X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Milady....

Spoiler:
    Soooo not fooled by her 'helping' the good guys - she said herself it was purely to serve her own purposes and protect her place in Court. That didn't work did it? I hope Athos doesn't get sucked in.........

Spoiler:
    We're clearly on some kind of a Milady redemption arc this season. I was surprised to see the King kick her into touch quite so swiftly, but I think she's going to end up working with the Musketeers to take down Rochefort. Either that or Rochefort will now employ her much as the Cardinal did and she'll go back to her old shady antagonist self. There was a definite softening from Athos towards her at the end there - very slight, but the line about her earning his respect was a big moment. I hope they don't put them back together properly though - they're much better with all the lingering hate and angst. But I think Milady works well in this out-for-herself-sometimes-helpful-sometimes-not role on the whole. She's rather like Spike in the earlier seasons of Buffy - she sticks to her own agenda and will work with both the good guys and the bad girls depending on what suits her own interests at the time.

Musketeers..........

Spoiler:
    Watching a second time and looking at the bigger picture..... I know it's a plot device, but how is it that Marmion, Robert and all their henchmen survived when their women and children starved to death? It could be argued that the men had to survive in order to scavenge for food for their families, but I find it hard to believe, given Marmion's obvious passion and grief, that he and his brother would eat enough to survive in those circumstances
    Spoiler:
    Yes indeed! Did they not think to give their food to the wife and kids?! I think this is a premise we're not supposed to look too closely at

Spoiler:
    And I have to say, in a life or death situation I would much rather be the object of D'Arty's affection than anyone else's there - he was the only one to offer his life to save the one he loves! Even the king, with all his begging and pleading, never once said 'Take me instead of my wife and child!'
    Spoiler:
    The King is an irredeemable little ****, frankly. No matter how many times he gets slapped around the face with what life's like for the rest of France, he's just too self-centred to ever actually take it in. If he had an ounce of awareness of anyone else, he wouldn't have been angry with either D'Artagnan for trying to stall Marmion, or Milady for having found a way out to get help. But all he heard was D'Artagnan suggesting that Marmion toss the coin for the king's life, and all he saw was Milady leaving him against his express wish. He's totally oblivious to actuality. I would say it's going to come back and bite him on the bum, hard, and while it obviously is, he's not going to realise it at all when the dust all settles

D'Artagnan though, proper hero Bless him and Constance, they were just all kinds of adorable. I fear for them

I straight up hooted at that line. Brilliant. Also...
    Spoiler:
    his *look* when he saw the Queen come round the corner behind Aramis. You could just see the simultaneous relief and exasperation.

And while I'm at it, another moment I loved was Aramis bursting through the door and the simultaneous cartoon heart-eyes from Anne and Marguerite Not that I blame either of them. I think I'd sprout a pair myself if Aramis came bursting through a door to rescue me too
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Spoiler:
      We're clearly on some kind of a Milady redemption arc this season. I was surprised to see the King kick her into touch quite so swiftly, but I think she's going to end up working with the Musketeers to take down Rochefort. Either that or Rochefort will now employ her much as the Cardinal did and she'll go back to her old shady antagonist self. There was a definite softening from Athos towards her at the end there - very slight, but the line about her earning his respect was a big moment. I hope they don't put them back together properly though - they're much better with all the lingering hate and angst. But I think Milady works well in this out-for-herself-sometimes-helpful-sometimes-not role on the whole. She's rather like Spike in the earlier seasons of Buffy - she sticks to her own agenda and will work with both the good guys and the bad girls depending on what suits her own interests at the time.
      Milady...

Spoiler:
      I was surprised by that too, because no matter what the idiot did or didn't see, at that point it must have been obvious that she was the one that went for help I guess he just ignored that and only saw that she had disobeyed him - pompous, selfish git And you're right, Athos and Milady should never get back together - she and Rochefort make a much better pairing, plot/entertainment wise

Spoiler:
      Yes indeed! Did they not think to give their food to the wife and kids?! I think this is a premise we're not supposed to look too closely at
      Spoiler:
      Ah, they don't know 'us' too well do they? We look closely at everything

Spoiler:
      The King is an irredeemable little ****, frankly. No matter how many times he gets slapped around the face with what life's like for the rest of France, he's just too self-centred to ever actually take it in. If he had an ounce of awareness of anyone else, he wouldn't have been angry with either D'Artagnan for trying to stall Marmion, or Milady for having found a way out to get help. But all he heard was D'Artagnan suggesting that Marmion toss the coin for the king's life, and all he saw was Milady leaving him against his express wish. He's totally oblivious to actuality. I would say it's going to come back and bite him on the bum, hard, and while it obviously is, he's not going to realise it at all when the dust all settles
      The King.......

Spoiler:
      He absolutely is, and Ryan plays him soooo well that he makes me want to give him a serious reality slap (Louis, not Ryan ) But really, that's not going to happen any time soon, at least until the end of the series is in sight because I don't see them changing his character - it's too integral to the whole thing I think

Spoiler:
      D'Artagnan though, proper hero Bless him and Constance, they were just all kinds of adorable. I fear for them
      Spoiler:
      Oh yes - definitely feeling the love for D'Arty these last few eps! I think his has been the strongest character development so far - which fits because he was the 'newbee' coming into the established group and had the most changes to be made.

I fear for them too

And 'Coming next', "D'Artagnan and I love each other!" *SLAP* - he is sooo going to pay for that

I straight up hooted at that line. Brilliant. Also...
      Spoiler:
      his *look* when he saw the Queen come round the corner behind Aramis. You could just see the simultaneous relief and exasperation.
      Oh yes - me too! Tom is just awesome at getting Athos's expressions perfect!

Spoiler:
      And while I'm at it, another moment I loved was Aramis bursting through the door and the simultaneous cartoon heart-eyes from Anne and Marguerite Not that I blame either of them. I think I'd sprout a pair myself if Aramis came bursting through a door to rescue me too
      Spoiler:
      ... which was the scene that worried me so much about Ann and Aramis. The hug with Ann was so comfortable - the hug with Marguerite completely uncomfortable and awkward.

Now let's see if I've got all the quote and spoiler tags in the right places..........

Comment

These spoilers must be driving Sarai crazy

And Martin, if you're watching - we do still love you to bits, it's just that we need something else to distract us whilst we await your Olympus eps

Comment

The King.......

Spoiler:
          He absolutely is, and Ryan plays him soooo well that he makes me want to give him a serious reality slap (Louis, not Ryan ) But really, that's not going to happen any time soon, at least until the end of the series is in sight because I don't see them changing his character - it's too integral to the whole thing I think
          Spoiler:
          Absolutely. Tbh I don't think he's going to change at all, no matter what happens. It's really more about who manages to get in his good books and bad books - which is probably the most historically accurate this show ever gets

Major props to Ryan Gage though. I utterly believe him as Louis. He did a twitter Q&A yesterday and gave the best answer to a question about what influences were in his portrayal of Louis - Richard II crossed with Bertie Wooster

Spoiler:
          Oh yes - definitely feeling the love for D'Arty these last few eps! I think his has been the strongest character development so far - which fits because he was the 'newbee' coming into the established group and had the most changes to be made.

I fear for them too

And 'Coming next', "D'Artagnan and I love each other!" *SLAP* - he is sooo going to pay for that
          Spoiler:
          Indeed The overall arc is really about D'Artagnan coming into his own - one day being "the greatest of us all" etc. And they're showing that very well, without it being the focus most of the time. The rash impulsiveness we saw so much of last season is becoming much less evident - he's growing up in front of our eyes

Which is partly why I'm really quite worried for Constance now

Oh yes - me too! Tom is just awesome at getting Athos's expressions perfect!

Spoiler:
          ... which was the scene that worried me so much about Ann and Aramis. The hug with Ann was so comfortable - the hug with Marguerite completely uncomfortable and awkward.
          Spoiler:
          Yes, quite the contrast. I fear Aramis is going to pay for his carelessness with Marguerite's heart. He's been so focused on Anne and the baby that he's not really given her a thought beyond using his patented sexing skills on her to get time with his kid. Marguerite would have to have been blind not to figure it out after watching that little display. It's so not going to end well Though I still maintain that the Dauphin's parentage can't come out fully, because then they'd pretty much have to kill off both Anne and the baby, and I don't think they'd go *that* dark Rochefort's going to know, but I'm betting the secret will die with him (and probably Marguerite too - I've thought all along she's probably doomed) by the end of the series. Porthos and D'Artagnan are bound to find out too, but they won't tell on their bro

Now let's see if I've got all the quote and spoiler tags in the right places..........
          It's kinda hard, isn't it?!

Sorry Sarai! We totally blame Dave for you not being able to join in the fun

And Martin, if you're watching - we do still love you to bits, it's just that we need something else to distract us whilst we await your Olympus eps
          Absolutely
          sigpic

Comment

Seriously struggling here

Comment

Josi, you're Hawkeye, I'm BJ! Martinis anyone???
              sigpic

----------
              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I have no idea who I am - but I do have wine

Comment

*waves shyly*

Hi, everyone! I was stumbling around the forum today and giggled like an idiot when I re-found this thread!

It's been a couple years since I've been on GW, but an SG-1 rewatch has driven me back. It's good to see a lot of familiar faces (names?) from back when I was on here more. I'm glad to see that it's still pretty active around here.

That's all I have to say. Hope everyone's doing well. ~Jess
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

*squishy huggles Jess* Welcome back

Comment

*pens that down as a midseason finale storyline*

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      *waves shyly*

Hi, everyone! I was stumbling around the forum today and giggled like an idiot when I re-found this thread!

It's been a couple years since I've been on GW, but an SG-1 rewatch has driven me back. It's good to see a lot of familiar faces (names?) from back when I was on here more. I'm glad to see that it's still pretty active around here.

Hey you!
                      Come back more often
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*pokes head in*

Sorry for being a very absent Woohoo.

*waves at Jess*

*sends IDKScully huggles and those good type of vibes*

*Huggles Nad's mum, just because I hear hugging is very good for you*

*send more good vibes to every corner of the Woohoo house for all who need them*

I really am very sorry for being so absent. I've been away for a week to a cottage in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Was bliss. I baked bread almost every day and got free spuds from the local phone box. As you do.
                        http://www.thorganbyhall.co.uk/marris-cottage

And last week I got a Valentine present - first one I've had in over 20 years. Well it was sort of a Valentine present... the "Valentine" bit kind of got retracted later. And he reckons there's no mixed messages there! *sigh* Men!

Anyway, I see lots of Musketeer talk here. Something I have yet to watch. Dare I ask what am I missing? Should I wait and start from the beginning?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                          Josi, you're Hawkeye, I'm BJ! Martinis anyone???
                          I know they're M*A*S*H but I've never really watched it Always up for booze though

... in small quantities, befitting my lightweight status

You and Athos are so well suited

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          *waves shyly*

Hello! Welcome back

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          *pokes head in*

Sorry for being a very absent Woohoo.

*waves at Jess*

*sends IDKScully huggles and those good type of vibes*

*Huggles Nad's mum, just because I hear hugging is very good for you*

*send more good vibes to every corner of the Woohoo house for all who need them*

I really am very sorry for being so absent. I've been away for a week to a cottage in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Was bliss. I baked bread almost every day and got free spuds from the local phone box. As you do.
                          http://www.thorganbyhall.co.uk/marris-cottage
                          Sounds like a pretty good excuse to me Glad you had a fab time

And last week I got a Valentine present - first one I've had in over 20 years. Well it was sort of a Valentine present... the "Valentine" bit kind of got retracted later. And he reckons there's no mixed messages there! *sigh* Men!
                          Men indeed!

Which reminds me, OMG I didn't tell you all about my weird valentine this year I was walking to work on Monday morning, minding my own business, when a bus pulls in, the driver jumps out, runs up the road after me (me having kept walking not really thinking anything of note about a bus pulling in), and hands me a valentine's card which says 'to the lady who makes my day'

Not sure whether it's kinda sweet or just creepy

Anyway, I see lots of Musketeer talk here. Something I have yet to watch. Dare I ask what am I missing? Should I wait and start from the beginning?
                          <Engage Project Convert The Woohoos Stage Three>

You are missing hot guys in leather sassing everyone in sight and buckling swashes left right and centre, basically, with ships sailing everywhere If that sounds like it might be your thing, you should definitely watch (and yes, from the beginning). I have no idea why it appeals to any of us

(Wait until we get hold of you for the next Woohoomeet )
                          sigpic

Comment

I know they're M*A*S*H but I've never really watched it Always up for booze though

... in small quantities, befitting my lightweight status
                            Bite your tongue! How can you even exist without having acquainted yourself with the Awesome Hawkeye Pearce, the beautific Radar O'Reilly, the cantankerous Colonel Sherman Potter and the ubiquitous 'Hot lips' Houlihan??? Your life is sadly lacking if you have really never met these characters

You and Athos are so well suited
                            We are! I'm sure it has not escaped your notice that the characters I feel most engaged with are those that also have an infinity with the grape Tyrion, Tyrion, wherefore art thou my beloved Tyrion?

Which reminds me, OMG I didn't tell you all about my weird valentine this year I was walking to work on Monday morning, minding my own business, when a bus pulls in, the driver jumps out, runs up the road after me (me having kept walking not really thinking anything of note about a bus pulling in), and hands me a valentine's card which says 'to the lady who makes my day'

Not sure whether it's kinda sweet or just creepy
                            Take it as sweet

<Engage Project Convert The Woohoos Stage Three>

You are missing hot guys in leather sassing everyone in sight and buckling swashes left right and centre, basically, with ships sailing everywhere If that sounds like it might be your thing, you should definitely watch (and yes, from the beginning). I have no idea why it appeals to any of us

(Wait until we get hold of you for the next Woohoomeet )
                            Seconded! I have Josi to thank for my current, er, passion for... um .... total, absolute adoration for... complete obsession with interest in Athos and enjoyment of The Musketeers in general

Comment

Bite your tongue! How can you even exist without having acquainted yourself with the Awesome Hawkeye Pearce, the beautific Radar O'Reilly, the cantankerous Colonel Sherman Potter and the ubiquitous 'Hot lips' Houlihan??? Your life is sadly lacking if you have really never met these characters
                              Before my time, really

We are! I'm sure it has not escaped your notice that the characters I feel most engaged with are those that also have an infinity with the grape Tyrion, Tyrion, wherefore art thou my beloved Tyrion?

I think you mean 'affinity' (though I'm sure you'd all quite like infinity with the grape )... but yes, I had made the connection

Seconded! I have Josi to thank for my current, er, passion for... um .... total, absolute adoration for... complete obsession with interest in Athos and enjoyment of The Musketeers in general
                              *bows* You're very welcome

Oh, and Cags, did I mention it's all so very pretty? Pretty scenery, pretty cinematography, pretty costumes, pretty women, pretty pretty men...
                              sigpic

Comment

Before my time, really
                                Nonsense! The repeats are constant!

I think you mean 'affinity' (though I'm sure you'd all quite like infinity with the grape )... but yes, I had made the connection
                                Ha! See? That's the influence of the grape, right there

*bows* You're very welcome
                                That wasn't a thank you......... was it? Maybe it was........

Oh, and Cags, did I mention it's all so very pretty? Pretty scenery, pretty cinematography, pretty costumes, pretty women, pretty pretty men...
                                Soooo shallow! Cags, you watch it for the awesome acting, the intricate complexity of the storylines, the absolute Awesomeness that is Athos........ er............

Hm.

Comment

Working...
                                X