Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Back to the show.....

    Spoiler:

    Martin is talking about plot devices.

    Now, the Star Trek scene...on the bridge of the Daedalus.....

    It's really cheesy!!!!

    And Brad Wright is Scotty! And he sounds really good!!!

    Back to the briefing room.....and the team is talking about how all the technical stuff is wrong.....

    Martin says the audience won't notice.

    BB says the audience is made up of highly intelligent people who appreciate quality programming....

    Teal'c says he doesn't udnerstand why everything has to explode.

    Marty says the fans love explosions. He gets a call. Seems Nick Marlowe is holding out, so the studio is suggesting they recast the whole movie using younger, edgier actors......

    Now we're doing SG--The O.C.

    Scene ends.

    Sam: Uh-uh.....

    Now the Farscape vignette. Also cheesy......

    And the Asgard puppet is playing Rygel......ha!

    Martin gets a text message from the studio. The foreign investor went belly up, so his budget has been slashed....

    Cut to commercial.....

    Comment


      Next block coming up:

      Seeing your questions, yes, it appears

      Spoiler:
      from what they're saying that Jack was actually invisible at some point, during a time we weren't watching, I guess!

      Here we go.....

      Briefing room again. They're still working on the gate....and everyone is ready to go on the mission.

      Vala asks Sam about giving Martin the mission files....

      File 30185......it's a file Cam hasn't read.....and the others can't tell him because he doesn't have the clearance.....

      They're referring to '1969'...and they seem to be saying that Cam is Jack's son, fathered during that highly classified mission.....

      Cam: I'm being punked, aren't I?

      Sam: We really can't tell you about 30185.....

      Now they're talking about salvaging Martin's film by using puppets, to keep the budget down.....

      Here come the puppets.....

      Don S. Davis is voicing his character....

      There's also a Walter puppet.....

      More Sam (puppet) technobabble.....and a mention of her reproductive organs being on the inside instead of the outside....

      The Daniel puppet.....

      I decided it was a good time to go and pour a BIG glass of wine, but I got back before the Jack puppet arrived.....

      The three puppets are ready to go through the gate....

      They go.....but their strings are left behind, and when they get to the other side of the gate, they all fall down. They're approached by the Teal'c puppet, who laughs at them.....

      Martin doesn't like the puppets.

      Martin says since he doesn't have any money, he'll have to give his actors the thing they can't live without.....a good ego-stroking.....something they wouldn't expect.

      Enter the real Jack: "You mean like this?"

      Vala: Well, no one saw that coming....

      Daniel: There'll be spoilers....

      Sam: Are you kidding? It'll be in the commercial....

      Fade to commercial.....

      Comment


        Here we go, campers!!! I'm underwhelmed.

        Last block opens to.....

        Spoiler:


        Teal'c: Private Investigator......

        Marty says he isn't sure what the studio will think.

        Jack says he's been in Malibu on business.

        He says he stopped by "ostensibly" to see how they're doing with Marty.

        He says he's been feeling a little.....

        Sam: It's ok to say you missed us....

        Jack: I didn't say that....

        Daniel: Like you had....unfinished business?

        Cam: You need closure.

        Martin says he has no ending.

        Jack: They could go fishing. After that.....anything else would be pointless.....

        Cut to Moebius, Sam and Jack....then Vala and Cam fishing.....

        Martin says he needs something more moving.

        Vala: Everyone loves a wedding.

        Cut to a wedding scene.

        Cam says they've been waiting for the bride too long.

        Daniel (best man-turns to Jack and says): You know, if she doesn't show, people are going to think you and I are....."

        Jack: (oblivious) What?

        End of wedding scene.....

        Sam is smiling at Jack in the briefing room. Jack smiles back.

        Martin: Yeah.....if I wanted to torture the audience on purpose.

        They get the gate going......

        Landry: Keep these kids safe, Jack.

        Jack: Hank, why don't you go with us?

        Hank: Come on, Walter.....let's all go...

        Walter (in the control room): I'm not dressed righyt.

        Jack: You're fine. Come along. Then Walter walks down and is in full off-world gear.

        Walter to Landry: It's all set, the cake, the balloons.....everything.....

        And they all go through the gate.

        Super:

        10 YEARS LATER.....

        Wormhole X-Treme is finishing its 200th episode.

        And they find out the movie is back on......

        Marty talks about it in retrospect.....the awards, the writing.....the female actress talks about the great writers being in boys club. PDL is playing the Nick Marlowe role. He replaced the original actor.

        Female actress says she doesn't think the boys club knows what to do with her character....and she should have taken up golf.....

        The Daniel character talks about geting time off for stage works.

        Martin says it's a well-oiled machine.....

        Actress would like to do writing, have a baby.....

        More actor babble.....

        Martin gets another phone call.....

        PDL, looking for a catch phrase for his character, keeps popping off bleeped obscenities.

        The Teal'c character talks about the philosophy of sci fi.....but the core, the essence, is to become part of our salvation.....quote from Isaac Asimov.....

        So, the only thing I see for the ship is what was the deal with the celebratioh on the other side of the gate.....that Jack was trying to get everyone to go through to attend?

        Guess we'll have to wait til the end of the season to find out.....and that's almost a year away!!!!!

        Comment


          i laughed. it was a lot funnier than i thought itd be. and i got many of hte jokes

          i think the worst part of the whole evening????

          'next week the ori return'
          Where in the World is George Hammond?


          sigpic

          Comment


            I laughed a lot.

            Out loud at times.

            This is one I'll have to watch several times or read a transcript in order to catch all the in jokes, because there are lots of them, and I'm sure that I didn't get all of them.

            NC

            Comment


              Spoiler:
              i think i got a fair number of them too. they were true, and usually well placed (ok, sometimes well placed). i just didn't find them particurly funny. a little at times, but i got a laughing at me instead of with me vibe. acting was great though if rather short in the Rick department. and the special was rather nice (other than the Walter gag). i just wish it was...better. and the end with the fake AT from wormhole x-treme felt really low belt. just didn't see the point.
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

              Comment


                Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                Spoiler:
                i think i got a fair number of them too. they were true, and usually well placed (ok, sometimes well placed). i just didn't find them particurly funny. a little at times, but i got a laughing at me instead of with me vibe. acting was great though if rather short in the Rick department. and the special was rather nice (other than the Walter gag). i just wish it was...better. and the end with the fake AT from wormhole x-treme felt really low belt. just didn't see the point.
                So... I wasn't the only one who felt that way?


                Spoilers for 200:
                Spoiler:
                I enjoyed the episode a lot up until the end. I thought the jokes and the poking fun at the fans, actors, writers, etc. was all in good fun up until that point. I was happy and laughing out loud. If it had ended with everyone going through the Gate together, I would have been a happy camper tonight.

                But with the Wormhole X-Treme actors giving interviews, the mood just seemed to shift ever so slightly. Instead of it being all in good fun, it almost seemed like it was a somewhat spiteful way for TPTB to get back at the actors. I personally didn't think that part of the ep was particularly funny and it felt tremendously out of place. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. All I can say is that it completely ruined the episode for me. And yet once again, I find myself disappointed in TPTB.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Melora
                  So... I wasn't the only one who felt that way?


                  Spoilers for 200:
                  Spoiler:
                  I enjoyed the episode a lot up until the end. I thought the jokes and the poking fun at the fans, actors, writers, etc. was all in good fun up until that point. I was happy and laughing out loud. If it had ended with everyone going through the Gate together, I would have been a happy camper tonight.

                  But with the Wormhole X-Treme actors giving interviews, the mood just seemed to shift ever so slightly. Instead of it being all in good fun, it almost seemed like it was a somewhat spiteful way for TPTB to get back at the actors. I personally didn't think that part of the ep was particularly funny and it felt tremendously out of place. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. All I can say is that it completely ruined the episode for me. And yet once again, I find myself disappointed in TPTB.
                  Spoiler:
                  i wasn't particuarly impressed by the rest. average quality, different direction. but that ending shouldn't have been there.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

                  Comment


                    I'm here, so the Aussies are represented!! Woulda been here sooner but there was the dang grocery shopping to do

                    Many thanks for the spoilers because I really do not want to be surprised with this ep

                    You're doing a great job!
                    -

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                      Spoiler:
                      i think i got a fair number of them too. they were true, and usually well placed (ok, sometimes well placed). i just didn't find them particurly funny. a little at times, but i got a laughing at me instead of with me vibe. acting was great though if rather short in the Rick department. and the special was rather nice (other than the Walter gag). i just wish it was...better. and the end with the fake AT from wormhole x-treme felt really low belt. just didn't see the point.
                      Spoiler:
                      Yeah, I admit the last bit with the fake AT was the only part that bothered me. It felt too personal. But I think that they spoofed MS just as much in the ending, and they spoofed RDA when the fake BB was talking. They did say in the interviews before the show that they were going to make fun of everyone - actors included. I'm sure that they wouldn't have included those bits if the actors hadn't been ok with it.

                      I'll have to disagree with you about the laughing at me instead of with me. I guess it's just a matter of perception. If I wasn't part of the fandom, I certainly wouldn't have gotten most of the zingers. Even in the opening scene, when Cam suggests that the movie should have a big opening sequence and Marty says "Nobody does that anymore, they just cut to the title" and bang they cut to the title. I'm sorry, I laughed out loud at that.

                      It seemed like they tried to bring up almost every on-line controversy and I thought most of the time they succeeded in poking fun at themselves instead of us. It didn't feel like they were trying to defend themselves, just pointing out some of their own fallacies.


                      NC

                      Comment


                        I found it hysterical.

                        Up until the end,
                        Spoiler:
                        with the fake interviews with the Wormhole Extreme actors.
                        That I just found dull.

                        I didn't really get a laughing at me vibe; in fact more often I was laughing at tptb. I would have liked more Jack, much more Jack.

                        I'd have more to say, but I'm watching it again just now.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          Spoiler:
                          Yeah, I admit the last bit with the fake AT was the only part that bothered me. It felt too personal. But I think that they spoofed MS just as much in the ending, and they spoofed RDA when the fake BB was talking. They did say in the interviews before the show that they were going to make fun of everyone - actors included. I'm sure that they wouldn't have included those bits if the actors hadn't been ok with it.

                          NC

                          Spoilers for 200 and continuing my earlier rant (so feel free to skip if you're not interested):

                          Spoiler:
                          I had no problem with them poking fun at the actors in the rest of the episode. The stuff about replacing the lead actor and the actors holding out for more money - all of that stuff was done as good-naturedly as possible. Like you, I actually thought the episode was very funny and I didn't really care if they were poking fun at the fans, the actors, or themselves. Perhaps because everyone equally seemed to be fair game.

                          I didn't like the way they went after MS, RDA, and AT at the end - any part of it. It was out of place, unneccessary, and like you said - it bordered on being too personal. It also bothered me that they singled out only three actors to be the focus of their "jokes." But perhaps you're right, the actors would probably have protested if they hadn't been okay with it. Actually, I'm pretty sure they were okay with it since they all seem to be pretty laid back people who don't take themselves too seriously. Unfortunately, I guess I just don't have that good of a sense of humor because I found nothing humorous about it at all. It served wonders to erase all of the enjoyment that the previous 55 minutes offered.

                          Sorry - I'm just very irked at the moment and I'm probably overreacting. But the one thing I hate more than anything else is a bad ending. And this was the ultimate bad ending to an otherwise fun episode.

                          Comment


                            drink liquor

                            it helps a lot

                            I did find it funny and i did laugh out loud. I do think that these folks are a bit too full of themselves (the writers) but whatever.

                            take it for what it is and move on

                            and when you're not liking it, think of this
                            Spoiler:
                            this was the last of our gloriously ori free episodes for a while
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?


                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Melora
                              Spoilers for 200 and continuing my earlier rant (so feel free to skip if you're not interested):

                              Spoiler:
                              I had no problem with them poking fun at the actors in the rest of the episode. The stuff about replacing the lead actor and the actors holding out for more money - all of that stuff was done as good-naturedly as possible. Like you, I actually thought the episode was very funny and I didn't really care if they were poking fun at the fans, the actors, or themselves. Perhaps because everyone equally seemed to be fair game.

                              I didn't like the way they went after MS, RDA, and AT at the end - any part of it. It was out of place, unneccessary, and like you said - it bordered on being too personal. It also bothered me that they singled out only three actors to be the focus of their "jokes." But perhaps you're right, the actors would probably have protested if they hadn't been okay with it. Actually, I'm pretty sure they were okay with it since they all seem to be pretty laid back people who don't take themselves too seriously. Unfortunately, I guess I just don't have that good of a sense of humor because I found nothing humorous about it at all. It served wonders to erase all of the enjoyment that the previous 55 minutes offered.

                              Sorry - I'm just very irked at the moment and I'm probably overreacting. But the one thing I hate more than anything else is a bad ending. And this was the ultimate bad ending to an otherwise fun episode.
                              i do have to agree with you to a certian extent. If they were gonna
                              Spoiler:
                              bag so meanly on the actors, why couldn't they have also bagged on cam and vala's WX versions. or are they immune from baggage????
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?


                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Deejay435
                                I found it hysterical.

                                Up until the end,
                                Spoiler:
                                with the fake interviews with the Wormhole Extreme actors.
                                That I just found dull.

                                I didn't really get a laughing at me vibe; in fact more often I was laughing at tptb. I would have liked more Jack, much more Jack.

                                I'd have more to say, but I'm watching it again just now.
                                Wouldn't we all like more Jack?????

                                It surprises me that they think RDA and AT are too old to star in a movie.....yet, they're hoping the abyssmal ratings will improve because RDA is appearing on the show. Isn't that a contradiction? And the interviews at the end were my least favorite part too....I liked the zombies better...hmm.

                                Thanks to nell, I have plenty of good, fresh fan fiction to dwell on over the weekend.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X