The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*raises hand*
    I vote for the Sanctuary team to come do a UK tour.
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
      *raises hand*
      I vote for the Sanctuary team to come do a UK tour.
      Maybe we should start a petition............. I mean, they could do it on the cheap. There's enough WooHoos scattered around the UK to put them up and show them around.........

Although I think Josiane might have to squidge them a little to fit them in I, on the other hand, have plenty of spare beds............

And with that thought in my head, I'm off to my bed

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Maybe we should start a petition............. I mean, they could do it on the cheap. There's enough WooHoos scattered around the UK to put them up and show them around.........

Although I think Josiane might have to squidge them a little to fit them in I, on the other hand, have plenty of spare beds............

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*
        If there's one thing I know, it's how to squeeze lots of people into this flat!

WoodNight
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Yep, looks like it to me Josiane

I was going to ask you if they'd got it right
          I wouldn't be surprised if they just made a 3D model of the front of the building, and then just slapped an actual picture on top for a texture and maybe a few maps to make it rougher... more realistic.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know how many of y'all follow American politics, but it was just announced that Elizabeth Edwards has died. Her husband may be an @ss, but she was a very classy lady who was a true advocate for civil rights and health care reform.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*giggles*

We can but hope ladies .

Woodnight Jumble. Hope you have a good one .

And it's definitely past my bedtime. See you all tomorrow .

Comment

If there's one thing I know, it's how to squeeze lots of people into this flat!

WoodNight
                Shouldn't be a problem. I mean, we're all friends aren't we?

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised if they just made a 3D model of the front of the building, and then just slapped an actual picture on top for a texture and maybe a few maps to make it rougher... more realistic.
                Of course they did! Or just used a pic in the background

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem. I mean, we're all friends aren't we?

Of course they did! Or just used a pic in the background
                  It's possible.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                    FKaC
                    Spoiler:
                    Yep, loved it too And I loved the Oxford bits too - unsurprisingly I'm always intrigued by that bit of backstory Looked an awful lot like All Souls College to me

Which is a weird college with no actual students, just academics and a few graduates who win way competitive scholarships after coming top in their final exams. They also ritually re-enact chasing a duck round the college every hundred years (next due, 2101). The Woohoos aren't the only crazies in the world
                    Er....

FKaC (when I first read that I thought you were all doing some weird French Connection style homage to... ah, never mind. )

Spoiler:

The medical stuff... yes they should get that right but I would not have noticed it if not pointed out to me. To be fair, they made plenty of medical related boo boos in SG-1... come on, the whole business with Sam at the end of Entity? Yeah.
                    Not that it excuses it of course. Such a simple thing to put right.

On the whole, loved this episode. Loved it!

I too am not a Helen / John shipper per se but I do see the connection and I appreciate the angst of the relationship they have. The scene was lovely but...oh yes, such a blatant flailsquee moment just for the shippers out there.

The other things I loved:

Helen's little nod to what happened to Ashley. That's exactly the kind of thing I have been looking for.

Will at the end of the episode. There was a real concern and desperation in him when he realised Helen was so sick.

Tesla. Well the whole of the Five and all the flashbacks but especially Tesla.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of my season favourites.

sigpic

Comment

Cags, I thought the same thing about the French Connection thing
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I'm sorry, Josi, did you say (Not a spoiler, but to save confusion)
                        Spoiler:
                        chasing a duck?
                        My mind = boggled.
                        Yes

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                        A few quibbles of my own on S3...

Spoiler:
                        With regards to what we were talking about about lack of research, along the same vein to me wood be properly researching what places (in general, but in this case the UK) actually look like!! I'm referring particularly to Animus here - where Will and Henry take a little holiday to Oldham, near Manchester just over the Pennines (from me anyway ). Has anyone on the crew actually researched Oldham?! It's not exactly the nicest place in the country and there's not a huge amount of green space!

There are quite a few places in the UK that do look like where Will and Henry actually were, so take a little longer, research on Google and say it's there instead. Getting past that, there's also the mention of Guiness and the characters making out like it's the national drink. Which it is, if you're in Ireland. Bizarre.

Don't get me wrong, I love the shows and this is all just IMO, but I do wish they wood take a little extra care and do some research before making these kinds of decisions.

And that refers to all aspects of research surrounding topics on the show, not just locations.

Oh yes. This is still my favourite:

WoodNight WooHoos *hugs*
                        Sounds good to me And I'm sure I could find room somewhere... *looks round*... erm...

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        I don't know how many of y'all follow American politics, but it was just announced that Elizabeth Edwards has died. Her husband may be an @ss, but she was a very classy lady who was a true advocate for civil rights and health care reform.
                        Oh that's sad
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Er....

FKaC (when I first read that I thought you were all doing some weird French Connection style homage to... ah, never mind. )

Spoiler:

The medical stuff... yes they should get that right but I would not have noticed it if not pointed out to me. To be fair, they made plenty of medical related boo boos in SG-1... come on, the whole business with Sam at the end of Entity? Yeah.
                          Not that it excuses it of course. Such a simple thing to put right.

On the whole, loved this episode. Loved it!

I too am not a Helen / John shipper per se but I do see the connection and I appreciate the angst of the relationship they have. The scene was lovely but...oh yes, such a blatant flailsquee moment just for the shippers out there.

The other things I loved:

Helen's little nod to what happened to Ashley. That's exactly the kind of thing I have been looking for.

Will at the end of the episode. There was a real concern and desperation in him when he realised Helen was so sick.

Tesla. Well the whole of the Five and all the flashbacks but especially Tesla.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of my season favourites.

LOL, me too!

Re: SG1 medicine-- I don't remember specifically what happened at the end of "Entity" but aside from the atrocious CPR, there was very little medical stuff on the show that made me truly cringe.
                          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post

Oh that's sad
                            In this day in age of sensational politics, she was a real class act.

From her FB page yesterday:
                            Spoiler:
                            You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces -- my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined. The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human. But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel towards everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know.

She knew. They always know.
                            sigpic

Comment

Aw... That's beautiful. What a legacy to leave behind.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                Aw... That's beautiful. What a legacy to leave behind.
                                Indeed. If only we could all walk through life with such grace.

I'm coming up on a big anniversary and this is definitely something that makes me think about how I approach every day.

*shakes self*

Should get ready for work soon. Maybe will catch a baby tonight. *huggles woohoos*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X