X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*giggles @ drunk Jumble*

*runs around in circles*
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      Thank you! *huggles* Hmm, gonna say that manuals kinda make my brain hurt too... but that's probably typical of all beginners. I think it's normal to drive an automatic there, isn't it?

*hugs* Good luck. I will be thinking of you both.
      Thank you for the hugs and yes, it is pretty much automatic over here.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      Trek, having the "label" won't change who he is. I know my sis-in-law felt like she didn't know her son after his Autism diagnosis. But when my Lizzie was diagnosed, I knew nothing would change her sweet personality or the joy she brings to everyone she meets. If he is high-functioning Aspergers, then chances are he'll go on to live a productive, independent life. He just needs a little more help and maybe a little more time getting there. If you need to talk, PM me.
      He is a great little boy who has social problems. He has a problem with what is and isn't appropriate in the way he acts around and towards other people. His learning process is fine. He does great in school. I think of him as a "normal" little boy, but now I find myself looking at his mannerisms. I don't want to do this. After today's baseball game he had an emotional meltdown and I tried to be more patient with him about it. I think knowing that he might have Aspergers is helping me in the way I approach him. I tend to listen to him more and take more time in focusing on the problem, so we can learn from it. I will definitely PM you when I need to talk. Thanks.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      *hugs Trek for son* Although Autism, IMHO, isn't bad. My brother has it(very badly) and the asperger version has my cousin...both amazing guys(brother is almost 27 and the cousin is 24) . Sometimes, but perhaps that is because I grew up around them, I don't even notice that they are different than others, because in a way they aren't. They are IMHO the same like any guy of their age, they have a job, friends, in the stages of living on their own...they just needed a bit more guidance to get there than some others
      As for the label, in a way we all have a label...no matter if doctors put it on or kids from the same age etc etc....In the end he will be better because of it...I think (if he has autism that is)
      Thanks and I didn't think he had a problem until somebody pointed out his "autistic" mannerisms. I just thought he was a touchy feely type of kid.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      Ironically, one of the issues some had with the thread was that the "clampdown" on off topicking got so bad you'd feel uneasy even mentioning RL stuff. That's where it stopped living up to its previous "family" name.
      (although, for a few pages there then yes, ok that was a lot! Nice to see nobody leaping on it though.)

*huggles* I wondered why you were so quiet.

I'm have not much more to add than the excellent stuff others have said. Even if it turns out that is the diagnosis - really, all you're doing is putting a label on why he's like he is and that initself, helps you to tailor his education and social development specifically to suit his needs. Labels are horrible but sometimes they are there for a good reason. I know people say how devastating it is to be told your beloved child is not quite like other children - I've seen people describe it as like being bereaved - but he is still your wonderful, amazing, bright, gorgeous little man. Nothing will ever change that and you will still love him and he you just the same. Do talk to other moms with children with the same diagnosis; you cannot beat peer support and you will be inspired when you see just how much your son can and will accomplish with the right attitude and support.

*mega massive squishy supper huggles*
      I don't mind some of the insightful posts, but when it becomes pages and pages, it gets to be a little too much. I enjoyed reading the military command posts, they were very informative.

Well put, Cags. Now you have me in tears. I especially love the bolded part, because that is only going to make him a better person. Helping him rather than ignoring the issue is a better game plan. I have been talking to other mothers, so that definitely helps. My heart hurts when I look at him, not because I pity him, but because I want him to have the best future he can have. It hurts to watch the children interact with him and push him away because they don't understand his actions. Somedays, you wouldn't notice a thing and other days, you can. He has his ups and downs, just like anyone else. I'm going to be setting up playdates over the summer, so he can gain a better grasp on social interaction with his peers. I love him so much.

Thank you to everyone else who gave me hugs. Preferrably clothed.

Oh and about socc . . . I mean football. GO USA! My husband is cheering on Germany.
      sigpic
      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Morning WooHoos

Copying over from Kes

From the Official site:

IT'S HERE!

Sanctuary's Season 2 will be available on DVD and Blu-ray June 15th. And, for the first time ever, season 1 will also be re-released on Blu-ray! Both seasons are packed with exclusive bonus features taking you behind the scenes of Sanctuary.

The complete second season features an astounding arsenal of extras including: episode audio commentaries on all 13 episodes with Amanda Tapping, Creator Damian Kindler and Director Martin Wood; five featurettes including an in-depth look at the series’ visual effects, a script-to-screen look at the episode "Next Tuesday" and a chat with the cast and Amanda Tapping herself as she steps behind the camera to direct the episode “Veritas”. Also included are Robin Dunne's "Behind-the-Scenes" and "Sanctuary Goes to Japan" video diaries; a "Bloopers and Outtakes" reel; and a production stills photo gallery. Plus more!

Make sure to get your box set to catch up on any episodes you missed, learn why this is an Emmy-nominated series for Outstanding Special Visual Effects and find out what the cast is up to on set when the cameras stop rolling.

Catch sneak peeks of the exclusive bonus features on the official fan page at www.facebook.com/SanctuarySeries

Australia: on sale now!

Canada and US: on sale June 15, 2010

UK: on sale October 2010
        Still not clicking the sneak peaks, but really looking forward to seeing all those extras

Comment

Ooooh those extras look fabulous!

sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Good morning.
            *Hugs Woohoos who need it*
            *Hugs everyone else too*
            Congrats Wendy!! *Hugs*

Mom had a good bday, she had a Hawaiian theme type thing, so we ate inner at 5, (Hawaiian pizza, ) so we could make it to the movie theater to see Letters to Juliet.
            Spoiler:
            LOVED IT!! Such a cute movie, and Amanda Seyfried is such a talented actress. The scenery was just beautiful! And I found myself shipping Sophie and Charlie just minutes after they met.
            The story was good, so cute. And I now LOVE Italy. Sooooo want to go there!

Then we got home, had cake and watched Surf's Up. Also a cute movie. I almost choked to death on some cake, but I'm fine.
            Went to bed full and happy.
            Then yesterday dad had to go out of town for the whole day, so me mom and my sis did a girl's day-in type of thing. We played Glayva, watch Mamma Mia. Ate leftovers from Thursday.
            So that's what I did these past two days.
            *Hugs Woohoos some more*
            I also saw the trailer for this movie called Easy A before Letters to Juliet started, it looks good.
            Trailer.
            Teaser trailer, so funny.

For the Twilight fans, Stephenie Meyer put out a new novella, and Eclipse companion, a short book told from the POV of Bree the newborn. You can read it online here. : The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.
            *Sneaks out (for I have nothing else to say, unless I missed something, in which case, nudge me. )*
            sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary extra's, articles, spoilers... I pretty much click it all, just not the big ep spoilers when they come.

Yessika, it's so cool you have a Holland shirt!
              I'm not sure I dare comment on the England- US game here...

Valerie, glad you had fun!

*hugs WooHoos*
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*runs trough. Nekkid*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Sanctuary extra's, articles, spoilers... I pretty much click it all, just not the big ep spoilers when they come.

Yessika, it's so cool you have a Holland shirt!

Valerie, glad you had fun!

*hugs WooHoos*
                  I was actually tempted to buy another Holland t-shirt today It was a bit much so I decided against it

I missed the US-England game... I heard it was a tie
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Sarai and Josiane are on their way home, leaving me all on my own

We had a lovely week-end, did lots of planning for SE *cough*not*cough* and had another gorgeous meal at Anderson's

Cags had to go home last night (er, actually about 2 this morning ) but I'm pretty sure she had a good time too. She'll no doubt be along later to tell you what she thought of Stuart's Crayfish Knickerbocker Glory Topped with a Saffron, Lemon and Chilli Ice Cream!

Yes, that is what I said

I need to go and sort out a really annoying problem I'm having with my laptop See you later

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      We had a lovely week-end, did lots of planning for SE *cough*not*cough* and had another gorgeous meal at Anderson's
                      Yes. I remember asking "So what's the plan for SE then?" and getting a kind of sheepish look, long pause and then "Well, on the first day we'd thought we'd just, erm, hang out in Vancouver." although I do recall talk of perhaps finding out what Dan Shea is working on during that time and, perhaps, accidently, if you like, finding yourselves strolling around that very part of Vancouver - oh how very coincindental!

Cags had to go home last night (er, actually about 2 this morning ) but I'm pretty sure she had a good time too. She'll no doubt b
                      e along later to tell you what she thought of Stuart's Crayfish Knickerbocker Glory Topped with a Saffron, Lemon and Chilli Ice Cream!

Yes, that is what I said

*drools*

It really was delish. Really.

And yes, I will be back to tell you about it all later, just as soon as I have slept. Having got in at 3am and asleep probably half an hour later, this morning was the one morning Benjabubs decide to get up with the larks... five bloody thirty am!
                      So I've had two hours sleep and a LOT of coffee. I believe my veins fair run brown right now.
                      Fortunately, aside form the normal "teddy fun" (Teddy fun is basically during getting dressed time when my bed gets invaded by assorted stuffed bears and penguins and Mr Men plushies who embark on a raucous bout of Bed Bouncing - often nekkid) the little man has been fairly delightful today. Even so, I'm counting down the minutes until Charles gets in from work so I can crawl back under my duvet with a promise to make it up to him later.
                      sigpic

Comment

*bounces in*

I'm safely home from Jumble's, and Sarai is back on her way up north Had a fabulous weekend as ever, and Stuart surpassed himself last night at Anderson's (*drools at the memory*).

Now, with apologies to Jumble, a weeny bit about football...

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        On football. I will be watching (some of it anyway). I don't even remember the last world cup. I was quite newly pregnant and, um, rather self involved I suspect.
                        I remember the 2002 one very clearly. I was in Greece on holiday watched every match in a bar with a cooked breakfast and a pint of ice cold Amstel... except that last England one where I watched on a boat in the Aegean, breaking maritime law by persuading the Greek boat to fly thw England flag just this once. We lost to Brazil in the semi finals (respectable as they went on to win). And I remember we beat Argentina in the group stage... cue fistpump moment. That was sweet.
                        I was doing my Finals in 2002, and the England-Argentina match was on at lunchtime and I had an exam that afternoon. I had to leave to go and take my exam 10 minutes before the end That felt really tough But just as we started on the exam, just as the invigilator was going through all the rules, we heard the most enormous noise from outside, cheering and yelling and car horns going, and we knew then that we'd won. There was this big kind of sigh of relief throughout the hall - I think a lot of us at that point had been more nervous about the football than the exam!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        I'm quite glad I was at Jumble's actually, meant I didn't feel obliged to watch it. We had a much nicer evening at Anderson's

Sarai and Josiane are on their way home, leaving me all on my own http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...m-crying-2.gif

Cags had to go home last night (er, actually about 2 this morning ) but I'm pretty sure she had a good time too. She'll no doubt be along later to tell you what she thought of Stuart's Crayfish Knickerbocker Glory Topped with a Saffron, Lemon and Chilli Ice Cream!

Yes, that is what I said

I need to go and sort out a really annoying problem I'm having with my laptop See you later
                        *huggless* and THANK YOU!!!!! again And Cags, glad to hear you got home OK even if you then didn't get very much sleep Was fabulous to see you too
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I didn't knew you four met up this weekend...explains why it was so quiet

*hugs Cags* hope you can sleep more later today

*hugs Jumble's computer* Hope you get it fixed hon!

*runs around nekkid*

I wanted to say something else but I totally forgot
                          sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you're back safely Josiane, and more than pleased that I saved you from having to watch the football

Actually, I could be the only one here that remembers watching LIVE the 1966 final when England ACTUALLY WON!!!

Ah, Geoff Hurst, Bobby Moore, the Charleton brothers, Nobby Styles.............. what a game that was, back when we had REAL men playing REAL football

Er..... Did I say I hate football and never watch it? Nowadays that is

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              I didn't knew you four met up this weekend...explains why it was so quiet

*hugs Cags* hope you can sleep more later today

*hugs Jumble's computer* Hope you get it fixed hon!

*runs around nekkid*

I wanted to say something else but I totally forgot
                              Ah yes, we were just doing some last minute planning for SE and picking Josiane's well travelled brain for tips on what to take, what not to take etc. We felt we had to drag Cags along too because she doesn't get out much you know

Like we ever need an excuse

Comment

Ah yes, we were just doing some last minute planning for SE and picking Josiane's well travelled brain for tips on what to take, what not to take etc. We felt we had to drag Cags along too because she doesn't get out much you know

Like we ever need an excuse
                                No excuse is needed lol! But cool though...I do hope you got everything planned soon....or at least planned as far as is needed!

Most will just go differently then you have planned in the end...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X