X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lizlove
    Eum... yeah *iz bad at explaining*

Is confused too.
    Is it a new space missile or I don't know what badge? A badge who doesn't really exists? Or is it because he's a Major General?
    ok. <deep breath> the bottom badge. it is the new space missile command badge. it (will eventually) replace the old badge shown in the first picture. it has nothing to do with the wearer's grade (rank). it does exist in RL. it was unveiled in late 2004 and was available in late 2005.
    sigpic
    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      congratulations to chevron seven

the proud owner of post 42000

Yay!! I'm so excited. I've never gotten a milestone post before, I don't think. At least I haven't in Samanda. That's so cool!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
        It's shiny! Ergo-medal. Sheesh. ;-)

Seriously. Badge. Got it.
        yes, but you see, on blues, the medals are cloth and the badges are shiny. ergo-badge.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
          ok. <deep breath> the bottom badge. it is the new space missile command badge. it (will eventually) replace the old badge shown in the first picture. it has nothing to do with the wearer's grade (rank). it does exist in RL. it was unveiled in late 2004 and was available in late 2005.
          Okay! Thanks, I got it. Sorry *iz such an unknowing soul*

Thanks to ChevronSeven too!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
            It's an updated Space Mission/Missle badge. The props department finally updated to what is actually worn. So, since Sam has one (hers is still Senior, not Master to my knowledge), it should be on her dress uniform should we ever see her in it again.
            yes, and what is up with that? fifteen years, guys. ain't that hard. someone up there can't count (we can't have five people on the team in s7, but we can have six leads in s10), especially if this:
            Originally posted by Sky
            maybe not as much injured for two years, but the time it'd take to rehab

usually one show year = one 'real' year....but folks seem to recall cam saying smething about 'in the two years since i crashed' or something along that line, giving the impression that s9 took place two years since lost city
            is right.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              Since poor PR seems to be getting a bit frustrated by all these comments, I thought I'd post these for those of us who may need more info.

Space and Missile Badge

Pictures of old badges and info about when each is worn

According to the second link, a Master Level Badge is worn when an officer has 15 years in their specialty. PR would probably knows better than I, but seeing as Sam now has 15 years in service, wouldn't she have this badge? Or does she have to be working specifically in the Space program for 15years to have earned it?

Edit: Nevermind, seems she answered that question in the post above this one! ROFL!
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 June 2006, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                Since poor PR seems to be getting a be getting frustrated by all these comments, I thought I'd post these for those of us who may need more info.

Space and Missile Badge

Pictures of old badges and info about when each is worn

According to the second link, a Master Level Badge is worn when an officer has 15 years in their specialty. PR would probably knows better than I, but seeing as Sam now has 15 years in service, wouldn't she have this badge? Or does she have to be working specifically in the Space program for 15years to have earned it?

Edit: Nevermind, seems she answered that question in the post above this one! ROFL!
                i'm not furstrated. i'm...well, i'm not fustrated at anyone in particular.

it does have to be 15 years in the specialty, but i can't think of much else she'd have done seeing as its the only badge she wears.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove

Oooh look at all the pretty colours
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Yeah, when the Torri fans were squeeing about it, I was going "Meh, Buffy", "Meh, Star Trek". There are some plots that every sci fi show feels obliged to pull out of the hat, whether they should be done or not. This plot, the Collateral Damage plot (I vividly recall the episode of Voyager where Tom Paris was accused of... yeah, well), and it seems Vala Spawn plot which has been covered in V, Xena and various others).
                    I am one of the blissfully ignorant ones because I have never watched any of those shows. I wouldn't know the idea had been used before unless, well, Tracy told me!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

I love how the new badge has already been dubbed the "Buzz Lightyear" badge. That's perfect!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey all. I belong to the SG-1 group over at Yahoo and I just opened this up.
                        It's an interview with Teryl Rothery.

http://eclipsemagazine.com/modules/news/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix

That interview has Ripple Effect Spoilers for anyone who's still Season Nine unspoiled
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix

nice. ok there was nothing about amanda or sam in there, but i nice bit about chris judge and its nice to know that she's with us on that whole RCC killing off janet thing. leaves me concerned as to what else he might decide to do with another female cast member in sg1's next "last season". hopefully he won't have that much input in the season.

ya know, if brad wright lets me down with season 10, i'll be inconsolable. and bitter and angry. i have a feeling i'll go very casual with my sg1 viewing. possibly more casual than i am about atlantis.

i shall let the first couple of episodes of the season make my decision i think. there's some great sam potential there considering the end of the last season and if they screw it up and don't make use of it by not giving her enough screen time for that storyline and just focusing on the newer and hence clearly more important characters i could very well be done. and i don't want that. although, considering who's writing it, i don't have much hope for this one. maybe i should hold out for an ep writen by someone else.

i'm rambling again. i'll stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              That interview has Ripple Effect Spoilers for anyone who's still Season Nine unspoiled

Sorry sometimes I forget about that.

Comment

Tell us how you really feel there Mini

Originally posted by minigeek
                                Hell Yeah. And while they're at it, why can't Jack and Sam just get it freakin' together and SNOG. Regs schmegs. I wannna see some Sam/Jack snogage, fcol!

geeek
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X