Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you're having a good one Laurie

Thanks Wendy *hugs back*

Nola, it's my big toe - it's been broken before and is a little unstable, so the slightest knock or bending it too far cracks it open again Really, really hurts

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      There you go, Jumble, he's ok! And lots of him to admire
      In case anyone hasn't seen this week's Musketeers yet......

Spoiler:
      Yup! My absolute favourite ep so far - not just because there's so much Athos, but also because I think Tom excelled himself and totally nailed every move and mood I've felt all along that I don't see the actor because he becomes Athos, and never more so than in this ep.

I really hope we see Catharine again - a showdown between her and Milady would be awesome

Treville may think he is no longer their commanding officer, but he was certainly in command of the villagers and Musketeers here - they would never have won the battle without him

And just for the record - I LOVE Athos!

Comment

Oh, and did I say I really love the horses they're using? Powerful and beautiful - I think they're Percherons or a Percheron mix, but don't quote me on it

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Hope you're having a good one Laurie

Thanks Wendy *hugs back*

Nola, it's my big toe - it's been broken before and is a little unstable, so the slightest knock or bending it too far cracks it open again Really, really hurts
          Ouchie

In case anyone hasn't seen this week's Musketeers yet......

Spoiler:
          Yup! My absolute favourite ep so far - not just because there's so much Athos, but also because I think Tom excelled himself and totally nailed every move and mood I've felt all along that I don't see the actor because he becomes Athos, and never more so than in this ep.

I really hope we see Catharine again - a showdown between her and Milady would be awesome

Treville may think he is no longer their commanding officer, but he was certainly in command of the villagers and Musketeers here - they would never have won the battle without him

And just for the record - I LOVE Athos!
          Really? You've never mentioned it. I had no idea

Spoiler:
          Yup, it was fab I thought you'd be enjoying it Tom Burke is brilliant, agreed. He plays Athos with such understatement, and he did a wonderful job in this episode.

I found Catherine very interesting - she never quite did what I expected her to. I think they were certainly setting her up to go after Milady. They're really giving Milady a bit of a redemption arc this season - by all accounts she's going to be helping the Musketeers next week and I've thought for a while that we're heading to having her fighting on the 'good' side by the end, when we get to the eventual showdown with Rochefort.

Oh, and did I say I really love the horses they're using? Powerful and beautiful - I think they're Percherons or a Percheron mix, but don't quote me on it
          All I know about the horses is that Athos's is called Roger. And Roger supported Uruguay in the World Cup.
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I guess we'll just have to wait and see

And now I will never be able to see Athos mount his horse without giggling at the name

Comment

You're welcome

Though why on earth you should think the name is funny is beyond me
              sigpic

Comment

Comment

sigpic

----------
                  FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

You're welcome

Though why on earth you should think the name is funny is beyond me
                    Hm. Research seems to indicate that Athos' horse is actually a Friesian called Kim - I suspect that 'Roger' was an example of Tom's Athos-like dry wit

And did you know that Alan Rickman is Tom's Godfather and that he has been a major influence on his career? Somehow I don't find that the least bit surprising

Comment

Hm. Research seems to indicate that Athos' horse is actually a Friesian called Kim - I suspect that 'Roger' was an example of Tom's Athos-like dry wit
                      I bet that whatever the horse is called by its owner, it is now permanently Roger on set

And did you know that Alan Rickman is Tom's Godfather and that he has been a major influence on his career? Somehow I don't find that the least bit surprising
                      I did know that. It made the Rickman-esque delivery of his line last week ("If we're all.. quite.. ready") particularly delicious
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh and did you know that Tom's dad was in an episode of the Musketeers last season? He played the old priest in the episode with the secret royal baby and Marie de Medici - the one Richelieu bumps off after he comes to tell him about it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I bet that whatever the horse is called by its owner, it is now permanently Roger on set
                          Probably

I did know that. It made the Rickman-esque delivery of his line last week ("If we're all.. quite.. ready") particularly delicious
                          Tom may have learned it from the Master, but it did fit Athos perfectly

Oh and did you know that Tom's dad was in an episode of the Musketeers last season? He played the old priest in the episode with the secret royal baby and Marie de Medici - the one Richelieu bumps off after he comes to tell him about it.
                          No, hadn't realised that. I know both his parents are fairly well-known actors - must be in the blood

Comment

Hi, just dropped in to thank everyone for the birthday wishes.

I have the feeling I am going to have to watch this show about the Musketeers if I want to keep up. I am just getting over saturated with TV recently and have really cut back on what I watch.
                            sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean Laurie, but The Musketeers really is worth watching

My GoT S4 dvds arrived today - off to watch the bloopers and other extras!

Comment

Hey WooHoos...need prayers badly, or good vibes, happy thoughts, whatever you can send this way!

My sister called me earlier to tell my that my nephew threatened to kill himself yesterday. She was on her way back to the hospital and I'm still waiting to hear if they are going to admit him and not sure of what's going to happen from here. He's only 21.

It's times like these I really hate living apart from my family. Luckily they are only two hours away and I had already planned to go down to her place this weekend for my nieces birthday. Now I just have to get through the week.
                                sigpic

----------
                                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Working...
                                X