Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    yes, vala is better without daniel

we'll just have to wait for next week, or the week after to see if she reverts to the nympho sexpot around him or if she stays 'normal'
    That's SEX KITTEN you, get it RIGHT!
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

You know, this episode brought up something I've been wishing for recently. I would LOVE to see Amanda Tapping on Celebrity Poker Showdown. Yes I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
        You know, this episode brought up something I've been wishing for recently.
        Spoiler:
        I would LOVE to see Amanda Tapping on Celebrity Poker Showdown. Yes I would.
        Spoiler:
        We know she can bluff!

Comment

spoilers for 'insiders'

Spoiler:
          my fave part hands down was SAM IN COMMAND!!

my least fave part was mitchell. i'm afraid, 'fixed' or not, i can barely stomach him. and this is not a good thing for a guy that's supposed to be the leading man. all the landry-mitchell scenes are the ones i'll be fastforwarding through.

but sam was in command of the whole kit and caboodle!!

the leadership convo was ambiguous (wow, there's a word i haven't written like 1,000,000,000,000 times), but good enough to let me know that there's still co-leading going on. AND SAM WAS IN COMMAND OF THE SGC!! and it was NOT confirmed that mitchell is leading this team as his own. he still is out experienced 10-1 with sam, daniel, and teal'c.

and did i mention that SAM WAS IN COMMAND?!?!

k, time to sign off so i can get up at an ungodly hour to work for long hours so i can come home and not sleep and just come here to play because i don't have a life i'm just into this show which i'm hoping will show a happy sam/jack resolution and sam in command and i'll stop now because i have to get up early to work. bye.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            It was almost like they heard us, cared and responded.....

I mean.....
            Spoiler:
            Sam in charge of the SGC in the General's absence. Cam talking about how he realizes he still has a lot to learn and that he's not really in command.....nice.....

Now, if they'll just do something REAL for the Sam/Jack Shippers among us, I can be happy.....

...I can even take an AU wedding if it provokes a REAL discussion or advance in the relationship between Sam and Jack.....

Oops! Sorry.....wrong thread!

oh, i was thinking the exact same thing! they're addressing some issues this season (that they, themselves, created), so... i hope they'll go that step further and resolve the sam/jack relationship!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Spoiler:

just come here to play because i don't have a life i'm just into this show which i'm hoping will show a happy sam/jack resolution and sam in command and i'll stop now because i have to get up early to work. bye.

Me too, Sally. Me too. Goodnight!

Comment

One last post then I must go to bed, but in tonight's episode
                Spoiler:
                Sam was in charge of the base, not Mitchell. This is very telling! It would have been determined ahead of time who would be in charge until Reynolds could take command. If Mitchell were ahead of Sam in the chain of command, he would not have been allowed to take off early. Sam is obviously 2IC of the base or third if Reynolds in 2IC (which can't be since Sam remained in charge after he returned). Major score for Samanda tonight!

Goodnight everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                  One last post then I must go to bed, but in tonight's episode
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam was in charge of the base, not Mitchell. This is very telling! It would have been determined ahead of time who would be in charge until Reynolds could take command. If Mitchell were ahead of Sam in the chain of command, he would not have been allowed to take off early. Sam is obviously 2IC of the base or third if Reynolds in 2IC (which can't be since Sam remained in charge after he returned). Major score for Samanda tonight!

Goodnight everyone!
                  SCORE!!! *does happy dance*

Comment

apparently i'm in the minority tonight.
                    Spoiler:
                    sam in command of the SGC (though i'm not sure it actually makes sense) and sam actually being the scientist she should be (as opposed to hesitating and screwing up for no reason) were my only major positives. on the whole it felt out of character and manipulated. i mean they LOCKED mitchell and landry in a cabin together. how much more contrived can you get? and it wouldn't be as bad if they didn't CONTINUALLY shove it in my face.
                    the hand device thing was horrible. ok, sam's uncomfortable with it, fine. but at least ADDRESS it. it felt extremely like vala was purposefully shoving it in her face, which makes NO sense given the friendship that was supposedly building throughout the rest of the ep. these scenes actually would have been great, but i just can't feel a connection between them. WHY, fcol? WHY are they friends? it didn't click for me like all the others. this isn't to say that the actors weren't good together, because they were. but it didn't feel like stargate; it felt like two people who shouldn't actually be friends acting like it and having a very amusing time.
                    the bird scene was the same way. beau was A-MAZING but it didn't feel like landry. i just didn't see the point. the fat kid comment did work though.
                    and mitchell running in the woods like that? are you KIDDING? and learn how to hold your gun for cryin out loud! i literally screamed with him flipping it around like that. him who tells the other guy to watch where he's pointing his. then he tells the cloaked guy everything. what if he just found it? what if he stole it? he has NO idea what's going on with the trust, and yet he tells the guy everything. and how many things have to go missing from area 51 before we get a clamp down? or at least an investigation?
                    Vala i didn't mind so much. she was annoying, and really really bad, but i just pretended that was the point of her character and i was ok. for the most part. it didn't deal with how the others treated her though, which i felt was really wrong.
                    the leadership talk. what WAS that? the outcome was wonderful (relatively speaking), don't get me wrong. co-leadership, no full bird mitchell, but the actual conversation? i don't even know. i do know that if i get one more mitchell/landry bonding scene i may go for a run in the woods.
                    and the poker scene. yes, it was funny. but it crossed the line into ridiculous. the star trek scene (which they were channeling) was good, very strong. the completion of a family. this wasn't anything. i enjoyed seeing sam win, but that's all i got from it. even the teal'c thing didn't feel like teal'c. funny, sure, but not teal'c.
                    top that all off with a horribly contrived A-plot, a horrible contrived B-plot, a bad monster, a REALLY bad monster, and a conclusion that really got no where and i wish they'd just taken the week off. this may actually be the worst one yet for me. yeah, the vast majority of season 9 was boring, and there were a few scream-worthy scenes, but this was a scream-worthy episode. the worst part is that it would actually be really funny if i wasn't expecting stargate.
                    guys, i really don't mean that i think any of you don't know what stargate is anymore, or that you have too low standards. i don't. in fact, i'm not sure why i don't see what you do. i really wish i did because i wanted to have fun with this. please don't take it the wrong way
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Uninvited:
                      Spoiler:
                      BEST EP EVAR. Well, at least for a while Hahahahaha, I'm still lol'ing over the poker game. Seriously, the rest of the episode could have been the worst drivel in the history of television and I wouldn't have cared because of the poker scene. Sam went All In. On a bluff. And Won! Thats like my favouritest tactic ever And lolol at Teal'c, Vala and Sam taking Mitchell's money off him

Also, Sam keeping the SGC running while Landry was away Whooo! And her amusement at the thought of Mitchell spending quality time with Landry - hahahaha.
                      Yay, another named scientist at the SGC! I thought she was gonna red-shirt for a moment, but then Teal'c was there

Comment

Hi guys, from reading the spoilers for last night's ep it seems like TPTB HAVE been lurking here and, what's even better, they seem to be paying attention to what we have to say! I'm really looking forward to watching this when I have the time to sit down and enjoy it! I'm very glad that we're beginning to see the old Sam back with a vengeance, let's hope it continues! *crosses fingers*
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Uninvited - well I loved it and I hated it!!

Beware negative thoughts follow - read at own risk

Spoiler:

First of all I hated the cheesy monster flick theme and the tendency towards a tad more gore than I am willing to watch. I don't watch horror flicks for a reason - I'm a very visual person and I have a great imagination, I usually scare myself 10 times worse than what I see I could have done with out seeing the civilian victims on earth, my imagination is filling in way too many blanks and I didn't watch the autopsy either, eeewww.

I loved seeing Sam in charge at the SGC - but there was no logical reason (military wise peeps) when we know there are a few more senior colonels there. What?? they were ALL off base? Sam did however fill the role with style

Sam / Teal'c moments were great!! Didja see that look Teal'c gave her when she sent him off to the planet with Vala The poker game was great too, we got one of those great megawatt smiles.

I have a love / hate thing going with Vala. I am a big CB fan so I enjoy watching her BUT there is just no damn logical reason why the hell she is anywhere near the SGC let alone always being with SG-1 BAH!!!!

Mitchell - aaarrgghhhh where am I gonna whinge about Mitchell now that WSL is closed. Look out Whinge Nuts & Anti S10 here I come!! Let me just say that I did not enjoy the Landry / Mitchell moments.

I really do not like how Mitchell and Vala so don't belong at the SGC and their characters are poorly written, so much so that they try to take something uniquely the "classic team" and give it to the noobs. So Sam had the leaders job and you took it off her and gave it to Mitchell. Sam has a classic car so Mitchell gets one, Sam has ...... ooops that would be a spoiler for a future ep!! Sam can use Gou'auld tech but wasn't allowed to use it previously because that would make the plots too easy however Vala gets free reign

Oh yeah, Mitchells car looked like a 1965 High Performance Mustang, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a better idea?

I loved Reynolds - traded looks with Sam and "amateurs coming through" also notice how he had their six covered in the clearing scene with the monster! Ugh, those stupid stand out boots with the camo gear from Babylon (I whinged about them then too).

I did enjoy the Teal'c / Vala moments.

Got a good surprise when the sheriff bought the farm, no gore either

Like I said - I loved and hated it. Loved it because it was so much better than S9 and they are working to try to fix it BUT I hated it because it still aint Stargate - IMHO.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX
                            Spoiler:
                            I loved seeing Sam in charge at the SGC - but there was no logical reason (military wise peeps) when we know there are a few more senior colonels there. What?? they were ALL off base? Sam did however fill the role with style
                            Spoiler:
                            I wonder if that was intended to pacify those who are angry and/or upset about Sam's loss of command, implying - though never actually saying - that while she is no longer in command of SG-1, she is base 2IC.

You're right that it doesn't make sense from a military standpoint for Sam to command the base when there are more senior officers there but I've decided that I can't expect sense from a general who –

(a) Puts a green newbie in command of a team who not only have to travel to other planets, but who are the team most likely to run into trouble.
                            (b) Leaves said newbie in command despite the fact that a far more experienced and far more suitable candidate for command is available.
                            (c) Allows Vala to be on the team despite having met her.
                            (d) Makes no move to have his daughter transferred out of his chain of command, despite the obvious potential for favouritism and for personal issues to override professional ones.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              Spoiler:
                              I wonder if that was intended to pacify those who are angry and/or upset about Sam's loss of command, implying - though never actually saying - that while she is no longer in command of SG-1, she is base 2IC.

You're right that it doesn't make sense from a military standpoint for Sam to command the base when there are more senior officers there but I've decided that I can't expect sense from a general who –

(a) Puts a green newbie in command of a team who not only have to travel to other planets, but who are the team most likely to run into trouble.
                              (b) Leaves said newbie in command despite the fact that a far more experienced and far more suitable candidate for command is available.
                              (c) Allows Vala to be on the team despite having met her.
                              (d) Makes no move to have his daughter transferred out of his chain of command, despite the obvious potential for favouritism and for personal issues to override professional ones.
                              Wel said, Regan! IMO that's just the first four of a VERY long list of screw-ups and let downs as far as Landry's command skills go. He's a poor imitation of Hammond, Jacob and O'Neill IMO and I think it's a shame that the writers have placed such a weak General in charge of the SGC. But, then again, the last season seems to have been about weakening characters.

Hopefully 'Uninvited' is a sign of better things to come during the rest of season 10.

Sabine Bauer summed it up rather nicely in her latest novel. When Sam is faced with a less-than-competent Colonel who treats his subordinates like garbage Teal'c gives him this disapproving look and Sam quite eloquently says "Don't look like that, Teal'c. Colonel O'Neill is the exception, not the rule." - I'm beginning to think that she has a point. Jacob, George and Jack set the bar extremely high.
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
                                Wel said, Regan! IMO that's just the first four of a VERY long list of screw-ups and let downs as far as Landry's command skills go. He's a poor imitation of Hammond, Jacob and O'Neill IMO and I think it's a shame that the writers have placed such a weak General in charge of the SGC. But, then again, the last season seems to have been about weakening characters.

Hopefully 'Uninvited' is a sign of better things to come during the rest of season 10.
                                Even a weak general could have worked, storywise, with a few modifications.
                                • Don't have Jack choose Landry to be in charge, he's got better judgement than that.
                                • Maybe the reason Sam was ever so conveniently transferred a whole week before Mitchell showed his face was because Landry was worried that, as Sam had been involved with the Stargate Program longer than any other character and knew far, far more about it than he did that she would be seen as the power behind the throne, the one that other characters would automatically look to and because he wanted to make his command his own, Sam had to go. It would also explain why he virtually demoted her by not putting her back in command the second she got back to the SGC; as 2IC of SG-1 he saw her as less of a threat to his authority than she would have been as CO of the flagship team.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X