No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*huggles Laurie* Ouch!!! Hoe you feel better soon!

*huggles woohoos*
    sigpic

Comment

(((Laurie)))) Damn

I'm off to Bosnia for a couple of days. See you guys when I get back
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*huggles Laurie*
        *waves to Wendy and Nad and Spencer*
        Last edited by Leo1; 10 March 2011, 10:11 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

*mornin all*

*yawn*

OMG. My eyes are so puffy and red, you'd think I was out being bad last night instead of just taking in some culture, lol. I wish!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          Coincidence that it was Internationel Women's Day but I went to a Sarah McLachlan concert last night. For those who don't know, she is a fabulous Canadian singer. There were two other women on tour with her, a fellow Canuck, Melissa McClelland, and an Aussie, Butterfly Boucher. How appropriate on such a day to see three talented women being backed up by the guys for a change. Absolutely fabulous show so if they are coming to a town near you, go and see it!

<snip>
          Sound lovely! I love SM, and have always wanted to see her live. Hopefully some day.

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
          MoB that's excellent news!!!!! Gosh I wish I could be there... must be an experience to watch you sing if the vid you posted is anything to go by *crosses fingers for 75 people, and more*
          Aw (((Dee))). I wish you could be there too! I think with the right amount of publicity, we can get a good audience. Last time was my first time producing anything, so it was a steep learning curve. This time, being in a prominent venue, some of the publicity will be taken care of for us, though I will still be doing a lot on my own.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Woohoo MOB. Yes, don't forget Amanda did say, tell her when the next one is .
          It was sweet of her to say, but unless there's some event they already have to attend here for SyFy, I don't think anyone from S4K will actually be coming. It's a LONG trip. But their spirit will be present and we're gonna showtune rock the house for them.

*hugs you, just because*

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
          *runs in*
          1. MoB - yay for the next concert! Anything we can do to help?

2. And ooooh, I'm so jealous that you're seeing How To Succeed In Business! JEALOUS Is that the one Daniel Radcliffe is in? I really do love Loesser, so much...stylish than Rogers and Hammerstein, if you ask me

3. We had our first rehearsal for our musical yesterday. It's a scene study of Sondheim's works Company, A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum, Sweeney Todd, A Little Night Music and Passion. (I'm playing Fosca in Passion and ensemble for everything else) We learnt two songs, an uh, I LOVE sightreading Sondheim!!! Sightreading is my special skill I just LOVE it! *huggles Sondheim*
          1. I don't know yet, lol. But I will think about it.

2. Yes, it was the one with Daniel Radcliffe, and yes he was adorable in the role. He's TEENY!! I have to admit I didn't like the show itself very much. My thoughts on the show:
          Spoiler:
          Even though I've been a musical theater singer/actor since I was 15, I've never seen this show! Shocking, I know. But it's not well constructed, the music us patently UN-memorable, and the characters are 2 dimensional.

In this particular production, the costumes and sets were hugely generic, the casting was bland, and the choreography was very community-theater. In fact, that might be an insult to community theater, lol! Like I said, DR was delightful, he moves very well, but his singing? Meh. His chemistry with Rosemary? None. I love John Laroquette, but he had me wondering when the last time he did live theater was because he spoke SO FAST I could barely understand a word. And he CAN'T sing. At all, lol. With the exception of the woman who played Miss Jones, the women were totally white bread and bland. Nothing interesting at all. My friend and I both agreed that the leading lady would have been lovely in a high-school or summer stock production of this show. We also both agreed that we were happy it was free. I would be VERY unhappy if I had paid $100 to see this show. Just because Harry Potter was in it, doesn't make it good, lol. In fact, there were really only 2 numbers that made me go 'now I feel like I'm at a Broadway show.' That shouldn't be the case in a 3 hour musical!

We were there with the cast of Billy Elliot (my friend is one of the guardians for that show) and of course the kids went nuts for DR and all stage-doored to get him to sign their Harry Potter stuff, which was super cute.

Re: the above-- I should point out, that I'm not a particularly harsh critic, in general. But this is BROADWAY, I expect so much more.

3. YAY for Fosca! Such a great role. Enjoy her! *claps*

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Well, I did a dumb thing today (not the first time at that!). I slipped and twisted or pulled (again) my achilles heel and it hurt so much I went to the clinic. Luckily it was my left foot so I could drive. Apparently I did it this time. After some expensive testing, I was told that I am suppose to stay off my left foot as much as possible and let it rest. Also suppose to apply cold onto it. They also gave me a stretching exercise but I have to wait for another week until I do that one. At least I didn't tear it. But it doesn't stop it from hurting. OUCH! So I am hobbling around the place and staying inside. Oh well, it is suppose to rain for the next 7 days so I don't need to go out in it.

Strange thing is they asked me who was taking me home. And when I said it was me they said no, you need someone else to drive. I told them I drove there by myself and they insisted that I get someone to drive me home. I finally talked to someone that understood me and said drive carefully and once I get home, don't drive around either. Just go to my apt and stay. I don't like such things!
          *huggles Laurie*

*passes ice & motrin*

(((Laurie)))) Damn

I'm off to Bosnia for a couple of days. See you guys when I get back
          Travel safe!
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*bounces a little bit*
            We might...perhaps...have found a puppy Still crossing our fingers and making sure it's a "good" dog...have to make a question list for my parents that they will ask the breeder(is that the right name?) on Saturday...but the puppies are now one week old

Pic:
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

OMG Jann! Such cuties! But that poor mama looks exhausted!! ( suppose nurisng 7 babies will do that to you! )
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                OMG Jann! Such cuties! But that poor mama looks exhausted!! ( suppose nurisng 7 babies will do that to you! )
                She does...we do have some more pics of her before she got preggies and like I said my parents are going to them on Saturday before making any decision. We don't buy, or even really look at the pups till we've judged the moms character Still...I can't imagine nursing 7 kids...or puppies
                sigpic

Comment

MoB that's excellent news!!!!! Gosh I wish I could be there... must be an experience to watch you sing if the vid you posted is anything to go by *crosses fingers for 75 people, and more*

Sil, wow! that's just amazing!!!!!!! Congrats!

EH-T I can just imagine what kind of an experience it was... soooooo wish there was a way for me to hear SM live. Love her songs, love her voice and her strength. Ah, one day
                  Congrats on your '69 Laurie!!!!!

*goes to the corner and hugs Sarai*

*comes back and hugs everyone else*
                  Here's hoping you get the chance. She is awesome.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Wow Sil, that's awesome. Your vids are seriously good though so not totally surprised.

Woohoo MOB. Yes, don't forget Amanda did say, tell her when the next one is .

I ADORE Sarah Mclachlan. I saw her twice in 2004 (Albert Hall and Hammersmith Apollo) Butterfly Boucher was supporting her then too. Awesome artist; Canadians do, indeed rock!
                  She was supposed to be coming ove rere last year for Eurpopean dates for Lilith Fair but that enver happened for some reason. I hope she will come back here one day. Canada is an awful long way to go see her again.

Thanks everyone for the huggles yesterday.

Laurie, I'd love to say that, yes, my family do mean well but, sadly they don't. I'd just had enough of it all after a particularly trying week. I'm currently avoiding them all; cutting off my nose to spite my face a bit but, actually, feel a lot calmer because of it. That might be the wine helping mind!

*huggles Bree and Char* Aww the economy sucks. I have to believe the right job is out ther somewhere despite the poobags of it all.

Missing you all but so so busy. You know, I've moved the entire country the last few days... well forum wise anyway. Lots of posts, lots of merging and moving... fun fun fun. When we've done with this restructure I might have some time.

*huggles woohoos everywhere*
                  Cool.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Well, I did a dumb thing today (not the first time at that!). I slipped and twisted or pulled (again) my achilles heel and it hurt so much I went to the clinic. Luckily it was my left foot so I could drive. Apparently I did it this time. After some expensive testing, I was told that I am suppose to stay off my left foot as much as possible and let it rest. Also suppose to apply cold onto it. They also gave me a stretching exercise but I have to wait for another week until I do that one. At least I didn't tear it. But it doesn't stop it from hurting. OUCH! So I am hobbling around the place and staying inside. Oh well, it is suppose to rain for the next 7 days so I don't need to go out in it.

Strange thing is they asked me who was taking me home. And when I said it was me they said no, you need someone else to drive. I told them I drove there by myself and they insisted that I get someone to drive me home. I finally talked to someone that understood me and said drive carefully and once I get home, don't drive around either. Just go to my apt and stay. I don't like such things!
                  Ouch! Take care of yourself and follow doctor's orders. ((((llp))))

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                  *mornin all*

*yawn*

OMG. My eyes are so puffy and red, you'd think I was out being bad last night instead of just taking in some culture, lol. I wish!

Sound lovely! I love SM, and have always wanted to see her live. Hopefully some day.

Aw (((Dee))). I wish you could be there too! I think with the right amount of publicity, we can get a good audience. Last time was my first time producing anything, so it was a steep learning curve. This time, being in a prominent venue, some of the publicity will be taken care of for us, though I will still be doing a lot on my own.

It was sweet of her to say, but unless there's some event they already have to attend here for SyFy, I don't think anyone from S4K will actually be coming. It's a LONG trip. But their spirit will be present and we're gonna showtune rock the house for them.

*hugs you, just because*

1. I don't know yet, lol. But I will think about it.

2. Yes, it was the one with Daniel Radcliffe, and yes he was adorable in the role. He's TEENY!! I have to admit I didn't like the show itself very much. My thoughts on the show:
                  Spoiler:
                  Even though I've been a musical theater singer/actor since I was 15, I've never seen this show! Shocking, I know. But it's not well constructed, the music us patently UN-memorable, and the characters are 2 dimensional.

In this particular production, the costumes and sets were hugely generic, the casting was bland, and the choreography was very community-theater. In fact, that might be an insult to community theater, lol! Like I said, DR was delightful, he moves very well, but his singing? Meh. His chemistry with Rosemary? None. I love John Laroquette, but he had me wondering when the last time he did live theater was because he spoke SO FAST I could barely understand a word. And he CAN'T sing. At all, lol. With the exception of the woman who played Miss Jones, the women were totally white bread and bland. Nothing interesting at all. My friend and I both agreed that the leading lady would have been lovely in a high-school or summer stock production of this show. We also both agreed that we were happy it was free. I would be VERY unhappy if I had paid $100 to see this show. Just because Harry Potter was in it, doesn't make it good, lol. In fact, there were really only 2 numbers that made me go 'now I feel like I'm at a Broadway show.' That shouldn't be the case in a 3 hour musical!

We were there with the cast of Billy Elliot (my friend is one of the guardians for that show) and of course the kids went nuts for DR and all stage-doored to get him to sign their Harry Potter stuff, which was super cute.

Re: the above-- I should point out, that I'm not a particularly harsh critic, in general. But this is BROADWAY, I expect so much more.

3. YAY for Fosca! Such a great role. Enjoy her! *claps*

*huggles Laurie*

*passes ice & motrin*

Travel safe!
                  I know she is touring the US as well as Canada. You should check the website to see if she is coming somewhere close to you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*runz in tossing huggles everywhere*
                    Pancake supper was a big success. They had to set up 4 extra tables *faints*
                    I ended up re-hurting my not fully healed ankle but it was worth it.
                    Oh, and our team won the pancake flipping race.
                    *runz out*
                    sigpic

Comment

*hugs Laurie* Totally missed your message before! I hope you get better soon...

*looks suspiciously around*

Why are many of the Woohoos getting sick lately? *glares* It better stop now!

Yahoo for the pancake success Bree *huggles* on the ankle though!
                      sigpic

Comment

*deep breath*

Dee, thanks for posting the vids - you can never have too much Amanda or Martin And have fun in Bosnia!

Cags, *hugs* for busy-ness and family stresses Hope things calm down soon, we miss you

Bekki, your musical sounds awesome, have fun!

Laurie, *hugs* for your ankle Take care and rest up, and hope it gets better soon!

Jann, awwww at the puppies! They're so cute!

Bree, yay for pancake success

*huggles everyone*
                        *passes out*
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          *hugs Laurie* Totally missed your message before! I hope you get better soon...

*looks suspiciously around*

Why are many of the Woohoos getting sick lately? *glares* It better stop now!

Yahoo for the pancake success Bree *huggles* on the ankle though!
                          I'm fine.

*runs away before she catches something*

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Good EH-T! don't want another one sick!

And why is it so quiet in here...how can I get people to come out and play?

Post Martin pictures? Post RDA pictures? ....

Errr....biggy pictures?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              *bounces a little bit*
                              We might...perhaps...have found a puppy Still crossing our fingers and making sure it's a "good" dog...have to make a question list for my parents that they will ask the breeder(is that the right name?) on Saturday...but the puppies are now one week old

Pic:
                              Spoiler:
                              Oh My, such cute babies! Makes me want another one but I keep telling myself 2 dogs is enough for one person.

Long Live Stargate

Comment

*hugs Laurie and Bree for hurting and Jann for the (possible) new puppy and the rest of the WooHoos for feeling icky and/or very happy and blessed*

*goes back to watch the vids again*
                                Our PTB are so much fun!
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X