The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Alas, no. But very excited for this one! Already getting busy on it! My goal is to get an audience of at least 75. Got the troops out already.

Okay, off to work. It's the disorganized clinic today, so wish me luck!

*hugs*
    Well, it's late, but good luck!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    *hugs Nad* How's dad doing right now? Do they already know what is wrong with him?
    *hugs back* Thanks.
    (And that goes to all of you, BTW! )

Still nothing on what's going on. He got a little worse again, but he's still doing fine. They changed his medication again and put him back on an IV. He got moved to the proper ward and now is sharing a room with tree other men his age. Seriously, imagine that... Four slightly older men, looking at eachother all day long while getting whipped by a nurse. A scary TV movie cliche kind of nurse... They even watched football together last night.
    Visiting hours are a hoot.

On the other hand...I'm back at work Probably not the entire day...but I'll see how long I can go on today before my body tells me to go home!
    WooHood! *high fives*
    Take care though.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Ah the fun of Dutch hospitals! That was something that amazed me while I was in here. I had a private room and no visiting hours...family/friends could come in whenever they wanted!

Still...the Dutch hospital style has its charm too...at least you're with people of your age instead of something else!
      sigpic

Comment

Afternoon all

Huggles today for Laurie, MoB and Nad and her dad

MoB, so excited you've got the date and venue for the next concert! Really hope you get a good audience and raise lots of money

*curls up on the couch* Quiet in here today
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

OK......I'm going to faint!!!!!!
          Stana Katic published my latest vid on her FB wall and she wrote: "xfproductions, hooooonestly! abc needs to call you to start making 'castle' promos!!! wow! hug, s"

sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            OK......I'm going to faint!!!!!!
            Stana Katic published my latest vid on her FB wall and she wrote: "xfproductions, hooooonestly! abc needs to call you to start making 'castle' promos!!! wow! hug, s"

WoohoooooooD! YAY! How awesome!
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Wow! Well done Sil! Awesome!!!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Coincidence that it was Internationel Women's Day but I went to a Sarah McLachlan concert last night. For those who don't know, she is a fabulous Canadian singer. There were two other women on tour with her, a fellow Canuck, Melissa McClelland, and an Aussie, Butterfly Boucher. How appropriate on such a day to see three talented women being backed up by the guys for a change. Absolutely fabulous show so if they are coming to a town near you, go and see it!

It struck me how much SM reminded me of AT. Both Canadian women who are terrific artists based in Vancouver. AT has S4K and SM is a big supporter of World Vision. Both support and mentor women is their chosen professions. In fact, rather than have the other two singer/songwriters as an opening act, SM incorporated them into the entire show. Allowing their moments to shine and even singing back up for them. She was also the brains behind Lillith Fair, a concert like a folk festival featuring female artists. She is also a working Mom who knows where her true priorities are, with her family. She even answered questions from the fans and was completely honest with her answers. SM also is very appreciative of her fans.

All in all, a great way to celebrate International Women's Day, enjoying the talent of several wonderful women.
                Last edited by EH-T; 09 March 2011, 03:15 PM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

This clinic is giving me a headache.

On the bright side- my friend got comps to tonight's 'How to Succeed...' on Bway, so I'm going to the theater tonight. Whee!
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*squishy huggles Woohoos*

*goes back to quiet corner*

Comment

MoB that's excellent news!!!!! Gosh I wish I could be there... must be an experience to watch you sing if the vid you posted is anything to go by *crosses fingers for 75 people, and more*

Sil, wow! that's just amazing!!!!!!! Congrats!

EH-T I can just imagine what kind of an experience it was... soooooo wish there was a way for me to hear SM live. Love her songs, love her voice and her strength. Ah, one day

Congrats on your '69 Laurie!!!!!

*goes to the corner and hugs Sarai*

*comes back and hugs everyone else*
                      Last edited by Devilish Me; 09 March 2011, 01:37 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Have you seen this?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm... let me post yet again!

edit: there is part 2 - go to yt

Edit2:

@his first response about Amanda's directing

Edit3: Wonders if she broke the thread

Edit4: I could just go on like this forever... but I wont, this is the last one I promise

Last edited by Devilish Me; 09 March 2011, 01:52 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow Sil, that's awesome. Your vids are seriously good though so not totally surprised.

Woohoo MOB. Yes, don't forget Amanda did say, tell her when the next one is .

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                            Coincidence that it was Internationel Womens' Day but I went to a Sarah McLachlan concert last night. For those who don't know, she is a fabulous Canadian singer. There were two other women on tour with her, a fellow Canuck, Melissa McClelland, and an Aussie, Butterfly Boucher. How appropriate on such a day to see three talented women being backed up by the guys for a change. Absolutely fabulous show so if they are coming to a town near you, go and see it!

It struck me how much SM reminded me of AT. Both Canadian women who are terrific artists based in Vancouver. AT has S4K and SM is a big supporter of World Vision. Both support and mentor women is their chosen professions. In fact, rather than have the other two singer/songwriters as an opening act, SM incorporated them into the entire show. Allowing their moments to shine and even singing back up for them. She was also the brains behind Lillith Fair, a concert like a folk festival featuring female artists. She is also a working Mom who knows where her true priorities are, with her family. She even answered questions from the fans and was completely honest with her answers. SM also is very appreciative of her fans.

All in all, a great way to celebrate International Womens' Day, enjoying the talent of several wonderful women.
                            I ADORE Sarah Mclachlan. I saw her twice in 2004 (Albert Hall and Hammersmith Apollo) Butterfly Boucher was supporting her then too.
                            Awesome artist; Canadians do, indeed rock!
                            She was supposed to be coming ove rere last year for Eurpopean dates for Lilith Fair but that enver happened for some reason. I hope she will come back here one day. Canada is an awful long way to go see her again.

Thanks everyone for the huggles yesterday.

Laurie, I'd love to say that, yes, my family do mean well but, sadly they don't. I'd just had enough of it all after a particularly trying week. I'm currently avoiding them all; cutting off my nose to spite my face a bit but, actually, feel a lot calmer because of it. That might be the wine helping mind!

*huggles Bree and Char* Aww the economy sucks. I have to believe the right job is out ther somewhere despite the poobags of it all.

Missing you all but so so busy. You know, I've moved the entire country the last few days... well forum wise anyway. Lots of posts, lots of merging and moving... fun fun fun. When we've done with this restructure I might have some time.

*huggles woohoos everywhere*
                            sigpic

Comment

*runs in*

Hello

XFC - that's so deliciously awesome!

MoB - yay for the next concert! Anything we can do to help? And ooooh, I'm so jealous that you're seeing How To Succeed In Business! JEALOUS Is that the one Daniel Radcliffe is in? I really do love Loesser, so much...stylish than Rogers and Hammerstein, if you ask me

We had our first rehearsal for our musical yesterday. It's a scene study of Sondheim's works Company, A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum, Sweeney Todd, A Little Night Music and Passion. (I'm playing Fosca in Passion and ensemble for everything else) We learnt two songs, an uh, I LOVE sightreading Sondheim!!! Sightreading is my special skill I just LOVE it! *huggles Sondheim*
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, I did a dumb thing today (not the first time at that!). I slipped and twisted or pulled (again) my achilles heel and it hurt so much I went to the clinic. Luckily it was my left foot so I could drive. Apparently I did it this time. After some expensive testing, I was told that I am suppose to stay off my left foot as much as possible and let it rest. Also suppose to apply cold onto it. They also gave me a stretching exercise but I have to wait for another week until I do that one. At least I didn't tear it. But it doesn't stop it from hurting. OUCH! So I am hobbling around the place and staying inside. Oh well, it is suppose to rain for the next 7 days so I don't need to go out in it.

Strange thing is they asked me who was taking me home. And when I said it was me they said no, you need someone else to drive. I told them I drove there by myself and they insisted that I get someone to drive me home. I finally talked to someone that understood me and said drive carefully and once I get home, don't drive around either. Just go to my apt and stay. I don't like such things!
                                Last edited by llp; 09 March 2011, 09:34 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X