X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATULATIONS

to all of the Stargate Fanfiction Nominees

here at Samanda!!!!

Thanks for devoting your time and effort to writing such great fanfiction. Now I know how I will be spending my weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
      you do this: "Ok stupid question but what do you have to do to receive an Samanda Card??" expect that it's not a stupid question, otherwise more people would know the answer.
      Can I get a card too? I wouldn't want Royal Security to give me a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Spoiler:
        True, but normally even in spoilers the character's are mentioned. Teal'c may not have any speaking parts, but it will say something like Teal'c grabs Vala's arm, pulling her up from the ground.

In the case of Bad Guys, Sam is not mentioned at all, which is not to say that she isn't back at the SGC working on something else or perhaps recovering in the infirmary from what happens to her in Road not Taken. She may have a smaller part in the episode, I just don't think she is actually with SG-1 in this one.
        Exactly.

Spoiler:
        Sam's not mentioned in any of the sides (which cover a little under 10 pages of script).

But I do agree about the Anti-Mitchell stuff permeating Samanda, AD. Thanks for bringing it up whenever you see it's an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
          Can I get a card too? I wouldn't want Royal Security to give me a hard time.
          aw, AD* would never do that! but here ya go. what exactly does that title mean anyway? and why don't i have one?

*and Carterslave, 1speed, strix, sunKrux...wow, Samanda must be a dangerous place
          sigpic
          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Yeah, but I think we all put up with your lack of posting because you still have one of the best Sam fics out there. How can we possibly turn away the author of such a masterpiece. You'll always be a Samandan even if you stop posting all together.
            Yipes! Holy cow! <blushes furiously> Thanks. I wish I could say I have something else coming down the pike, but one mustn't rest on one's moldy old laurels, so:

What Makes Sam Carter Smile

Getting the chance to actually finish an explanation when one is asked of her.

Promotions

Drawing stick pictures(I loved her goofy smile when she drew a picture of herself for Merrin)

The look on her dad's face when he discovers that his geek daughter has been going to other planets in reality.

The prospect of going boating with Janet and Cassie

Her uncle, Irving. (I'd love to meet that guy. )
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

Her uncle, Irving. (I'd love to meet that guy. )

Dare ya to write a story about him...

On a more serious (and definitely OT) note, guys, something's come up here - I really can't get into it in a public forum (I'd rather not), but if some of you can spare to send a few good thoughts and maybe a couple of prayers (mantras, hey, I'll even take chanting or any kind of positive karma) in my general direction, I would very dearly appreciate it.

Love,
              mg

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

aw, AD* would never do that! but here ya go. what exactly does that title mean anyway? and why don't i have one?

*and Carterslave, 1speed, strix, sunKrux...wow, Samanda must be a dangerous place
                Thanks PR!
                Minister without Portfolio is basically a government minister who doesn't head a department and has no specific responsibilities, but can sit in on cabinet meetings, etc.

To get your own title, I believe you apply to the President and VP and tell them what skills you have to offer the kingdom.

Comment

yes sir, my apologises. oooober, could you please link your lovely'n'amazing gifs? the true problem here is that i didn't know her pen name. good story though <grabs chips>.
                  Okie. I set several of them to linkie but left a few of them to play. Is better?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    spread the word guys - and gals - the awards nominees are finally up and ready to be voted on

It's finally time! The Stargate Fan Awards are now open for voting.

Yes, we're a little – okay, a lot – behind schedule, but we think the
                    delay
                    was worth it and we believe you'll appreciate the final product too.
                    This
                    year, we're very excited to have a brand new voting structure to go
                    along
                    with our new nomination system.

As in the past, all nominated works are viewable to anyone who would
                    like to
                    look at the creations of the many talented authors and artists. The
                    big
                    change comes in the form of voting: we now require anyone who wishes to
                    vote
                    to first create an account and log in.

This new system addresses a concern that many of you, the fans, have
                    expressed in the past. Your account will keep track of any and all
                    votes
                    that you have cast for the Stargate Fan Awards so that you may log in
                    at any
                    time to see in what categories and for whom you have voted. Not only
                    that,
                    but should you change your mind, you can modify your vote at any point
                    up
                    until the closing date of Sunday, September 24, 2006.

Authors and artists who have created an account previously in order to
                    place
                    their nominations can – and should! – use their existing accounts.

We *strongly* recommend that everyone read the voting rules
                    http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic/rules.php before creating their
                    accounts. The team does not consider "Oh, I didn't know about that" a
                    viable excuse and we'd hate for anyone's works or votes to be
                    disqualified
                    due to a violation of a plainly stated rule.

Also new this year: for nominees, there is a special icon you can place
                    next
                    to your nominated work(s). You'll find it on the SGFA eFic page.

This year, we have nearly 2500 eligible nominations, embracing the SG-1
                    and
                    Atlantis fandoms and encompassing fic and multimedia. So if you're
                    ready to
                    settle in to read fanfic, click your way through fan art, and sit back
                    to
                    watch fan music videos, then head on over to
                    http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic/ where you will find links to the
                    nominations and be able to create your account.

If you have any questions, check out our FAQ page, found here:
                    http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic/faq.php

Or, you can email us. Check out our contact page here
                    http://www.stargatefanawards.com/eFic/contact_email.php in order to
                    find the
                    "department" you need, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

We wish to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone for their ongoing
                    patience and support; it's been quite a learning curve for all of us
                    and our
                    webmistress, Kelly, was unable to rely on the rest of the
                    technologically
                    inept team for much help in coding. Thank you, Kelly, for all
                    your hard
                    work!

Best of luck to the nominees, and happy voting!

The Stargate Fan Awards team.
                    http://www.stargatefanawards.com/
                    Yeah, lots of wonderful stories to read!!! I'm going to get started right now!

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

On a more serious (and definitely OT) note, guys, something's come up here - I really can't get into it in a public forum (I'd rather not), but if some of you can spare to send a few good thoughts and maybe a couple of prayers (mantras, hey, I'll even take chanting or any kind of positive karma) in my general direction, I would very dearly appreciate it.

Love,
                      mg
                      Say no more, Mini. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way as we speak. Hope everthing is good soon!

((((Mini))))
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Good thoughts and many positive vibes, to you, minigeek.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

Love,
                          mg
                          Mini, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and always will be
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                            Ok stupid question but what do you have to do to receive an Samanda Card??
                            Cause I really would love to have one
                            Well you see, it's up to PR, and usually after you get one, you owe her big time, and have to repay in Ah...certain ways , but are not allowed to tell others what she made you do Or at least that's what I've heard
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

you do this: "Ok stupid question but what do you have to do to receive an Samanda Card??" expect that it's not a stupid question, otherwise more people would know the answer.

Repli

Tokra Hostess- i added a Royal Scribe title as per Kat's post, but i've never actually read the fic<hinthint>

and ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜber, i really like your gifs but they're taking at REALLY long time to load all at once (not that watching Sam say "Hi" in super-slow-mo isn't hilarious). could you spoiler tag them or link or something? please
                              Oooh thank you soooo much!!!!!

(((((((mini))))))) all my prayers go to you

and mandy lol (the only thing I can say there were no moose in it)

Comment

JanSam????

You're vid is awesome. Really really really good. Love it

Comment

Working...
                                X