• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Go England!
    Go Holland!
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Aww. See? We WooHoos are so nice to each other!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        Friday, at the same time
        *puts it in diary*

About how many regular (accesible) channels do you guys have? It's pretty much, right?

We have about ten and there's one channel that broadcasts the whole thing and the others pretty much back off. I like that. You can see most programs on other networks as scheduled.
        We have hundreds of channels. Which is why I get pi$$ed off with what's happening. They take off regular programming and flood all the channels with the World Cup. Which a LOT of people don't want to watch

They could put Martin on 99 channels and I'd be VERY HAPPY!!!!

Comment

Nad, we woohoos are awesome!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          *puts it in diary*

We have hundreds of channels. Which is why I get pi$$ed off with what's happening. They take off regular programming and flood all the channels with the World Cup. Which a LOT of people don't want to watch

sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*puts it in diary*

Yeah, but Martin's Special.
            Who woodn't like to watch him?
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Aww. See? We WooHoos are so nice to each other!
              Of course we are

Sarai and Josiane are here!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Of course we are

YAY!!!! Have a good time!!!

Make sure you have good wine and lots of hugs!
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Of course we are

WooHood!
                  *waves*

sigpic

Comment

*sits on floor and starts singing songs from The Beatles*
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*sits on floor and starts singing songs from The Beatles*
                      *joins in and starts a campfire*

Indoors.

sigpic

Comment

*joins in and starts a campfire*

Indoors.

There's no need to worry about a housefire or anything... No, no.

sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

There's no need to worry about a housefire or anything... No, no.

Noooooooow. No.
                          ...I shoved the couch aside and put all the loose PTB pictures on a tidy pile.

sigpic

Comment

Noooooooow. No.
                            ...I shoved the couch aside and put all the loose PTB pictures on a tidy pile.
                            Good idea! Keep those PTB pictures safe. They're very important.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                              *comes out of hiding*

Just peeked in at the Sam/Jack Appreciation Thread. Thought I was in the wrong thread. Way too much OT for me.

Ironically, one of the issues some had with the thread was that the "clampdown" on off topicking got so bad you'd feel uneasy even mentioning RL stuff. That's where it stopped living up to its previous "family" name.
                              (although, for a few pages there then yes, ok that was a lot! Nice to see nobody leaping on it though.)

Congrats Wendy on your driving. I wouldn't be able to drive a manual to save my life. Automatics only for me. My husband brought home a Renault yesterday to benchmark and boy did we get looks. There aren't many (if any) Renaults here in the U.S. anymore, at least I don't think so. Anyway, the manual in that was horrible.
                              I learnt to drive manual but have driven only autos for the last 7 years. I reckon my gear changing wood be worse than Wendy's! Frankly, I can't really see the point of having a manual car now. Obviously good to learn that way but why change gear when the car can do it for you so much more effciently.

For those of you who remember about my son's social problems, he will be tested for Autism. The director of the Autism program at his elementary noticed some Autistic tendencies, so he is going to be tested for it. They believe it is Aspergers and that he is a high functioning autistic child. It crushed me, so I have been a little depressed lately because I don't want him to be labeled. I definitely don't want anyone to treat him differently because he is a great kid. *eyes begin to water*

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. We will find out the results of the tests next week.

*goes back into hiding*

*huggles* I wondered why you were so quiet.

I'm have not much more to add than the excellent stuff others have said. Even if it turns out that is the diagnosis - really, all you're doing is putting a label on why he's like he is and that initself, helps you to tailor his education and social development specifically to suit his needs. Labels are horrible but sometimes they are there for a good reason. I know people say how devastating it is to be told your beloved child is not quite like other children - I've seen people describe it as like being bereaved - but he is still your wonderful, amazing, bright, gorgeous little man. Nothing will ever change that and you will still love him and he you just the same. Do talk to other moms with children with the same diagnosis; you cannot beat peer support and you will be inspired when you see just how much your son can and will accomplish with the right attitude and support.

*mega massive squishy supper huggles*

LOL!

Just heard from Josiane that she and Sarai have left Oxford and will be here in about an hour and a half *bounces*

Are they there yet?

On football. I will be watching (some of it anyway). I don't even remember the last world cup. I was quite newly pregnant and, um, rather self involved I suspect.
                              I remember the 2002 one very clearly. I was in Greece on holiday watched every match in a bar with a cooked breakfast and a pint of ice cold Amstel... except that last England one where I watched on a boat in the Aegean, breaking maritime law by persuading the Greek boat to fly thw England flag just this once. We lost to Brazil in the semi finals (respectable as they went on to win). And I remember we beat Argentina in the group stage... cue fistpump moment. That was sweet.

I do think they could keep big tournament s like this on sports channels though. These days there's no real excuse not to. I mean, how many people don't have freeview, cable or satallite). I get annoyed when they cancel everything for sport. It's always for sport too. Don't even start me on Wimbledon... all day, every day for 2 weeks. Drives me bonkers!

*sits around Nad's campfire and starts singing Kumbayah M'lord, kumbayah.... *
                              sigpic

Comment

I learnt to drive manual but have driven only autos for the last 7 years. I reckon my gear changing wood be worse than Wendy's! Frankly, I can't really see the point of having a manual car now. Obviously good to learn that way but why change gear when the car can do it for you so much more effciently.
                                Cags, are you sure? I think even after seven years.... is it not like riding a bike?

Obviously the whole manual vs automatic thing was discussed here with me by my parents, believe it or not. I decided to learn in a manual because it's the most common way everyone drives.

Yay for singing! Bring on the songs!
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X