The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's The WooHoo Way

It's cold and wet outside, which means, sadly, that none of the things on my todo list can be attempted today I am therefore forced to give myself a duvet day, which I will have to spend re-watching GoT S4 .....

So sad to have my plans ruined by the rain....

Comment

Ladies! All the wine talk... What will the Spencers think?
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

They'll think we have some tipsy WooHoos
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

No no - they'll see that we enjoy a little wine with our broccoli, which makes for a balanced diet

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            They'll think we have some tipsy WooHoos
            We could mask that as general insanity.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            No no - they'll see that we enjoy a little wine with our broccoli, which makes for a balanced diet

A little? We're talking bottles here.

EDIT: Oh, I'm a doctor!
            I'm thinking 'WooHoo Hope General Hospital', where the doctors are alcoholics, the nurses are on broccoli and all the ladies fight over one man. And everyone is sexy and has great hair.
            *nods*

...Or has something like that been done before?
            Last edited by DutchIndeed; 20 February 2015, 12:14 PM.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*runs in screaming and squeeing about the Musketeers*
              *screeches to a halt* Woohoo Hospital what now?

Seriously though, the Musketeers. AMAZING. All the feels.
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                We could mask that as general insanity.

A little? We're talking bottles here.
                It's all relative - if there's a lot of broccoli (which of course there is), then the wine wood have to be measured by the bottle

EDIT: Oh, I'm a doctor!
                I'm thinking 'WooHoo Hope General Hospital', where the doctors are alcoholics, the nurses are on broccoli and all the ladies fight over one man. And everyone is sexy and has great hair.
                *nods*

...Or has something like that been done before?
                The GW PTB must be out of their minds if they're putting scalpels into the hands of tipsy WooHoos

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  *runs in screaming and squeeing about the Musketeers*
                  *screeches to a halt* Woohoo Hospital what now?

How come you get to be Hawkeye? No fair!

Seriously though, the Musketeers. AMAZING. All the feels.
                  Really?

Comment

Really! I loved it! Super intense and then massively squeeful

Spoiler:
                    Could just be that I'm more of a shipper than you in general and that was shippy all over the shop

Not much Athos, I guess, but he got all the best lines again
                    sigpic

Comment

Really! I loved it! Super intense and then massively squeeful

Spoiler:
                      Could just be that I'm more of a shipper than you in general and that was shippy all over the shop
                      Spoiler:
                      True. I just found it all very predictable, right down to Louis being a total wimp - not very king-like, but then, he never is. I knew the minute Athos went back to base that he would thus be available to lead the rescue party, which he did admirably of course

The only thing that surprised me was that it wasn't all staged by Rochefort as a way of getting rid of the king.

Nice to see Constance and D'Arty finally get together, but I do wonder where they go from there.

And Ann and Aramis need to watch their backs - 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned', and that particular scorned woman was very aware of the exchange of looks that passed between them.

I spent half the ep wondering where I'd seen the main villain's brother before - guess I'll have to google him

Not much Athos, I guess, but he got all the best lines again
                      Doesn't he always?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        True. I just found it all very predictable, right down to Louis being a total wimp - not very king-like, but then, he never is. I knew the minute Athos went back to base that he would thus be available to lead the rescue party, which he did admirably of course
                        Spoiler:
                        Well yes, but one of the things the Musketeers has always excelled at is doing the predictable with verve and flourish. It's the way you tell the story, not always the story itself, IMO

Spoiler:
                        The only thing that surprised me was that it wasn't all staged by Rochefort as a way of getting rid of the king.
                        Spoiler:
                        Give him time He pretty much said as much to Porthos, after all!

Spoiler:
                        Nice to see Constance and D'Arty finally get together, but I do wonder where they go from there.

And Ann and Aramis need to watch their backs - 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned', and that particular scorned woman was very aware of the exchange of looks that passed between them.
                        Spoiler:
                        Yes, underneath all the squeeing that was going on here I am rather worried for them all by the end of the season. Give us the warm fuzzies now and then break our hearts later But Constance/D'Artagnan was sheer joy for right now

And yes, Marguerite got quite a big clue there. Not a happy girl. But Aramis has really not been clever in the way he has treated her. I would feel sorry for her if it wasn't for the fact that clearly she'll tell Rochefort, or at least hint to him about her suspicions, and then we'll be on our way to the big season-ending showdown which is clearly going to be very tied to Aramis/Anne and the Dauphin. Slightly frightened for them And I knew that cross necklace was going to be significant - it's been very prominent this season. Also, depending on how they do it, it's a nice callback to the book with the Queen's diamonds that she gives to Buckingham.

I spent half the ep wondering where I'd seen the main villain's brother before - guess I'll have to google him

Doesn't he always?
                        He really does And it's the way he delivers them too.

I always love the non-verbal communication between Porthos and Aramis too

Hoping I've got all those spoiler and quote tags in the right places...
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Well yes, but one of the things the Musketeers has always excelled at is doing the predictable with verve and flourish. It's the way you tell the story, not always the story itself, IMO

Spoiler:
                          Give him time He pretty much said as much to Porthos, after all!
                          Yes........
                          Spoiler:
                          and I really thought when he was about to kill Marmion that it would come out that he arranged it all, but apparently not - this time

Spoiler:
                          Yes, underneath all the squeeing that was going on here I am rather worried for them all by the end of the season. Give us the warm fuzzies now and then break our hearts later But Constance/D'Artagnan was sheer joy for right now

And yes, Marguerite got quite a big clue there. Not a happy girl. But Aramis has really not been clever in the way he has treated her. I would feel sorry for her if it wasn't for the fact that clearly she'll tell Rochefort, or at least hint to him about her suspicions, and then we'll be on our way to the big season-ending showdown which is clearly going to be very tied to Aramis/Anne and the Dauphin. Slightly frightened for them And I knew that cross necklace was going to be significant - it's been very prominent this season. Also, depending on how they do it, it's a nice callback to the book with the Queen's diamonds that she gives to Buckingham.
                          Spoiler:
                          Yep, it's all building up to one helluver season finale - safe in the knowledge that there will be a season 3

He really does And it's the way he delivers them too.
                          Which is what drew me to him initially

I always love the non-verbal communication between Porthos and Aramis too

Hoping I've got all those spoiler and quote tags in the right places...
                          Ah yes, true bromance telepathy

Milady....

Spoiler:
                          Soooo not fooled by her 'helping' the good guys - she said herself it was purely to serve her own purposes and protect her place in Court. That didn't work did it? I hope Athos doesn't get sucked in.........

And of course Nathan Wright (Robert) looked familiar - I've been watching him for years in Doctors

Comment

*sticks fingers in ears and sings loudly*

Still haven't seen it! The man has gone away for the weekend again and we have a pact - we have to watch it together *sigh*

But it sounds like a good one, can't wait!!

Comment

That's just cruel! Enjoy it when you do get to see it... definitely worth the wait IMO
                              sigpic

Comment

Musketeers..........

Spoiler:
                                Watching a second time and looking at the bigger picture..... I know it's a plot device, but how is it that Marmion, Robert and all their henchmen survived when their women and children starved to death? It could be argued that the men had to survive in order to scavenge for food for their families, but I find it hard to believe, given Marmion's obvious passion and grief, that he and his brother would eat enough to survive in those circumstances

And I have to say, in a life or death situation I would much rather be the object of D'Arty's affection than anyone else's there - he was the only one to offer his life to save the one he loves! Even the king, with all his begging and pleading, never once said 'Take me instead of my wife and child!'

And yes, "Come straight back!"

Comment

Working...
                                X