Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Season 9 Poll is now up and active

Please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
    but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
    (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season 9 Episode Summaries

>>>Link to Season 9 Poll

Comment

http://tvshows.aol.com/show/stargate...54210000/main#

Go see vignette 5 for another preview of Uninvited and a little bit of ep 200. O'Neill is in it,the clip lol

Comment

Uninvited
        Spoiler:
        Sam looks good in Landry's chair as 2IC while he's off duty at Jack's cabin!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
          Uninvited
          Spoiler:
          Sam looks good in Landry's chair as 2IC while he's off duty at Jack's cabin!
          Oooh...I agree. It gives me chills whenever I see her get all commandery.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

'uninvited' spoilers

Spoiler:
            so, did mitchell and landry have another talk about the command issue???

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Ya know, sal, we only have 1.75 hours left to go.

Comment

The episode sound's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  'uninvited' spoilers

Spoiler:

sally
                  Yes, they did

Spoiler:
                  and Landry pretty much told him, "Tough luck, you wanted to learn from the best, now deal with it." Well maybe not in those exact words, but that's how I heard it.

Other than that,

Spoiler:
                  loved the Sam/Teal'c scenes: Sam's little quip about how Teal'c was using ironic in a sentence and the end, Sam beating Teal'c in the poker game. Oh, now we have another one for the list of things making Sam happy: winning a poker game.
                  Also liked the Sam/Vala scene in Landry's office.

Of course, Sam in command totally rocked and also that she was the one figuring out what went wrong and where the creature was coming from.

The Power of Sam, I tell ya!!!
                  Last edited by Dani76; 11 August 2006, 06:36 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

all in all, it could have been worse

uninvited
                    Spoiler:

to the con, vala uses the healing device, not sam
                    the sfx of the monsters is cheesy to the max
                    jack's cabin has mysteriously reloacted itself to silver spring colorado
                    vala simply will not SHUT UP. she yuammers and yammers and everyone seems to lack the ability to tell her to shut upand just indulges her
                    you can tell damian wrote it, blatant tng bit with the poker game

to the pro

sam is in command of the base.
                    she doesnsn't screw up
                    she is in command of colonel reynolds
                    she figures out the monster
                    vala, when she shuts up, is tolerable (still h as those frakkin pig tails though)
                    teal'c and sam have a few great bits

all in all, it could have been worse, not sure how it could have been better. it was simply a filler episode to kill an hour.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

'uninvited' spoilers

Spoiler:

sally
                      They talked about Cam saying last week that
                      Spoiler:
                      that he's not in charge of anything because Sam's the same rank and the rest of the team isn't military. And Landry told Cam that his job was to keep SG-1 together, in order to defeat the Ori.

What was more telling was that they discussed the reasons the rest of the team hadn't joined them yet. Teal'c was checking something out off-world, Daniel was in England at a medieval library, Vala needed to ride with her teammates...and Sam couldn't leave the SGC until Colonel Reynolds got back from his off-world mission so she'd have someone to whom she could hand over command of the facility!!!!!

So far, that's it on the leadership issue......but, all in all, not bad.

What I also liked was that, upon hearing some shots fired in the woods near the cabin, Cam said,
                      Spoiler:
                      "Sounds like a Vice-Presidential hunting party."

D'oh!!!

Kinda reminded me of Jack saying, "Who elected this SHRUB?"

If you're not American and/or don't get these references, PM me and I'll explain. But the show is still missing two very important and necessary components--Jack and the Sam/Jack Ship!

Comment

They did (uninvited)
                        Spoiler:
                        talk but Landry didn't say he was promoting Mitchell over Sam..Yippie!!!!! I was holding my breath through the whole conversation . All Landry said to Mitchell was that he (Mitchell) got SG-1 back together and that he had to keep them that way.

Comment

'uninvited' spoilers

Spoiler:
                          so, in about an hour and a half, i have to look forward to...

landry not promoting mitchell over sam?!

AND SAM IN COMMAND OF THE ENTIRE BASE?!!

i must do this.

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!

k, done.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

'uninvited' spoilers

Spoiler:
                            sally
                            Spoilers for Uninvited.
                            Spoiler:
                            Sort of...

Mitchell and Landry were sitting around a table drinking beer and Landry was trying to get Mitchell to loosen up. During which time the following conversation ensued...

Landry: Good, I want you to feel you can be honest with me.
                            Mitchell: Yes sir.
                            Landry: But I suppose that's easier for me than it is for you. I am the General.
                            Mitchell: No sir, I believe it's probably hard for you in some ways.
                            Landry: Oh? Lonely at the top and all?
                            Mitchell: No more not knowing what people think of your decisions.
                            Landry: Relax son. I was thinking about what you said to me last week bout not being in charge of anything.
                            Mitchell: I'm just used to a clearer chain of command.
                            Landry: You could have picked any team you wanted. You chose to make it your personal mission to get Colonel Carter, Doctor Jackson and Teal'c back together.
                            Mitchell: That's true and I wouldn't change that for the world.
                            Landry: You said you wanted to learn from the very best.
                            Mitchell: Yes I did, it's just... after all was done, there was a part of me that figured I could do anything. Well since coming to the SGC I have learned that I can't handle any of this without the rest of SG-1.
                            Landry: I believe in you Colonel.
                            Mitchell: Thank you sir.
                            Landry: ...but we're getting our asses kicked.
                            Mitchell: ...yes we are.
                            Landry: We're not going to get medals for participation
                            Mitchell: No sir.
                            Landry: We win or we die.
                            Mitchell: I prefer winning.
                            Landry: and you started... by bringing SG-1 back together and I need you to continue working together if we're going to have any hope. You're job is to make sure that happens.
                            Mitchell: Very good sir.

I'm still trying to decide if I liked the episode. I'm really getting tired of episodes involving bugs and parasites. Here's hoping this is the last of them, but the ending was rather funny.

Comment

It was great to see Sam
                              Spoiler:
                              in charge of the SGC. She did a superb job. Very believable. She and Vala had a moment by theirselves. It seemed to me Sam was babysitting or mothering Vala especially when Vala wa about to put her feet up on the general's desk.
                              The creatures looked like something from a video game. Very much CG and not very realistic. It was an ok espisode and the highlights for me was seeing Sam in control and Landry not informing Mitchell of a promotion

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                                It was great to see Sam
                                Spoiler:
                                in charge of the SGC. She did a superb job. Very believable. She and Vala had a moment by theirselves. It seemed to me Sam was babysitting or mothering Vala especially when Vala wa about to put her feet up on the general's desk.
                                The creatures looked like something from a video game. Very much CG and not very realistic. It was an ok espisode and the highlight for me was seeing Sam in control and Landry not informing Mitchell of a promotion
                                I like the way you put that, Maria. And our wonderful Kat already had it transcribed for us! Tah-dah! What a thread!!!

And I do agree with Skydiver that
                                Spoiler:
                                the monster was really cheesy....and that Vala babbled on incessantly. But she and Sam seemed to play off each other well in their scenes together.

Comment

Working...
                                X