Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Skydiver
    drink liquor

    it helps a lot

    I did find it funny and i did laugh out loud. I do think that these folks are a bit too full of themselves (the writers) but whatever.

    take it for what it is and move on

    and when you're not liking it, think of this
    Spoiler:
    this was the last of our gloriously ori free episodes for a while
    I have white zinfandel, Denise. Would you like a glass?

    Comment


      it might clash with my margarita, but thanks
      Where in the World is George Hammond?


      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by Skydiver
        drink liquor

        it helps a lot

        I did find it funny and i did laugh out loud. I do think that these folks are a bit too full of themselves (the writers) but whatever.

        take it for what it is and move on

        and when you're not liking it, think of this
        Spoiler:
        this was the last of our gloriously ori free episodes for a while
        Thanks for the sage advice.

        Unfortunately, I'm all out of liquor so I will have to rely on my favorite backup - ice cream! I think I'm probably just blowing off a lot of steam right now and I will feel better about it tomorrow.

        *starts reciting the mantra, 'I will try to focus on the good parts of the episode and pretend the bad parts do not exist.'*

        Denial is a great thing sometimes.

        Comment


          Spoiler:
          Was is just me or was PDL almost unrecognizable as the fake BB? I just went back to look again and I'm pretty sure it was him, but he looked and even sounded different. If it was him, was his bleeped out "catch phrase" supposed to be a spoof of his potty mouth during commentaries? Or was it a spoof of Cam's down-home remarks?


          To keep it on topic, and to try to remind you of some of the funny parts - on second viewing, I laughed out loud again at the scene when
          Spoiler:
          Sam is in the shower and asks if invisible Jack is there.


          NC

          Comment


            so did i and i even icon'd it which folks won't get if they haven't seen the eps
            Where in the World is George Hammond?


            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Skydiver
              i laughed. it was a lot funnier than i thought itd be. and i got many of hte jokes

              i think the worst part of the whole evening????

              'next week the ori return'
              I laughed a lot. I enjoyed it a great deal... many very funny lines. And they did poke a lot of fun at the fans, but I thought it was exceedingly well done.

              My LJ

              Comment


                Originally posted by Strix varia
                I laughed a lot. I enjoyed it a great deal... many very funny lines. And they did poke a lot of fun at the fans, but I thought it was exceedingly well done.

                I agree. I enjoyed it immensley. The only thing I didn't like was the end bit, mostly because it dragged and was just boring.
                Spoiler:
                And the puppet bit went on a little too long.
                Other than that-it was hysterical.

                Spoiler:
                And I especially loved the closing shot (of the real SG1 episode) with Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel walking into the gate in what I always call the 'power walk'. Very fitting.

                Comment


                  I thought it was very creative, and I enjoyed most of it. The only parts I didn't like were
                  Spoiler:
                  the O.C., the actor interviews at the end and PDL's bleeped "catch phrases." I could have filled the last few minutes with something better than that.


                  Otherwise, entertaing.....especially the parts with Jack. LOL!!!

                  Comment


                    RE: "200"

                    The ending...
                    Spoiler:
                    Well I ignored that part. It was a disjointed ending attached onto a fairly even-flowing episode. I wonder if PDL had his hand in this segment. Several have mentioned PDL looking different - it looked like they put Teal'c's nose tip from the Oz segment on the end of his nose (minus the silver makeup) to try to get him to look like his brother Michael who'd been in Wormhole Extreme.

                    And all I can say is the Invisible!Jack episode is my favorite episode that I never gots t'see!


                    Ahhhh... one of the best lines *had* to have been Sam's:
                    Spoiler:
                    "All these writers and they couldn't come up with anything better?!" she asked incredulously.
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Skydiver
                      it might clash with my margarita, but thanks
                      Hmmm.....if you have white zin and then a margarita, with what do you chase it?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                        RE: "200"

                        The ending...
                        Spoiler:
                        Well I ignored that part. It was a disjointed ending attached onto a fairly even-flowing episode. I wonder if PDL had his hand in this segment. Several have mentioned PDL looking different - it looked like they put Teal'c's nose tip from the Oz segment on the end of his nose (minus the silver makeup) to try to get him to look like his brother Michael who'd been in Wormhole Extreme.

                        And all I can say is the Invisible!Jack episode is my favorite episode that I never gots t'see!


                        Ahhhh... one of the best lines *had* to have been Sam's:
                        Spoiler:
                        "All these writers and they couldn't come up with anything better?!" she asked incredulously.
                        Good ones!!! I agree!
                        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 18 August 2006, 10:14 PM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Deejay435
                          I agree. I enjoyed it immensley. The only thing I didn't like was the end bit, mostly because it dragged and was just boring.
                          Spoiler:
                          And the puppet bit went on a little too long.
                          Other than that-it was hysterical.

                          Spoiler:
                          And I especially loved the closing shot (of the real SG1 episode) with Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and Daniel walking into the gate in what I always call the 'power walk'. Very fitting.
                          I agree. Especially about the end. boring.
                          Spoiler:
                          SG-1 walking through the gate was priceless especially Walter bring up the rear. LOL. Gary is going to have to have another routine since he's been through the gate.

                          Token ~

                          Comment


                            It was alright. That's all I can come up with now. I think my brain has shut down.

                            Comment


                              We almost crashed the thread a few minutes ago! I guess a lot of people without Nielsen boxes are watching those repeats, and are just now posting their reactions.....

                              Of course, I guess the West Coast feed was two hours later than ours, so maybe that's wht it reflects.

                              Anyway, the thread still appears to be a little unstable. Look how many unread PMs it says I have:



                              LOL!!!
                              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 18 August 2006, 10:51 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Melora
                                I believe someone asked her a question similar to this at Shore Leave in July. It might have been more like 'What is the worst thing about working on Stargate?' though. I don't remember exactly.

                                She said the weather when on location was sometimes tough to deal with - working long hours when its cold or raining. She also mentioned something about a certain co-star's penchant for passing gas on set (and I think we all know who she was talking about ).

                                She then related a story about a difficult day she had during the filming of "Grace Under Pressure." This also sort of relates to your question about how she balances motherhood and acting. Spoilers for "Grace Under Pressure" (just in case):

                                Spoiler:
                                It seems she had to wear a wetsuit under her costume to stay warm while filming under water. So she had at least a couple of layers of clothing on. She was also breast feeding in between scenes at the time. So she would film for a while in the tank, then rush to her trailer soaking wet to feed Olivia. She couldn't go inside and sit down with Olivia b/c she would have gotten water all over the place. She couldn't change into dry clothing, b/c she had to go back to set and get back into the tank after the break. But she had to feed the baby.

                                So she stood in the doorway of her trailer to breastfeed Olivia. Because the costume/wetsuit were not conducive to breastfeeding, she had to basically take her top off and pull down the wetsuit underneath. Needless to say, she felt just a bit exposed standing out in the doorway of her trailer for any passing person to look at.

                                After she told that story, it hit home about just how un-glamorous acting is. That must have been a very uncomfortable experience. It also hit home about what a trooper AT is. I know I wouldn't have endured something like that with as much grace as she did.
                                Oh wow..thanks for that info...I agree...Amanda is a real trooper!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X