did she like it already???
                              And say to here that she should continue with it!!!!

Comment

Wooohooooo! About to sit and watch 200 with a portion of Heaven-In-A-Bowl (aka Blue Jello) and ice cream! Woooooooohooooooo!
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X