The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
    Oh, no no no. I LOVE TNG! My first was DS9 though and I love that one the best. I just hated Will.
    Must be something about the name

Loveeeeed Voyager to bits. Even Enterprise. TOS not so much, but watched it non the less.
    And yeah, without those shows, I probably would never be a scifi fan. There's not much scifi geekness around these parts
    I got into it early - the Original Star Trek and Dr Who from the beginning

Didn't like TNG when it started but got into it later on, I preferred DS9. LOVED Voyager!!! Enterprise, not so much despite having Scott Bakula in it, who I absolutely adored in Quantum Leap I liked all the original Star Trek movies, didn't watch the TNG ones. And should I admit that I remember Lost In Space? I also loved the original BSG, but not the new version.

What's TOS?

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      OK, when did the Star Trek ranks start? Did I miss that this morning or is it a very recent thing?
      Why do they need to change these ranks so often...*sigh*

Anyway...I only watched Voyager and the movies, other than that ST wasn't that interesting for me...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        ]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/jumble65/69%20new%20banners/26969.jpg]

Wooooooooohoooooooooooo on the '69!!!

Must be, though I do love Robin. And his bum.

I got into it early - the Original Star Trek and Dr Who from the beginning

Didn't like TNG when it started but got into it later on, I preferred DS9. LOVED Voyager!!! Enterprise, not so much despite having Scott Bakula in it, who I absolutely adored in Quantum Leap I liked all the original Star Trek movies, didn't watch the TNG ones. And should I admit that I remember Lost In Space? I also loved the original BSG, but not the new version.

What's TOS?
        TOS - the original Series

Voyager became my fav after a while, and that was because of strong female characters they had. Loved that. And btw, there's a bit of Janeway in the last TNG movie. That was about the only reason I watched. Not worth it though.

I didn't watch the original BSG. But the new one!!!!! ((huggles BSG)) Very cleaver show.

And now that you've reminded me of Quantum Leap, I'm gonna search to watch on line Loved that show as well!
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Why do they need to change these ranks so often...*sigh*

Anyway...I only watched Voyager and the movies, other than that ST wasn't that interesting for me...
          At least they didn't mess without avis this time I guess we should be grateful for that

Comment

Wooooooooohoooooooooooo on the '69!!!

Must be, though I do love Robin. And his bum.
            Doesn't do a thing for me

TOS - the original Series
            Oh

Voyager became my fav after a while, and that was because of strong female characters they had. Loved that. And btw, there's a bit of Janeway in the last TNG movie. That was about the only reason I watched. Not worth it though.
            Voyager was my fave too - really liked all the characters

I didn't watch the original BSG. But the new one!!!!! ((huggles BSG)) Very cleaver show.
            Ick! Didn't like it at all - how the heck could they make Starbuck a female???

And now that you've reminded me of Quantum Leap, I'm gonna search to watch on line Loved that show as well!
            I have all the dvds

Comment

At least they didn't mess without avis this time I guess we should be grateful for that
              There is that!

And it seems like most people in here seem to like Voyager
              sigpic

Comment

1. Must be, though I do love Robin. And his bum.

2. I didn't watch the original BSG. But the new one!!!!! ((huggles BSG)) Very cleaver show.

3. And now that you've reminded me of Quantum Leap, I'm gonna search to watch on line Loved that show as well!

2. The new BSG is definitely in my top 5 tv-shows-of-all-time. The first 2.5 seasons are probably the best thing I have ever seen on a screen, anywhere, bar none.

3. Loved QL also. Good, old-fashioned sci-fi.

1. Doesn't do a thing for me

2. Ick! Didn't like it at all - how the heck could they make Starbuck a female???
                1. Me neither.

2. Really? Have you watched the series at all? It's probably the only show I've ever seen where gender really plays no role. Men and women are COMPLETELY equal on this series. It's one of the things I adore about it. And Katee was really, really awesome as Starbuck. I watched TOS with my dad as a little girl and only vaguely remember it, but the new one just blew me away. The writing is out-of-this-world fantastic ( yes, I am a little biased ) and the entire production is brilliant.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post

2. The new BSG is definitely in my top 5 tv-shows-of-all-time. The first 2.5 seasons are probably the best thing I have ever seen on a screen, anywhere, bar none.

QL was another one of those shows where, like Sanctuary, there were so many possibilites for storylines. I loved that it was different every week - also adored Dean Stockwell as Al

1. Me neither.

2. Really? Have you watched the series at all? It's probably the only show I've ever seen where gender really plays no role. Men and women are COMPLETELY equal on this series. It's one of the things I adore about it. And Katee was really, really awesome as Starbuck. I watched TOS with my dad as a little girl and only vaguely remember it, but the new one just blew me away. The writing is out-of-this-world fantastic ( yes, I am a little biased ) and the entire production is brilliant.
                  Yes, I did watch it, but very soon went off the idea. I guess because I loved the original so much and couldn't get my head around the changes of characters and actors Lorne Green as Adama - Awesome!!

Comment

QL was another one of those shows where, like Sanctuary, there were so many possibilites for storylines. I loved that it was different every week - also adored Dean Stockwell as Al

Yes, I did watch it, but very soon went off the idea. I guess because I loved the original so much and couldn't get my head around the changes of characters and actors Lorne Green as Adama - Awesome!!
                    I can see that. I guess, it's just SO different from TOS that it didn't bother me at all. It was as though they took the premise and completely reimagined it. I also love that it's dark and gritty and doesn't shy away from the issues it wants to tackle. There's also so much about the show, unrelated to the actual watching of the show, that I hold dear that I can't do anything but love it.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Ick! Didn't like it at all - how the heck could they make Starbuck a female???

I have all the dvds
                      What????? She was a guy???? I was contemplating watching it, but there's no way that Starbucks can be a guy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, mine too! It's right up there with Stargate Though, S4 is my all-time fav, in terms of character development.
                        sigpic

Comment

What????? She was a guy???? I was contemplating watching it, but there's no way that Starbucks can be a guy.
                          Yeah I had the same thing! Couldn't believe that either...that's why I didn't buy/see that version of BSG. Certainly since I love the new series!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Yeah I had the same thing! Couldn't believe that either...that's why I didn't buy/see that version of BSG. Certainly since I love the new series!
                            Though it would be interesting to see what other changes were made.
                            Love your sig!
                            sigpic

Comment

Though it would be interesting to see what other changes were made.
                              Me too at first, but since I read a lot about it I got the feeling not to watch it!

Love your sig!
                              Thanks! I got a really boring class on school and I made it during that class... before I left during the break
                              sigpic

Comment

I can see that. I guess, it's just SO different from TOS that it didn't bother me at all. It was as though they took the premise and completely reimagined it. I also love that it's dark and gritty and doesn't shy away from the issues it wants to tackle. There's also so much about the show, unrelated to the actual watching of the show, that I hold dear that I can't do anything but love it.
                                In which case, why call it BSG? Why not just be honest and make a completely new show?

Originally played by Dirk Benedict - Faceman from The A Team There's no way turning that character into a female could ever work for me

Comment

Working...
                                X