Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
    Could someone PLEASE tell me what RDA has been saying and why he is "all over the place." Does it involve AT? How great would it be to see the Sam character back to a time where they knew what to do with her.
    I think they are refering to an interview RDA did with TV Guide Insider during the filming of "200," as well as the articles that came out today in the Holywood Insider. The RDA interview is a pretty fascinating read - although baffling at the same time. It has some spoilers about "200" and the other episodes RDA will be in this season. It doesn't really have much in there about AT, though. Here is the link to Morjana's post on it in the news section if you're interested:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....71&postcount=1

Back on topic - I am very lucky to have the day off, so I am currently enjoying a full day of absolutely awesome SG-1 episodes. I just finished watching "Prometheus." I just love Sam in this one. She's so MacGyver-y in how she constructs a radio and gets out of the storage room. Right now "Unnatural Selection" is on (another great one for Sam). I just love Season 6 episodes!

Even if I end up disliking "200," I will at least still have a smile on my face at the end of the day from watching all of these classic eps.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      whee....ficathon fic done and shipped off to the beta

sigh

scratches one more thing off my todo list
      Good for you. I'm definitely looking forward to reading everybody's stories.

How many Samandans are taking part?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

yeah, i'm watching too

it's funny. i have dozens of movies to watch, season 1 of bsg, season 1 of lost, 4 seasons of macgyver and i'm sitting here watching re-runs of episodes i've seen a dozen times

this, to me, is the magic of the first 6 seasons (and part of the 7 and 8th)

it was so appealing to me that i could watch it over and over and over.

i miss that time
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          I know many of you are not happy with the current season, and Sam's role in it. I have enjoyed many of the episodes, primarily because of AT and her continued display of talent and professionalism. I know the show has not yet received news of either cancellation or renewal and that worries me, because I would sincerely miss my weekly "visits" with Amanda. She has been the one true constant for the past 10 years. I will agree that the show itself is not as good as it could be, and Amanda's role is quite possibly the one lacking most in real characterization, however, I would still like to see at least another year, hoping for resolution of the many plot twists. If it should end this year, there would be so many unanswered questions.....unfortunately, the Furling issue will not be one of them.

I'm looking forward to the 200th episode, because I expect it to be pure fun, not Stargate SG-1. I just wish they had left the Furlings out of it.......oh well. Sam will be there, and Jack takes a possible final trip through the gate, along with many other "issues" the fans have been plaguing the writers about for years, so it will most likely be a hoot. I hope it is, I need a good laugh.

Hope all of my fellow Samandans are healthy and safe. Take care everyone.
          Brilliant post on which I agree completely. I couldn't have said it better!

Comment

ok, here's a question

Let's play 'Let's Pretend'

Let's pretend that you can ask Amanda a question:

What would you ask her?

(and yes, let's keep these 'real' please, nothing off color

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              Good for you. I'm definitely looking forward to reading everybody's stories.

How many Samandans are taking part?
              No more important question: when can we read it? When is it due finished? and when will it be uploaded???
              Not that I am impatiant or anything

Comment

ok, here's a question

What would you ask her?

Maybe: Why are you still playing Sam so entusiastically after all these years and especially now when you know what TPTB have been doing with her?

Or: As an actress do you want to stay in the tough woman scenario or would you like to try a very emotional or very funny role? Which one would you choose and do you think it could help you deepening you career and understand human nature more?

But I think we know both answer if we think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                  Me too!

But then, I suspect I've had such a fantastic week that I'm predisposed to love everything right about now.

((((Deej))))) You go, girl; enjoy!
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

ok, here's a question

What would you ask her?

uhmmm. i think i would ask her if she wants to go on with stargate a while, or if she wants to do something different?

i think...but at the moment i can't think of something else, i think if i really could ask her something that i would stare at her and couldn't say a word
                    sigpic

Comment

ok, here's a question

What would you ask her?

Let's see if I had a chance to ask Amanda a question, that she could actually answer (because I wouldn't want to put her on the spot ) it would be:

Is it difficult as an actor to be playing the same character for 10 years and do you ever get the itch to go try something totally different?

or You have 3 brothers, have you ever wanted a sister, because if you do I am available Sorry Sky, I couldn't resist
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Bye Samanda. Enjoy the shows. Three hours of new RDA content... WOOT!
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

ok, here's a question

What would you ask her?

Ok I have been thinking about it and actually I can not come up with one question but here are some of the questions (and I know that they are not really original but well...):

*If you could change one thing about the world and what is happening in the world what would it be and why?

*what would you love to do the most as in acting: stargate sg1 or something totally different and why?

*What was a big experience for you if it comes to acting and why?

*If you could change one thing about you, what would it be?

*what do you think about season 9 and 10 of stargate?

*If you could relive your acting carreer what would you change? and why?

*what scene in stargate did you like the most to do? and why?

Comment

ooh, those are good

sigpic

Comment

Fly-through post. Won't be on the net for a few days, and since my own computer's still dyspeptic have to make this a comprehensive post -

1- YEAH! Very excited about Episode 200 tonight, just mere hours away! I know it's not gonna give me the "real" deal for Sam and Jack but been shipwrecked on their ship so long I'll take whatever version. And anywho, what IS gonna be SG-1 "real" tonight?? Hoping the ep lives up to the hypin' and that there are plenty of these laughs they're promising.

2- A classic role for AT: Right off the top of my fron came "A Doll's House" by Ibsen. AT has the facets of the character practically built in (innocence, initiative, determination - and kick-butt (oh, wait, Nora didn't do that, or did she?? ). Hard choice on the hubby playing opposite, but maybe RDA could deal with that; maybe Cliff Simon.

- The second that came up was "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" and there I could definitely see RDA as The Captain! Love to see the banter there! And a REALLY A/U version: David Hewlett as the Captain - aaagh!

3- A question for Amanda: What story would you have LIKED to do on SG1? (Or make that LIKE to do, who knows? ) What classic role would she love to play? Would she come to New York and do a Shakespeare in the Park role? (Hey, I'm a NYer!)

Just sayin', hope everyone enjoys (or finds SOMETHING to enjoy about) tonight's special SG-1. I'm guessing since the BB's been running close up to 1000 at GW a few nights this week that there'll be a deluge on board tonight! Happy Weekend all!
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                                No more important question: when can we read it? When is it due finished? and when will it be uploaded???
                                Not that I am impatiant or anything
                                The Sam Carter ficathon deadline is Monday 21st August, so assuming everyone gets their stories in by the deadline they should go up shortly after that. For the first week the authors' identities are secret.

And a public thank you to the organisers from me. I'm really keen to read all the Samness:
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X