Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binkpmmc
    My one question - Jack can go to a 2 star in the blink of an eye and they can't/won't make Carter a Colonel??!! - what a crock o' crap. It just gets worse if you ask me TPRTS are soooo transparent and illogocal its ridiculous.
    nope. general officers get promoted soley on politics; nominated by the CiC, confirmed by the Senate. they have no minimum TIG. Regular officers have minimum TIG. what they did with Jack is right. (maybe not LIKELY, but right.) doesn't mean i have to LIKE the current CoC, but it's true.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
      i know. that's what "THEY FIXED IT!!!" meant. props needs to keep up with the darn phase-outs. what's this confusion about sam? ...they updated the badge...
      Isn't it because he's a Major General that he has a new badge? Or should that badge have been there since the beginning?

Comment

nope. general officers get promoted soley on politics; nominated by the CiC, confirmed by the Senate. they have no minimum TIG. Regular officers have minimum TIG. what they did with Jack is right. (maybe not LIKELY, but right.) doesn't mean i have to LIKE the current CoC, but it's true.
        I read a fic about Sam explaining the change so quickly but I can't remember which one.
        But mainly he was promoted because he was going to lead Homeworld Security, no?
        Sorry, but I suck at such thing!

Comment

Those b***ards. How dare they?

I feel better now.

mg
          (On a related note, I actually find Rick more attractive as he is now than I ever did when he was younger - mind you, I was 10 when MacGyver was on, but even looking back at old photos now, I feel that way).

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Actually, his presence in The Real World makes perfect sense.

Spoiler:

Weir is going to wake up, spouting about Jack O'Neill sending her on a mission. So it does make sense for him to be there.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ
              Hey, PR? What are the TIG and TIS requirements for promotion again?
              Lt. Col to Full Bird? 22 years TIS (give or take for BTZ), TIG for BTZ is 2 years, plus processing.

Originally posted by LizLove
              Isn't it because he's a Major General that he has a new badge? Or should that badge have been there since the beginning?
              no, they're just phasing out the old one.

Originally posted by Sky
              a friend of mine pointed out that sam's hair is touching her collar---big, big no-no
              this used REALLY...bug...me. prop, wardrobe and hair departments really need some work.
              Originally posted by TJ
              Yeah, I noticed that and it really irked me. The only real restraint on women's hair is that it doesn't touch the collar!
              well, not the ONLY one. but yeah. i like her hair short anyway.
              Originally posted by LizLove
              I read a fic about Sam explaining the change so quickly but I can't remember which one.
              But mainly he was promoted because he was going to lead Homeworld Security, no?
              Sorry, but I suck at such thing!
              probably
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Actually, his presence in The Real World makes perfect sense.

Spoiler:

Weir is going to wake up, spouting about Jack O'Neill sending her on a mission. So it does make sense for him to be there.
                I'm looking forward to seeing that episode. I was wondering, though...

Spoiler:
                I can't remember whether I read this here or elseehere, but I seem to recall it was mentioned someplace (here, I think) in conversation that Jack's dialogue in one of the later Atlantis episodes indicates he's "retired". I know I read that somewhere but don't know whether it was someone's conjecture or from the actual spoilers that were posted.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  speaking of ff.net

i just got done reading ' a pond with no fish' and man is that a good story!!

great characterizations. no cam bashing (yes, i know i'm not a fan of his character, but i see no need to bash him in fic...or any other characters)
                  believable story, great jaffa stuff...teal'c actually has LINES!!!

my only regret, there's a part 3 to come and i'm hung up on a 'tbc'
                  I totally agree, it really is a very good story so far. I have to admit I was rather teary-eyed when
                  Spoiler:
                  everyone said good-bye to Teal'c.
                  I know writing is an art and takes time, but man the TBC stories drive me batty. I think I have like a dozen of them that I'm still waiting for endings. They get me all worked and salivating for more and then boom TBC! Have I ever mentioned that I detest cliff-hangers and suprises? NO? Well I do.
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 June 2006, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    I'm looking forward to seeing that episode. I was wondering, though...

Spoiler:
                    I can't remember whether I read this here or elseehere, but I seem to recall it was mentioned someplace (here, I think) in conversation that Jack's dialogue in one of the later Atlantis episodes indicates he's "retired". I know I read that somewhere but don't know whether it was someone's conjecture or from the actual spoilers that were posted.

-
                    Spoiler:
                    You may be right about Jack being retired.
                    And about the uniform, it's mainly Elizabeth's illusion so that could explain the messed up uniform. If she doesn't know that much about military. Although I doubt it because she begun working with/for the military a long time ago.
                    That would also explain why he is in uniform even if retired. If she didn't know that fact. Her illusion is made of what she remembers. But then she would have the uniform right, no? Hum, I'm confusing myself here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      I totally agree, it really is a very good story so far. I have to admit I was rather teary-eyed during the good-bye scene with Teal'c. I know writing is an art and takes time, but man the TBC stories drive me batty. I think I have like a dozen of them that I'm still waiting for endings. They get me all worked and salivating for more and then boom TBC! Have I ever mentioned that I detest cliff-hangers and suprises?
                      She says that the one she's posting now is already complete, but she's just posting the chapters each day. That's the only reason I started it.

Comment

Well, he'd
                        Spoiler:
                        have to be retired, in order to
                        Spoiler:
                        SNOG SAM, BABY!!! GRRR! VERY GRR!

-
                        Ohoh!!!
                        Spoiler:
                        You shipper side is coming out!!!
                        But you're right anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                          Spoiler:
                          You may be right about Jack being retired.
                          And about the uniform, it's mainly Elizabeth's illusion so that could explain the messed up uniform. If she doesn't know that much about military. Although I doubt it because she works a long for the military. And that would explain why he is in uniform even if retired.
                          Well, he'd
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          SNOG SAM, BABY!!!

GRRR! VERY GRR!

-
                          Last edited by minigeek; 09 June 2006, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Well, he'd
                            Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            SNOG SAM, BABY!!!

GRRR! VERY GRR!

-
                            Eum...
                            Spoiler:
                            Me prefers lovely kick-a$$ Samantha better!

Comment

Ohoh!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              You shipper side is coming out!!!
                              But you're right anyway
                              Hey, how'd you quote me before I posted?

Comment

Eum...
                                Spoiler:
                                Me prefers lovely kick-a$$ Samantha better!
                                Well yeah. That's just a photo for the caption.... he's the guy who talks like that, it's not supposed to BE Sam in the picture, ya numpty. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X