The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Ah yes. Back in the day when the only instrument you had to carry music while travelling was something called ''voice''...
    Yeah... sad wasn't it?

And just blow harder!
    Huh?? Well yes, I always do my best

And speaking of coincidences........

"Julia Hague @JuliaHague

There is no such thing as a coincidence. Everything happens to us when & how it does for a reason. Finding out why is the true adventure."

Hm.....

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

I can imagine.

I do love the walkman and cassette player. It takes me back to when you had to listen to the radio and time exactly when you had to push the record button which always had a lag, so you'd end up with a song without the first three seconds and the voice of the disk jockey trailing behind.
      Or you're using a microphone because the connecting lead hasn't been invented yet and your brother enters the room talking very loudly, and you get a recording not only of him but of yourself swearing at him profusely

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Yeah... sad wasn't it?

Huh?? Well yes, I always do my best
        Quite pleasant I think. Imagine everyone singing in the streets!

And yeah... I... OK.

And speaking of coincidences........

"Julia Hague @JuliaHague

There is no such thing as a coincidence. Everything happens to us when & how it does for a reason. Finding out why is the true adventure."

Hm.....
        Ah. See?

Or you're using a microphone because the connecting lead hasn't been invented yet and your brother enters the room talking very loudly, and you get a recording not only of him but of yourself swearing at him profusely
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          I still have and use a walkman. Love the reaction I get at security at airports. The security people are often young and have no clue what it is or how to open it.
          Love it!

Or... when I was very small I had quite an obsession with Cats (as in the musical, not the animal). My dad copied the soundtrack onto cassette for me so that I could play the music myself as I wasn't allowed to use the record player. I came across those cassettes a few years ago and put them on to play out of nostalgia, and suddenly, in the middle of one of the songs, the music cut out and was replaced with a rather indignant childish voice (mine, according to my mum when I played it to her) saying "you can't call it that!", and then it went back to the music. Despite the delay thing the record button was still far too easy to push
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Love it!

Or... when I was very small I had quite an obsession with Cats (as in the musical, not the animal). My dad copied the soundtrack onto cassette for me so that I could play the music myself as I wasn't allowed to use the record player. I came across those cassettes a few years ago and put them on to play out of nostalgia, and suddenly, in the middle of one of the songs, the music cut out and was replaced with a rather indignant childish voice (mine, according to my mum when I played it to her) saying "you can't call it that!", and then it went back to the music. Despite the delay thing the record button was still far too easy to push

Did your mum remember what 'it' and 'that' were?

Comment

Ah, nostalgia... gotta love it!!

I never forget my Brother trying to ram a 7 inch into the CD player when he was about 4 or 5 (didn't work, snapped the record!!)- there's a decent age gap between us so what I grew up with he didn't

Just watched a lovely film called "The Whole Wide World", not what I was expecting, and the ending was very sad - never realised it was based on a true story (and yes, I did cry, profusely... sooooo not me!!)
              sigpic
              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Did your mum remember what 'it' and 'that' were?
                No. I don't think she remembered the incident itself, just recognised that it was my voice.

Aw. I'm feeling nostalgic now. Cats was my very first fandom The signs were there of a predisposition towards fannish obsession even at the age of 3-4 I listened to those cassettes constantly and I knew all the words.

Come to think of it, I still do, I think they're just hardwired into my brain from such early and excessive exposure
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Good afternoon WooHoos!

I'm with Jumble - been around long before CD players or walkmen. We didn't have copiers at school - the old mimeograph machines with the purple ink stuff that smelled to high heaven and got all over everything.

Today's bits:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    Good afternoon WooHoos!

I'm with Jumble - been around long before CD players or walkmen. We didn't have copiers at school - the old mimeograph machines with the purple ink stuff that smelled to high heaven and got all over everything.

Today's bits:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ters/crazy.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...s/fineline.jpg

HeHe.....

That second one is so me Nola
                    sigpic
                    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

*jumps in*

Hi!

I was already alive, and walking/talking, when there was the walkman! Loved that thing! And recording, I remember that! I had this radio that could have two cassette's! I was so happy with it! Recorded many songs with my friends...self sung...poor radio!
                      And then the portable cd-player came! Had one of those that I had to bring back 4 times! One actually had a cd shooting out of it! To say so...I brought it back..again... Only once tried to buy something of that brand again...and had another horrible experience with it. Never bought anything of that brand again!

Today really not feeling like working on my thesis*sigh* Can someone else translate my surveys
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello all! Well not having an easy time of it recently. My "babysitters" have meant well, but.... Let's just say, giving a one handed somewhat drugged person a filled to the top cup of hot chocolate is not a good idea! Have 2nd degree burns on my chest now! OUCH! Hopefully not scars!
                        Also came down with a cold and very bad cough. Not much fun!
                        In about 12 hours will have hopefully all stitches removed and then begin therapy. Also was told they used a lot more hardware then expected whatever that means! Maybe I will be able to type again!
                        sigpic

Comment

WooHoooooood!!! They've fixed that annoying glitch that sent you to the top of the page so you had to scroll down - now it goes straight to your first unread post!

Hope the stitch removal went ok Laurie

*waves to Jann*

I'm off out tonight - on a Wednesday, just to confuse you

And no, it's not a date

Comment

Jumble, I got really confused that I was reading the first unread post...

AND OMG. I'VE GOT AN INTERVIEW for that Petrol station job!!!! It's tomorrow. Funny story, I never got given the letter about the interview, it was sent to the right store, but they were supposed to have been today. I just got a phone call from my colleague saying their manager had been on the phone asking where I was. Apparently, he was told I was really keen so he was confused as to why I hadn't turned up! The only thing is I have to go to a completely different store for the interview - not mine, and not the store I'm interviewing for - and I can't get there easily with public transport.

Okay - problem solved, my Grandma is going to drive me there.
                            Last edited by m_wendy_r; 28 March 2012, 08:38 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos!

I'm with Jann. I saw all three steps of music-listening while growing up. I saw the walkman when I was little. I had a discman at the beginning of high school, and graduated with an iPod, lol! But you know, I'm a technology lover, so that last one is my favourite. So easy to use and little. Gotta love it!

*huggles Laurie for the burns and the cold*
                              *sends good vibe for the stitches removal*

WooHoooooood!!! They've fixed that annoying glitch that sent you to the top of the page so you had to scroll down - now it goes straight to your first unread post!
                              Really? Yay!

But I still have the subscription problem I had a few days ago. I never see when there is a new post in here. *sighs* So that they fixed that glitch doesn't really help me.

And have a good not-a-date tonight Jumble! Whatever that means.

EDIT: Awesome Wendy! You deserve it! Go you! I will send good luck vibes your way tomorrow.
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Love it!

Awww. That's so cute. I loved Cats, too, btw.

There's an old recording of me somewhere saying "rayo" meaning Radio, because apparently that was my first word.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Hello all! Well not having an easy time of it recently. My "babysitters" have meant well, but.... Let's just say, giving a one handed somewhat drugged person a filled to the top cup of hot chocolate is not a good idea! Have 2nd degree burns on my chest now! OUCH! Hopefully not scars!
                                Also came down with a cold and very bad cough. Not much fun!
                                In about 12 hours will have hopefully all stitches removed and then begin therapy. Also was told they used a lot more hardware then expected whatever that means! Maybe I will be able to type again!
                                *hugs*
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X