No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in for excited! No, scared to death! No, excited! This week I've been both! It was a bit of a roller coaster untl I read the indepth spoilers. Now, I'm just ready to see the monumental episode and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      Spoiler:
      There needs to be an episode where Sam tortures Teal'c... if you get what I mean
      Spoiler:
      oh yes, your meaning is most got Vice-versa would be good too

edit: oh wait - Sky already wrote that one
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        Ya know, I saw someone in a Royal Canadian Mounted Police uniform the other day and my very first thought was, Wow, AT would look terrific in that!
        *thunks away quietly*
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Wow. It sure is quiet here at Samanda. Is everyone excited about 200 or scared to death of it? LOL

And I'm not talking to the ones who have been spoiled to the max here.

I would be here more if I didn't have to work...and if S/J ship thread wasn't so darn busy...hard to keep up with the posts there...it's 12.44am and I gotta get to bed...Niki has dance exams tomorrow so I have to do her hair before I rush off to work...then when I get home I'm gonna be hanging out for all the spoilers...hope the site doesn't crash...I'm so gonna be peeved if I don't get my spoilers tomorrow!!!
          Night Samanda...take care everyone and be safe and smile coz 200 is gonna be on real soon...Woohoo..YeeHaaa!!!!!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ya know, I saw someone in a Royal Canadian Mounted Police uniform the other day and my very first thought was, Wow, AT would look terrific in that!

Paul Gross did a great job in Due South. Maybe the series could get re-invented with Paul and Amanda as RCMP special agents working with the FBI, INTERPOL, etc on terrorism or some specific threat.
            As long as she's not working for CSIS
            (sorry, very bad Canadian joke )
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I haven't had much to say lately, since I HATESSSSSSS SPOILERS. I've already been some what spoiled by some online friends so I'm trying to avoid any others.

THANK YOU ALL for using those lovely spoiler buttons/tags on this thread. I really appreciate it that you all actually follow the rules.

*wonders which banner will appear next...
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                As long as she's not working for CSIS
                <snerk>

I was gonna go with CSIS/CIA but then thought the better of it. I'd hate to see AT play mouse sidekick to Elephant hero.

Hey, it is quiet in here. I've been caught up in this thread all day!
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I know many of you are not happy with the current season, and Sam's role in it. I have enjoyed many of the episodes, primarily because of AT and her continued display of talent and professionalism. I know the show has not yet received news of either cancellation or renewal and that worries me, because I would sincerely miss my weekly "visits" with Amanda. She has been the one true constant for the past 10 years. I will agree that the show itself is not as good as it could be, and Amanda's role is quite possibly the one lacking most in real characterization, however, I would still like to see at least another year, hoping for resolution of the many plot twists. If it should end this year, there would be so many unanswered questions.....unfortunately, the Furling issue will not be one of them.

I'm looking forward to the 200th episode, because I expect it to be pure fun, not Stargate SG-1. I just wish they had left the Furlings out of it.......oh well. Sam will be there, and Jack takes a possible final trip through the gate, along with many other "issues" the fans have been plaguing the writers about for years, so it will most likely be a hoot. I hope it is, I need a good laugh.

Hope all of my fellow Samandans are healthy and safe. Take care everyone.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Thanks Lida, take care as well!

I've run out of green because of so many fabulous posts, it's like Ship Day all over again lol! I can't wait for '200'!!!
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to 200. (Which is probably setting myself up for a huge disappointment.) It looks like pure goofiness, and I'm hoping for some good laughs. But I think it will be interesting to watch the fallout in fandom afterwards, because I think there will be a lot of jokes poked at us. I'm fine with that, but I wonder if everyone will be.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        I'm actually looking forward to 200. (Which is probably setting myself up for a huge disappointment.) It looks like pure goofiness, and I'm hoping for some good laughs. But I think it will be interesting to watch the fallout in fandom afterwards, because I think there will be a lot of jokes poked at us. I'm fine with that, but I wonder if everyone will be.
                        Actually, i think the 200th ep can only reinforce the already loyal fanbase. They made it for us and with the inclusion of spoofs of other shows it may even attact their fans attention. If you are a scifi fan at all you can have a good laugh. They will be poking fun at the fans in 200 but im sure when you recognise something you associate with, it will make laugh and feel happy that the creators have recognised it and that they do know and love/loath our quirks.

Anyway, a spoiler free quote from IGN's advance review of 200:

"The perfect love letter to the fans. Literally…perfect."
                        Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

I am looking forward to it. It's gonna be fun and I expect I'll be PIMPing all the way through it.

I'll be making my inner critic work late at the office when I watch this ep.
                          Me too!

But then, I suspect I've had such a fantastic week that I'm predisposed to love everything right about now.

Comment

whee....ficathon fic done and shipped off to the beta

sigh

scratches one more thing off my todo list
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stewsith
                              Actually, i think the 200th ep can only reinforce the already loyal fanbase. They made it for us and with the inclusion of spoofs of other shows it may even attact their fans attention. If you are a scifi fan at all you can have a good laugh. They will be poking fun at the fans in 200 but im sure when you recognise something you associate with, it will make laugh and feel happy that the creators have recognised it and that they do know and love/loath our quirks.

Anyway, a spoiler free quote from IGN's advance review of 200:

"The perfect love letter to the fans. Literally…perfect."
                              Hmm... I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure that quite a few of the shippers (Sam/Jack) will be very angry if there isn't any realtime ship. Some are sick and tired of being "tweaked" and "having fun poked at them". I'm reserving judgement until I see it with my own two eyes and, yes, my inner critic will be switched off completely until after I've seen the whole thing!
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                I know many of you are not happy with the current season, and Sam's role in it. I have enjoyed many of the episodes, primarily because of AT and her continued display of talent and professionalism. I know the show has not yet received news of either cancellation or renewal and that worries me, because I would sincerely miss my weekly "visits" with Amanda. She has been the one true constant for the past 10 years. I will agree that the show itself is not as good as it could be, and Amanda's role is quite possibly the one lacking most in real characterization, however, I would still like to see at least another year, hoping for resolution of the many plot twists. If it should end this year, there would be so many unanswered questions.....unfortunately, the Furling issue will not be one of them.

I'm looking forward to the 200th episode, because I expect it to be pure fun, not Stargate SG-1. I just wish they had left the Furlings out of it.......oh well. Sam will be there, and Jack takes a possible final trip through the gate, along with many other "issues" the fans have been plaguing the writers about for years, so it will most likely be a hoot. I hope it is, I need a good laugh.

Hope all of my fellow Samandans are healthy and safe. Take care everyone.
                                Lida nice to see you back here i'm looking foreward to seeing "200" but alas i have to wait a few more months to see it as i'm in the UK, but i really do hope the show does indeed go on and tptb iron out the kinks! The interviews i'm reading sound very upbeat and sooo many from RDA just waiting now for more from Amanda herself!
                                Take care Lida
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X