Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1
    First of all, I'll hold him, while you......

Spoiler:
    Let's not forget the biggest blunder wasn't Sam's it was Landry's for not locking out the codes of a high ranking officer who had been comprimised (captured) And they make Sam apolagize
    Exactly. Great point, Mandy. What were the writers thinking in this episode? There are much more
    Spoiler:
    creative ways for Ba'al to still get what he wanted in the end.

Comment

he's just upset because he hasn't been nominated for any fanfic awards
      yeah, well situations like that is why they have anti-campaigning rules
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
        It's been getting really negative here lately...and I don't understand it all.
        I'm with you Oooober...it makes me sad too...we need to support/get behind Sam/Amanda!
        I respect that we all have our own opinions and feelings but it just seems that's there's more negativity here than what there used to be. Am I wrong?
        Ok...that was my 5 cents worth...now I'm gonna go have a nice hot cup of chocolate and get ready to go out to lunch with my mum!
        Happy posting folks...H.A.P.P.Y posting...well one can only try and spread happiness so far...
        I have to say that I am surprised at the negativity directed toward Sam. This is my favorite thread in the whole forum and I'm feeling very upset to come here and find so many negative vibes.
        In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
        so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
        Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
        Hic Comitas Regit
        Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Exactly. Great point, Mandy. What were the writers thinking in this episode? There are much more
          Spoiler:
          creative ways for Ba'al to still get what he wanted in the end.
          yes, there are like
          Spoiler:
          what if barrett was a clone? or snaked? what if he orchestrated baal's escape to insure his 'master' got away

sigpic

Comment

Insiders
            Originally posted by golfbooy
            Since when is
            Spoiler:
            retaking the mountain NOT the primary concern during a foothold situation?
            Hmmm...
            Spoiler:
            S9?

Did I win?

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Maybe Landry's statement to Mitchell about leadership was more then it appeared to be.
              Spoiler:
              Maybe the whole "who does" kinda highlights his own lack of knowledge and control of the SGC. Maybe he is in over his head the way Mitchell is and maybe thats why he is such a solid Mitchell backer. Carter is smarter, more experienced and more qualified then either of them. That must be intimidating.
              Excellent observation.
              Spoiler:
              I don't think Landry knows what's going on either. That's why Mitchell never gets even a slap on the wrist for the crud he's pulled. Sam knows more than that man ever will about the SGC. I'm certain she intimidates him.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                I agree with you for the most part....but there is a lingering feeling of dread that TPTB are using her decision to set Sam up for a downfall as the reason to
                Spoiler:
                promote Mitchell over her
                Spoiler:
                They can't, they just can't! He's too young and Sam would be eligible before he would. Sky reposted a post the other day detailing all of that. Besides that, it would be a horrible move on the part of TPTB(besides the already horrible one that put us in this position). Are they trying to lose all their fans?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  The sad thing is they continue to put Sam in situations like this throughout the season.

The following contains very detailed spoilers for Company of Thieves. Do not read unless you wish to be spoiled!

Spoiler:

There is a scene in this episode where Sam is being held hostage with another hostage. The bad guy wants Sam to shut something off.

Bad Guy: Colonel Carter, I need you to shut that off.
                  Sam: I'm not helping you.
                  Bad Guy: You do not have a choice. You will do whatever I want you to do.
                  Bad Guy raises gun towards the other hostage and Carter reacts.
                  Hostage: Don't do it, Sam.
                  Bad Guy: Oh I suggest you do it, Sam.
                  Bad guy grabs Sam and forces her towards the item in question.
                  Sam: It's not designed to be shut off. It activates automatically and stays on.
                  Bad Guy: Then remove it!
                  Hostage: Don't tell him!

Bad guy shoots hostage in the chest.

Sam reacts, horrified..

Bad guy shoots hostage two more times to make sure he's dead.

Sam is in shock..

So first we get to see one side of the coin where Sam reacted and did what was asked to do inorder to save the hostage's life and later we get to see her not react and allow a hostage to die. Oh yeah, this is going to be such a fun season for Sam. I'm SO looking forward to the remainder of the season.

Spoiler:
                  Hum...who wants to bet the people that bashed Sam for saving the hostages in 'Insiders' will be the same ones bashing her for this one dying? Maybe she's considering what happened last time she was in the same situation. Either way it's a lose lose situation.

Comment

i don't think they're thinking of the fans they'll lose. All i think they can see is 101 ways to pump up mitch...and to heck with the collateral damage

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                      Insiders

Hmmm...
                      Spoiler:
                      S9?

Did I win?
                      Oh, there's no fooling you, is there? Your prize shall be a whack of piping hot fries to replace those I cost you yesterday. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                        I have to say that I am surprised at the negativity directed toward Sam. This is my favorite thread in the whole forum and I'm feeling very upset to come here and find so many negative vibes.
                        LadyJeep, we are not negative about Sam, we are negative about the way the poor writing has portrayed her character. Pointing out the flaws(plot holes) in the script and how Sam would never do something (in some peoples opinions) goes to the writer not the character. And as Oooober said, even if we don't all agree on something we are all still fans of Sam/AT (Okay so I'm paraphrasing b/c I'm too lazy to go and find her actual post )

I hope this puts your mind to rest, we are all still Samanda's and we still adore Sam
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                          Oh, there's no fooling you, is there? Your prize shall be a whack of piping hot fries to replace those I cost you yesterday. Enjoy.
                          Yum.

Happy 500th, gbooy!

Comment

LadyJeep, we are not negative about Sam, we are negative about the way the poor writing has portrayed her character. Pointing out the flaws(plot holes) in the script and how Sam would never do something (in some peoples opinions) goes to the writer not the character. And as Oooober said, even if we don't all agree on something we are all still fans of Sam/AT (Okay so I'm paraphrasing b/c I'm too lazy to go and find her actual post )

I hope this puts your mind to rest, we are all still Samanda's and we still adore Sam
                            Mandy, yes, exactly. I'm a huge Sam fan. That's the reason I so strongly feel that what the writer(s) did to her character in this episode was reprehensible, out of character and quite frankly, realistically implausible for her rank, her station and her experience. The writer(s) made extremely poor decisions for Sam Carter in this episode (or they deliberately sabbotaged her character, which I'd rather not believe). Samantha Carter is not the person we saw towards the end of "Insiders". She shouldn't (and IMHO she wouldn't) respond in the way that she did. She wouldn't say the things that she did. Her experience and her training belie everything that went down there. It was p___ poor writing, with neither rhyme nor reason. Sam's competence and her savvy were sacrificed on the altar of a completely pathetic plot device. And unfortunately - despite its abject implausibility - now, all of it is canon.

mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                              Mandy, yes, exactly. I'm a huge Sam fan. That's the reason I so strongly feel that what the writer(s) did to her character in this episode was reprehensible, out of character and quite frankly, realistically implausible for her rank, her station and her experience. The writer(s) made extremely poor decisions for Sam Carter in this episode (or they deliberately sabbotaged her character, which I'd rather not believe). Samantha Carter is not the person we saw towards the end of "Insiders". She shouldn't (and IMHO she wouldn't) respond in the way that she did. She wouldn't say the things that she did. Her experience and her training belie everything that went down there. It was p___ poor writing, with neither rhyme nor reason. Sam's competence and her savvy were sacrificed on the altar of a completely pathetic plot device. And unfortunately - despite its abject implausibility - now, all of it is canon.

mg
                              And we know what they can do with their cannon
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

And we know what they can do with their cannon
                                They use that cannon to blow holes in their plots.

Comment

Working...
                                X