Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReganX
    Even a weak general could have worked, storywise, with a few modifications.
    • Don't have Jack choose Landry to be in charge, he's got better judgement than that.
    • Maybe the reason Sam was ever so conveniently transferred a whole week before Mitchell showed his face was because Landry was worried that, as Sam had been involved with the Stargate Program longer than any other character and knew far, far more about it than he did that she would be seen as the power behind the throne, the one that other characters would automatically look to and because he wanted to make his command his own, Sam had to go. It would also explain why he virtually demoted her by not putting her back in command the second she got back to the SGC; as 2IC of SG-1 he saw her as less of a threat to his authority than she would have been as CO of the flagship team.
    Yeah I know what you mean. General Bauer was one such example of an incompetent General who worked rather well. I think the reason he fit in so well was that it was obvious that everyone around him knew he was a poor leader and they, especially Sam, fought him as much as they could. I guess my biggest problem is that with Landry everyone just seems blind to his shortcomings and they're all towing the party line of "Oh what a great leader you are, Sir!"
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
      Yeah I know what you mean. General Bauer was one such example of an incompetent General who worked rather well. I think the reason he fit in so well was that it was obvious that everyone around him knew he was a poor leader and they fought him as much as they could. I guess my biggest problem is that with Landry everyone just seems blind to his shortcomings and they're all towing the party line of "Oh what a great leader you are, Sir!"
      Very similar to the way we are told that Mitchell has great leadership skills but don't actually see them.

I've decided that most of the characters are just being polite. Given the choice, they would prefer Hammond, Jack or Weir but since there's not too much they can do about it, they're trying to make the best of it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        Spoiler:
        I wonder if that was intended to pacify those who are angry and/or upset about Sam's loss of command, implying - though never actually saying - that while she is no longer in command of SG-1, she is base 2IC.

You're right that it doesn't make sense from a military standpoint for Sam to command the base when there are more senior officers there but I've decided that I can't expect sense from a general who –

(a) Puts a green newbie in command of a team who not only have to travel to other planets, but who are the team most likely to run into trouble.
        (b) Leaves said newbie in command despite the fact that a far more experienced and far more suitable candidate for command is available.
        (c) Allows Vala to be on the team despite having met her.
        (d) Makes no move to have his daughter transferred out of his chain of command, despite the obvious potential for favouritism and for personal issues to override professional ones.
        You've got some really good points there. I must admit that every time I start to like Landry I remember everything he let's Mitchell do and I get cranky. However after last week, he gets no wiggle room from me - bad performance will be called as such from now on!!

I also want to REALLY, REALLY, REALLY know what Sam's actual position at the SGC is now.

BUT back to the good stuff - Sam was really good in tonight's ep
        -

Comment

Hi just dropping in to say hi. Last night was the first episode I have seen all season. Loved
          Spoiler:
          that Sam was in charge of the SGC!!! Loved the Teal'c and Sam moments! I think they have toned Vala down some but it is the other characters reaction to her that makes her funny. I have mixed feelings about next week's episode, but I think I will watch it. RDA will be back!
          Well I have to run I hope all is well and everyone is doing fine.

Ann

Comment

Thank you for the lovely caps...I especially like the last one...Amanda has such a great smile

Comment

And now a few screen caps of Sam and her P90 from Uninvited

This is me looking on the bright side of things -
              Hey, we got Command!Sam, Science!Sam and Soldier!Sam all in one episode

Spoiler:

-

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX

Spoiler:

Like I said earlier, I hope it's a sign of (better) things to come! I'm glad the Samandans have a reason to be happy, it's been much needed after the past year and a bit!
                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX

Spoiler:

Teal'c looks like he would be more relaxed with a staff weapon.

Hey but he only has one gun AND hes wearing a coat with sleves <<<< me looking on the bright side tooo
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                    Teal'c looks like he would be more relaxed with a staff weapon.
                    Heh. My similar reaction was,
                    Spoiler:
                    "Funny how Carter looks so much more comfortable with that gun; Teal'c looks constipated." I also had another thought about Carter's naturalness relative to others',
                    but I'll spare AD.

Now if only Carter would start wearing cover outdoors again, I'd be a happy DEM.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfann55
                      Thanks PR!
                      Minister without Portfolio is basically a government minister who doesn't head a department and has no specific responsibilities, but can sit in on cabinet meetings, etc.

To get your own title, I believe you apply to the President and VP and tell them what skills you have to offer the kingdom.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      And sometimes in cases like myself it takes no skills at all.
                      and sometimes it takes very, very hard work to be given the title Royal Fertilizer Agitator, but the Royal Bookie came a bit easier
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                        Heh. My similar reaction was,
                        Spoiler:
                        "Funny how Carter looks so much more comfortable with that gun; Teal'c looks constipated." I also had another thought about Carter's naturalness relative to others',
                        but I'll spare AD.
                        O.o

As for Teal'c:
                        Spoiler:
                        He was firing an M249 SPW from the hip. There's bound to be some uncomfortable recoil

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                          Oh god you guys are so sweet and generous, the PMs and the messages here, you're makin' me cry! I didn't even realize that many people were online this time of day!

THANK YOU. All of you. I'm going to take all of this positive wonderful energy and put it to good work. One way or another.

Hugs all around,
                          geek
                          Sending lots of hugs and best wishes to you mini...hope everything is ok!
                          ((((mini))))
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                            I figured this thread would be more alive with
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam in command tonight. I think she did a great job. It's so funny she'd sit in Landry's chair in the briefing room, but not in his office! But Sam was definitely competent and in charge tonight. More like the old Sam. And the end was just priceless.
                            Well... only to answer for myself - I thought about coming and sharing my thoughts last night after the episode. But because I want to share here amongst fans who appreciate Sam much in the way I do, sharing means sharing my concerns in addition to the parts that did make me smile and sigh contentedly. I'm uneasy to do so now since it was made clear that the slightest mention of Cam here may be interpreted as an attack on his character and things need to be 100% happy and shiny...

So I'll just finish reading through a few places and log out....

*still looking forward to next week's total fluff episode though*
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the spoilers to Uninvited...can't wait to see it...one day!!
                              Sounds like a great ep.
                              Night all...take care and be safe!
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Lots of things ruined my enjoyment of Sam in charge last night

Spoiler:
                                Jack's cabin is in MINNESOTA. The writer then turned it to Landry's cabin in Colorado. The plates on the sheriff's vehicle were Colorado. Second, Landry is annoying. He's not funny and he's not leadership material. Why did Jack select him? Ugh! The sfx of those "creatures" were horrible. The sfx of earlier seasons were tremendously better.

I loved the Vala/Sam exchange in Landry's office. That was a highlight of the episode. And Sam rocked as leader of the SGC.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X