Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfbooy
    I must say that the Atlantis pictures with RDA are doing much to revive my rage at the fact that he wanted to come do more Stargate and got plopped on Atlantis for 3 episodes as opposed to with Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel. Seriously, this does not endear me to Atlantis or its characters. That guy is Jack O'neill, and he belongs on SG-1.
    Spoiler:
    When it came out that 3 of RDA's 5 appearances were going to be on Atlantis... and then the 4th was going to be the 200th 'farce' episode... leaving the possibility for RDA to be appearing in only one real SG-1 episode....

...what popped into my head was that they really don't want anything or anyone on SG-1 (the show) that challenges Mitchell's role as The Lead Male. Daniel is as close as they are going to allow anyone get to sharing the screen with Mitchell.

Too cynical?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Spoiler:
      When it came out that 3 of RDA's 5 appearances were going to be on Atlantis... and then the 4th was going to be the 200th 'farce' episode... leaving the possibility for only one appearance on a real SG-1 episode....

...what popped into my head was that they really don't want anything or anyone on SG-1 (the show) that challenges Mitchell's role as The Lead Male. Daniel is as close as they are going to allow anyone get to sharing the screen with Mitchell.

Too cynical?
      Spoiler:
      You're right. Jack's THE man, and he'd make Mitchell look...well...bad, cause Jack is just that awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        the atlantis photos are up on gateworld, just check out the main page

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s3...s/306_06.shtml

or that is one droolalicious one of jack
        omg, omg, omg (--damn, he's hot--) omg, omg, omg! they changed the space missile badge!!!! they're...they're...oh, darn, what's the word?...that's it!!
        Spoiler:
        RIGHT!!
        they're right!!! (((hugs prop department)))
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Good night all.

Comment

Spoiler:
            When it came out that 3 of RDA's 5 appearances were going to be on Atlantis... and then the 4th was going to be the 200th 'farce' episode... leaving the possibility for RDA to be appearing in only one real SG-1 episode....

Too cynical?
            Nope. Right on the money, astro. Right on the money.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
              I must say that the Atlantis pictures with RDA are doing much to revive my rage at the fact that he wanted to come do more Stargate and got plopped on Atlantis for 3 episodes as opposed to with Carter, Teal'c, and Daniel. Seriously, this does not endear me to Atlantis or its characters. That guy is Jack O'neill, and he belongs on SG-1.

Edited to Add:

Skydiver beat me to it. I do share the sentiment, though.
              I totally agree especially since I feel they are forcing me into watching this show when I have no desire to do so otherwise. But I guess that's the point of it really isn't it? To pick up viewers who don't watch SGA by using RDA as the dangling cookie.

Oh well. It's kinda sad that they are doing this to SGA, but obviously TPTB aren't feeling real secure with last seasons ratings or with the numbers they are getting in syndication. As it is, I'm already forced into watching four episodes of Atlantis inorder to get a glimpse of AT and RDA. Personally, I find it highly annoying. It would be one thing if they brought these characters on the show and they truly had a reason to be there,
              Spoiler:
              but I have a feeling the little thing with AT on Atlantis with McKay and his sister is going to be little more than an ackward moment between McKay and Sam.
              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 08 June 2006, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Too cynical?
                Re: S10 story arcs and PR blitzes...
                Spoiler:
                No. Not cynical at all. I had a wee glimmer of hope when they first leaked the fact he was coming back... then they leaked it was for 5 eps... okay some hope it wasn't a ratings ploy a la Season 9 still left... then they announced it was the ones you said. And what I'm certain will be the walk-on 30-second smirk at the camera ratings ploy was confirmed for me.

I just feel sorry for casual fans who once again will get sucked up into the media blitz they'll put on to advertise his appearances ("Jack's Back!") just like they did last season when we expected a juicy meaty steak and instead got a weenie little hot dog. Again, guess it's a good thing to be plugged into on-line fandom... I have waaaay lower, bottom of the barrel expectations this time... can only go up, right?

I just hope that contrary to the spoiler info that's out there right now, that there's more face time/screen time for the original SG1 team members this season and for Sam.

*grins* Ahhhh, but Astro.... they're going to turn D into a Prior... so... it'll be 100% Cam....

****and if anyone doesn't know me, please don't get me wrong, I don't hate the character. Cameron Mitchell has had so much potential to be developed into a strong individual character with faults and weaknesses as well as strengths... but the overall way Cam has been presented so often is like... well.... Cam might need a little counseling there for some personality disorders..... like channeling Jack and John waaaaay too often...
                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                  Spoiler:
                  You're right. Jack's THE man, and he'd make Mitchell look...well...bad, cause Jack is just that awesome.
                  My one question - Jack can go to a 2 star in the blink of an eye and they can't/won't make Carter a Colonel??!! - what a crock o' crap. It just gets worse if you ask me TPRTS are soooo transparent and illogocal its ridiculous.

Comment

While I wish RDA was showing up on SG-1 more, I don't feel like I'm being forced to watch anything. I like Atlantis anyway. I guess what I want to say is that I can't be too angry, I mean at least he is coming back. And the shows are not totally unconnected. There will be crossovers with characters and story ideas. It would be weird for them to stay completely separate from each other. Atlantis is sort of like SG-1's child. Talk about abandonment issues!

Still, TPTB had a great chance to use RDA on SG-1 and didn't take it. *Sighs*

Comment

Spoiler:

Too cynical?
                      No, not to cynical at all - the antics of TPRTS these days just invites cynicism they are so illogical. When the info on RDAs wasted time first came out I said the same thing - this smacks of desperation to prop up SGA and it is a desperate attempt to keep the real SG1 apart because it will just make mitchell look weaker and more out of place (if THAT is even posible at this point) than he already is.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                        While I wish RDA was showing up on SG-1 more, I don't feel like I'm being forced to watch anything. I like Atlantis anyway. I guess what I want to say is that I can't be too angry, I mean at least he is coming back. And the shows are not totally unconnected. There will be crossovers with characters and story ideas. It would be weird for them to stay completely separate from each other. Atlantis is sort of like SG-1's child. Talk about abandonment issues!

Still, TPTB had a great chance to use RDA on SG-1 and didn't take it. *Sighs*
                        Well it's probably a good thing for fans who watch Atlantis and SG-1, but I'm sure there are more than a few Atlantis fans who have never watched SG-1 and really have no interest in seeing RDA and for me, being a fan who only watches Atlantis periodically, I just don't see why they used RDA's time the way they did. One episode on Atlantis I could have understood. I may have even been able to deal with three episodes of SG-1 and two of Atlantis...but three on Atlantis and two on SG-1? Jack has eight years of history with SG-1 and about 25mins of history with SGA. It just doesn't make sense to me other than to using him as a ploy to increase ratings next season.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          I just don't see why they used RDA's time the way they did. One episode on Atlantis I could have understood. I may have even been able to deal with three episodes of SG-1 and two of Atlantis...but three on Atlantis and two on SG-1?
                          I agree with you 100% Doesn't make much sense, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I totally agree especially since I feel they are forcing me into watching this show when I have no desire to do so otherwise. But I guess that's the point of it really isn't it? To pick up viewers who don't watch SGA by using RDA as the dangling cookie.

Oh well. It's kinda sad that they are doing this to SGA, but obviously TPTB aren't feeling real secure with last seasons ratings or with the numbers they are getting in syndication. As it is, I'm already forced into watching four episodes of Atlantis inorder to get a glimpse of AT and RDA. Personally, I find it highly annoying. It would be one thing if they brought these characters on the show and they truly had a reason to be there,
                            Spoiler:
                            but I have a feeling the little thing with AT on Atlantis with McKay and his sister is going to be little more than an ackward moment between McKay and Sam.
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm right there with you. I do have to say, though, that RDA has done something that 40 episodes of the Atlantis characters haven't been able to do. I'm actually sort of looking forward to an Atlantis episode. The photos in the gateroom are particularly enticing. Imagine how excited I'd be if it was Daniel or Teal'c or Sam in there with him.

Honestly, I think the last pictures that got me seriously juiced were the Moebius pictures with SG-1 in the desert. SG-1 of Arabia.

PS
                            I agree with you on Mckay and Mrs. Miller. I made a short post in either the rage or whinge thread a couple of days ago bemoaning the writers unimaginitive use of Carter as Mckay's crutch. And as I posted there, I still think it'd be way more interesting if Carter's scene was with Mckay's sister instead of Mckay. Alas, I have no reason to believe that Martin Gero won't go for the same overdone dynamic here, too. Yep. Me is cynical too.

Comment

Hi there Sam fans! Are any of you going to Shore Leave other than me?

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                My one question - Jack can go to a 2 star in the blink of an eye and they can't/won't make Carter a Colonel??!! - what a crock o' crap. It just gets worse if you ask me TPRTS are soooo transparent and illogocal its ridiculous.
                                So, in a little more than two years he's gone from Colonel to Major General?

Hmmm.

Hey, PR? What are the TIG and TIS requirements for promotion again?

Comment

Working...
                                X