No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k, i just read some of the spacey award winners...

*takes deep breaths*

*needs more*

*NEEDS MOOOORE*

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      Fly-by Nonsense Post...

There are a lot of (silent) people in here right now...

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Maybe they're just so enthralled by our genius.
      Do you and Oober want to hold it down....we're trying to read here!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
        so you DIDN'T know all USAF officers/airmen aren't pilots? <cries> DEM!!!
        No, I do know that, PR.

i still don't get it. (can you tell?)
        That's okay, no one else does either.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
          Do you and Oober want to hold it down....we're trying to read here!!!
          I don't care how neat your sig is. You're gonna pay for that.

No more beer for you.

So there. Hmmph.

Comment

The glorious, yet brief, moment that AD mentioned is just that:
            Spoiler:
            brief.

But ever so cool, nonetheless. I'm still definitely looking forward to it.

For those not knowing what we're talking about, I can't substantiate this spoiler with a link or anything, but this is what I read:

Spoiler:
            Evidently there's a moment where Cameron is caught by someone in the third episode or so, while they're on a ship, and when everyone's still dealing with Super!Adria. Sam takes out one of their enemies with an Ori weapon. Cameron says something like, "Hey, I didn't even know you could work one of those things." And she supposed says something like, "Piece of cake."

And the moment supposedly happened so early on in the season, that I doubt she would've been working with that Bam!Bam guy so recently. But that's just an uneducated guess on my part.

If it stayed in, it'll probably be kinda cool. Hey, we take what we can get, right?
            Thanks for the info - do you recall what ep this is supposedly going to be in? I hope it is early in the season since i may give up after 3-4 eps if the quality downfall and utter nonsense of S9 continues.

BTW did anyone else see the interview with the girl/woman signed to play adria? I found it very interesting that she said she was contracted to only do 3 eps but they added one an is now doing 4 and not signed to do any more - yet. I briefly and naively let hope get the best of me that they may choose to jettison the adria crap sooner rather than later.

Comment

Hmm? I wonder what I will be watching on Friday nights come July, I don't think it will be SG1. Have to ask AGateFan what will be worth watching, cause it ain't gonna be Farscape ah fargate I mean Stargate
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                I saw a Major in the USAF who is Doctor in Iraq and I have a friend who was in the US AF for many years - never even TOUCHED a plane - he was in supply.
                currently, a whopping FOUR percent of USAF personnel are pilots. and an amazing ONE percent are navigators. feel free to check my math, but i do believe that leaves another 95% that...aren't.

Originally posted by DEM
                That's okay, no one else does either.
                apparently...yeah, sure, ok.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

i still don't get it. (can you tell?)
                  I got 'it' once... Took years and lots of antibiotics to clean it up...
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I don't care how neat your sig is. You're gonna pay for that.

No more beer for you.

So there. Hmmph.

ROFLMAO....too late, already had four (despite the bartender's sudden illness) and as soon as this recorder is done taping Engaged to Kill I'm off to bed.
                    sigpic

Comment

currently, a whopping FOUR percent of USAF personnel are pilots. and an amazing ONE percent are navigators.
                      They wouldn't happen to mention what percent can also fly human/alien hybrid flying vessels?

Comment

The glorious, yet brief, moment that AD mentioned is just that:
                        Spoiler:
                        brief.

But ever so cool, nonetheless. I'm still definitely looking forward to it.

For those not knowing what we're talking about, I can't substantiate this spoiler with a link or anything, but this is what I read:

Spoiler:
                        Evidently there's a moment where Cameron is caught by someone in the third episode or so, while they're on a ship, and when everyone's still dealing with Super!Adria. Sam takes out one of their enemies with an Ori weapon. Cameron says something like, "Hey, I didn't even know you could work one of those things." And she supposed says something like, "Piece of cake."

And the moment supposedly happened so early on in the season, that I doubt she would've been working with that Bam!Bam guy so recently. But that's just an uneducated guess on my part.

If it stayed in, it'll probably be kinda cool. Hey, we take what we can get, right?

Gee, what are the set of rules for a scene being cut these days? If there is any meaningful team interaction/character development between at least two or more characters, let's cut it so that the audience doesn't give a crap about the characters, but they sure will like the stories--yeah, that's it.

So will this scene get cut? I say it stays in because
                        Spoiler:
                        it "moves the story along in so far as Carter saves Mitchell's butt!

Comment

currently, a whopping FOUR percent of USAF personnel are pilots. and an amazing ONE percent are navigators. feel free to check my math, but i do believe that leaves another 95% that...aren't.

apparently...yeah, sure, ok.
                          you know this is funny that this comes up here because I remember that when my friend first told me he was USAF I immediately said "so you can fly" and he laughed and said no and proceeded to tell me what he did in the AF and told me that most of the people in the USAF are NOT pilots. Related but not - my cousin is in the Army and he IS a pilot - flies those in-flight refueling tankers --- mondo cool but wow talk about nerve wracking.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                            Gee, what are the set of rules for a scene being cut these days? If there is any meaningful team interaction/character development between at least two or more characters, let's cut it so that the audience doesn't give a crap about the characters, but they sure will like the stories--yeah, that's it.

So will this scene get cut? I say it stays in because
                            Spoiler:
                            it "moves the story along in so far as Carter saves Mitchell's butt!
                            AGAIN

Comment

wha...? she survived? yeah...what do you mean, 'what would it prove'?

i'm not sure if anyone's said it, but please (i'm on my KNEES here) NOT ALL AIR FORCE OFFICERS ARE PILOTS.
                              No they aren't, but obviously everyone at the SGC must take flight training or else how would you explain Walter being able to fly the Prometheus and a Gou'ald cargo ship in Prometheus Unbound.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                Thanks for the info - do you recall what ep this is supposedly going to be in? I hope it is early in the season since i may give up after 3-4 eps if the quality downfall and utter nonsense of S9 continues.
                                Spoiler:
                                I guess the ep in question is going to be Counterstrike.

:shrugs: Whateva.

To be honest, I would not say that it's worthy of either making or breaking your decision to keep watching. It's a nice, brief moment that you can place in a cute little montage amongst the "Not exactly" of EDM; the "Yep" of RE; the great scene between Sam and Woolsey in Scourge; the great moment between Sam and Teal'c in Ethon; the great moments between Sam and Daniel in AM; and the two cute moments between Sam and Vala-not-Daniel in Crusade. But that's really all I think it'll be - a short moment, where you can say, "Ah ha! Sam's not just a bump on the log after all..."

BTW did anyone else see the interview with the girl/woman signed to play adria? I found it very interesting that she said she was contracted to only do 3 eps but they added one an is now doing 4 and not signed to do any more - yet. I briefly and naively let hope get the best of me that they may choose to jettison the adria crap sooner rather than later.
                                I did read that interview, and I found it to be lacking in substance. She's a newbie, so that explains why she wouldn't exactly be well-versed in the mythology of the series, but (for some strange reason) I expected more. It's nothing against her or Sci Fi World, for that matter... I just realized that there's really nothing more to this arc. Especially when you consider how LONG she's signed on for this season... Very odd.

Spoiler:
                                And very sad for Vala, if the character dies.

But it would certainly be an opportunity for us to see Vala's depth, if she did. Though I hope that isn't the case. Not a fan of that route at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X