Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post

Edit: And since I'm a Google freak:

Look at it this way. Every trait you have is controlled by a pair (or pairs) of genes. There are two versions of these, the dominant version and the recessive version. In a "simple dominant" trait, like freckles, if you have even one dominant gene, you have freckles. Freckles is the dominant trait. You must have two recessive genes in order to not have freckles. In this way, two people who have freckles COULD theoretically have a kid with no freckles-that just means they both have a recessive gene covered up by the dominant freckles one.
    That's good to know! If the boy and I ever do decide to have a kid (unlikely!) there is a slight chance it might not come out one giant freckle!

It would definitely be snarky though.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Yes. Very normal

...Let's just hope Martin isn't lurking.
      Omg... I always forget about that. There should be a disclaimer attached to our more 'out there' posts. We is only joking. We loves Martin lots. We think he's yummy. We want.... Oh darnit.

Disclaimer: So kidding.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      That's good to know! If the boy and I ever do decide to have a kid (unlikely!) there is a slight chance it might not come out one giant freckle!
      Thanks for that image!

Suddenly I'm thinking about that tv show "look who's talking"

Edit: Loook!

It's the Woohoo tree!
      Last edited by Devilish Me; 26 March 2012, 01:54 PM.
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Sorry about your lappy Jumble. Sucks.

For those who have green eyes you might find this interesting: http://pumpkincat210.hubpages.com/hu...-of-Green-Eyes

I tried to find an article from a long time ago about the green eyes, that was longer and much more interesting but couldn't, so you get this. There's a bit of history for brown and blue eyes as well.

Edit: And since I'm a Google freak:
        Oh, LOVE this:

"Green eyes are said to be magical. People with green eyes tend to have long lasting relationships. They are the most passionate. People with green eyes are said to be handsome. It also has been said green eyed people are jealous, such as the saying "green with envy". Green eyed people may have liver or other digestive problems. In a non scientific survey, green eyes are said to be a powerful aphrodisiac."

That explains a lot

...Do you want Martin's baby?
        Fandom is scary. *nods*

Yes. Very normal

...Let's just hope Martin isn't lurking.
        Oh, I really hope he is

Originally posted by antoa View Post

I always dreaded having a red-haired, freckled child - they have outrageous tempers and are very hard to control!

So I've heard

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind huggles. <33333

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Glad to hear you're getting it sorted out, it's been going on far too long *hugs* for the homesickness. Hope you find somewhere of your own soon - any news on the job front?
          Not yet, no But it's still early days. I'm gonna see HR at the end of the week if I don't hear anything. I hope I do, even if it's a no, just so I can look here still and know where to go.

I also got my hospital appointment already. It's on the 11th April, so yay.

And, guys, I can finally tell you all I'm gonna be an auntie too. It was harder these last few days to not say anything because there's been so much baby news! But I promised my brother I wouldn't put it anywhere on the internet. At. All. And, well, I promised. But yes, gonna be an auntie. My SIL had her scan today so now we can tell people!

So I feel brighter today.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

More woohoo nieces or nephews on the way! How awesome!

Huge congrats!

*happy dances with Wendy*

I know what you mean about it being hard not to say anything when you're just bursting to tell people, I remember well, but it makes it all extra exciting all over again when you do get to!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Congrats Auntie Wendy

For heaven's sake don't let them call it James

Comment

Love the WooHoo tree

Jumble, no. He can only lurk when you're acing out!

WooHood Wendy!!!
                Congrats

*blinks*
                So we're doing the joined aunt thing...
                Does that mean we're supposed to be all getting pregnant at the same time as well?
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  More woohoo nieces or nephews on the way! How awesome!

Huge congrats!

*happy dances with Wendy*

I know what you mean about it being hard not to say anything when you're just bursting to tell people, I remember well, but it makes it all extra exciting all over again when you do get to!
                  I was super excited when he told me, but then I had to keep quiet. But yessss, extra exciting like before when he told me

Congrats Auntie Wendy

For heaven's sake don't let them call it James
                  According to my sister-in-law, having an Auntie Wendy is the greatest - her favourite Auntie was named Wendy

They have names picked out, so they say - if it's a girl, it's Kaitlyn (though there's a dispute on the spelling), and if it's a boy, it's Aiden. So, there's no James... unless they change their mind

sigpic
                  Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeey aunty Wendy!!!!
                    Good to hear about your appointment at the hospital.

And since we have so many British Woohoos: http://www.albertoandreu.com/wp-cont...positiva11.jpg
                    sigpic

Comment

WooHood Wendy!!!
                      Congrats

*blinks*
                      Does that mean we're supposed to be all getting pregnant at the same time as well?

...no
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

...no
                        Seconded!
                        sigpic

Comment

According to my sister-in-law, having an Auntie Wendy is the greatest - her favourite Auntie was named Wendy

They have names picked out, so they say - if it's a girl, it's Kaitlyn (though there's a dispute on the spelling), and if it's a boy, it's Aiden. So, there's no James... unless they change their mind

I hope it's a girl. We could start a WooHoo baby Caitlin trend.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

I always dreaded having a red-haired, freckled child - they have outrageous tempers and are very hard to control!

So I've heard
                            I was an angel But then I was a strawberry blonde and not a bright fire red head.

Comment

...no
                              Seconded!
                              Agreed.

sigpic

Comment

Love the WooHoo tree

Jumble, no. He can only lurk when you're acing out!
                                I never do, I'm Martin's good little WooHoo <---- Angelic smile

WooHood Wendy!!!
                                Congrats

*blinks*
                                Don't look at me

I was super excited when he told me, but then I had to keep quiet. But yessss, extra exciting like before when he told me

Well that's good - I keep envisioning a gang of five/six year old James WooHoos running riot around the WooHoo House

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeey aunty Wendy!!!!
                                Good to hear about your appointment at the hospital.

And since we have so many British Woohoos: http://www.albertoandreu.com/wp-cont...positiva11.jpg

Laurie is familiar with 'I only have a few minor comments'

Comment

Working...
                                X